Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  Badboy on Fri 11 May - 23:21

Chris wrote:
Wallflower wrote:
Chris wrote:
almostgothic wrote:I think hers is the original biblical spelling.
But it would be interesting to know if she was baptised with that name or if she changed it from the Anglicised version to 'stand out' from all the other Rebeccas.
As Barbra Streisand did with Barbara.


Her registered birth record uses the "k" spelling.

How d'you know that, Chris?

I hired a private detective and he blagged it for me.

(The alternative explanation is I have an Ancestry subscription)
I WOULD LIKE TO USE THEIR SERVICES(ANCESTRY,THAT IS),I WONDER IN VIEW OF HER WARRINGTON ORIGINS,IF IT IS SIGNIFICANT

Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 7744
Age : 50
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  HiDeHo on Sat 12 May - 0:00


HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  maebee on Sat 12 May - 0:07

kitti wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:what is this true baby P lived in a house with a known rapist?????????


The stepfather raped baby peters sister.....she was two at the time.


I didn't know this kitti and am deeply saddened to hear this. I'm 53 years on this planet and it's only in the last five years, since I started following Madeleine's case, that I have really become aware of child abuse. If someone had told me 10 years ago, that a child of 2 had been raped, I just would not have believed it. Last night, a friend sent me a vid of a horrific child abuse case. I can't copy the link as I'm on my iPad and don't know how to do it but if you go to YouTube and search for "Child of Rage - the Documentary", you will find it. WARNING: Very difficult viewing. What I'm trying to say is that the unthinkable does happen. I hope I'm wrong but I cannot get away from the feeling that the Gaspars' statements is at the root of the case of the disappearance of MBM.


maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  HiDeHo on Sat 12 May - 0:10

maebee wrote:
kitti wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:what is this true baby P lived in a house with a known rapist?????????


The stepfather raped baby peters sister.....she was two at the time.


I didn't know this kitti and am deeply saddened to hear this. I'm 53 years on this planet and it's only in the last five years, since I started following Madeleine's case, that I have really become aware of child abuse. If someone had told me 10 years ago, that a child of 2 had been raped, I just would not have believed it. Last night, a friend sent me a vid of a horrific child abuse case. I can't copy the link as I'm on my iPad and don't know how to do it but if you go to YouTube and search for "Child of Rage - the Documentary", you will find it. WARNING: Very difficult viewing. What I'm trying to say is that the unthinkable does happen. I hope I'm wrong but I cannot get away from the feeling that the Gaspars' statements is at the root of the case of the disappearance of MBM.


I watched and downloaded Child of Rage...and planned on uploading to one video (when I have time) Quite shocking and very sad.

HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  Oldartform on Sat 12 May - 0:21

Badboy wrote:(The alternative explanation is I have an Ancestry subscription)
I WOULD LIKE TO USE THEIR SERVICES(ANCESTRY,THAT IS),I WONDER IN VIEW OF HER WARRINGTON ORIGINS,IF IT IS SIGNIFICANT[/quote]

I wondered about that and mentioned it in a post earlier in this thread. She was brought up only a few miles away from KM (or where KM`s parents live now) and they are both the same age, but as far as I know didn`t attend the same school as KMs was catholic. It`s probably just a co-incidence.


Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  Wallflower on Sat 12 May - 0:24

Chris wrote:
Wallflower wrote:
Chris wrote:
almostgothic wrote:I think hers is the original biblical spelling.
But it would be interesting to know if she was baptised with that name or if she changed it from the Anglicised version to 'stand out' from all the other Rebeccas.
As Barbra Streisand did with Barbara.


Her registered birth record uses the "k" spelling.

How d'you know that, Chris?

I hired a private detective and he blagged it for me.

(The alternative explanation is I have an Ancestry subscription)

Well there is another alternative

Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  maebee on Sat 12 May - 0:41

Hi Hi:)

Thanks again for all your fantastic videos. You have done unbelievable work to get the truth out into the public domain. There will be thousands of people who will watch your videos and their eyes will be opened, as mine were last night watching that video of "Beth" (another name co-incidence).

Maebee

maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Rebekah Brooks accused of bullying Government over McCanns

Post  Annabel on Sat 12 May - 5:24

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/uk/rebekah-brooks-accused-of-bullying-government-over-mccanns-7737611.html

Rebekah Brooks accused of bullying Government over McCanns

Ross Lydall
11 May 2012

Rebekah Brooks was accused of bullying the Government into ordering a British police investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

QC Robert Jay claimed Mrs Brooks threatened to put Home Secretary Theresa May on the front page of The Sun every day until she ordered a new inquiry into the missing child.

But Mrs Brooks denied she had used threats and said her argument — and that of Maddy’s parents Kate and Gerry — had simply “persuaded” the Tory-led government soon after it took power.

She said: “I didn’t speak to No 10 or the Home Office about the McCanns until after the campaign had been won.”

Mrs Brooks, then News International chief executive, had personally negotiated the serialisation of Kate McCann’s book about her missing daughter for around £500,000. Maddy went missing aged three five years ago on a family holiday to Praia de la Luz.

Extracts were published by The Sun and the Sunday Times, with the Sun campaigning for UK police involvement in a case generally perceived to have been botched by the Portuguese police.

Mrs Brooks said that in a meeting with Maddy’s parents, her father Gerry “said he wanted a UK police review of the case”.

She added: “The McCanns were deeply upset that there hadn’t been a review. We said, ‘We will join forces with you’.”

Mrs Brooks said she personally did not speak to Downing Street or the Home Secretary but believed Sun editor Dominic Mohan or political editor Tom Newton Dunn may have.

It was put to Mrs Brooks by Mr Jay that the Met’s investigation had so far cost £2 million of public money. “Some would say maybe that money might have gone somewhere else,” he said.

Asked by Mr Jay whether she was behind an “implied or exaggerated threat”, she said: “I think the word threat is too strong.” She said “persuasion” was more accurate.

Lord Justice Leveson intervened during the questioning. He asked whether Brooks was involved in a strategy to threaten No 10 in order to obtain a review of the Madeleine investigation.

“I was certainly part of a strategy to launch a campaign in order to get a review for the McCanns,” Mrs Brooks said.


Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Location : Europe
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  mumbles on Sat 12 May - 8:04

almostgothic wrote:Note her appearance for the Inquiry - the usual Pre-Raphaelite barnet plus the wittle black dress with the wittle white collar and cuffs. Smiling coyly at Jay and peering myopically at him under her eyebrows.

Contriving a picture of beyond-parody flirtatious innocence - except nobody's fooled by her transparent tricks.

If Sideshow Bob had married Mick Hucknall's granny, she would have been the result ...

Blogger Guido Fawkes has described her outfit as 'a dour, high-necked dress, reminiscent of those worn by the accused at the 17th century Salem witch trials'


mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  kitti on Sat 12 May - 8:23

pic.twitter.com/cLxnGFWB.........if you could see this pic you would be cracking up.....her hair stuck on old murdochs face lol

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  AnnaEsse on Sat 12 May - 8:25

kitti wrote:pic.twitter.com/cLxnGFWB.........if you could see this pic you would be cracking up.....her hair stuck on old murdochs face lol


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18467
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  mumbles on Sat 12 May - 8:46


mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  mossman on Sat 12 May - 8:59

AnnaEsse wrote:
kitti wrote:pic.twitter.com/cLxnGFWB.........if you could see this pic you would be cracking up.....her hair stuck on old murdochs face lol




Is that another SY age progression image ? Their artist is getting better.

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Sat 12 May - 9:16


Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  Alfiefinn on Sat 12 May - 9:39

Actually, something was bothering me as I watched her. I kept hearing music in my head. Then I worked out what it was - the theme from "The Addams family".

That dress is like Wednesday Addam's and well, quite frankly, it likes like Grandma Addams has borrowed it.

Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Sat 12 May - 9:44

This has brightened up my morning nicely. I'm sure Rupert would love a head of hair like that!

Here's the theme to the original Addams Family series of which I was an avid viewer - yes the dress does look similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DLLJ5n60cM

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6697
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  Alfiefinn on Sat 12 May - 9:48

NBY -and thank you!

That music always makes me smile.

Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  almostgothic on Sat 12 May - 10:34

Thank you - just got back from a heavy shopping trip and needed a good laugh!

Rebekah Brooks (89) said:
So now when I tell you I don't remember what I said - you'll believe me.
...... oh gawd where did I put me Werthers ...... I keep thinking it's Tuesday ...... NURSE!

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  Alfiefinn on Sat 12 May - 10:37

almostgothic wrote:Thank you - just got back from a heavy shopping trip and needed a good laugh!

Rebekah Brooks (89) said:
So now when I tell you I don't remember what I said - you'll believe me.
...... oh gawd where did I put me Werthers ...... I keep thinking it's Tuesday ...... NURSE!

Morning AG

Would you be referring to the 'Ernest Saunders Gambit' by any chance?


Last edited by Alfiefinn on Sat 12 May - 10:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  almostgothic on Sat 12 May - 10:49

Hi Alfie!
Well she can't use post-natal depression as an excuse so the diplomatic dementia might be the only option.
Probably booking Harley Street for some facedrop surgery as we speak ...

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  tanszi on Sat 12 May - 11:52

i think some paper should put that pic on the front page of their paper every day until either she or murdoch tells the truth as a form of persuasion of course, nothing else..jimo



Last edited by tanszi on Sun 13 May - 14:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : persuasion)

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3099
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  wjk on Sat 12 May - 11:52

mossman wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
kitti wrote:pic.twitter.com/cLxnGFWB.........if you could see this pic you would be cracking up.....her hair stuck on old murdochs face lol




Is that another SY age progression image ? Their artist is getting better.

OMG!

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  wjk on Sat 12 May - 11:53

tanszi wrote:i think some paper should put that pic on the front page of their paper every day until either she or murdoch tells the truth.jimo

Yep, as a kind of 'persuasion'

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  AnnaEsse on Sat 12 May - 11:54

Not Born Yesterday wrote:This has brightened up my morning nicely. I'm sure Rupert would love a head of hair like that!

Here's the theme to the original Addams Family series of which I was an avid viewer - yes the dress does look similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DLLJ5n60cM



And the originals!


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18467
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Sat 12 May - 16:01

mossman wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
kitti wrote:pic.twitter.com/cLxnGFWB.........if you could see this pic you would be cracking up.....her hair stuck on old murdochs face lol




Is that another SY age progression image ? Their artist is getting better.

Well tbh its a vast improvement on Brooks wonder what Mr LOL thinks of Rupert now

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  Sponsored content Today at 0:11


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum