Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Philpotts

+21
wjk
Wintabells
fred
marxman
Loveday
T4two
Justiceforallkids
gillyspot
AnnaEsse
kathybelle
Lioned
mossman
margaret
Loopdaloop
dazedandconfused
Oldartform
cass
princess_leia
tanszi
LJC
Krisy22
25 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Philpotts Empty Philpotts

Post  kitti Wed 30 May - 21:25

CHARGED with MURDER.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Philpotts Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Philpotts Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Philpotts Empty Re: Philpotts

Post  Krisy22 Wed 30 May - 21:31

GOOD
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Wed 30 May - 21:33

marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 30 May - 22:05

B*stards!!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 30 May - 22:36

marxman wrote:Looks like both parents charged!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-18261680

Derbyshire Police's Assistant Chief Constable Steve Cotterill said: "Following the appeal yesterday a number of people have come forward with more information but I want to stress that the two charges this evening should not be seen as the end of the investigation.

There are witnesses or people who have noticed things.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 30 May - 22:39

Truly horrendous. As the police officer said, they are entitled to a fair trial, but the CPS considers there was enough evidence for the two to be charged. Words fail me.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Wed 30 May - 23:42

Don't know if its just my imagination, but I am certain there have been more child deaths at the hands of parents since Madeleine than before. Were the Philpotts 'doing a McCann' here? Bearing in mind they have not been found guilty of anything yet, of course, I must add.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 30 May - 23:52

LJC wrote:Don't know if its just my imagination, but I am certain there have been more child deaths at the hands of parents since Madeleine than before. Were the Philpotts 'doing a McCann' here? Bearing in mind they have not been found guilty of anything yet, of course, I must add.

I have wondered if they had in mind the way the McCanns faced the cameras and decided that the event required a lot of crying.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 31 May - 0:36

i find this so unbelievable. God rest the souls of those children.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 31 May - 0:46

There doesn't seem to be any doubt from all I've read about the Philpotts that they did love their children so I'm having trouble grasping the concept that they could have done this terrible thing. Setting an empty house on fire in order to be rehoused is one thing, but to do it in the middle of the night when the children were asleep? Of course we don't know yet if they actually did.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 31 May - 1:17

Not Born Yesterday wrote:There doesn't seem to be any doubt from all I've read about the Philpotts that they did love their children so I'm having trouble grasping the concept that they could have done this terrible thing. Setting an empty house on fire in order to be rehoused is one thing, but to do it in the middle of the night when the children were asleep? Of course we don't know yet if they actually did.

According to an article that I read online in the Telegraph, the petrol was spread from inside the house, not through the letterbox. The article also stated that the police have also been watching the Philpotts since the day of the fire.

There was a fire in Buxton, Derbyshire, a couple of years ago, where two children died. The mother who was in the same room as the children, jumped out of the window with her 8 month old baby in her arms, on to a trampoline and the two children died in the fire. The woman said that before she jumped, she looked round but couldn't see the children. Her children who died were aged 5yrs and 2yrs.

The fire was treated as suspicious and a 17yr old boy was arrested in connection with the fire. The boy was later released, then the mother was arrested and charged with setting fire to her house, grievous bodily harm to the baby and murder, but when the case went to court, the jury said there wasn't enough evidence to convict her, so she walked free.

The police reviewed the case and said they weren't looking for anyone else, in connection with the fire and the deaths of the two children. So it looked like the police were convinced that they had charged the right person, who was the mother, but the mother wasn't convicted because of lack of evidence. I would have thought the CPS would have studied the evidence before the case went to court, maybe they did and thought there was enough evidence to convict the mother.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Thu 31 May - 7:51

I was just reading the article linked in the other thread, it's about a week old but very informative. It said the police hadn't questioned the parents, because they were at the bedside of their eldest son Duwayne who sadly died. Even after he died they still hadn't spoken to them. They most likely played the "we're grieving parents, leave us alone card". One thing I did notice during the Philpotts press conference last week, Mick Philpott telling people to leave them alone, I thought to myself, well who is hassling you? It was probably the police, they wanted to get on with questioning them. I was also expecting an appeal of some sorts but there wasn't one. Just congratulated the services for their work, no real mention of the kids.

They will have a life of absolute hell in prison, no rest for them......they will also have to live with what they've done! If they are found guilty I hope they get everything they deserve!

princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 421
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 31 May - 7:53

kathybelle wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:There doesn't seem to be any doubt from all I've read about the Philpotts that they did love their children so I'm having trouble grasping the concept that they could have done this terrible thing. Setting an empty house on fire in order to be rehoused is one thing, but to do it in the middle of the night when the children were asleep? Of course we don't know yet if they actually did.

According to an article that I read online in the Telegraph, the petrol was spread from inside the house, not through the letterbox. The article also stated that the police have also been watching the Philpotts since the day of the fire.

There was a fire in Buxton, Derbyshire, a couple of years ago, where two children died. The mother who was in the same room as the children, jumped out of the window with her 8 month old baby in her arms, on to a trampoline and the two children died in the fire. The woman said that before she jumped, she looked round but couldn't see the children. Her children who died were aged 5yrs and 2yrs.

The fire was treated as suspicious and a 17yr old boy was arrested in connection with the fire. The boy was later released, then the mother was arrested and charged with setting fire to her house, grievous bodily harm to the baby and murder, but when the case went to court, the jury said there wasn't enough evidence to convict her, so she walked free.

The police reviewed the case and said they weren't looking for anyone else, in connection with the fire and the deaths of the two children. So it looked like the police were convinced that they had charged the right person, who was the mother, but the mother wasn't convicted because of lack of evidence. I would have thought the CPS would have studied the evidence before the case went to court, maybe they did and thought there was enough evidence to convict the mother.

I found this image yesterday and thought the look on the officer's face was one of observing rather than sympathy.

Philpotts Z
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 31 May - 8:48

ha a pic tells a thousand word --- well done anna ---poor babies --- hope they hang em up
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Loveday Thu 31 May - 8:58

To be honest they really don't seem the brightest people. I suspect she, in particular, is mentally retarded, even if it has never been officially diagnosed. My money is on her being the perpetrator because she wasn't bright enough to foresee the potential consequences. Those children never stood a chance. He's awful. Borderline feral.
Loveday
Loveday
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 300
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 31 May - 8:59

cass wrote:ha a pic tells a thousand word --- well done anna ---poor babies --- hope they hang em up

A very telling image I think.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 31 May - 9:22

He probably loved the limelight as he'd been on Jeremy Kyle and invited Anne Widdicombe in his house for another programme, the papers (l know, l know!!) say he came running down the street at 4am and 'discovered' the fire so the police would have been wanting to know where he was and why he was up at that time and if his story didn't stack up.... Agree with another poster that the mother looks to be retarded in some way.

Poor little kids, words fail me that parents could do such a thing.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 31 May - 9:33

I know the Philpotts haven't yet been convicted, but even if they weren't responsible for this horrendous crime, something in their facial expressions, shows to me that they aren't the grieving parents, they would have us believe they were. There is no pain etched on their faces, it was as if they were forcing themselves to cry, when they made that "appeal".

I have told the story of how we lost 3 young members of our family to a house fire, in 1976. They were my cousin and her husband, who were both 22yrs old and their baby daughter, who was 13 months old. I stayed with my Aunt, who was my cousin's mother, for a few days after the fire and she had the most awful pain etched on her face. I didn't see her cry, although she probably did when she was on her own. I will remember the pain that was etched on her face, until the day I die.

The rest of us were in bits, for months and months and months. None of us could speak about our young relatives, without one of us bursting into tears, which would set the others off.

I am sick and tired of reading about house fires, where the adults have got out and the children have perished.

Early on this year, a blaze broke out, in a Lancashire house, were there was a party going on. I believe the fire started in a wardrobe in a bedroom. There were adults as well as children in the house. The adults including the childrens mother, got out alive and her 4 children died. One of the children who was a teenager, died trying to save the children, who were 4yr old twins and a 2yrs old toddler. The mother had nine children, but because there was no mention of the other 5, so I can only presume they weren't in the house at the time of the fire.

There was a fire in Gorton, Manchester, which was started deliberately by a man who had had a row with his wife. He poured petrol over himself, lit a match and the house went up in flames. The man and his wife, saved themselves, while the children died. The children were the man's son, his stepson and his teenage stepdaughter. His stepdaughter died, trying to save her siblings.

Although badly burned, the man recovered and is now serving a 12yr jail sentence for manslaughter.

I live in one of the suburbs of Manchester and I would pass the house if I got the bus to the city. The house was just off the main road, but I could see how badly burned it was and I can only imagine what state those bodies were in, although they would have died through smoke inhalation. Which is how our young relatives died.

Then there was the Buxton Derbyshire fire, where the mother saved herself and her 8month old baby, but left her children, who were in the same room as herself, to die. She said she couldn't see her other two children and that's why she saved herself and her baby. As I said in another post, she was charged with offences regarding the fire, but found not guilty, because the jury said there wasn't enough evidence to convict herself.

I'm sure some point in their lives, all the adults who have deliberately saved themselves before children who died in house fires, will regret their actions.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Loveday Thu 31 May - 9:46

I really don't know anything about house fires but I've always thought it quite odd that when you hear about them (sadly all too often it seems these days) the pattern seems to be that all or most of the children die but the parents/adults escape relatively unscathed. Why is that?

I don't think these Philpotts wanted to murder their children, but that they wanted a bigger house/attention/to frame someone else/some other kind of recompense and are of such low intelligence that they thought they could start a fire and the fire brigade could get the children out without doing them much, if any, harm. They're venal and backward.
Loveday
Loveday
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 31 May - 9:52

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 31 May - 9:54

Whether their backward or frontward......they killed their children.....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 31 May - 9:54

margaret wrote:He probably loved the limelight as he'd been on Jeremy Kyle and invited Anne Widdicombe in his house for another programme, the papers (l know, l know!!) say he came running down the street at 4am and 'discovered' the fire so the police would have been wanting to know where he was and why he was up at that time and if his story didn't stack up.... Agree with another poster that the mother looks to be retarded in some way.

Poor little kids, words fail me that parents could do such a thing.

Good morning Margaret

I didn't know that Mick Philpott, had been on the Jeremy Kyle show, until I saw the video in a newspaper article online. I remember him losing his temper with Jeremy, because Jeremy gave him some home truths, although did apologise to Jeremy, later on in the show.

Mick Philpott's outburst, reminded me of Gerry McCann's outburst on television, when he was asked questions regarding Madeleine's disappearance, that he didn't want to answer. He threw his microphone on the floor and left the studio.

Anyway to get back to Mick Philpott, he was given a 7yr jail sentence, for attempting to murder a woman he was living with. He said this was the reason he couldn't get a job. I can only imagine what Mick Philpott was like to live with, but I bet it wasn't heaven on earth in his household.

R.I.P. to the 6 Philpott children.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Thu 31 May - 9:59

The layout and photographs of their home
appeared to show a caravan situated at the
side of the house preventing reasonable
access to the rear of the property, and a
van parked in front driveway.
Surely this must have impeded emergency
services from save and rescue?
This does not excuse the fact that the fire
was ignited intentionally and the consequences
of the fire must rest with the arsonist alone.
A dreadful and sad incident.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Loveday Thu 31 May - 10:18

kitti wrote:Whether their backward or frontward......they killed their children.....

To be fair, it's all speculative at the moment. We don't know if they killed them or not.
Loveday
Loveday
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 31 May - 10:42

Loveday wrote:
kitti wrote:Whether their backward or frontward......they killed their children.....

To be fair, it's all speculative at the moment. We don't know if they killed them or not.

If the article in the Telegraph was true, the petrol was spread from inside the house and not through the letterbox. So if it wasn't the Philpotts who started the fire, it was someone known to them who had a key to the house. I'm sure the police will have already asked the Philpotts who had keys to their home and if anyone does have keys, they will be investigated.

However the police must have had enough evidence to charge the Philpotts, because according to the telegraph, their caravan and transit van were taken away to be examined by forensics. The Philpotts were also under surveillance, by the police and the hotel room where they stayed in after the fire, was also examined by the police.

I do understand though that while the police may think they have enough evidence to bring a case against the Philpotts, it doesn't mean they will be found guilty in a court of law. However the bottom line is, they escaped from the fire and their children died, which seems to be a regular occurrence these days. More so when the fire has broken out at the home of a council house tenant, who doesn't work, but thinks it's their right to churn out more kids, get more benefits and get a bigger and better home. All paid for by the taxpayers.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content