Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Costa cock-up

+5
almostgothic
malena stool
mara thon
Lillyofthevalley
Chris
9 posters

Go down

Costa cock-up Empty Costa cock-up

Post  Chris Thu 10 May - 7:22

The Sun begrudgingly informs readers it was a non-story but overlooks to point out their cock-up in bigging it up with the fake number plates bit.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4307563/Maddie-McCann-lookalike-driver-in-cop-quiz.html

A MAN seen driving a Madeleine McCann lookalike days after she vanished will speak to cops.

Swiss Karsten Mayer, 41, says his blonde daughter was wrongly identified by a British tourist.

The dad of three added he was turning himself over to police after being spotted leaving a campsite a few hours’ drive from Praia da Luz, Portugal, where Madeleine, three, vanished in 2007.

Holidaymaker Karen Sisson, 49, claimed the girl in the car looked “groggy” and “alienated”.

Karsten said: “I had a girl around Maddie’s age in the car. She was my daughter. I was at the camping ground with my family. She was tired after a long road trip. It’s unbelievable that I’m some kind of suspect.”

Swiss cops said Mayer was “all but” ruled out of their enquires.

UK cops claim to have 195 leads in their hunt for Madeleine, of Rothley, Leics.

Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
Costa cock-up Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Costa cock-up Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Costa cock-up Empty Re: Costa cock-up

Post  Lillyofthevalley Thu 10 May - 8:05

Costa cock-up 307691 IMO it really doesn't matter if The Scun don't mention the made up car plates, its the fact that yet again another made up sighting has been blown out of the water, and remember at one time of day we wouldn't have had a UK paper following up with this little piece.
Wonder what Deadwood will make of this sarga????
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Thu 10 May - 8:48

"A man seen driving a Madeleine Mccann lookalike"............is Madeleine now a car to be driven?

"dad of three turning himself over to the police"..........so he must be guilty if he's turning himself over to the police?

What an appalling piece of "journalism". I hope Mr Mayer sues the whole damned lot of them and demands a public apology. This is absolutely disgraceful.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 10 May - 8:58

mara thon wrote:"A man seen driving a Madeleine Mccann lookalike"............is Madeleine now a car to be driven?

"dad of three turning himself over to the police"..........so he must be guilty if he's turning himself over to the police?

What an appalling piece of "journalism". I hope Mr Mayer sues the whole damned lot of them and demands a public apology. This is absolutely disgraceful.
i agree mara, but it's only disgraceful when the McCanns are the target.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 10 May - 11:17

Have been trawling around in the expectation of an official apology from the woman who started all this off and the hacks who actively encouraged her come-to-naught fantasies, especially the Olive Press and the Scum.

Silly me - I thought they might just have felt a modicum of guilt.
Maybe they're just hiding away, camouflaging their blushes with blemish concealer ......
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Thu 10 May - 11:37

almostgothic wrote:Have been trawling around in the expectation of an official apology from the woman who started all this off and the hacks who actively encouraged her come-to-naught fantasies, especially the Olive Press and the Scum.

Maybe they're just hiding away, camouflaging their blushes with blemish concealer ......

C'mon AG - we both know better than that! Costa cock-up 294124

They're probably already pulling the next dodgy sighting out of the tombola of tripe (aka the 195 leads) and getting ready to indulge in their next fantasy, sorry, headline, which will involve various reporters playing bull**** bingo and potentially ruining another innocent family's life and standing in their local community.

Still, they have to make money somehow, as we are no longer able to use old newspapers to wrap chips in.

Sheesh Costa cock-up 868596

Last edited by Alfiefinn on Thu 10 May - 11:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed a bit)
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 10 May - 11:43

I can remember the days of fish and chips wrapped in newspaper! However they do still have a few uses today - pets' bedding maybe and disposing of unpleasant items like nappies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Thu 10 May - 11:49

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I can remember the days of fish and chips wrapped in newspaper! However they do still have a few uses today - pets' bedding maybe and disposing of unpleasant items like nappies.

Hi NBY Costa cock-up 306321

I thought the done thing was to dispose of your used nappies by simply chucking 'em in the boot of your holiday hire car Costa cock-up 23324

Newspapers are handy for lining a pet carrier though!
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 10 May - 12:16

And everytime they have a huge 'sighting' and it's blown out of the water within 24 hours more people will start to question this charade.

Whhy hasn't one single sighting so far yielded any results?

The most famous missing girl on the planet and 5 years down the line all these 'sightings' are debunked so quickly it PROVES Maddie's case is well known and thoroughly investigated thus far. After all, ALL these people have been ruled out already!
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 10 May - 12:23

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I can remember the days of fish and chips wrapped in newspaper! However they do still have a few uses today - pets' bedding maybe and disposing of unpleasant items like nappies.

I spread newspapers across the dining table when I go out. Strange you say? My cats know they're not supposed to sit there, but they're smart enough to wait until I go out and scarper when they hear me coming! Muddy paw prints give them away. So, newspaper comes in handy!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 10 May - 12:24

Alfiefinn wrote:
almostgothic wrote:Have been trawling around in the expectation of an official apology from the woman who started all this off and the hacks who actively encouraged her come-to-naught fantasies, especially the Olive Press and the Scum.

They're probably already pulling the next dodgy sighting out of the tombola of tripe (aka the 195 leads) and getting ready to indulge in their next fantasy, sorry, headline, which will involve various reporters playing bull**** bingo and potentially ruining another innocent family's life and standing in their local community.

Still, they have to make money somehow, as we are no longer able to use old newspapers to wrap chips in.

The 'sighting,' by a bank teller in a street in Belgium could be resurrected, I think. That was a good one!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Thu 10 May - 12:36

AnnaEsse wrote:
Alfiefinn wrote:

The 'sighting,' by a bank teller in a street in Belgium could be resurrected, I think. That was a good one!

Not good enough for the McCanns to go hotfoot to Belgium to check it out though
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content