Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale

+2
margaret
Karen
6 posters

Go down

UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale Empty UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale

Post  Karen Tue 15 May - 8:34

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2012/05/mccann-couple-banned-book-returns-to.html

I have spoken to a lady here in Holland, she has informed me that she still has a few copies in Dutch in her shop - she also states that she has been asked for an English version by a few people. so here's hoping a publisher can grow a pair and publish the book in English! UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale 25346
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :
UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale Empty Re: UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale

Post  Panda Tue 15 May - 9:08

Karen wrote:http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2012/05/mccann-couple-banned-book-returns-to.html

I have spoken to a lady here in Holland, she has informed me that she still has a few copies in Dutch in her shop - she also states that she has been asked for an English version by a few people. so here's hoping a publisher can grow a pair and publish the book in English! UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale 25346

Morning Karen ,

I would imagine the McCanns would take out an injunction on it being sold in Britain because of the upcoming Trial. I,m sure there is a translation of the
Book on MM somewhere.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100UPDATE : Truth of the Lie on sale Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 15 May - 10:52

Doesn't stop it being bought from abroad and shipped in, like Spycatcher in the 80's.

I believe a translation into English will happen if Mr..Amaral wins his case, but maybe not before.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 15 May - 10:55

It wouldn't surprise me if one is already typeset, ready to roll at an appropriate moment: That moment is probably not best timed to occur straight after his forthcoming Court victory as it would be harmed by claims of triumphalism.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 15 May - 10:59

margaret wrote:Doesn't stop it being bought from abroad and shipped in, like Spycatcher in the 80's.

I believe a translation into English will happen if Mr..Amaral wins his case, but maybe not before.

Morning margaret, Yes, if Amaral wins the Mccanns will have to slink away. This result would also interest people enough to buy the Book when it is translated into English who might not have done so before so the Mccanns would have shot thrmselves in the foot. No sign of a Trial Date though, it's
certainly taking a long time.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 15 May - 11:05

The provisional trial date is September 13th 2012.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 15 May - 11:23

almostgothic wrote:The provisional trial date is September 13th 2012.

Thanks almostgothic, Amaral has of course to go to Court over the Correia charge, that Trial has been postponed twice , the result of this could
obviously affect opinion . BTW If you are paid £1 million for serialisation of your book, I presume the deal was done weeks before publication . The
book was published 10th May, would that sum be included in your accounts to 31st March.?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 15 May - 11:26

margaret wrote:Doesn't stop it being bought from abroad and shipped in, like Spycatcher in the 80's.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 15 May - 12:11

Didnt mr amaral say he has an UPDATED version off the truth off the lie?

It's gone back on the shelves in Portugal.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue 15 May - 13:29

Panda wrote:

Thanks almostgothic, Amaral has of course to go to Court over the Correia charge, that Trial has been postponed twice , the result of this could
obviously affect opinion . BTW If you are paid £1 million for serialisation of your book, I presume the deal was done weeks before publication . The
book was published 10th May, would that sum be included in your accounts to 31st March.?

The serialisation fee would be in the current accounting year (to March 2012) I would imagine (unless it was agreed well before publication date) and these accounts have not yet been made available in company House. Even if serialisation was agreed before March 31 2011 the money wouldn't have been paid out until it appeared which was in the current accounting year.
But the (allegedly) very big advance for the book should be in the accounts to March 2011 which are available. The advance would have been paid when the contract was signed which was approx Oct 2010 when the media reported it.
James
James
Reg Member
Reg Member

Male
Number of posts : 155
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 15 May - 16:46

James wrote:
Panda wrote:

The serialisation fee would be in the current accounting year (to March 2012) I would imagine (unless it was agreed well before publication date) and these accounts have not yet been made available in company House. Even if serialisation was agreed before March 31 2011 the money wouldn't have been paid out until it appeared which was in the current accounting year.
But the (allegedly) very big advance for the book should be in the accounts to March 2011 which are available. The advance would have been paid when the contract was signed which was approx Oct 2010 when the media reported it.

Thanks James, I'll post a comment on the Accounts thread , not to disrupt this one.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down