Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Public Figures who have spoken against the McCanns

+7
almostgothic
Bobsy
dutchclogs
Lioned
Wallflower
pennylane
nospinnaker
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Public Figures who have spoken against the McCanns - Page 2 Empty Re: Public Figures who have spoken against the McCanns

Post  widowan Sat 14 Jul - 19:35

Tony Bennett too of course.

Wasnt there also some conservative MP? Had this been in the US half the Congress would be demanding MM be searched for and the other half screaming if a penny of public money was spent on this, surely some conservatives rose up when Cameron set 3M aside to do such a thing in the midst of economic hardship, just because he feels sorry for the parents (and is scared if he doesn't do what the Murdochs want the papers will conspire to be certain he isn't positioned in a good light).

Hasn't any hypcortical conservative who has fiddle their expenses for ages, come out to yowl about public money being spent? I suppoes they can do that without really saying anything negative about the McCanns. And of course Cameron is one of them. So in that case a Liberal or Labour or whatever, shuold be saying, you wouldn't be spending this if it was the daughter of a bus driver or a woman who works in a nail salon.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
Public Figures who have spoken against the McCanns - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Public Figures who have spoken against the McCanns - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Public Figures who have spoken against the McCanns - Page 2 Empty Re: Public Figures who have spoken against the McCanns

Post  Panda Sat 14 Jul - 22:36

cherry1 wrote:didnt the government refuse to give list of paedophiles who were out there to the PJ?

As far as I remember cherry1, the British did send a list of known pedophiles to Portugal....you would think Countries would do this as a matter of course
wouldn't you.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Public Figures who have spoken against the McCanns - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Public Figures who have spoken against the McCanns - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 14 Jul - 23:18

Panda wrote:
cherry1 wrote:didnt the government refuse to give list of paedophiles who were out there to the PJ?

As far as I remember cherry1, the British did send a list of known pedophiles to Portugal....you would think Countries would do this as a matter of course
wouldn't you.

Good lord.

But, So does the fact that there are British pedophiles in the Algarve make it national security?

I think they use National security as a catch phrase when they don't want something looked into, like saying someone left the company to spend more time with their family, means, they got the sack! They're surely be spending more time with their family but that's not why they aren't at their desk.

say there were pedophiles in the Algarve - from the UK or anywhere - they'd have more to fear from McCanns finding that out than anyone else, because the first thing they'd do is trot them through all the papers, and try to make it seem like they were guilty.

Maybe they were trying to protect them from the McCanns outing them. If it goes into the public files, Edgar and the rest would be there pryng through their garbage and digging up the lawn.

Only if the UK was actually sort of exporting former government pedophiles to the Algarve, with the knowledge of the present government, would it be a legitimate matter of national security. There are sex offenders of all stripes everywhere, within a ten mile radius of my house there are probably fifty of them.

Could that be it?
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 14 Jul - 23:26

just noticed this

UNTIL someone wakes up and realizes the deal done between Brooks and the McCanns over phone hacking, the sick media reports will continue and gullible people will continue to give to a fraudulent fund.

BROOKS, MCCANN, MITCHELL, CAMERON ,MURDOCH

Are ALL In This Together.

http://steelmagnolia-steelmagnolia.blogspot.com.es/2012/05/mccan-police-furious-over-favour.html

National security is used to cover up dirty secrets, in many cases that does involve paedophilia.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 14 Jul - 23:31

I think as a matter of course, here or in the U.S. a list of convicted pedophiles is kept and it would be natural for the Portugese to want to know if any were living near PDL since the "abduction" did not entail a ransom note the PJ had to explore every possibility.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Public Figures who have spoken against the McCanns - Page 2 Empty Matthew Parris gave very fair and balanced comments on the McCann case

Post  comperedna Sun 15 Jul - 10:23

Just that. Though he is a Tory and I am not, I so often agree with his approach to non political things... I seem to remember that he wrote a thoughtful article commenting on the case, including the way the main protagonists in it were oddly being treated by both press and celebs... like plaster saints... though I'm pretty sure he did not use those words.

I certainly DID use those words when complaining to various TV channels and programmes about the sycophantic way their interviewers dealt with the fragrant couple. I DO think it would have been appropriate to interview them sympathetically, after all, however it happened, they have lost their eldest child; but they should not have been allowed to dictate the interview style, the questions, and everything else. I also wrote to the TV organisations concerned to praise Sian Williams and Bill Turnbull who interviewed the McCanns pretty well, as did Dermot Murnaghan. NOBODY ELSE I SAW DID. Some say Paxo did, but I didn't see the particular programme concerned.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 15 Jul - 11:08

comperedna wrote:Just that. Though he is a Tory and I am not, I so often agree with his approach to non political things... I seem to remember that he wrote a thoughtful article commenting on the case, including the way the main protagonists in it were oddly being treated by both press and celebs... like plaster saints... though I'm pretty sure he did not use those words.

I certainly DID use those words when complaining to various TV channels and programmes about the sycophantic way their interviewers dealt with the fragrant couple. I DO think it would have been appropriate to interview them sympathetically, after all, however it happened, they have lost their eldest child; but they should not have been allowed to dictate the interview style, the questions, and everything else. I also wrote to the TV organisations concerned to praise Sian Williams and Bill Turnbull who interviewed the McCanns pretty well, as did Dermot Murnaghan. NOBODY ELSE I SAW DID. Some say Paxo did, but I didn't see the particular programme concerned.

Morning comparedna, Paxman had Gerry's measure alright, he's not very patient at the best of times....Gerry just had that rictus grin. Public Figures who have spoken against the McCanns - Page 2 294124 The more
you think about it the McCanns have dominated this case from Day 1. When they eventually returned to Rothley in a hurry after saying they would not leave without Madeleine, were they ever photographed by the Press unless they arranged it? Was every U.K. Paper muzzled for fear of being sued? Has there been one Investigative Journalist willing to find out exactly what went on, even our Politicians are not exempt from Press reporting. It really is amazing that after 5 years , although I think the public has had enough , they still get support from the likes of missing people..
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sun 15 Jul - 18:42

Uk press is like fire... good servant, bad master. they were never supposed to be in charge of MAKING the news, only reporting it.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2