Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

McCanns running again in Liverpool

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  interested on Sun 6 May - 17:40

"Click Liverpool" website has an article entitled, "Kate McCann runs in Liverpool to 'never give up' on missing MADELINE".

They have even forgotton how to spell her name correctly.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2395
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  maebee on Sun 6 May - 18:06

Thanks for this, interested.

Madeline.


Kate and Gerry McCann are racing ahead with raising awareness about their missing daughter Madeline who vanished while on holiday in Portugal five years ago.

The couple have endured difficult times since but continue to commit themselves to charity events and taking part in long-distance runs.

In Liverpool on Sunday the McCann's each took part in a men and women's 10K race for the first Festival of Running just days after the poignant fifth anniversary on 3rd May.

Wearing a white vest with a photograph of a smiling Madeline on the front and the words "Never Give Up" Kate looked athletic and smiled when cheered by crowds lining the road.

Following an announcement by the Metropolitan Police that hundreds of new leads are to be investigated the pair said they have been encouraged that Madeline will be found.

Speaking before she set off on her run at Sefton Park, Kate said: "We're really pleased to be taking part in the RunLiverpool 10K.

"It's something we've considered over previous years but given the poignant timing for our family, we've never quite felt strong enough.

"Thankfully this year with the involvement of the Metropolitan Police things are looking brighter for Madeleine and the search, so we’re ready to give it a go.

"Thank you to everyone in Liverpool again for your brilliant support over the past five years.

"It's appreciated so much by all of our family and friends."

The mens' 10K race which Gerry McCann took part was also joined by some good sports.

Former LFC footballer Alan Kennedy and ex-Everton FC manager Joe Royle proved they could still go the distance.

TV personality Craig Phillips and Brookside actress Suzanne Collins were the celebrity additions and her daughter ran the under 12's fun run for charity Claire House.

maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  AnnaEsse on Sun 6 May - 18:12

maebee wrote:Thanks for this, interested.

Madeline.


Kate and Gerry McCann are racing ahead with raising awareness about their missing daughter Madeline who vanished while on holiday in Portugal five years ago.

The couple have endured difficult times since but continue to commit themselves to charity events and taking part in long-distance runs.

In Liverpool on Sunday the McCann's each took part in a men and women's 10K race for the first Festival of Running just days after the poignant fifth anniversary on 3rd May.

Wearing a white vest with a photograph of a smiling Madeline on the front and the words "Never Give Up" Kate looked athletic and smiled when cheered by crowds lining the road.

Following an announcement by the Metropolitan Police that hundreds of new leads are to be investigated the pair said they have been encouraged that Madeline will be found.

Speaking before she set off on her run at Sefton Park, Kate said: "We're really pleased to be taking part in the RunLiverpool 10K.

"It's something we've considered over previous years but given the poignant timing for our family, we've never quite felt strong enough.

"Thankfully this year with the involvement of the Metropolitan Police things are looking brighter for Madeleine and the search, so we’re ready to give it a go.

"Thank you to everyone in Liverpool again for your brilliant support over the past five years.

"It's appreciated so much by all of our family and friends."

The mens' 10K race which Gerry McCann took part was also joined by some good sports.

Former LFC footballer Alan Kennedy and ex-Everton FC manager Joe Royle proved they could still go the distance.

TV personality Craig Phillips and Brookside actress Suzanne Collins were the celebrity additions and her daughter ran the under 12's fun run for charity Claire House.

She does really well for someone who is claiming that Amaral's book has caused her serious depression. I've seen serious depression, where the person couldn't lift his chin off his chest. No one with serious depression would be traveling around Europe and running miles, looking athletic.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18417
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  MaryB on Sun 6 May - 18:14

Raising Awareness??????????????? Are they for real.

MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  AnnaEsse on Sun 6 May - 18:16

MaryB wrote:Raising Awareness??????????????? Are they for real.

So, at this point whose awareness needs to be raised?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18417
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  Alfiefinn on Sun 6 May - 18:19

I really think the only sort of jogging they should be doing is jogging peoples' memories.

By taking part in a reconstruction.

Although the findings of a reconstruction may be the sort of awareness they don't want to raise.

Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  almostgothic on Sun 6 May - 18:30

This is just part of their training programme for the EAWs.

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  pennylane on Sun 6 May - 19:47

almostgothic wrote:This is just part of their training programme for the EAWs.

Jog on!

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  matthew on Sun 6 May - 22:50

http://vimeo.com/41654966

matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Age : 43
Location : holywell
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Sun 6 May - 23:45

I'm sure this is going to make me seem like a doughnut but what are EAWs? I have googled it and I'm sure it can't be anything to do with Enlisted Aviation Warfare Specialist or European Avalanche Warning Service!

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  almostgothic on Sun 6 May - 23:50

European Arrest Warrants.

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  interested on Mon 7 May - 1:40

itvNews website has an article up entitled, "Kate and Gerry McCann 'positive' about Madeline" by Ben Schofield (with video).

Ben also spells Madeleine incorrectly.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2395
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  fred on Mon 7 May - 7:36

I just wish that they would run off the end of a pier!

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4830
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  tigger on Mon 7 May - 8:09

As they were instrumental in creating the age advanced photograph, surely this was a great opportunity to use that on their T shirts? Not so appealing as an iconic photo, but all the same, it would be of more help in finding Maddie as she is now?

As for not being able to run before because it was so close to these poignant anniversaries - you started running again on the 14th May 2007 - giving the impression you'd rather have started even sooner but worried about what the press would think.




Last edited by tigger on Mon 7 May - 8:48; edited 1 time in total

tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Age : 50
Location : The Hague
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  Justiceforallkids on Mon 7 May - 8:27

gerry looks old in that video!!!!

Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 37
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  AnnaEsse on Mon 7 May - 8:37

Justiceforallkids wrote:gerry looks old in that video!!!!

And he's getting thicker around his waistline. Someone should tell him that makes him a higher risk for heart disease!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18417
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  marxman on Mon 7 May - 8:45

Not many well-wishers cheering him on
at the end. In fact he looks forlorn without
any congratulations from the four ladies
leaning over the barrier.

marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Location : In the dog house
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  AnnaEsse on Mon 7 May - 8:47

marxman wrote:Not many well-wishers cheering him on
at the end. In fact he looks forlorn without
any congratulations from the four ladies
leaning over the barrier.

Oh dear! They probably didn't realise that they were so close to Gerry McCann, the celeb!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18417
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  mossman on Mon 7 May - 8:53

AnnaEsse wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:gerry looks old in that video!!!!

And he's getting thicker around his waistline. Someone should tell him that makes him a higher risk for heart disease!



I'm no Cardiologist, but you need to actually have a heart in order to get heart disease. Gerry is safe enough on that score.

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  tigger on Mon 7 May - 8:55

I love the way he just grabs that medal off on of the women without bothering to acknowledge them. He may have been expecting crowds of excited well-wishers?

Both of them look pretty rough, studio lighting is much kinder.

tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Age : 50
Location : The Hague
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  kitti on Mon 7 May - 8:57

The OLD t shirt with the OLD pic says it all for me....

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  Justiceforallkids on Mon 7 May - 9:02

AnnaEsse wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:gerry looks old in that video!!!!

And he's getting thicker around his waistline. Someone should tell him that makes him a higher risk for heart disease!

and type 2 diabetes!!!!

Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 37
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  Guest on Mon 7 May - 9:06

That isn't fat, though, is it?


Where do you think he keeps his money belt?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Mon 7 May - 9:12

almostgothic wrote:European Arrest Warrants.

Thanks for that. Would you believe that someone asked the same question on another forum and I was the one who answered it!!!! It's official, I am a doughnut.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  wjk on Mon 7 May - 10:48

AnnaEsse wrote:
marxman wrote:Not many well-wishers cheering him on
at the end. In fact he looks forlorn without
any congratulations from the four ladies
leaning over the barrier.

Oh dear! They probably didn't realise that they were so close to Gerry McCann, the celeb!

mossman wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:gerry looks old in that video!!!!

And he's getting thicker around his waistline. Someone should tell him that makes him a higher risk for heart disease!



I'm no Cardiologist, but you need to actually have a heart in order to get heart disease. Gerry is safe enough on that score.

The End Is Nigh wrote:That isn't fat, though, is it?


Where do you think he keeps his money belt?
All these comments made me titter!

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns running again in Liverpool

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:29


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum