Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCann Accounts 31/3/11

+8
almostgothic
kathybelle
tabs
Keela
gillyspot
jay2001
quickfingers
Justiceforallkids
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

McCann Accounts 31/3/11 Empty McCann Accounts 31/3/11

Post  Panda Tue 15 May - 14:42

Someone I know who has donated to the Fund and appalled at the waste of money phoned to tell me she has a copy of the Accounts to 31/3/11
and Turnover was :

£177.534
(£487.193) Merchandise and Campaign costs.
-----------
(£309.659)
-----------

This really is unbeleivable , she said the loss for 2010 was (£421.236) again for M & C Costs, almost £! MILLION in 2 years , !!!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
McCann Accounts 31/3/11 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCann Accounts 31/3/11 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

McCann Accounts 31/3/11 Empty Re: McCann Accounts 31/3/11

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 15 May - 14:50

Panda wrote:
Someone I know who has donated to the Fund and appalled at the waste of money phoned to tell me she has a copy of the Accounts to 31/3/11
and Turnover was :

£177.534
-----------
(£309.659)
-----------

This really is unbeleivable , she said the loss for 2010 was (£421.236) again for M & C Costs, almost £! MILLION in 2 years , !!!!!

woah panda 2 millon dollars /pounds could go a long way towards curing type one diabetes
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
McCann Accounts 31/3/11 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCann Accounts 31/3/11 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 15 May - 15:05

Justiceforallkids wrote:
Panda wrote:
and Turnover was :

£177.534
-----------
(£309.659)
-----------

woah panda 2 millon dollars /pounds could go a long way towards curing type one diabetes

Hi JFAK. it's actually less than £1 million, there are many uses this money could have been used for.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 15 May - 16:55

The total Revenue to 31th March 2011 id £177, 534.

We know the Charity do at Richard Branson's Restaurant raised £45,000. There was a charity run, an auction of Celebrity Donations, (2012?) and I
presume the Merchandise was still being sold, hard to know what the Advance would be.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Tue 15 May - 19:46

Panda wrote:

We know the Charity do at Richard Branson's Restaurant raised £45,000. There was a charity run, an auction of Celebrity Donations, (2012?) and I
presume the Merchandise was still being sold, hard to know what the Advance would be.

This is a brilliant piece on the Fund by a chartered accountant. She also covers the period up to march 2011. http://www.mccannfiles.com/id405.html

The book advance does not seem to have been paid into the Fund.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Tue 15 May - 20:10

Perhaps the advance was paid direct to Kate? I remember them saying any royalties would be paid into the fund but no mention of the advance.
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Tue 15 May - 20:16

One of the articles I've read today quoted Kate saying that approximately 18 months ago Sean said that he'd work for her/with her to find his sister. So that's another wage imo going to be paid out of the fund.

Off topic but today I was in Tesco and had a look at p129 in the new novel. No genitals mentioned - have they been abducted or is the rewrite excluding this detail. So many people were horrified by this entry perhaps it's been removed. Don't know if anyone can confirm or not.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue 15 May - 20:19

jay2001 wrote:One of the articles I've read today quoted Kate saying that approximately 18 months ago Sean said that he'd work for her/with her to find his sister. So that's another wage imo going to be paid out of the fund.

Off topic but today I was in Tesco and had a look at p129 in the new novel. No genitals mentioned - have they been abducted or is the rewrite excluding this detail. So many people were horrified by this entry perhaps it's been removed. Don't know if anyone can confirm or not.

Maybe just on another page - it is unlikely the page wordcount will be identical.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 16 May - 6:19

tigger wrote:
Panda wrote:

This is a brilliant piece on the Fund by a chartered accountant. She also covers the period up to march 2011. http://www.mccannfiles.com/id405.html

The book advance does not seem to have been paid into the Fund.

Morning tigger, I had read Ms O'Dowds Review a few weeks ago , TEIN aslo recommended it......an excellent Review, actually Ms. O'Dowd is a FAC
a lot more experienced than a Chartered Accountant.

How can the McCanns claim to have spent almost £ half a million for two years on cost of Merchandise and Expenses?

So much for John McCanns claim when the Fund was formed "It will be managed on the guidelines of Good Governance guidelines for Charities and be transparent."
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 16 May - 6:25

I think the Epilogue runs to 496 pages 112 more than the original , just a ploy to sell all the Paperbacks not sold, what is in those 112pages which could possibly interest the public or Madeleine and the twins ????
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Wed 16 May - 6:57

In the Directors Report in the accounts accounts (signed off on 31.12.11) states no police force ANYWHERE is "proactively searching for Madeleine or the person who took her" - So totally ignoring the £millions spent on this Scotland Yard "review" started on 13.5.11 then!

Despite promising "transparency" & "accountability" thanks to the "experienced fund administrator"I fail to see the following:

a) "Transparency" or "Accountability" - save to UK tax office. The Ltd "fund" shares no more accounting information than the legal minimum for any SME. Indeed at the bottom of Directors Reports page 4 it actually states "In preparing this report the directors have taken advantage of the small companies EXEMPTIONS provided by Section 415a of the Companies Act 2006."

Limited "Fund" accounts for Y/E 31.3.11 are here http://www.mccannfiles.com/id394.html

Also the "experienced fund administrator" is Karen McCalman (netmums friend of Kate McCann) who according to her linkedin page isn't "experienced" in administrating a "fund" unless all bank workers are.

As regards the epilogue I am sure Tony won't mind me sharing his findings on it here

"
These short extracts from Dr Kate McCann's book 'madeleine', a paperback version of the hardback book published a year ago, are published here under the 'Fair Use' provisions of the Copyright Act:

p. 453

Editions of the book were released in Portugal, the Netherlands, Brazil, Germany, Spain, Hungary, Sweden and Finland.

Sales have been ‘phenomenal’.

A ‘considerable amount of money’ has been raised to ‘help fund the search for Madleeine’.

Publishing the book ‘exposed us to a fresh wave of press attention’.

Dr Kate McCann was adamant that she didn’t want the book serialised on any newspaper, ‘especially not a tabloid’. There is about a page of how much and why she really didn’t want the book serialised.

p. 454

Then: “It wasn’t until Gerry suggested that perhaps we could seek ‘a different, broader kind of arrangement, in which the serialisation of the book was combined with some specific backing for our campaign, that I opened my mind a little further to the idea”.

“In the spring of 2011, we met a tam form News International…”

They only agreed to a serialisation once News International said they were prepared to spearhead a drive to re-energise the search for Madeleine”.

They agreed to a serialisation in The Sun and the Sunday Times.

The week the book was published was ‘nerve-racking’ but ‘the daily coverage was helping to re-engage hearts and minds in the U.K.

p.455

The Sun then printed their ‘open letter to the Prime Minister’, although “We hadn’t wanted to challenge him so publicly…”

Susan Hubbard came over to look after the twins whilst we were dealing with the publicity, she “took charge of Madeleine’s birthday party in Rothley…”

“Our gift to our daughter was a marathon day of intensive interviews and press conferences in London...”

The Prime Minister ’phone back the same day, although “We hadn’t expected a response to the open letter for several days at least, if we got one at all…”

“Oh my God! Finally help was coming. Happy birthday, Madeleine. Other than hearing that she had been found, there could have been no news sweeter to my ears…”

p. 456

“…we were swamped by calls, text messages and emails from delighted family and friends…”

But the following morning “critics had clouded the furst ray of hope we’d had in ages…”

She then lists complaints about the cost of the Scotland Yard review and why they were getting such preferential treatment.

Then they were “preoccupied by the many questions swimming around our heads”. For example, “Did the Portuguese authorities know about this decision?”

The Scotland Yard Review team “were in touch with us within a few days…”

“The following week we met several of them at Scotland Yard. Almost immediately, Gerry and I felt confident, reassured and hopeful”.

p. 457

“..we are sure that this process, whether it takes months or years, will bring us closer to obtaining our goal. And possibly even all the way there”.

Scotland Yard have met Leicestershire Police, the Portuguese Police, the Spanish Police, and ‘other U.K. law enforcement agencies.

“Perhaps the most encouraging aspect for Gerrv and me so far is how good the communication has been. We are regularly updated…it’s a marked and welcome change from what went before”.

“In the meantime, our search continues, as does our work to raise awareness for various charities and organisations concerned with missing people…”

p. 458

In October 2011, the McCanns talked to counsellors and other professionals at the annual conference of the Child Bereavement, Trauma and Emotional Wellbeing Service, and spoke to the ‘child psychologist who advised us after Madeleine’s abduction’, David Trickey.

In June 2011, the McCanns attended the ‘first-ever’ Parliamentary inquiry into the rights of the families of missing people. Dr Kate McCann complains of how little support there is for the victims of child abduction.

p. 459

She then summarises the issues raised at the inquiry.

There is then a reference to their travelling to the Netherlands to publicise their book. A taxi-driver said: “Oh yes, I remember, you wee the parents accused of killing your daughter!”

p. 460

They had an unhappy experience publicising the book in Spain, where the TV company showed a film ‘that could only be described as propaganda’.

“…we were in a difficult position. We were tempted to abandon the interview, but we knew what kind of message that would send out…So we sat in stunned silence, our hearts pounding fiercely, as selectively edited and apparently damning images gathered form media and Portuguese police footage were displayed on a big screen…barking cadaver dogs, book, documents and medicines taken from the villa we’d rented…the commentary presented these ‘exhibits’ as fact - as evidence of guilt”.

“Our treatment at the hands of the media is a central strand of our story and yet here we were, once again, forced to explain the facts and defend ourselves…by now I’ve run out of superlatives to adequately express my shock and disgust at this abhorrent behaviour”.

p. 461

Most of this page deals with the hacking of Milly Dowler’s ’phone and the conduct of News International and the police. She refers to the News of the World’s ‘skulduggery’.

p. 462

Dr Kate McCann explains how “Gerry and I were invited to apply to assist the Leveson enquiry as ‘core participants’. Knowing how useful our testimony would be, we decided we had a moral obligation to do so…we have certainly suffered greatly from the invasion of our privacy and defamation at the hands of the press. We had a lot to share and hoped that by contributing we might help to prevent others from being subjected to similar treatment”.

Then there is a description of the day they gave evidence to the inquiry: “At first we were both nervous and shaky (yes, even Gerry!), but the questioning was sensitive and sympathetic…going through all the libellous headlines and reports that had appeared on a daily basis filled me with renewed disbelief…I was no nearer to understanding how these journalists and editors could be allowed to print such dreadful, untrue stories, or how they could sleep at night”.

p. 463

Dr Kate McCann deals with how ‘shocking’ it was to have excerpts from her diary splashed all over the News of the World.

The McCanns hope that ‘lessons will be learned’ from the Leveson enquiry.

There is then a long paragraph about how she thinks about Madeleine: “It is scary how time marches on. Madeleine has been in my head and my heart for every minute of every day of the past five years. As the weeks roll by, as the months roll by, as I’m swept along by life, I start to think about little Madeleine, as she was, and about what’s happened, and then BOOM!, it hits me - that uncomfortable, restless sensation, that heavy ache in my chest, the constriction my throat”.

p. 464

“I hold on to the fact that we, and the search, are in a better position than we have been in for a long time”.

Then a reference to the McCann Team:

“A police review of Madeleine’s case is under way…Our own capable and experienced team remains on standby, ready to respond if and when it is needed…”

“In December Amelia asked me: ‘Are we going to have a good Christmas, Mummy?’

‘Yes, we are’. ‘Even without Madeleine?’ ‘Yes, Amelie, we’re still going to have a really good Christmas’.

They had a ‘Christmas full of fun and love’.

“My New Year’s resolution for 2012 was not only to remain positive, but to try to be more positive. It is a tremendous help to know that at last those stones are being turned”.

“If you have any information which may be related to Madeleine’s disappearance, please share it with us. We need you. Please contact: Metropolitan Police Service, Homicide and Serious Crime Command - Operation Grange and/or the Find Madeleine Team via www.findmadeleine.com, or call 0044 (0)845 838 4699. Alternatively, speak to a religious leader in your community”.

p. 465

“If you know what has happened to Madeleine or where she is now, for her sake and ours, please open your heart and let us know. It is never to late to do the right thing”."

"Collections Advisor at Blackhorse Personal Finance
Customer Account Manager at Black Horse Personal Finance
Finance Centre Manager at Black Horse Personal Finance"

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/karen-mccalman/15/3a9/801

50% of the directors for the "fund" are family who are able receive "support, including financial assistance" (this does not mean expenses" any one would be entitled to those) & even the "experienced fund administrator" is a long time friend as well.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/about_us/madeleines-fund.html

Kate & Gerry McCann I call on you to change your website to show that your Limited "fund" is no more transparent in accounts than the local supermarket.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 16 May - 7:21

Thanks gillyspot.....Iv'e just been sick all over my Computer reading this rubbish......and the people of these Countries they visited to promote the book
are supposed to pay for this.!!!!! I'm really annoyed now that they can get away with this , wonder if we will see glowing revues this time around.?

That bit about Amelie asking if they were going to have a nice Christmas is really OTT. McCann Accounts 31/3/11 371436 McCann Accounts 31/3/11 371436

As far as I remember, Eddie hasn't come up with any new sightings since the notion that Madeleine was in a house in an area surrounding PDL, something like that, so he and "the Team". should have been sacked two years ago.

One day, justice will be done and this greedy couple who have conned the Public for so long will pay the price.

Rant over. McCann Accounts 31/3/11 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 16 May - 7:48

Iv'e just had a look at amazon to see if there was a review of the new Book, couldn't see any , but this review of the original book is worth reading.

39 of 54 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars a poor testament to a vanished child, 31 Dec 2011
By zhivago - See all my reviewsThis review is from: Madeleine (Hardcover)
Firstly let me suggest that for a balanced view of this case and to form an opinion about what happened to this little girl who was taken abroad and did not return home as was her right, read this book in conjunction with the police files, read witness statements and look at evidence then weigh it all.
I decided to borrow this book from my local library because I was interested after reading so much elsewhere, to read what Madeleine's mother had to say. I will not give to the fund, it is documented that in the first year less than 20% was spent on searching for the child. The money now is spent on damage limitation and suing anyone who questions the McCann version of events. If the couple and their friends had not acted in the ways they did during the investigation, people would not be still asking questions.

It would be unreasonable to expect all of the book to be about the child, as after May 3 2007 the book inevitably must deal with events post-disappearance. I do not refer to an abduction, as the book is subtitled disappearance. In fact this is what the vanishing of this poor child must be called. There is as has been clearly documented, no evidence that a child was abducted 3 May 2007.

What struck me was that this book bears the little girl's name as its title, yet even in the chapter which bears her name as the heading, most of that chapter deals with a pregnancy and birth. I felt after reading this and the entire book that Madeleine appeared abstract,apart from aspects of her physical appearance, I got no sense at all of her being, her essence as a child, her character.
Talking of physical appearance, where was the much publicised coloboma, the eye defect that was mentioned by the McCanns against police advice, not only that, it was there on all the posters and photographs for people to recognise her? This is her most distinctive physical feature, yet there is not one mention of it in the book.
And where were the photos from that holiday?
Why did DNA have to be retrieved from the UK?
The book raised more questions than it answered.
Why was this nonsense about " it was like eating in your back garden" still being churned out. I have lived in many homes, and back gardens were within the perimiter walls of my property. Children would only need to come downstairs and through a rear entrance to a dining area there, not along a road.
Why does Kate McCann complain that not enough was being done in Portugal, when by exercising her right to remain silent meant that she hindered the investigation, by ensuring she was not rapidly eliminated and so allowing police to focus attention elsewhere. Police forces always examine the family and immediate circle when a story like this emerges, it is their duty given the statistics.
Why under the dire circumstances did she complain about not being offered food or drink at the police station? Why when her daughter is missing, does he say SHE felt as if SHE did not exist for the police. No in-flight food on a short flight from Faro airport? Did you really care about trivia such as this ? It beggars belief. This is a sense of entitlement and narcissism to a massive degree.

I do not understand the David Payne scenario evening May 3. Neither of the 2 parties involved, David Payne, Kate McCann, mentioned this episode in their initial statements to police. It was mentioned by Gerry McCann days later, and he was not even present. Both Payne and Kate McCann remember this very differently: massive differences about the length of time he was either at or in the McCann apartment,one says inside for a good length of time, the other there for less than a minute and did not enter.....all neatly sidestepped in the book by stating he just popped his head in.

Why does the child in the tennis court photo taken on that holiday look so much older than the child on the last photo at the swimming pool? Why was this pool photo not immediately produced for the police,instead of 3 weeks later? A much earlier one was used, where the child in the red velvet dress, coloboma prominent, looks very different to the girl holding tennis balls.
Kate tells us the pattern for her children became very much one of routine, day care centre in the day, lunch and tea and bath and bed routine for them all.
There are about 16 pages dealing with days from arrival to May 2nd, but nothing about 30th April, when routine changed for Madeleine. Daycare centre records show that while her twin brother and sister remained until tea time as usual,. Madeleine was signed in then out again after only 15 minutes.
There was a decision made to do something different. Why not tell us about where she went? She was under adult supervision, did she go to the beach,the shops, for a short trip somewhere? Strange that a break with routine is not mentioned in detail in the book, when there is so much detail about boring stuff, milk, biscuits, bed..... just a couple of lines about a trip to the supermarket with one of the female members of the holiday group and a reference to the evening meal. Why not tell us about the precious time spent just with Maddie this afternoon, a couple of lovely hours focussed just on her, rather than attention having to be given to the twins as well?
Why was a woman convinced her daughter had been abducted so dismissive of the sniffer dogs behaviour when police showed her a video of them in action? Rather than fear and distress that her daughter might have been harmed prior to being taken, was her initial reaction one of contempt, and her husband's desire to immediately find things to discredit them? The dogs do not have an agenda, they do what they are trained to do, simple.

Why does she 4 years later talk about forced shutters? Documented not to have been forced from the outside to gain entrance.
Why does she think that the man allegedly seen by her friend, is the same man seen 45 minutes later by other people? Would a child abductor be walking around so long in a public place with his victim?
Why does she say " we resumed our search" about the ealry hours of 4 May. She has admitted in a tv interview with the BBC that she did not physically search for her daughter, being non functioning in the aftermath of Madeleine's disappearance.
Why did she say in her book that she was Kate Healy until May 3 2007? She makes a big deal of this at the end of her book, when the daycare sheets show her signing Kate McCann[ understandable to keep a maiden name for her work, understandable in a family scenario to use McCann.]
Why such the fuss, still, about the press calling Madeleine Maddie? She uses a diminituve for Sean Seanie... in her book, and Amelie already has the sound at the end. I have read Gerry McCann on his early blogs referring to his daughter as Maddie as does one of the twins on a video.

So many unanswered questions. I can only recommend that they ask for the case to be reopened, not for a review[a stamp on a short letter is all that I believe it will take.]
Oh yes....a reconstruction would have helped. But they all refused that.

Kate did not mention the near 24 hour rota of the police with some choosing to sleep on the floor rather than come and go, did she?
And a plea bargain,a deal, does not as far as I know,exist in the Portuguese legal system. No deal was offered.
And I think the truthfulness of this book can be proven to be a nonsense about 200 pages in. Kate McCann states that no one in the party could speak about events due to judicial secrecy laws in Portugal. It is in the public domain that a former spokesperson of theirs stated that they managed to get messages about what was going on at the police station out to McCann family and friends.
Finally, I hope the twins never read p.129 of this book .
Reading it made me profoundly depressed and angry.
I hope and pray that one day the truth will out about what happened to Madeleine McCann. And that she gets justice. Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comments (12)

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Wed 16 May - 8:53

Thanks for that. Was inspired , added my own review.

To literally claim the Leveson inquiry as if it's set up for their sole benefit! A pat on the head for Lord Leveson, who rolled over and barked at their command.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Wed 16 May - 14:37

Susan Hubbard took charge of Madeleine's bithday party? Is she saying that they hold birthday parties for her? I suppose she is. That has got to be child abuse in any form. We always remember my gran and father in law on their birthdays but in no way hold any form of celebration. I suppose they buy birthday cards and put them up on the sideboard?
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 16 May - 16:34

Keela wrote:Susan Hubbard took charge of Madeleine's bithday party? Is she saying that they hold birthday parties for her? I suppose she is. That has got to be child abuse in any form. We always remember my gran and father in law on their birthdays but in no way hold any form of celebration. I suppose they buy birthday cards and put them up on the sideboard?

Kate was even buying and wrapping Christmas Presents for Madeleine in the beginning and laying a place for her at the Table on Christmas Day.!!!

How can Kate possibly say the Books are for Madeleine , the twins were almost 2yrs young when there Sister disappeared , even after one year their
memory would be hazy , so after 5 years it would only be the photos of Madeleine to remind them they have a Sister.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 16 May - 16:46

Keela wrote:Susan Hubbard took charge of Madeleine's bithday party? Is she saying that they hold birthday parties for her? I suppose she is. That has got to be child abuse in any form. We always remember my gran and father in law on their birthdays but in no way hold any form of celebration. I suppose they buy birthday cards and put them up on the sideboard?

Hello Keela

Around 3 years ago, Mrs Healy revealed that the twins had received birthday and Christmas presents and they were told Madeleine had sent them. The following Christmas, the McCanns revealed that on Christmas day, they were setting a place for Madeleine and they were telling the twins she might be coming home.

Personally speaking I think the McCanns were wrong to do what they did regarding the Christmas and birthday presents as well as setting a place for Madeleine and telling the twins she may be coming home. I had visions of the twin's with their noses pressed against the window, watching for Madeleine walking down the garden path. How disappointed they would have felt, when Madeleine didn't turn up.

I also think it was wrong of Mrs Healy to tell the media about the Christmas and birthday presents and I thought the McCanns were wrong to tell the media what they intended to do on Christmas day.

Is it any wonder the McCanns have got so much criticism, when they and their family speak so freely to the media, about matters that should stay behind closed doors.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  tabs Wed 16 May - 16:52

I think ultimately if enough fuss is made of the accounts then it will be this that will lead to their downfall

I suggest we all use the excellent link from the mccann files and publisize this as much as we can

the accounts do not add up - follow the money

tabs
tabs
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 17 May - 6:24

Another review about the "new book from a Professional Book Reviewer

Reviews Written by
A. Meijer

Show: Most recent reviews Most recent comments Page: 1

Madeleine
by Kate McCann
Edition: Hardcover
Price: £13.00
Availability: In stock

0 of 1 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars All about Kate - not Madeleine, 16 May 2012
This review is from: Madeleine (Hardcover)
Just a few points:

Why are there NO photographs of Maddie in PdL in the book? Not even 'the last photograph' by the pool?
Why are there MORE photographs of Kate and Kate and Gerry, than of Maddie?
Why were her health records denied to the Portuguese police? It is standard procedure in most police forces.
Why was there no uncontaminated DNA in the apartment and it had to be collected from Rothley?
Why didn't they use the free nanny service for the evenings? The same nannies who looked after the children during the day, so hardly strangers.
Why did they still leave Maddie alone when she told them in the morning she'd been crying the previous night and why had they not come?

Most of the book dealt with Kate McCann's life, the holiday merits one chapter - we learn nothing about Maddie, her likes and dislikes, things she said. What she created in the creche. Where is all that stuff that mothers can't stop talking about? Comment Comment | Permalink

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Thu 17 May - 9:20

quickfingers wrote:Perhaps the advance was paid direct to Kate? I remember them saying any royalties would be paid into the fund but no mention of the advance.

It's pure semantics. An advance is an advance on royalties. I.e. royalties paid in advance. They should be in the Fund - but I wouldn't put a Swiss or Jersey account beyond the possibilities.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Thu 17 May - 9:25

Panda wrote:

Kate was even buying and wrapping Christmas Presents for Madeleine in the beginning and laying a place for her at the Table on Christmas Day.!!!

How can Kate possibly say the Books are for Madeleine , the twins were almost 2yrs young when there Sister disappeared , even after one year their
memory would be hazy , so after 5 years it would only be the photos of Madeleine to remind them they have a Sister.

That's so tacky! But it started early - when she moved to the other apartment that OC lent them, in the presence of a journalist (or whoever it was - see Dr. Roberts' Dormant Issues) she laid out the clean pyjamas of Maddie on a bed. Ahhhhh!
In that case she slipped up, because in August she said that Maddie's DNA was found in the car because of her dirty pyjamas and sandals had been thrown in when they moved to the villa. There you have it three sets of pyjamas, one especially for the Ahhh factor. Like the pressies.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 17 May - 9:33

quickfingers wrote:Perhaps the advance was paid direct to Kate? I remember them saying any royalties would be paid into the fund but no mention of the advance.

It doesn't matter if the advance was paid direct to Kate or put straight into the fund, because if Clarence Mitchell was speaking the truth, the McCanns and their extended family are able to use the money in the fund, to assist their finances.

We all know by now that hardly any of the fund money has been used to search for Madeleine. The money that was used to search for her, wasn't used for actual searches, the McCanns pretendy detectives, didn't do any actual searching. In fact the last lot of pretendy detectives, passed on their leads to the PJ, from their Cheshire office.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 17 May - 10:38

I think when Esther McVey announced that the Legal Fees would not be paid from the Fund, not long after some expert said they could and I think that is why she left.

The Fund was opened for donations by the public to SEARCH FOR MADELEINE which obviously ranks low in the McCanns priorities. The Legal expenses
have been paid to stop anyone libelling the McCanns basically. I think they will be hard pressed to justify all the money they have spent after Gerry
went back to work and Kate could have, but preferred to stay at home writing her Book. Had all the money she received been paid into the Fund, that would have been a generous act, but she is only paying the Royalties., will the £1 million paid by the Times and Sun be shown in the 2012 Accounts, will the Advance from Transworld?......Unfortunately we have to waiit until the end of the Year to find out.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 17 May - 10:56

I would just like to add that Carter Ruck's Bill so far with regard to Tony Bennett is £120,000....which will no doubt come out of the Fund. So we have
Amaral denied an opinion, Pat Brown and Tony Bennett, plus I seem to remember , TV1 in Portugal. How can the McCannns defend their action? Has
Madeleine been found NO, has the theory that she died in 5a been dismissed NO, has there been any evidence at all of an abduction NO. Let's hope Amaral wins his case .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 17 May - 11:04

Excellent Post, Panda (Good morning; West Indies put in to Bat.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next