Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

omg i just read on fb Lorraine Kelly will be campaigning for Kate McCann to be made OBE.

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: omg i just read on fb Lorraine Kelly will be campaigning for Kate McCann to be made OBE.

Post  AnnaEsse on Fri 20 Jul - 15:38

Annabel wrote:Spudgun:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ibcfci

Thanks Annabel. I think Spudgun is spot-on there. Kate McCann's appointment as ambassador for Missing People will go a long way towards helping her nomination for the OBE.

Now, somebody pass the sick bucket, please.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18466
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: omg i just read on fb Lorraine Kelly will be campaigning for Kate McCann to be made OBE.

Post  T4two on Fri 20 Jul - 17:09

AnnaEsse wrote:
Annabel wrote:Spudgun:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ibcfci

Thanks Annabel. I think Spudgun is spot-on there. Kate McCann's appointment as ambassador for Missing People will go a long way towards helping her nomination for the OBE.

Now, somebody pass the sick bucket, please.

I was always under the impression that you had to do a bit more for an honour i.e. work for a good few years doing whatever good works you do. My father was awarded an MBE, but he'd been working away with no recognition whatsoever for 30 years or more before being nominated.

T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 on Fri 20 Jul - 17:51

You should be doing good work for the community for a number of years before even
being nominated by anyone. Kate has not done years of good work for the community
so nobody should even be thinking of nominating her and to do so makes a mockery
of the whole system and an insult to those who have genuinely been helping others
in the community for many years. Kate is also tainted by what has happened and that isnt going to go away.

cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6244
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 on Fri 20 Jul - 17:59

If Lady Meyer can get an MBE anyone can....It makes a mockery of the whole honours system. I have always had a grudge with actors/actresses getting honoured when all they are doing is acting as a job. they are only entertainers so do not get why this has be an honour of the Queens order

jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 on Fri 20 Jul - 18:02

I would like to know exactly what work Lady Meyer has done over many years to
help the community, from the reports that came out about her charity salary all she
seems to have done is help herself!

cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6244
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  susible on Sat 21 Jul - 11:15

Whilst I agree that many worthless people are bestowed this honour (as well as many very worthwhile ones!), I would still like to know where spudgun "heard" that Lorraine Kelly would be putting Kate forward for an OBE...I can't find anything anywhere on the internet, not on Lorraine's official page, fb or elsewhere. So am just a bit curious as to where the info has come from, spudgun doesn't say much in his tweet apart from he "heard" about it?

susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Sat 21 Jul - 12:59

I've sent Spudgun a private message to ask for more information. Watch this space......

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6697
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  susible on Sat 21 Jul - 13:26

Thanks NBY...just curious as to the origins of the rumour

susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:51

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top