Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Sought absolution for "slanderers" Gonçalo Amaral in "Joana case"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sought absolution for "slanderers" Gonçalo Amaral in "Joana case"

Post  Justiceforallkids on Wed 27 Jun - 19:14

http://www.tvi24.iol.pt/sociedade/goncalo-amaral-caso-joana-leonor-cipriano-pj-joana-tvi24/1357977-4071.html

Sought absolution for "slanderers" Gonçalo Amaral in "Joana case"
Lawyer and professor was accused of defaming the former PJ inspector, for alleged torture of Leonor Cipriano, condemned by their daughter's death

By: Editor / CM | 27 - 6-2012 17: 10

The prosecutor asked, on Wednesday, the acquittal of a lawyer and a university professor accused of defaming Gonçalo Amaral, a session marked by the return to court of Leonor Cipriano, condemned by their daughter's death in September 2004, in the Algarve.

During the session, they were read the closing arguments, the court heard the Faro prosecutor considers that the conditions are not met so there convictions.

A lawyer for Leonor Correia, Aragão Correia, and university professor António Pedro Dores, president of the Association Against Exclusion for Development (ACED), are accused of defaming the former inspector, who investigated for nearly eight years the disappearance of Joana, daughter Leonor Cipriano.

In an article published a report on torture that association, Gonçalo Amaral, now retired, was mentioned as one of the torturers of Leonor.

In closing arguments, the representative of the MP held that the acquittal is justified because it was proven that there really was torture, practiced by members of the PJ at the premises of police in Faro, even not having been able to prove exactly who tortured.

According to the sheriff, even though there are different accounts of what actually happened on the premises of PJ 14 and October 15, 2004, stopped making sense to speak of defamation because all evidence points to the existence of torture.

On the other hand, stressed the consistency of Leonor Cipriano about the authorship of Gonçalo Amaral as one of the perpetrators of the attacks, although the mother of Joan have different versions on other aspects of the events.

The prosecutor also criticized the "incorrect story 'that Leonor Cipriano injuries should be a fall down the stairs on the premises of the PJ in Faro, reported that a police report.

Before, Leonor Cipriano, who is serving in Prison Odemira, reported in court what happened that day, reiterating that on the afternoon of October 14, 2004, was tortured for six elements of the PJ, including Gonçalo Amaral.

According to its description Eleanor, heard as a witness, the inspectors put a bag over her head, kicked it around the body and hit him with a telephone card and a blunt object.

Reportedly, the attacks continued after they have forced to kneel on glass ashtrays with two sharp edges, as she transported by the Gonçalo Amaral.

In a story that had to be interrupted by the presiding judge, when the witness began to cry before the physical torture Leonor was posted for a long time in an office with a pistol on the desk.

The Court of Faro scored for July 17 the sentencing of this case.

The May 22, 2009, Gonçalo Amaral, so now retired, was sentenced to one year in prison for making false allegations, were suspended for the same period in the trial of the alleged attacks on Leonor Cipriano, but was acquitted on the criminal of omission of denunciation.
The trial involved five inspectors and former inspectors of the PJ, and Leonel Marques, Paulo Marques Pereira Kitts and Good were acquitted of the crimes they were accused, and Antonio Nunes Cardoso was sentenced to two years and six months in prison for forgery of a document with probation for two years.

Leonor Cipriano and the missing girl's uncle, João Cipriano, were convicted in November 2004 to 20 years and four months and 19 years and two months imprisonment, respectively, for murder and concealment of a corpse. On appeal, the sentence of Leonor Cipriano was reduced to 16 years and eight months.


Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 37
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Sought absolution for "slanderers" Gonçalo Amaral in "Joana case"

Post  yask27 on Thu 28 Jun - 8:14

I've read the google translate version of the original page from Portugal and it seems con fusing to say the least, and what is this sentencing in July ?

Can anyone here make sense of this please ?

yask27
Rookie
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 58
Age : 26
Location : london
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Sought absolution for "slanderers" Gonçalo Amaral in "Joana case"

Post  kathybelle on Thu 28 Jun - 8:21

Justiceforallkids wrote:http://www.tvi24.iol.pt/sociedade/goncalo-amaral-caso-joana-leonor-cipriano-pj-joana-tvi24/1357977-4071.html

Sought absolution for "slanderers" Gonçalo Amaral in "Joana case"
Lawyer and professor was accused of defaming the former PJ inspector, for alleged torture of Leonor Cipriano, condemned by their daughter's death

By: Editor / CM | 27 - 6-2012 17: 10

The prosecutor asked, on Wednesday, the acquittal of a lawyer and a university professor accused of defaming Gonçalo Amaral, a session marked by the return to court of Leonor Cipriano, condemned by their daughter's death in September 2004, in the Algarve.

During the session, they were read the closing arguments, the court heard the Faro prosecutor considers that the conditions are not met so there convictions.

A lawyer for Leonor Correia, Aragão Correia, and university professor António Pedro Dores, president of the Association Against Exclusion for Development (ACED), are accused of defaming the former inspector, who investigated for nearly eight years the disappearance of Joana, daughter Leonor Cipriano.

In an article published a report on torture that association, Gonçalo Amaral, now retired, was mentioned as one of the torturers of Leonor.

In closing arguments, the representative of the MP held that the acquittal is justified because it was proven that there really was torture, practiced by members of the PJ at the premises of police in Faro, even not having been able to prove exactly who tortured.

According to the sheriff, even though there are different accounts of what actually happened on the premises of PJ 14 and October 15, 2004, stopped making sense to speak of defamation because all evidence points to the existence of torture.

On the other hand, stressed the consistency of Leonor Cipriano about the authorship of Gonçalo Amaral as one of the perpetrators of the attacks, although the mother of Joan have different versions on other aspects of the events.

The prosecutor also criticized the "incorrect story 'that Leonor Cipriano injuries should be a fall down the stairs on the premises of the PJ in Faro, reported that a police report.

Before, Leonor Cipriano, who is serving in Prison Odemira, reported in court what happened that day, reiterating that on the afternoon of October 14, 2004, was tortured for six elements of the PJ, including Gonçalo Amaral.

According to its description Eleanor, heard as a witness, the inspectors put a bag over her head, kicked it around the body and hit him with a telephone card and a blunt object.

Reportedly, the attacks continued after they have forced to kneel on glass ashtrays with two sharp edges, as she transported by the Gonçalo Amaral.

In a story that had to be interrupted by the presiding judge, when the witness began to cry before the physical torture Leonor was posted for a long time in an office with a pistol on the desk.

The Court of Faro scored for July 17 the sentencing of this case.

The May 22, 2009, Gonçalo Amaral, so now retired, was sentenced to one year in prison for making false allegations, were suspended for the same period in the trial of the alleged attacks on Leonor Cipriano, but was acquitted on the criminal of omission of denunciation.
The trial involved five inspectors and former inspectors of the PJ, and Leonel Marques, Paulo Marques Pereira Kitts and Good were acquitted of the crimes they were accused, and Antonio Nunes Cardoso was sentenced to two years and six months in prison for forgery of a document with probation for two years.

Leonor Cipriano and the missing girl's uncle, João Cipriano, were convicted in November 2004 to 20 years and four months and 19 years and two months imprisonment, respectively, for murder and concealment of a corpse. On appeal, the sentence of Leonor Cipriano was reduced to 16 years and eight months.


Good morning J.F.A.K.

Sorry if I appear to be thick, but can you please tell me if this was good or bad news for Goncalo Amaral? If it was bad news, maybe the MCanns will use this event in their quest to fleece Goncalo Amaral of all his possessions.

By the way, thank you for posting the article.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Sought absolution for "slanderers" Gonçalo Amaral in "Joana case"

Post  kathybelle on Thu 28 Jun - 8:24

yask27 wrote:I've read the google translate version of the original page from Portugal and it seems con fusing to say the least, and what is this sentencing in July ?

Can anyone here make sense of this please ?

Good morning yask.

Phew, I thought it was only me who couldn't understand what this meant.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Sought absolution for "slanderers" Gonçalo Amaral in "Joana case"

Post  yask27 on Thu 28 Jun - 8:27

No Kathybelle you're not.

I've read it several times and it makes no sense, and since when has a prosecutor asked for the acquittal of the defense ????

yask27
Rookie
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 58
Age : 26
Location : london
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Sought absolution for "slanderers" Gonçalo Amaral in "Joana case"

Post  mara thon on Thu 28 Jun - 8:39

I don't understand it either, it's more than a little confusing. However since the press/media, government, police and goodness knows who else, all bow down and doff their hats to the Mccanns, then it would come as no surprise to learn that the laws of some countries can be re-written to suit the Mccanns.

mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7062
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Sought absolution for "slanderers" Gonçalo Amaral in "Joana case"

Post  Krisy22 on Thu 28 Jun - 8:54


Can I be included in the not understanding the article.
Sure one of our posters will come and explain soon.

Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3380
Location : good old Oxfordshire no goats... lots of RAIN....
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sought absolution for "slanderers" Gonçalo Amaral in "Joana case"

Post  Guest on Thu 28 Jun - 9:12

the inspectors put a bag over her head, kicked it around the body
Yes, quite right, who says Google Translate isn't always accurate.

Doesn't it just mean that the case comes up on July 17?

I thinl it is a Good Thing, but I'm not sure. This theory is backed up by the fact that the McCanns and their paid posse of poison dwarves are being very quiet about it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sought absolution for "slanderers" Gonçalo Amaral in "Joana case"

Post  yask27 on Thu 28 Jun - 9:21

Yes Iris you are probably right.

The only numskull of the Mccann posse going on about it was that complete fruitcake Nessling on Amazon.

I don't understand why some posters on there have dialogue with him. Others tell it like it is to him and he gets upset when they remind him of his twisted ideas about Madeleine being the second coming.


yask27
Rookie
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 58
Age : 26
Location : london
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Sought absolution for "slanderers" Gonçalo Amaral in "Joana case"

Post  Claudia79 on Thu 28 Jun - 14:48

It's not good or bad news. I wouldn't even call it news. The sentencing is yet to come. But to be honest I don't expect a conviction. Not because there isn't reason to convict (I haven't followed the case closely so I'm not aware of details) but because our courts tend to be quite liberal regarding 'libel' cases. Until 1974 censorship was common so freedom of expression is considered a very important right and convictions like these are rare. Although it can be seen as unfair in certain cases I prefer things this way then to live in a kind of society where people are afraid to voice their opinions.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Sought absolution for "slanderers" Gonçalo Amaral in "Joana case"

Post  Carolina on Sun 1 Jul - 12:32

Claudia79 wrote:It's not good or bad news. I wouldn't even call it news. The sentencing is yet to come. But to be honest I don't expect a conviction. Not because there isn't reason to convict (I haven't followed the case closely so I'm not aware of details) but because our courts tend to be quite liberal regarding 'libel' cases. Until 1974 censorship was common so freedom of expression is considered a very important right and convictions like these are rare. Although it can be seen as unfair in certain cases I prefer things this way then to live in a kind of society where people are afraid to voice their opinions.

IMO, Gonçalo Amaral would have been better off not pursuing this case and would save some money too. Who reads MACs weird blog anyway. I think that it is more important to find out who is behind paying MAC and his defense of Leonor and for which reasons.

I think that there must be someone in the Ministério Público who has something against the PJ or is in cohoots with Marinho Pinto. I find it strange that this person states that it is proven that Leonor was tortured but they do not know by whom and at the same time the MP has not even opened an investigation to find out who the culprits are.

Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Age : 70
Location : Algarve, Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Sought absolution for "slanderers" Gonçalo Amaral in "Joana case"

Post  Claudia79 on Sun 1 Jul - 14:45

Carolina wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:It's not good or bad news. I wouldn't even call it news. The sentencing is yet to come. But to be honest I don't expect a conviction. Not because there isn't reason to convict (I haven't followed the case closely so I'm not aware of details) but because our courts tend to be quite liberal regarding 'libel' cases. Until 1974 censorship was common so freedom of expression is considered a very important right and convictions like these are rare. Although it can be seen as unfair in certain cases I prefer things this way then to live in a kind of society where people are afraid to voice their opinions.

IMO, Gonçalo Amaral would have been better off not pursuing this case and would save some money too. Who reads MACs weird blog anyway. I think that it is more important to find out who is behind paying MAC and his defense of Leonor and for which reasons.

I think that there must be someone in the Ministério Público who has something against the PJ or is in cohoots with Marinho Pinto. I find it strange that this person states that it is proven that Leonor was tortured but they do not know by whom and at the same time the MP has not even opened an investigation to find out who the culprits are.

Exactly!
As for libel cases in Portugal, you know how most of them end up. And when there are convictions (which is not very common) they usually get overturned especially if people have the patience, the will and the money to take it as far as possible. That's why this is a great country to be a journalist!

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Sought absolution for "slanderers" Gonçalo Amaral in "Joana case"

Post  Chris on Tue 3 Jul - 6:44

Claudia79 wrote:

Exactly!
As for libel cases in Portugal, you know how most of them end up. And when there are convictions (which is not very common) they usually get overturned especially if people have the patience, the will and the money to take it as far as possible. That's why this is a great country to be a journalist!


Or a libel lawyer!

Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1607
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sought absolution for "slanderers" Gonçalo Amaral in "Joana case"

Post  Sponsored content Today at 18:24


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum