Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Meal

+8
mariang
ann_chovey
Bobsy
margaret
AnnaEsse
chrissie
matthew
kitti
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Last Meal - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Meal

Post  margaret Tue 17 Jul - 11:53

Yes thanks Chrissie, our posts crossed! The Last Meal - Page 2 306321
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
The Last Meal - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Last Meal - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Tue 17 Jul - 13:09

Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:

There was a prebooking for 8.30pm for the Tapas 9 and absurd to think they never dined there. Russell O'Brien , called to attend to his sick child
returned to the Table about 9.50pm and the rest of the Group had finished their meal. The Cook had kept O'Briens steak warm for him and a few minutes later they all left the Table except Fiona's Mother who presumably was left there to there to listen to the Baby Monitor.

Didn't she say she wasn't going to rush off because she thought it was 'another of their games.'?

I don't remember that but she did go to 5a with Kate's camera that had been left at the Table.

I think the 'silly games' comment was in a news report, it's mentioned here in the comments.....

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/01/mark-william-thomas-on-mccanns.html

Another thing that I've always though strange was Dianne Webster's comment about all the commotion after Kate's raising the alarm in the Tapas, she said something like : "oh, I thought they were at their silly games again!" What on earth made har say something like that? And why? What kind of silly games did they use to indulge in...?
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :
The Last Meal - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Last Meal - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Tue 17 Jul - 13:19

AnnaEsse wrote:
matthew wrote:M O could see the twins breathing on his internal check,he was miffed when Gerry went to check at 9.05 as he had already been 5 minutes earlier on a listening check,Gerry was 10 minutes in the apartment on his check as he had a poignant moment...oh & had to visit the lavatory,he sums up his statement with the toilet visit...a crock of $hit

When ordering food i will leave it till the last moment as i change my mind that much but the tapas could plan the whole weeks meals,plan the whole weeks entertainment,plan the tennis,plan the daytime creche around their me time...but just forgot(cough)to arrange the childrens night care...

So very organised....apart from the one detail that could make abduction possible

More from the link I posted above.

.....Previously in his statement, Matthew refers to having checked by listening at the shutters of apartments A, B and D, at 9.05pm, while he was out chivvying along the Paynes.

Matthew's rogatory interview:

4078 "Okay. So Gerry has gone off almost straight away after you got back?"

Reply "Yeah".

4078 "And then Jane followed him?"

Reply "Yeah. Now I don't remember that particularly well, I mean, I know from what discussion, it may be in my statement from months ago remembering better, but it wasn't unusual for people to be leaving the table to sort of check, so it doesn't stand out particularly in my mind. But I remember Gerry specifically going because I thought, well I've just checked (inaudible) and then, you know, well I hadn't been in so I couldn't really check and, you know, they're his kids, it was quite right that, if that's what he wants. But I don't particularly remember Jane doing that, but I might have done at the time, it's just it's now sort of faded because it didn't seem important”.

ETA: On the link I posted above, the blog title is "SUNDAY, 31 OCTOBER 2010
The Mystery of Madeleine according to Jane Tanner and Matthew Oldfield"

It's basically a comparison between Jane's and Matthew's initial statements on May 4th 2007 and their rogatories, how they contradict each other and how they contradict themselves.

A snip from MO's statement,
But I remember Gerry specifically going because I thought, well I've just checked (inaudible) and then, you know, well I hadn't been in so I couldn't really check and, you know, they're his kids, it was quite right that, if that's what he wants.

So here he says he checked but he hadn't been in. Fairly clear that. But then he has been in and seen twins breathing .
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Tue 17 Jul - 13:21

mariang wrote:It still doesnt account for all of the orders for 9 people being taken, cooked and served in such a small time frame...oh and as well as the up and down from the table that they were supposed to be doing? Or did they all pre order before hand?
Its all very fishy to me!
No one has commented on the table??

This photo from Pamalam's site shows round tables but they look as if they might have hinges so they could be 'dropped' to make square ones. Not sure though. The tables at the Paraiso where the tapas lot minus the McCs had tea around 5. 30. def. look square.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/New_view_from_Tappas_bar.jpg

The Last Meal - Page 2 New_view_from_Tappas_bar
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mariang Tue 17 Jul - 13:31

Well it would be a bit of a squash for 9 people to sit around those small tables wouldnt it??? Yes I have read textusa's theory - and whilst I find it hard to believe that no meals were taken in the tapas - there are oddities of the time frame and the table situation!

Everyone needs to be reinterviewed at length, including all staff and any guests that were staying there......cant see that costing 2million pounds!
mariang
mariang
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 142
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  mariang Tue 17 Jul - 13:33

To be honest, none of those tables look suitable for more than having a drink and a sandwich on!!!!
mariang
mariang
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 142
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 17 Jul - 13:52

mariang wrote:Well it would be a bit of a squash for 9 people to sit around those small tables wouldnt it??? Yes I have read textusa's theory - and whilst I find it hard to believe that no meals were taken in the tapas - there are oddities of the time frame and the table situation!

Everyone needs to be reinterviewed at length, including all staff and any guests that were staying there......cant see that costing 2million pounds!

Too late now mariang........it should have been done while the McCanns were still in Portugal and all the OC Staff still there before the end of the Season.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 17 Jul - 14:15

mariang wrote:

That'll be the Sea Bass.

One can become rather partial to it!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Last Meal - Page 2 Empty What a wag you are TEIN!

Post  comperedna Tue 17 Jul - 15:46

Speculation on this case will go on for ever... unless somebody who knows something definite decides to unburden his/her conscience... (unlikely). By now it is all buried deep in whoever's psyche with a mental 'do not open this file'
tag.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

The Last Meal - Page 2 Empty as above

Post  halfamo Tue 24 Jul - 16:58

mariang wrote:It still doesnt account for all of the orders for 9 people being taken, cooked and served in such a small time frame...oh and as well as the up and down from the table that they were supposed to be doing? Or did they all pre order before hand?
No one has commented on the table??

Did'nt they pre order amd did'nt Kate accuse the ocean club of leaving the book open so the abductor i use the term loosely could see it and know they were not at the apartment.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 24 Jul - 17:14

I thought it was two square tables joined together and one chair at the head of one of the Tables.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Tue 24 Jul - 23:19

Reply ”What did I see? Well Kate and Gerry, Gerry was absolutely, absolutely distraught, absolute, you know, I mean I’ve never heard a man make the noises he made, err and Kate, Kate was just err you can’t, you just can’t put into words how they were I mean they were just, I remember I went through into the room where err where Madeleine was sleeping and err and she said you know, somebody, you know, she’s been taken because she said that the shutters and that had been open, the window open. Err the twins were still asleep in the cot and I, with all the noise going on I don’t know how they slept through it which makes me think there was, they must have been err drugged with something.”

The thing that strikes me about this part of her statement is that Gerry was actually there in the apartment by the time she got back. I would have expected him to be shouting outside for Madeleine and running down the street one way and then back again the other direction and covering every single inch of PDL. I would not expect to find both of them in the apartment, wailing.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2