Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale

Post  Karen on Tue 15 May - 8:34

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2012/05/mccann-couple-banned-book-returns-to.html

I have spoken to a lady here in Holland, she has informed me that she still has a few copies in Dutch in her shop - she also states that she has been asked for an English version by a few people. so here's hoping a publisher can grow a pair and publish the book in English!

Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Location : The Netherlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale

Post  Panda on Tue 15 May - 9:08

Karen wrote:http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2012/05/mccann-couple-banned-book-returns-to.html

I have spoken to a lady here in Holland, she has informed me that she still has a few copies in Dutch in her shop - she also states that she has been asked for an English version by a few people. so here's hoping a publisher can grow a pair and publish the book in English!

Morning Karen ,

I would imagine the McCanns would take out an injunction on it being sold in Britain because of the upcoming Trial. I,m sure there is a translation of the
Book on MM somewhere.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale

Post  margaret on Tue 15 May - 10:52

Doesn't stop it being bought from abroad and shipped in, like Spycatcher in the 80's.

I believe a translation into English will happen if Mr..Amaral wins his case, but maybe not before.

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale

Post  Guest on Tue 15 May - 10:55

It wouldn't surprise me if one is already typeset, ready to roll at an appropriate moment: That moment is probably not best timed to occur straight after his forthcoming Court victory as it would be harmed by claims of triumphalism.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale

Post  Panda on Tue 15 May - 10:59

margaret wrote:Doesn't stop it being bought from abroad and shipped in, like Spycatcher in the 80's.

I believe a translation into English will happen if Mr..Amaral wins his case, but maybe not before.

Morning margaret, Yes, if Amaral wins the Mccanns will have to slink away. This result would also interest people enough to buy the Book when it is translated into English who might not have done so before so the Mccanns would have shot thrmselves in the foot. No sign of a Trial Date though, it's
certainly taking a long time.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale

Post  almostgothic on Tue 15 May - 11:05

The provisional trial date is September 13th 2012.

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale

Post  Panda on Tue 15 May - 11:23

almostgothic wrote:The provisional trial date is September 13th 2012.

Thanks almostgothic, Amaral has of course to go to Court over the Correia charge, that Trial has been postponed twice , the result of this could
obviously affect opinion . BTW If you are paid £1 million for serialisation of your book, I presume the deal was done weeks before publication . The
book was published 10th May, would that sum be included in your accounts to 31st March.?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale

Post  Panda on Tue 15 May - 11:26

margaret wrote:Doesn't stop it being bought from abroad and shipped in, like Spycatcher in the 80's.

I believe a translation into English will happen if Mr..Amaral wins his case, but maybe not before.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale

Post  kitti on Tue 15 May - 12:11

Didnt mr amaral say he has an UPDATED version off the truth off the lie?



It's gone back on the shelves in Portugal.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale

Post  James on Tue 15 May - 13:29

Panda wrote:
almostgothic wrote:The provisional trial date is September 13th 2012.

Thanks almostgothic, Amaral has of course to go to Court over the Correia charge, that Trial has been postponed twice , the result of this could
obviously affect opinion . BTW If you are paid £1 million for serialisation of your book, I presume the deal was done weeks before publication . The
book was published 10th May, would that sum be included in your accounts to 31st March.?

The serialisation fee would be in the current accounting year (to March 2012) I would imagine (unless it was agreed well before publication date) and these accounts have not yet been made available in company House. Even if serialisation was agreed before March 31 2011 the money wouldn't have been paid out until it appeared which was in the current accounting year.
But the (allegedly) very big advance for the book should be in the accounts to March 2011 which are available. The advance would have been paid when the contract was signed which was approx Oct 2010 when the media reported it.

James
Reg Member
Reg Member

Male
Number of posts : 155
Location : UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale

Post  Panda on Tue 15 May - 16:46

James wrote:
Panda wrote:
almostgothic wrote:The provisional trial date is September 13th 2012.

Thanks almostgothic, Amaral has of course to go to Court over the Correia charge, that Trial has been postponed twice , the result of this could
obviously affect opinion . BTW If you are paid £1 million for serialisation of your book, I presume the deal was done weeks before publication . The
book was published 10th May, would that sum be included in your accounts to 31st March.?

The serialisation fee would be in the current accounting year (to March 2012) I would imagine (unless it was agreed well before publication date) and these accounts have not yet been made available in company House. Even if serialisation was agreed before March 31 2011 the money wouldn't have been paid out until it appeared which was in the current accounting year.
But the (allegedly) very big advance for the book should be in the accounts to March 2011 which are available. The advance would have been paid when the contract was signed which was approx Oct 2010 when the media reported it.

Thanks James, I'll post a comment on the Accounts thread , not to disrupt this one.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:51


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum