Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Unite Union once again causing havoc.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unite Union once again causing havoc.

Post  Panda on Fri 15 Jun - 17:19




The London Bus Drivers are to go on strike next Friday over pay during the Olympics.....yet again Unite are trying to hold the Employers to ransom...
what are the Bus Drivers asking for.....triple pay for doing their job.????? Whoever the Head of the Union is, he is out to break Britain, this is a political
issue and remeniscent of the" one out all out" mantra of the Seventies which destroyed Britains' manufacturing base.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Unite Union once again causing havoc.

Post  Lioned on Fri 15 Jun - 17:48

I am a member of the Unite Union,but i do not agree with holding the country to ransom,but many others have been granted extra bonus's for working during the Olympics.
The Unions have taken a swing to the left in recent years thats for sure.

Dont panic Panda its a bit of sabre rattling.No Union is daft enough to go on strike during the Olympics.

By the way it was Maggie Thatcher who destroyed Britains Manufacturing base by turning the country into a 'Banking' dependent service industry nation.


Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Unite Union once again causing havoc.

Post  Panda on Fri 15 Jun - 18:21

Lioned wrote:I am a member of the Unite Union,but i do not agree with holding the country to ransom,but many others have been granted extra bonus's for working during the Olympics.
The Unions have taken a swing to the left in recent years thats for sure.

Dont panic Panda its a bit of sabre rattling.No Union is daft enough to go on strike during the Olympics.

By the way it was Maggie Thatcher who destroyed Britains Manufacturing base by turning the country into a 'Banking' dependent service industry nation.


Sorry Lioned but it was the striking Unions which meant the sale of Daimler and other Car industries to Foreign Countries . Well the London Underground
staff went on strike on Boxing Day, the traditional day for Sales and there was another recent strike , was it the Teachers? Have the right to strike by all means but don't hold the Country to ransom , not when so many million are unemployed .

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Unite Union once again causing havoc.

Post  AnnaEsse on Sat 16 Jun - 8:42

Panda wrote:
Lioned wrote:I am a member of the Unite Union,but i do not agree with holding the country to ransom,but many others have been granted extra bonus's for working during the Olympics.
The Unions have taken a swing to the left in recent years thats for sure.

Dont panic Panda its a bit of sabre rattling.No Union is daft enough to go on strike during the Olympics.

By the way it was Maggie Thatcher who destroyed Britains Manufacturing base by turning the country into a 'Banking' dependent service industry nation.


Sorry Lioned but it was the striking Unions which meant the sale of Daimler and other Car industries to Foreign Countries . Well the London Underground
staff went on strike on Boxing Day, the traditional day for Sales and there was another recent strike , was it the Teachers? Have the right to strike by all means but don't hold the Country to ransom , not when so many million are unemployed .

Maybe when so many are unemployed, striking becomes more necessary. In a recession, we have an employers' market, where employers can dictate wages and conditions because so many people become quite desperate. People want to hold onto jobs so they accept pay cuts. And others just want to be working, so they accept low wages and poor working conditions. I think the bus drivers deserve extra pay during the Olympics. The bus companies will be taking in a lot more cash and the drivers will have to work very hard to keep the transport moving with long queues. Since deregulation, most buses are now privately owned and if those companies are making mega bucks, then surely they can pass some of the benefit onto the people who are doing the actual work to bring in the dosh?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unite Union once again causing havoc.

Post  Panda on Sat 16 Jun - 9:05


I thought it was well OTT for tube drivers to go on strike on Boxing day over the demand for triple wages and a day off in Lieu.!!!!! Bus Drivers and Tube Drivers are trained by the Company and their jobs are safe. Yes, ask for double time if you have to work on a Holiday, but 3 times your wage and another day in Lieu is pure greed. Thank God, Nurses, Doctors, Firemen, Ambulance Drivers etc work hard and don't down tools so quickly and can be relied upon.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Unite Union once again causing havoc.

Post  AnnaEsse on Sat 16 Jun - 9:43

Panda wrote:
I thought it was well OTT for tube drivers to go on strike on Boxing day over the demand for triple wages and a day off in Lieu.!!!!! Bus Drivers and Tube Drivers are trained by the Company and their jobs are safe. Yes, ask for double time if you have to work on a Holiday, but 3 times your wage and another day in Lieu is pure greed. Thank God, Nurses, Doctors, Firemen, Ambulance Drivers etc work hard and don't down tools so quickly and can be relied upon.

Panda, I'm for the John Lewis model where all members of staff are shareholders. When the company does well, so do the staff and the staff have an incentive to do their best. So, bus drivers and tube drivers are trained by the company? The companies would be in serious trouble if they didn't train those drivers. And no, their jobs are not that safe. My brother was made redundant a few years ago from his job as a tube driver. Why should the people at the top of big companies get huge bonuses but those doing the work at the bottom get reviled because they ask for what would buy the bosses another bottle of good wine?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unite Union once again causing havoc.

Post  Panda on Sat 16 Jun - 10:14

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:
I thought it was well OTT for tube drivers to go on strike on Boxing day over the demand for triple wages and a day off in Lieu.!!!!! Bus Drivers and Tube Drivers are trained by the Company and their jobs are safe. Yes, ask for double time if you have to work on a Holiday, but 3 times your wage and another day in Lieu is pure greed. Thank God, Nurses, Doctors, Firemen, Ambulance Drivers etc work hard and don't down tools so quickly and can be relied upon.

Panda, I'm for the John Lewis model where all members of staff are shareholders. When the company does well, so do the staff and the staff have an incentive to do their best. So, bus drivers and tube drivers are trained by the company? The companies would be in serious trouble if they didn't train those drivers. And no, their jobs are not that safe. My brother was made redundant a few years ago from his job as a tube driver. Why should the people at the top of big companies get huge bonuses but those doing the work at the bottom get reviled because they ask for what would buy the bosses another bottle of good wine?

Yes I agree, ICI had the same model, all staff were given shares instead of Bonuses and if other Companies, like the Railway , which should never have
been privatised IMO, nor Utilities, adopted a similar sheme maybe the strikes would be avoided . One of the jobs I had in my London Days was working
for Monsanto Chemicals who treated their workers with respect , provided an excellent Waitress Service Staff Restaurant at reduced prices . Directors were approachable. They adopted the same relationship with the Staff at their Chemical Plant in Ruabon ,North Wales. The Banking world prospered
until regulations like retaining 11% liquidity and only lending 25% of a property were discarded and the FSA proved spineless..........that is why we have
a crisis now.

The Changes are coming is quite scary.!!!


Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Unite Union once again causing havoc.

Post  AnnaEsse on Sat 16 Jun - 10:28

Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:
I thought it was well OTT for tube drivers to go on strike on Boxing day over the demand for triple wages and a day off in Lieu.!!!!! Bus Drivers and Tube Drivers are trained by the Company and their jobs are safe. Yes, ask for double time if you have to work on a Holiday, but 3 times your wage and another day in Lieu is pure greed. Thank God, Nurses, Doctors, Firemen, Ambulance Drivers etc work hard and don't down tools so quickly and can be relied upon.

Panda, I'm for the John Lewis model where all members of staff are shareholders. When the company does well, so do the staff and the staff have an incentive to do their best. So, bus drivers and tube drivers are trained by the company? The companies would be in serious trouble if they didn't train those drivers. And no, their jobs are not that safe. My brother was made redundant a few years ago from his job as a tube driver. Why should the people at the top of big companies get huge bonuses but those doing the work at the bottom get reviled because they ask for what would buy the bosses another bottle of good wine?

Yes I agree, ICI had the same model, all staff were given shares instead of Bonuses and if other Companies, like the Railway , which should never have
been privatised IMO, nor Utilities, adopted a similar sheme maybe the strikes would be avoided . One of the jobs I had in my London Days was working
for Monsanto Chemicals who treated their workers with respect , provided an excellent Waitress Service Staff Restaurant at reduced prices . Directors were approachable. They adopted the same relationship with the Staff at their Chemical Plant in Ruabon ,North Wales. The Banking world prospered
until regulations like retaining 11% liquidity and only lending 25% of a property were discarded and the FSA proved spineless..........that is why we have
a crisis now.

The Changes are coming is quite scary.!!!


I agree, Panda, the railway should never have been privatised. British Rail was a 'closed shop,' many years ago when I worked at the offices in Croyden. One of the safety rules the unions got through was that there had to be two men in the cab at all times. When BR ceased being a 'closed shop,' that rule went very quickly. In places where there are dozens of signals for a driver to observe, two men in the cab decreases the risk of accident.

Because we have unions, we have a legal minimum wage and health and safety regulations as well as paid holidays and sick pay. Without unionised working in the mines, men would still be going underground with a canary and many more miners would be killed in accidents.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unite Union once again causing havoc.

Post  Badboy on Sat 16 Jun - 10:34

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:
I thought it was well OTT for tube drivers to go on strike on Boxing day over the demand for triple wages and a day off in Lieu.!!!!! Bus Drivers and Tube Drivers are trained by the Company and their jobs are safe. Yes, ask for double time if you have to work on a Holiday, but 3 times your wage and another day in Lieu is pure greed. Thank God, Nurses, Doctors, Firemen, Ambulance Drivers etc work hard and don't down tools so quickly and can be relied upon.

Panda, I'm for the John Lewis model where all members of staff are shareholders. When the company does well, so do the staff and the staff have an incentive to do their best. So, bus drivers and tube drivers are trained by the company? The companies would be in serious trouble if they didn't train those drivers. And no, their jobs are not that safe. My brother was made redundant a few years ago from his job as a tube driver. Why should the people at the top of big companies get huge bonuses but those doing the work at the bottom get reviled because they ask for what would buy the bosses another bottle of good wine?
I AM THINKING THAT IF COMPANIES SHARED THEIR PROFITS,THERE WOULD BE MONEY SPENT THAT WOULD BOOST THE ECONOMY.

Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 7728
Age : 50
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Unite Union once again causing havoc.

Post  AnnaEsse on Sat 16 Jun - 10:36

Speaking of the John Lewis model, the John Lewis stores are an absolute joy to shop in as are the Waitrose stores. When I shop at ASDA or Sainsbury's, I have to trundle my trolley round the store to find an assistant, while at Waitrose, there is usually one nearby who is very friendly and helpful and knows where things are. I think the attitude is different when people have a stake in the company and are treated with respect.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unite Union once again causing havoc.

Post  AnnaEsse on Sat 16 Jun - 10:36

Badboy wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:
I thought it was well OTT for tube drivers to go on strike on Boxing day over the demand for triple wages and a day off in Lieu.!!!!! Bus Drivers and Tube Drivers are trained by the Company and their jobs are safe. Yes, ask for double time if you have to work on a Holiday, but 3 times your wage and another day in Lieu is pure greed. Thank God, Nurses, Doctors, Firemen, Ambulance Drivers etc work hard and don't down tools so quickly and can be relied upon.

Panda, I'm for the John Lewis model where all members of staff are shareholders. When the company does well, so do the staff and the staff have an incentive to do their best. So, bus drivers and tube drivers are trained by the company? The companies would be in serious trouble if they didn't train those drivers. And no, their jobs are not that safe. My brother was made redundant a few years ago from his job as a tube driver. Why should the people at the top of big companies get huge bonuses but those doing the work at the bottom get reviled because they ask for what would buy the bosses another bottle of good wine?
I AM THINKING THAT IF COMPANIES SHARED THEIR PROFITS,THERE WOULD BE MONEY SPENT THAT WOULD BOOST THE ECONOMY.

Good thinking Batman!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unite Union once again causing havoc.

Post  Panda on Sat 16 Jun - 10:40

I agree the Tolpuddle Marchers and other Workers fought hard for a living wage etc but they got too big for their boots in the 70's and Britain lost
much of it's manufacturing base as a direct result of so many strikes. Also, Management in Business for the most part was hardly efficiient . Another
job I had in my varied career was working for a major Bank in Jersey as a Company and Trust Administrator and was one of a group of Managers sent
to London to attend a two day Seminar. There were only 2 of us who attended the Seminars, our Bosses were too hung-over.!!!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Unite Union once again causing havoc.

Post  Badboy on Sat 16 Jun - 12:18

I MAY HAVE SAID THIS BEFORE,BUT I AM THINKING THAT THE PROBLEM WITH MOST CAPALIST SYSTEMS IS THAT AS THE RICH GET RICHER AND THE POOR GET POORER,SO THE POOR HAVE LESS TO SPEND LEADING TO A RECESSION,ITS THE POOR WHO TEND TO SPEND THE MONEY,WHEREAS THE RICH HANG ON TO THEIR MONEY.
GIVING MONEY TO THE POOR WOULDMORE LIKELY BOODT THE ECONOMY.

Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 7728
Age : 50
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Unite Union once again causing havoc.

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:08


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum