Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts

+11
T4two
AnnaEsse
marxman
snowflake
Chris
Lioned
interested
Lillyofthevalley
cherry1
malena stool
Annabel
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts - Page 3 Empty Re: Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts

Post  Panda Mon 18 Jun - 12:49

mossman wrote:I have not seen a single copy of the new book anywhere here. The first version was sold as paper back and had pride of place in stores such as Tesco. This time around there was none. I have looked each week whilst shopping. Definately not there. My local book store has a separate section for the top twenty best sellers. Up to last Thursday it was not in this section either.

As it stands at the moment, even if I wanted to go out today and buy a copy, I know of no store with it in stock here.

Morning mossman, one of the Members said there were copies in Morrisons I think and another said Tesco but it didn't look as though many had been sold. Amazon halved the price to £3.88 within 11 days.!!! It was I think an attempt to doctor, (excuse the pun!) the first book by taking some psges out and adding a some at the end...probably to try to get rid of the surplus from the first paperback print.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts - Page 3 Empty Re: Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts

Post  Krisy22 Mon 18 Jun - 22:02

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Yes I do agree with you there Krisy22. Imagine the grief a sceptic would receive on a cesspit like JATYK2! It is good that anyone is welcome here providing they aren't abusive but it is hard to fathom out someone who never waivers in an opinion despite all the evidence which renders it impossible. That applies to any situation, not just this one.

As for the sales figures, I think it's too early to come to any conclusions yet.

Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts - Page 3 306321 NBY...I agree with all you say. Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts - Page 3 Icon_flower
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :
Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Mon 18 Jun - 22:11

kathybelle wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:Just like to say ... that Snowflake came here in the early days when we were all encouraged to voice our opinions on the case. Over at Sky we were treated dreadfully and it was so nice to come here and speak and play games with people of other opinions.IMO

Don't you think that it's a bit childish to play games with other's who have different opinions?

The internet is full of windup merchants who trawl the internet looking for forums, for no other reason than to have a laugh at those who are debating different topics. They must lead sad lives if this kind of behaviour is the only way they can get pleasure.

:hi:Krisy

I'm sorry Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts - Page 3 284844 I misunderstood your post, when you were saying it was nice to come on here and play games with people of other opinions, I thought you meant that people were coming on here, purely to make fun of peoples opinions and have a laugh at their expense.

By the way I wasn't making any slur on Snowflake, I might not agree with what she says, but she says it without malice. Unlike some of the McCann supporters on other forums.

Oh bless you Kathybelle. Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts - Page 3 83453

I am not suprised you misunderstood my post. You can see now why I leave all the posting to the wonderful clever posters we have on here.

Will go back to the "games threads" now. Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts - Page 3 294124

Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 19 Jun - 13:00

I checked out amazon and the paperback version is not in the top 100 , Waterstones is selling it at £5.18 , dearer than the £3.88 amazon price.
Waterstones have no review or customer comments.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 19 Jun - 13:13

Krisy22 wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:Just like to say ... that Snowflake came here in the early days when we were all encouraged to voice our opinions on the case. Over at Sky we were treated dreadfully and it was so nice to come here and speak and play games with people of other opinions.IMO

Don't you think that it's a bit childish to play games with other's who have different opinions?

The internet is full of windup merchants who trawl the internet looking for forums, for no other reason than to have a laugh at those who are debating different topics. They must lead sad lives if this kind of behaviour is the only way they can get pleasure.

:hi:Krisy

I'm sorry Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts - Page 3 284844 I misunderstood your post, when you were saying it was nice to come on here and play games with people of other opinions, I thought you meant that people were coming on here, purely to make fun of peoples opinions and have a laugh at their expense.

By the way I wasn't making any slur on Snowflake, I might not agree with what she says, but she says it without malice. Unlike some of the McCann supporters on other forums.

Oh bless you Kathybelle. Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts - Page 3 83453

I am not suprised you misunderstood my post. You can see now why I leave all the posting to the wonderful clever posters we have on here.

Will go back to the "games threads" now. Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts - Page 3 294124

Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts - Page 3 306321 Krisy with ((((hugs)))) and thanks for being understanding. xx

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3