Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Tony Bennett

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tony Bennett

Post  mumbles on Mon 7 May - 9:53

Tony Bennett talks to Maurice Boland at 10.30 today re #mccann libel trial, listen live here http://www.italkfm.com/listen-live.htm

mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  mara thon on Mon 7 May - 9:58

10.30 UK time or 10.30 Spanish time ?

mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7063
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  mumbles on Mon 7 May - 9:59

mara thon wrote:10.30 UK time or 10.30 Spanish time ?

He's on in a few minutes.


ETA: They've been having trouble in getting hold of their 'guests' all morning and Tony Bennett was due to be on after the news but seems they've changed the timings yet again!

We shall have to wait and see.....

mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  fred on Mon 7 May - 10:31

Just posted this again, didn't realise it was already on, so delated it. He isn't on yet.

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4843
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  mumbles on Mon 7 May - 10:38

Here we go....

mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  fred on Mon 7 May - 10:42

Pity this is being broadcast on Radio 2

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4843
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  mumbles on Mon 7 May - 10:48

AnnaEsse gets a mention

mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  wjk on Mon 7 May - 10:53

I can't get it to play
Will someone please sum up at the end for us, please.

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  fred on Mon 7 May - 10:53

He's finished now. What did you think?

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4843
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  mumbles on Mon 7 May - 10:55

fred wrote:He's finished now. What did you think?

I thought it was a very fair and balanced interview!


mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  mara thon on Mon 7 May - 10:57

I'm waiting for the psychic

£$%^£ no time for the psychic

Actually I thought TB came across well but the presenter did seem to be a bit "biased" re the Mccanns. When he mentioned the taxi driver I note he didn't mention that the taxi driver was sure it was Kate Mccann in his taxi.

mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7063
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  mumbles on Mon 7 May - 10:58

wjk wrote:I can't get it to play
Will someone please sum up at the end for us, please.

Goncalo's book was mentioned (that it was no longer banned etc)... Tony's website, his books and the fact that lead investigator from M3 and Halligen were both in prison.


mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  fred on Mon 7 May - 11:00

Now that Tonys has gone, he has just said that he thinks it's a lot of old rubbish, and can't see why Tony is doing this??

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4843
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  mumbles on Mon 7 May - 11:00

mara thon wrote:I'm waiting for the psychic

£$%^£ no time for the psychic

Actually I thought TB came across well but the presenter did seem to be a bit "biased" re the Mccanns. When he mentioned the taxi driver I note he didn't mention that the taxi driver was sure it was Kate Mccann in his taxi.

Aaw... I wanted to hear what the psychic had to say!


mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  Chris on Mon 7 May - 11:00

mumbles wrote:
fred wrote:He's finished now. What did you think?

I thought it was a very fair and balanced interview!


Given his summing up comment "I always thought he talked a load of rubbish", the presenter did well to give TB a "fair" hearing.

Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1607
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  mumbles on Mon 7 May - 11:01

Chris wrote:
mumbles wrote:
fred wrote:He's finished now. What did you think?

I thought it was a very fair and balanced interview!


Given his summing up comment "I always thought he talked a load of rubbish", the presenter did well to give TB a "fair" hearing.

Yes, definitely!

mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  Chris on Mon 7 May - 11:03

mumbles wrote:
mara thon wrote:I'm waiting for the psychic

£$%^£ no time for the psychic

Actually I thought TB came across well but the presenter did seem to be a bit "biased" re the Mccanns. When he mentioned the taxi driver I note he didn't mention that the taxi driver was sure it was Kate Mccann in his taxi.

Aaw... I wanted to hear what the psychic had to say!


And the presenter's view on psychics was made clear before he couldn't appear.

Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1607
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  wjk on Mon 7 May - 11:05

mumbles wrote:
wjk wrote:I can't get it to play
Will someone please sum up at the end for us, please.

Goncalo's book was mentioned (that it was no longer banned etc)... Tony's website, his books and the fact that lead investigator from M3 and Halligen were both in prison.

Thanks mumbles

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  almostgothic on Mon 7 May - 11:22

TB came across well, and what would perhaps be surprising for the listenership would be the things he couldn't talk about.
The presenter was a little full of himself, but then a lot of broadcasters are like that.
Still head and shoulders above any McCann-related interview in the UK.

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  AnnaEsse on Mon 7 May - 11:37

mumbles wrote:AnnaEsse gets a mention

Tony asked me a while back if he could mention something I had translated.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18454
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  tigger on Mon 7 May - 14:33

AnnaEsse wrote:
mumbles wrote:AnnaEsse gets a mention

Tony asked me a while back if he could mention something I had translated.

I missed it, but from the comments here it may be that the interviewer covered himself once Tony was off air. He may have a different opinion himself.

But it's an improvement that this is happening - also there's nothing so intriguing as being told there are things one cannot talk about.....

tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Age : 50
Location : The Hague
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  AnnaEsse on Mon 7 May - 14:37

tigger wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
mumbles wrote:AnnaEsse gets a mention

Tony asked me a while back if he could mention something I had translated.

I missed it, but from the comments here it may be that the interviewer covered himself once Tony was off air. He may have a different opinion himself.

But it's an improvement that this is happening - also there's nothing so intriguing as being told there are things one cannot talk about.....

Absolutely! I think it's positive that Tony was interviewed.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18454
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  mumbles on Mon 7 May - 14:52

AnnaEsse wrote:
tigger wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
mumbles wrote:AnnaEsse gets a mention

Tony asked me a while back if he could mention something I had translated.

I missed it, but from the comments here it may be that the interviewer covered himself once Tony was off air. He may have a different opinion himself.

But it's an improvement that this is happening - also there's nothing so intriguing as being told there are things one cannot talk about.....

Absolutely! I think it's positive that Tony was interviewed.


I'm almost sure I heard the interviewer mention (earlier on in the programme) that he knew Tony well.

I should add that it wasn't clear if he meant personally or by reputation.




mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  snowflake on Mon 7 May - 18:37

Can one ever forget tony's version of silent night and the very creepy "voice of Madeleine" verse here which I did tell him at the time tell him was very "creepy"

snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 825
Age : 61
Location : UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  Guest on Mon 7 May - 18:51

snowflake wrote:Can one ever forget tony's version of silent night and the very creepy "voice of Madeleine" verse here which I did tell him at the time tell him was very "creepy"

Can't bring it to mind - do you have a link?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Bennett

Post  Sponsored content Today at 13:40


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum