Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine McCann File Kept Secret - Express

+15
Fern
marxman
Oldartform
margaret
almostgothic
malena stool
tigger
steve1295
susible
Loopdaloop
Ang
mara thon
Lillyofthevalley
jd16
quickfingers
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Madeleine McCann File Kept Secret - Express - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann File Kept Secret - Express

Post  Fern Mon 2 Jul - 15:50

marxman wrote:Here is a fasinating link to a FOI request
You will need to download it, but very worth
the long read. It may be an idea to devote
a thread just on this item.
http://regretsandramblings.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/fs_50430043.pdf

Interesting read and it appears as if its point 26 and 27 that are being referred to in this instance.

The Home Office has relied upon the exemption at section 27(1)(a) to withhold the documents numbered 1, 3, 4, and 6. As the Commissioner also already concluded that documents 1 and 3 are exempt from disclosure on the basis of sections 36(2)(b)(i) and (ii), he has only considered whether the documents numbered 4 and 6 are in fact exempt from disclosure on the basis of section 27(1)(a).
This section states that:
‘Information is exempt information if its disclosure under this Act would, or would be likely to, prejudice-
(a)
relations between the United Kingdom and any other State’
Fern
Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Warning :
Madeleine McCann File Kept Secret - Express - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine McCann File Kept Secret - Express - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann File Kept Secret - Express - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann File Kept Secret - Express

Post  tanszi Mon 2 Jul - 20:17

so do these documents give credence to Dr G Amarals claims of political interference. jimo
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
Madeleine McCann File Kept Secret - Express - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine McCann File Kept Secret - Express - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue 3 Jul - 6:24

Oldartform wrote:
marxman wrote:Here is a fasinating link to a FOI request
You will need to download it, but very worth
the long read. It may be an idea to devote
a thread just on this item.
http://regretsandramblings.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/fs_50430043.pdf

Marxman - I can`t tell who made this request (the Complainant), can you? It`s obviously only just been received 12.6.12.

The article in the Daily Star states that the FOI request was made by the Daily Star Sunday. The description in the article of "secret files" is somewhat misleading. As far as I can see they requested copies of correspondence etc between the Met and the Home Office. There was a limited amount of "bits of paper" meeting the terms of the request only one of which has been released.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue 3 Jul - 6:30

Fern wrote:

Just read through this again and what doesn't quite add up is that if these HO docs were secret then how did the Express become aware of their existence in the first place Madeleine McCann File Kept Secret - Express - Page 2 303636

They requested copies of any communications between the Met and The HO concerning the review and were told some documents existed but they couldn't have them. Judging by the timing I would hazard a guess that this was more to do with Leveson and the Cameron/NI influence and the paper trying to get a story. I wonder if Leveson has asked for copies.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 3 Jul - 9:18

tanszi wrote:so do these documents give credence to Dr G Amarals claims of political interference. jimo

Hi tanszi

I'm going to try to find that article where another former Portuguese police officer, said that the British Government intervened with this case. I'm sure it is in the PJ files.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Wed 4 Jul - 1:10

I am sure too that this was mentioned by others about the Government
interference.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2