Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rebekah Brooks, her puppets and hubby Charlie CHARGED

+27
margaret
wjk
AnnaEsse
marxman
almostgothic
mossman
Alfiefinn
Angelique
Loopdaloop
Lioned
Lillyofthevalley
malena stool
devonmum
curious george
pennylane
Angelina
Justiceforallkids
Keela
the slave
mara thon
matthew
Oldartform
cass
princess_leia
MaryB
Wallflower
Karen
31 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Rebekah Brooks, her puppets and hubby Charlie CHARGED - Page 5 Empty Re: Rebekah Brooks, her puppets and hubby Charlie CHARGED

Post  mossman Wed 16 May - 9:02

kitti wrote:She's deluded....does she think what she did was 'just one off those things'...the norm....

I don't really care that much that she hacked the likes off Hugh grant etc but to do what she did to Sara Payne....all whilst she was supposedly her friend, to hack the soham parents , that I dont understand why she allowed that to happen and to cap it all.....Madeleine McCann, a child that didn't deserve what she is getting now, splashed and still being splashed all over the papers with ridiculous headlines thus making HER look ridiculous.....brookes deserves everything She gets ,she can Afford to spend all her 1m on a good lawyer, let her, she was paid a vast amount off money in her job, why she grizzling now , I don't feel one bit off empathy for her at All.

Indeed, and I think that is exactly why there is little sympathy for her at this point in time. We are probably all guilty of wanting to read some sensational "news" stories about celebrity lives, at some level. However, there is a line that should not be crossed and most human beings find it hard to think it acceptable for this line to be crossed in the case of Sara Payne, the Soham parents, Millie Dowler etc.

Ms Brooks seems to like playing the female card and uses it to her advantage. This will be her downfall imo. That a woman and mother would endorse in any way the treatment of the families already mentioned is a step too far for most people to stomach.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
Rebekah Brooks, her puppets and hubby Charlie CHARGED - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Rebekah Brooks, her puppets and hubby Charlie CHARGED - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Rebekah Brooks, her puppets and hubby Charlie CHARGED - Page 5 Empty Re: Rebekah Brooks, her puppets and hubby Charlie CHARGED

Post  Guest Wed 16 May - 9:05

Didn't one of her rags describe Holloway as a "hotel"? She shouldn't be too miserable there, then.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 16 May - 9:07

mossman wrote:
We are probably all guilty of wanting to read some sensational "news" stories about celebrity lives, at some level.

Nope. Not interested in Celebrities - never have been.

Celebrity is like "Class" - it only exists if you want it to Rebekah Brooks, her puppets and hubby Charlie CHARGED - Page 5 857143
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 16 May - 10:01

Talent is what a person is born with and has subsequently worked hard to refine.
Celebrity is invariably artificially manufactured.
I don't even recognise the names of most of the celebs draped over the front pages of the rags.
From what I can see there's no discernible talent there whatsoever - just PR and hype.
It makes me yawn.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
Rebekah Brooks, her puppets and hubby Charlie CHARGED - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Rebekah Brooks, her puppets and hubby Charlie CHARGED - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 16 May - 10:13

almostgothic wrote:Talent is what a person is born with and has subsequently worked hard to refine.
I don't even recognise the names of most of the celebs draped over the front pages of the rags.
From what I can see there's no discernible talent there whatsoever - just PR and hype.
It makes me yawn.

But it is what sells the newspapers for these people. If nobody were interested in the "kiss and tell" type rubbish they print, well they would not sell any, for there is no actual "news" printed in most of them. The point I was making is that even those who buy to read those type of stories would find what happened to Sara Payne and others dispicible.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 16 May - 10:25

You're right, mossman - there is a market for all this stuff and nonsense.
I wonder, given the outrageous and illegal behaviour that we've heard about in recent years, how many readers have stopped buying their daily fix of celeb sleaze in protest.
Or do they just shrug their shoulders and head for the newsagents as per usual?
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Wed 16 May - 10:39

almostgothic wrote:Talent is what a person is born with and has subsequently worked hard to refine.
It makes me yawn.

I agree with you totally. However, Pudsey the wee
dog that won Britain's Got Talent must rate as an
exception were it comes to discernable talent. Rebekah Brooks, her puppets and hubby Charlie CHARGED - Page 5 25346
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 16 May - 10:54

Alfiefinn wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:Ms Brooks has said that she is 'baffled,' at being charged with perverting the course of justice. I guess it must be quite baffling for someone who has achieved the giddy heights of success and celebrity which she has, who has hobnobbed with Prime Ministers and probably senior police officers, who has seemingly got away with all sorts of things that Joe Public would be jailed for. She had possibly reached the point where she thought she had such a nice little circle of protection around herself that she saw the law as referring to others and not her. Well, the police (they've got some cheek!) think they have enough evidence to convict and I can imagine Rebekah remaining in a state of bafflement even when it is presented, even if it turns out to be a clear slam dunk.

I know what you mean Anna.

It must be baffling when your 'firewalls' get burnt to a crisp, and you find yourself having to answer for the stuff you thought you'd get away with. A bit worrying for others who also thought their connections were a passport to freedom for crimes committed. Rebekah Brooks, her puppets and hubby Charlie CHARGED - Page 5 25346

Next she'll be claiming the police are trying to fit her up. Rebekah Brooks, her puppets and hubby Charlie CHARGED - Page 5 294124

People like Rebekah Brooks probably don't even see what they do as crime because so many people in power know what they're up to and do nothing. It's only crime when lower classes do it!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 16 May - 10:59

kitti wrote:On sky news now.....the man previewing the papers says if rebekah brookes were a man it would be all different...and don't news paper people stick together slagging off the CPS.

He's dropped brookes in it.....he says brookes saw Cameron 40-60 times....and she could off dropped cameron in it at the enquiry.....
That was Kelvin McKenzie, I think. Ex Sun editor. The guy on the 9.30 review was a current worker for the Sun. He said the public were fed up with it and it was a waste of money etc etc. Anna Botting was nodding away in agreement. After all, they're all under the Murdoch umbrella. Whats the betting her and Kay Burley are friends of RB?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed 16 May - 11:16

I wonder if any Murdoch paper covered Lord Carlille's affair with another barrister now a QC working for the CPS resulting in him splitting with his wife.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 16 May - 11:23

wjk wrote:Whats the betting her and Kay Burley are friends of RB?

Or even just that he's their boss and they have to tow the company line. Rebekah Brooks, her puppets and hubby Charlie CHARGED - Page 5 294124
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 16 May - 12:03

I have yet to see one newspaper editor come out and NOT defend this women and what she has done..

It's all..... 'if she was a man it wouldn't be in the news or....I've known rebekah for 10 years and she's a really blah blah'...

Why does it have to be THEM and US....them the newspapers and us the readers etc....why do they always stick together, it makes it sound like it is the norm to do this, to ruin OUR lives by falsely accusing US off being perverts or oddballs (landlord/Murat).... That's ok, when it dies down THEM editors can move on, they made their money....next.....the likes off Murat can't ....

Don't buy newspapers ....I didn't even know about spin till the Madeleine McCann case And I'm sure a lot off people don't know aBout it till this day...newspapers can make or break people, they have no conscience...look at the dad with 17 kids...the sun vilified him so much he was hated and what responsibility will they take for what has happened lately.....none....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 16 May - 12:42

Aaah but kitti, remember she knows where all the bodies lie so to speak. IMO most of the papers were hacking so they may be worried she'll spill the beans.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  HiDeHo Thu 17 May - 4:00

Rebekah Brooks: Charges are an "expensive sideshow" May 16th 2012

HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 17 May - 7:09

And SHE is going to be the sideshow instead off some poor innocent victim...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 17 May - 7:58

kitti wrote:And SHE is going to be the sideshow instead off some poor innocent victim...

Yes, not nice, is it Bex? It's called Karma. Rebekah Brooks, her puppets and hubby Charlie CHARGED - Page 5 Thumbnail.aspx?q=4734252839209553&id=ce165fe1e2f194cc5389bc768ae67c76&url=http%3a%2f%2fdisney-clipart.com%2fMonstersInc%2fcharacters%2fCelia1

Meanwhile on This Morning, we have the odious Carole "Plastic Face" Malone, proving that her soul is just as ugly as her face. Six kids dead after somebody firebombed the house, and she's sat on Philip Schofield's sofa pontificating about how they asked for it, they made themselves a target and they had enemies!

I just hope she's taped up her own letterbox because she's likely made a few enemies of her own after that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Thu 17 May - 8:07

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 17 May - 8:21

I am sure RB would wish matters to be likened to the Salem witch trials being generally regarded as typifying mass hysteria and false accusation. One hopes SY have a little more in the way of substantial evidence in bringing charges.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum