Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Surgeon to show McCanns his lost child app

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Surgeon to show McCanns his lost child app

Post  interested on Fri 11 May - 18:15

"This is Cornwall" website has an article which includes, "A Truro hospital consultant who is meeting the parents of missing girl Madeleine McCann designed a mobile phone alert system to help locate lost children."

I expect we will be hearing more from the McCanns how this device could have helped locate Madeleine five years ago. Can you just imagine the damage that will be done if nine year old girls are targeted when this device becomes readily available.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2426
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Surgeon to show McCanns his lost child app

Post  tanszi on Fri 11 May - 18:18

i think its already in existence its called a phone tracker. you have to have a phone, and something on it, an app, that can trace the movement. you can do it yourself. you go to the website, put in the details of your phone, you can even see where the person is walking, what bus, train or car they get in and the address where they end up. Already been done. now move along there please........



tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3098
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Surgeon to show McCanns his lost child app

Post  Chris on Fri 11 May - 18:39

tanszi wrote:i think its already in existence its called a phone tracker. you have to have a phone, and something on it, an app, that can trace the movement. you can do it yourself. you go to the website, put in the details of your phone, you can even see where the person is walking, what bus, train or car they get in and the address where they end up. Already been done. now move along there please........



I think this one is different. If you lose your child (for example if they are misplaced while you enjoy a vino or two) it distributes a picture to any phones nearby. While the intention might be seen as good it does seem to carry some risks.

Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1607
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Surgeon to show McCanns his lost child app

Post  quickfingers on Fri 11 May - 22:06

The Sun have it too http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4311143/Dad-launches-app-to-help-locate-missing-children.html

quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 659
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Surgeon to show McCanns his lost child app

Post  mara thon on Fri 11 May - 23:10

Chris wrote:
tanszi wrote:i think its already in existence its called a phone tracker. you have to have a phone, and something on it, an app, that can trace the movement. you can do it yourself. you go to the website, put in the details of your phone, you can even see where the person is walking, what bus, train or car they get in and the address where they end up. Already been done. now move along there please........



I think this one is different. If you lose your child (for example if they are misplaced while you enjoy a vino or two) it distributes a picture to any phones nearby. While the intention might be seen as good it does seem to carry some risks.

Very dodgy if there happen to be a few "unpleasant" people in the vicinity.

mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7063
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Surgeon to show McCanns his lost child app

Post  jeanmonroe on Fri 11 May - 23:34

Darren said he had already spoken with Kate and Gerry McCann about the app, which was developed with the help of his brothers and computer software designers.

He said: “They (McCanns) told me how getting information out quickly, especially images of Maddie, may have helped people find her when she first went missing.”

So that would be why the LAST PHOTO image of Maddie took 21 DAYS to appear in the press when it was in KM camera all the time!
How QUICK was THAT?

jeanmonroe
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 996
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Surgeon to show McCanns his lost child app

Post  interested on Sat 12 May - 0:00

One of the comments in the Sun has a good suggestion - give the kids the app so they can find their parents. I'd like to hear someone suggest to the McCanns that might have been helpful for their children.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2426
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Surgeon to show McCanns his lost child app

Post  Alfiefinn on Sat 12 May - 9:34

Someone should invent the 'responsibility meter' app.

This would show red and bleep madly whenever you were doing something naive, dangerous and irresponsible. Could save a lot of people from themselves.

Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Surgeon to show McCanns his lost child app

Post  AnnaEsse on Sat 12 May - 11:52

What a wonderful app for the wandering paedo! Child wandering alone with no adult in attendance. Looks like this and answers to the name...!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Surgeon to show McCanns his lost child app

Post  tanszi on Sat 12 May - 11:56

why is he showing it to the McCanns instead of the missing persons agency. He said G had told him time was of the essence or something like that, it needs to be a current pic not one of them as a toddler, and it needs to be there then, not 3 weeks later, oh yes and posted out for all to see, even if not really missing just wandered. oh come on why dont we just put a chip in every child and get it done with, just follow the bleep from the chip in the child. Where have i heard thast before? jimo

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3098
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Surgeon to show McCanns his lost child app

Post  AnnaEsse on Sat 12 May - 11:59

tanszi wrote:why is he showing it to the McCanns instead of the missing persons agency. He said G had told him time was of the essence or something like that, it needs to be a current pic not one of them as a toddler, and it needs to be there then, not 3 weeks later, oh yes and posted out for all to see, even if not really missing just wandered. oh come on why dont we just put a chip in every child and get it done with, just follow the bleep from the chip in the child. Where have i heard thast before? jimo

Yes, using that app three weeks later wouldn't be very helpful! Child last seen in this vicinity three weeks ago! Keep a lookout!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Surgeon to show McCanns his lost child app

Post  Chris on Sat 12 May - 12:35

AnnaEsse wrote:
tanszi wrote:why is he showing it to the McCanns instead of the missing persons agency. He said G had told him time was of the essence or something like that, it needs to be a current pic not one of them as a toddler, and it needs to be there then, not 3 weeks later, oh yes and posted out for all to see, even if not really missing just wandered. oh come on why dont we just put a chip in every child and get it done with, just follow the bleep from the chip in the child. Where have i heard thast before? jimo

Yes, using that app three weeks later wouldn't be very helpful! Child last seen in this vicinity three weeks ago! Keep a lookout!

But marginally better than posters with a 5 year old photograph on it.

Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1607
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Surgeon to show McCanns his lost child app

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:12


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum