Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  chrissie on Mon 2 Jul - 12:44

http://liverpoolstudentmedia.com/2012/07/no-i-shant-look-for-maddie-in-tallinn/#

I am ashamed of this country at times. This condition once again flared up on my arrival at John Lennon Airport, as plastered quite liberally throughout the airport were posters of Madeleine McCann, both her 3 year old self and her ‘photo fit’ supposed 7 year old self. It feels like a ridiculously brazen act on their part, not to belittle the loss of a child, which I imagine is the worst thing that can happen to a parent, far beyond my comprehension. Yet my sympathy is somewhat diminished in light of the self inflicted nature of the incidence; leaving your child unattended in an unlocked room is equally incomprehensible to myself.

While the media attention has undoubtedly diminished, it’s clear that the McCann PR machine continues to run strong if only in light of Maddie’s appearance at the airport. Not only did the soulless computer-generated eyes of her hypothetical self linger across the majority of the advertising space made available at the airport, but her mother’s book recounting the incidence takes centre stage at the various WHSmiths on offer. The whole affair feels like a massive post-modern joke; an unreleased sketch from Monkey Dust, where as a society we have managed accept that there be only one lost child worth our attention (or lack of, depending on your perspective), a Schrödinger’s cat of a celebrity. In the wake of the initial hype, I expected a lesser media copy to appear, a Deep Impact to McCann’s Armageddon, to which I could overhear in the streets “Aaw it’s like that Maddie thing all over again!” as if the benchmark was set in child abductions. While condescending it would still have heightened awareness, this didn’t happen, nothing happened, the continuing stream of abductions and missing children remained unreported and uncared about to society.

That’s really where my disdain lies, that this family have profited from the tragedy to such a large extent, continuing to do so 5 years on. I understand that parents will do all in their power to protect (in this case return) their children. Sadly Madeline was not the only child to be abducted that year or any subsequent year since. Where have their 5 year campaigns been? Where have their 5 years of support from respective governments been? Their book deals? Or is this level of support limited solely for the well-to-do and media-savvy families? Yes it would seem so, as they’re the first to do so and as a nation we can’t deal with too much tragedy, so we’ll allow one through and then fixate. This trend was once again highlighted with Jimmy Carr’s tax scandal. While certainly not the only one to do it and definitely not the largest offender, it’s easier to pinpoint him “coz e’s from the TV” ahead of say, major Tory contributor George Robinson, embroiled in the same scheme. We’re still waiting for Cameron’s moral condemnation of Mr Robinson.

So no, despite your last minute reminders, I shan’t be looking for Maddie in Estonia. Not till the Maddie stops being a commodity sold at the expense of others looking.
About the Author

Spencer Montagu - Spencer is a 2nd year Philosophy student from Paris, who has called Liverpool home for most of his life.



chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3285
Age : 55
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  Justiceforallkids on Mon 2 Jul - 13:09

wow!!!!!!!!!

Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 37
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  margaret on Mon 2 Jul - 13:46

I hope the poor man is ready for the abuse he'll get now the pros will have seen it....

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  Justiceforallkids on Mon 2 Jul - 13:48

margaret wrote:I hope the poor man is ready for the abuse he'll get now the pros will have seen it....

they will need dpuble their meds today especally the blue forum/asylum!!!!

Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 37
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  Oldartform on Mon 2 Jul - 15:05


Wow - he`s spot on.

Like this bit - "as a society we have managed accept that there be only one lost child worth our attention (or lack of, depending on your perspective), " .............. or been made to accept !


Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  snowflake on Mon 2 Jul - 16:06

What a sad young man.
He won't look for a child he believes was abducted because he disaproves of her parents actions.

snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 825
Age : 61
Location : UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  AnnaEsse on Mon 2 Jul - 16:13

snowflake wrote:What a sad young man.
He won't look for a child he believes was abducted because he disaproves of her parents actions.

I thin it's a bit more complicated than that, snowflake. I wouldn't look for Madeleine either when I went abroad because who would I look for? The most publicised photo is that of Madeleine at age 3. Not much use. And there are several versions of what she might look like now, which are so generic, they could be any of three children who live in my road.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  kathybelle on Mon 2 Jul - 16:33

snowflake wrote:What a sad young man.
He won't look for a child he believes was abducted because he disaproves of her parents actions.

Instead of directing your disapproval at this young man, why don't direct your disapproval at the McCanns? I've never seen one criticism from you regarding the McCanns cruel behaviour towards their 3 children. Nor have I seen one criticism from you regarding the McCanns using Madeleine as a cash cow and along with their family, using money that was donated from hard working people, children who sent their pocket money to the fund and people who were on a pittance of a pension. These people are the salt of the earth, they wanted Madeleine to be found. Unlike Kate and Gerry McCann, who didn't want to look for Madeleine themselves, they wanted the salt of the earth to look for Madeleine and pay them for the privilage, by buying shoddy goods from their website.

All I have ever seen you do, is make excuses for the McCanns and make subtle sarcastic posts. You so remind me of another poster who has recently popped up on here and lo and behold makes the same kind of comments as yourself.

I've got no problem with anyone having a different opinion to mine, but I do have a problem with posters like yourself, who make the kind of comments that you make. Especially the comment you have made about this young man.

The sooner the gruesome twosome are brought to task the better. Judging by your posts you will think the opposite to me.


kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  Claudia79 on Mon 2 Jul - 16:43

snowflake wrote:What a sad young man.
He won't look for a child he believes was abducted because he disaproves of her parents actions.

I hope every time you set foot outside your house you look for the all the abducted children in this world otherwise you're just a hypocrite.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  Justiceforallkids on Mon 2 Jul - 16:46

AnnaEsse wrote:
snowflake wrote:What a sad young man.
He won't look for a child he believes was abducted because he disaproves of her parents actions.

I thin it's a bit more complicated than that, snowflake. I wouldn't look for Madeleine either when I went abroad because who would I look for? The most publicised photo is that of Madeleine at age 3. Not much use. And there are several versions of what she might look like now, which are so generic, they could be any of three children who live in my road.

nor would i

Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 37
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  Justiceforallkids on Mon 2 Jul - 16:48

kathybelle wrote:
snowflake wrote:What a sad young man.
He won't look for a child he believes was abducted because he disaproves of her parents actions.

Instead of directing your disapproval at this young man, why don't direct your disapproval at the McCanns? I've never seen one criticism from you regarding the McCanns cruel behaviour towards their 3 children. Nor have I seen one criticism from you regarding the McCanns using Madeleine as a cash cow and along with their family, using money that was donated from hard working people, children who sent their pocket money to the fund and people who were on a pittance of a pension. These people are the salt of the earth, they wanted Madeleine to be found. Unlike Kate and Gerry McCann, who didn't want to look for Madeleine themselves, they wanted the salt of the earth to look for Madeleine and pay them for the privilage, by buying shoddy goods from their website.

All I have ever seen you do, is make excuses for the McCanns and make subtle sarcastic posts. You so remind me of another poster who has recently popped up on here and lo and behold makes the same kind of comments as yourself.

I've got no problem with anyone having a different opinion to mine, but I do have a problem with posters like yourself, who make the kind of comments that you make. Especially the comment you have made about this young man.

The sooner the gruesome twosome are brought to task the better. Judging by your posts you will think the opposite to me.


agree with what you say kath and lets face it we are here for maddie not the mcanns so why does snowflake defend the mcanns when she/it knows we dont approve of what they did ??

Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 37
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  Lioned on Mon 2 Jul - 16:52

snowflake wrote:What a sad young man.
He won't look for a child he believes was abducted because he disaproves of her parents actions.

Dont be ridiculous.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  Justiceforallkids on Mon 2 Jul - 16:57

Lioned wrote:
snowflake wrote:What a sad young man.
He won't look for a child he believes was abducted because he disaproves of her parents actions.

Dont be ridiculous.
agree isnt it funny how anybody who speaks out agains tthe mcanns pros attack them?? they even do it to eddie and keela!!!

Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 37
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  snowflake on Mon 2 Jul - 17:20

AnnaEsse wrote:
snowflake wrote:What a sad young man.
He won't look for a child he believes was abducted because he disaproves of her parents actions.

I thin it's a bit more complicated than that, snowflake. I wouldn't look for Madeleine either when I went abroad because who would I look for? The most publicised photo is that of Madeleine at age 3. Not much use. And there are several versions of what she might look like now, which are so generic, they could be any of three children who live in my road.

Hello,
Those are not his reasons for not looking.
He believes Madeleine was abducted but won't look for her because of her parents
Sory thats sad.

snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 825
Age : 61
Location : UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  snowflake on Mon 2 Jul - 17:23

Claudia79 wrote:
snowflake wrote:What a sad young man.
He won't look for a child he believes was abducted because he disaproves of her parents actions.

I hope every time you set foot outside your house you look for the all the abducted children in this world otherwise you're just a hypocrite.

I wouldn't deliberately not look which is what this young man seems to be doing.

snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 825
Age : 61
Location : UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  snowflake on Mon 2 Jul - 17:24

kathybelle wrote:
snowflake wrote:What a sad young man.
He won't look for a child he believes was abducted because he disaproves of her parents actions.

Instead of directing your disapproval at this young man, why don't direct your disapproval at the McCanns? I've never seen one criticism from you regarding the McCanns cruel behaviour towards their 3 children. Nor have I seen one criticism from you regarding the McCanns using Madeleine as a cash cow and along with their family, using money that was donated from hard working people, children who sent their pocket money to the fund and people who were on a pittance of a pension. These people are the salt of the earth, they wanted Madeleine to be found. Unlike Kate and Gerry McCann, who didn't want to look for Madeleine themselves, they wanted the salt of the earth to look for Madeleine and pay them for the privilage, by buying shoddy goods from their website.

All I have ever seen you do, is make excuses for the McCanns and make subtle sarcastic posts. You so remind me of another poster who has recently popped up on here and lo and behold makes the same kind of comments as yourself.

I've got no problem with anyone having a different opinion to mine, but I do have a problem with posters like yourself, who make the kind of comments that you make. Especially the comment you have made about this young man.

The sooner the gruesome twosome are brought to task the better. Judging by your posts you will think the opposite to me.


I do.

snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 825
Age : 61
Location : UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  snowflake on Mon 2 Jul - 17:26

Justiceforallkids wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
snowflake wrote:What a sad young man.
He won't look for a child he believes was abducted because he disaproves of her parents actions.

Instead of directing your disapproval at this young man, why don't direct your disapproval at the McCanns? I've never seen one criticism from you regarding the McCanns cruel behaviour towards their 3 children. Nor have I seen one criticism from you regarding the McCanns using Madeleine as a cash cow and along with their family, using money that was donated from hard working people, children who sent their pocket money to the fund and people who were on a pittance of a pension. These people are the salt of the earth, they wanted Madeleine to be found. Unlike Kate and Gerry McCann, who didn't want to look for Madeleine themselves, they wanted the salt of the earth to look for Madeleine and pay them for the privilage, by buying shoddy goods from their website.

All I have ever seen you do, is make excuses for the McCanns and make subtle sarcastic posts. You so remind me of another poster who has recently popped up on here and lo and behold makes the same kind of comments as yourself.

I've got no problem with anyone having a different opinion to mine, but I do have a problem with posters like yourself, who make the kind of comments that you make. Especially the comment you have made about this young man.

The sooner the gruesome twosome are brought to task the better. Judging by your posts you will think the opposite to me.


agree with what you say kath and lets face it we are here for maddie not the mcanns so why does snowflake defend the mcanns when she/it knows we dont approve of what they did ??


SHE definately she.
No meds required

snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 825
Age : 61
Location : UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  marxman on Mon 2 Jul - 17:32

snowflake wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
snowflake wrote:What a sad young man.
He won't look for a child he believes was abducted because he disaproves of her parents actions.

I thin it's a bit more complicated than that, snowflake. I wouldn't look for Madeleine either when I went abroad because who would I look for? The most publicised photo is that of Madeleine at age 3. Not much use. And there are several versions of what she might look like now, which are so generic, they could be any of three children who live in my road.

Hello,
Those are not his reasons for not looking.
He believes Madeleine was abducted but won't look for her because of her parents
Sory thats sad.

Hi Snowflake, as always you appear with a
bang, but this is bang out of order!
How do you expect young people to look for
Madeleine when her own parents failed on
that score? Furthermore, did you agree with
last years campaign by TM to encourage
students and youngsters to search in strange
and foreign lands? Can you not see the danger
in this? Can you not see the futility in it?

marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Location : In the dog house
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  snowflake on Mon 2 Jul - 17:38

Hello

"Look out for"not search.
am not getting into the ridiculous discussion of her parents never searching
five years on...............opinios will never change.

snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 825
Age : 61
Location : UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  Claudia79 on Mon 2 Jul - 17:40

snowflake wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
snowflake wrote:What a sad young man.
He won't look for a child he believes was abducted because he disaproves of her parents actions.

I hope every time you set foot outside your house you look for the all the abducted children in this world otherwise you're just a hypocrite.

I wouldn't deliberately not look which is what this young man seems to be doing.

You either look or not. If that is your opinion, every time you go out the door and you don't look for all missing children then, by your own standards, you're a sad individual. Either that or a hypocrite.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  snowflake on Mon 2 Jul - 17:45

No wonder i rarely post.
I'm not a hypocrite
I would always hopefully be aware of all missing children and if i ever saw a child who resembled a missing child i would report the incident.
I would never say as this young man did that I would not look for a missing child because i didnt approve of his/her parents actions.
I hope i have made myself clear.

snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 825
Age : 61
Location : UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  kathybelle on Mon 2 Jul - 17:50

snowflake wrote:Hello

"Look out for"not search.
am not getting into the ridiculous discussion of her parents never searching
five years on...............opinios will never change.



How dare you say that because the McCanns are criticised, when they admitted they never searched for Madeleine, the discussion is ridiculous. Why don't you admit that you are only here to disrupt?

If there was a way of blocking you so I can't see your posts, I would do so. However I can't, so the next best thing I can do is ignore you, which is what I have done with the other windup merchant who recently popped up on here.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  Claudia79 on Mon 2 Jul - 17:50

snowflake wrote:No wonder i rarely post.
I'm not a hypocrite
I would always hopefully be aware of all missing children and if i ever saw a child who resembled a missing child i would report the incident.
I would never say as this young man did that I would not look for a missing child because i didnt approve of his/her parents actions.
I hope i have made myself clear.

You just called someone you don't know a sad young man based only on what you read. Based on what I read from you I concluded that you are either equally sad if you don't actively look for missing children every time you leave your house or a hypocrite. You're free to post your opinions. I'm free to post mine. And this is mine.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  Justiceforallkids on Mon 2 Jul - 17:55

kathybelle wrote:
snowflake wrote:Hello

"Look out for"not search.
am not getting into the ridiculous discussion of her parents never searching
five years on...............opinios will never change.



How dare you say that because the McCanns are criticised, when they admitted they never searched for Madeleine, the discussion is ridiculous. Why don't you admit that you are only here to disrupt?

If there was a way of blocking you so I can't see your posts, I would do so. However I can't, so the next best thing I can do is ignore you, which is what I have done with the other windup merchant who recently popped up on here.

if you ask me it is disgraceful people like snowflake care only about gerry and kate and their innocence and dont give a crap about how maddie was a 3 year old innocent child who was abandoned and who knows what bloody else!!!

Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 37
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  snowflake on Mon 2 Jul - 18:04

Claudia79 wrote:
snowflake wrote:No wonder i rarely post.
I'm not a hypocrite
I would always hopefully be aware of all missing children and if i ever saw a child who resembled a missing child i would report the incident.
I would never say as this young man did that I would not look for a missing child because i didnt approve of his/her parents actions.
I hope i have made myself clear.

You just called someone you don't know a sad young man based only on what you read. Based on what I read from you I concluded that you are either equally sad if you don't actively look for missing children every time you leave your house or a hypocrite. You're free to post your opinions. I'm free to post mine. And this is mine.

You don't know the mcCanns but judge them all the time
that is your right.
I called him a sad young man because he has publicised his intent not to look for a missing child whom he believes was abducted because of the actions of her parents . that is sad. t hat is my right and my opinion.
I would never make that choice.

snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 825
Age : 61
Location : UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: LS Media - Published On: Mon, Jul 2nd, No, I shan’t look for Maddie in Tallinn.

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:25


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum