Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A photographer has told the Leveson Inquiry pictures he took of Kate and Gerry McCann...

+13
cherry1
T4two
margaret
almostgothic
cass
Lillyofthevalley
kathybelle
kitti
fuzeta
AnnaEsse
pennylane
interested
Annabel
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A photographer has told the Leveson Inquiry pictures he took of Kate and Gerry McCann... Empty A photographer has told the Leveson Inquiry pictures he took of Kate and Gerry McCann...

Post  Annabel Wed 18 Jul - 18:46

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/mccann-holiday-photos-appropriate-164120306.html

McCann holiday photos 'appropriate'

Press Association – 39 minutes ago [18 July 2012]

A phtographer has told the Leveson Inquiry pictures he took of Kate and Gerry McCann...

A photographer ohas told the Leveson Inquiry he thought finding and photographing the parents of missing Madeleine McCann when they were on holiday in Canada had been "appropriate".

Matthew Sprake, who runs a picture agency, said The People newspaper had asked him to cover Kate and Gerry McCann's first holiday "without Madeleine" in 2008 - the year after the little girl vanished while on holiday with her parents in Portugal.

Mr Sprake, 42, managing director of NewsPics and a former civilian photographer with the Metropolitan Police, suggested that publicity might help find Madeleine - who was three when she disappeared in Praia da Luz on May 3 2007.

"I have got to be careful what I say because of where we are," Mr Sprake told inquiry chairman Lord Justice Leveson. "The information came from a source close to the family. At the time I thought it was appropriate."

He added: "With the McCanns there was feeling by keeping Madeleine in the news it was helpful to the cause of finding Madeleine."

Mr Sprake said he had been sent to Canada by The People and had worked with a People journalist.

Asked what his "brief" had been, he said: "The McCanns were going on holiday for the first time without Madeleine. To find them. Photograph them."

Mr Sprake said he had taken photographs at Vancouver airport and said he had not "set up" the photographs.

"I would not know whether something had been set up with a newspaper, by an agent," said Mr Sprake. "The set of pictures we got at the airport were not set up by me."

Mr and Mrs McCann gave evidence to the Leveson Inquiry in November, when they told Lord Justice Leveson that they had been "hemmed in" by journalists after leaving Portugal and returning to their home in Rothley, Leicestershire, following Madeleine's disappearance.

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
A photographer has told the Leveson Inquiry pictures he took of Kate and Gerry McCann... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A photographer has told the Leveson Inquiry pictures he took of Kate and Gerry McCann... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

A photographer has told the Leveson Inquiry pictures he took of Kate and Gerry McCann... Empty Re: A photographer has told the Leveson Inquiry pictures he took of Kate and Gerry McCann...

Post  pennylane Wed 18 Jul - 18:52

Thanx Annabel xx

"I have got to be careful what I say because of where we are," Mr Sprake told inquiry chairman Lord Justice Leveson. "The information came from a source close to the family. At the time I thought it was appropriate."

That's a toughy! A photographer has told the Leveson Inquiry pictures he took of Kate and Gerry McCann... 912418
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
A photographer has told the Leveson Inquiry pictures he took of Kate and Gerry McCann... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A photographer has told the Leveson Inquiry pictures he took of Kate and Gerry McCann... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

A photographer has told the Leveson Inquiry pictures he took of Kate and Gerry McCann... Empty Re: A photographer has told the Leveson Inquiry pictures he took of Kate and Gerry McCann...

Post  almostgothic Wed 18 Jul - 19:02

Mr and Mrs McCann gave evidence to the Leveson Inquiry in November, when they told Lord Justice Leveson that they had been "hemmed in" by journalists after leaving Portugal and returning to their home in Rothley, Leicestershire, following Madeleine's disappearance.

So 'hemmed in' in fact, that they were able to holiday in Canada and allow their 'source' to relay that fact to The People ...

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 18 Jul - 19:22

Were the pictures ever published does anyone know? My bet is CM was the source and it was probably to make Canada aware of their presence.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 18 Jul - 19:28

Panda wrote:

Were the pictures ever published does anyone know? My bet is CM was the source and it was probably to make Canada aware of their presence.

I've seen the Canadian airport pictures.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 18 Jul - 19:31

Last edited by almostgothic on Wed 18 Jul - 19:35; edited 1 time in total
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 18 Jul - 19:33

Yes that's the one I was thinking of almostgothic. Thanks xx A photographer has told the Leveson Inquiry pictures he took of Kate and Gerry McCann... 944533
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 18 Jul - 19:37

pennylane wrote:Yes that's the one I was thinking of almostgothic. Thanks xx A photographer has told the Leveson Inquiry pictures he took of Kate and Gerry McCann... 944533

You're welcome - I've just added more in a link from McCannfiles.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 18 Jul - 19:39

I remember seeing photos in the local (Toronto, Canada) papers and it is my recollection that the pictures were of the McCanns departing from Vancouver at the end of their visit with Kate's aunt. I do recall, on that same visit/holiday, the McCanns met with the wife of the Anglican minister (Hubbard, I think) who was residing in British Columbia at the time.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Wed 18 Jul - 19:41

The headline is completely misleading of course since it was the second holiday without Maddie as I recall.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 18 Jul - 19:46

Thanks almostgothic, I must say they look a lot younger in the pics, especially Gerry. I remember reading that they spent Christmas 2007 in Yorkshire with Kate's Cousin Michael and thought then it would have been nice to let the children have Christmas in their own Home after being in Portugal for
such a long time.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 18 Jul - 22:37

almostgothic wrote:Mr and Mrs McCann gave evidence to the Leveson Inquiry in November, when they told Lord Justice Leveson that they had been "hemmed in" by journalists after leaving Portugal and returning to their home in Rothley, Leicestershire, following Madeleine's disappearance.

So 'hemmed in' in fact, that they were able to holiday in Canada and allow their 'source' to relay that fact to The People ...

So reluctant for the press to be there that Gerry phoned Sky News before they left giving the time of their flight and saying 'be on it.'
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Wed 18 Jul - 22:50

"I have got to be careful what I say because of where we are"

A photographer has told the Leveson Inquiry pictures he took of Kate and Gerry McCann... 29204 what the hell does this guy mean by this??????
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 18 Jul - 22:56

AnnaEsse wrote:
almostgothic wrote:Mr and Mrs McCann gave evidence to the Leveson Inquiry in November, when they told Lord Justice Leveson that they had been "hemmed in" by journalists after leaving Portugal and returning to their home in Rothley, Leicestershire, following Madeleine's disappearance.

So reluctant for the press to be there that Gerry phoned Sky News before they left giving the time of their flight and saying 'be on it.'

Did he really say that? what puzzles me is why they didn't contact The Sun or Daily Express. I would love to see them off-camera , if they have split was it amicable? The abiding memory I have of them is in the early days when they were being interviewed on T.V. and Kate squeezed a few tears.
Gerry made no move to comfort her, just stared straight ahead , stony faced.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 18 Jul - 22:56

Lillyofthevalley wrote:"I have got to be careful what I say because of where we are"

A photographer has told the Leveson Inquiry pictures he took of Kate and Gerry McCann... 29204 what the hell does this guy mean by this??????

Well, he wouldn't want to be saying anything negative about the McCanns, the poster people for Leveson, would he?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 18 Jul - 23:04

Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Did he really say that? what puzzles me is why they didn't contact The Sun or Daily Express. I would love to see them off-camera , if they have split was it amicable? The abiding memory I have of them is in the early days when they were being interviewed on T.V. and Kate squeezed a few tears.

He really did say that!

It was time to go home, Gerry decided by September 9. But not alone.

When Gerry and Kate were about to go home to Britain, Gerry phoned Sky News and said, ‘We’re going home on EasyJet, be on it!’ ” recalls Esther Addley, who has written incisively about the McCanns for The Guardian.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/02/mccanns200802

Scroll to page 5.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 18 Jul - 23:27

Lillyofthevalley wrote:"I have got to be careful what I say because of where we are"

Protecting his sleazy source ?
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 18 Jul - 23:29

pennylane wrote:

Protecting his sleazy source ?

Probably!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 18 Jul - 23:34

Thanks AnnaEsse, I hadn't read this before, very interesting Article.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 18 Jul - 23:39

Panda wrote:

Thanks AnnaEsse, I hadn't read this before, very interesting Article.

A good one, I think and not all positive about the McCanns.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Wed 18 Jul - 23:40

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

He really did say that!

It was time to go home, Gerry decided by September 9. But not alone.

When Gerry and Kate were about to go home to Britain, Gerry phoned Sky News and said, ‘We’re going home on EasyJet, be on it!’ ” recalls Esther Addley, who has written incisively about the McCanns for The Guardian.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/02/mccanns200802

Scroll to page 5.

I remember that, I also remember Sky news reported at the time " they were sat across the aisle from each other and when the plane lifted from the ground they looked across at each other and smiled"

I expect that they thought any minute they would be stopped from leaving.

If you think about them saying that they would not leave until Madeleine was found, tears would have been more appropriate!
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 19 Jul - 0:02

Would they have left so soon if they had not become arguidos?? It was said they were intending to leave anyway but we only have their word which as we know cannot be trusted.

I definitely think we will have end-game on this case and suspect the McCanns have already signed a film Contract . which Film Stars would you pick
to play them?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 19 Jul - 7:30

I don't think you will find any english actors to play them..
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 19 Jul - 7:33

And I don't think the is anywhere on this planet they can hide.....the world wide campaign they set up has put paid to that.

Going to canada won't end it.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 19 Jul - 7:51

kitti wrote:And I don't think the is anywhere on this planet they can hide.....the world wide campaign they set up has put paid to that.

Going to canada won't end it.

Morning kitti, actually I think Kate and the twins could because she is known as Healy not McCann and give it one year of no mention of Madeleine or
the McCanns and people abroad will have forgotten about the case. The Benets had to move to another State because everyone thought them guilty of Jonbenet's demise but there are still many who think the McCanns innocent.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next