Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tanner and Murat knew each other?

+10
Lillyofthevalley
jd16
LJC
marxman
T4two
dazedandconfused
BelEddie
Badboy
meg
Loopdaloop
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tanner and Murat knew each other? Empty Tanner and Murat knew each other?

Post  BelEddie Thu 19 Jul - 20:41

Read this on Jillhaven a few minutes ago!

Bizarre comment from someone in the pub
bristow Today at 2:47 pm

I have purposely written 'pub' in my heading so as not to give this thread too much credence as the following was said to me in a pub/restaurant yesterday. Have been in two minds whether to post this as it sounds like it could be a load of tosh.

After re-reading the Burgau thread a couple of days ago I have been thinking about the Murat/Tanner dna issue and while having a meal yesterday was discussing it with a couple of friends.
On the next table were a couple of chaps (one who claimed he was ex cid) who were obviously listening to our conversation, one of them then said that it was 'quite well known' that Tanner and Murat were related!!
I tried to push him on the subject, he did seem to know his stuff to a degree, knew about the dna etc and seemed to have a lot of knowledge on PDL but wouldn't elaborate on where he got his opinion from.
He didn't appear to have been drinking and left not too long after the comment,. so feel rather baffled to say the least.

Has anyone else heard of this snippet before now?

ETA this is not my opinion (at the moment anyway!)

bristow

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5322-bizarre-comment-from-someone-in-the-pub
BelEddie
BelEddie
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 145
Warning :
Tanner and Murat knew each other? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tanner and Murat knew each other? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-08-03

Back to top Go down

Tanner and Murat knew each other? Empty Re: Tanner and Murat knew each other?

Post  Guest Thu 19 Jul - 20:56

The genealogy experts are on the case as we speak! I know that Kikoraton (the phone records expert) was hoping to find evidence of calls between the two prior to 3rd May but I haven't heard anything more about that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Thu 19 Jul - 21:24

BelEddie wrote:Read this on Jillhaven a few minutes ago!

Bizarre comment from someone in the pub
bristow Today at 2:47 pm

I have purposely written 'pub' in my heading so as not to give this thread too much credence as the following was said to me in a pub/restaurant yesterday. Have been in two minds whether to post this as it sounds like it could be a load of tosh.

After re-reading the Burgau thread a couple of days ago I have been thinking about the Murat/Tanner dna issue and while having a meal yesterday was discussing it with a couple of friends.
On the next table were a couple of chaps (one who claimed he was ex cid) who were obviously listening to our conversation, one of them then said that it was 'quite well known' that Tanner and Murat were related!!
I tried to push him on the subject, he did seem to know his stuff to a degree, knew about the dna etc and seemed to have a lot of knowledge on PDL but wouldn't elaborate on where he got his opinion from.
He didn't appear to have been drinking and left not too long after the comment,. so feel rather baffled to say the least.

Has anyone else heard of this snippet before now?

ETA this is not my opinion (at the moment anyway!)

bristow

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5322-bizarre-comment-from-someone-in-the-pub

The Pub and the Office are the two last bastions of free speech on this. It would not surprise me if that man was telling the truth.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :
Tanner and Murat knew each other? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tanner and Murat knew each other? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  meg Thu 19 Jul - 21:33

1 of the persistent hints has always been to look for who they were related to, I always presumed they mean't the McCann family but maybe not

Last edited by meg on Thu 19 Jul - 21:36; edited 1 time in total
meg
meg
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 75
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 19 Jul - 21:34

Why would Jane Tanner finger Murat if they were related? Hot only her, 3 others from the Tapas group.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  meg Thu 19 Jul - 21:37

Panda wrote:
Why would Jane Tanner finger Murat if they were related? Hot only her, 3 others from the Tapas group.

Maybe he wasn't playing ball and JT had more to lose than a distant relation?
meg
meg
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 19 Jul - 21:53

meg wrote:
Panda wrote:

They both lived in Exeter until Murat moved back to Portugal. There is the rumour that some time after Tanner and OBrien returned from PDL the Police
called and took away a sweater, that's what it is , a rumour and so is this theory about Tanner and Murat. Sorry. Tanner and Murat knew each other? Icon_flower
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  meg Thu 19 Jul - 21:57

You're probably right i just like to explore all options because there is obviously a very important piece of
information being witheld from the general public
meg
meg
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 19 Jul - 22:15

meg wrote:You're probably right i just like to explore all options because there is obviously a very important piece of
information being witheld from the general public

meg, I suspect there has been a lot of goings on we will never know about, especially Government "help" for the McCanns. Maybe some day, if the McCanns get charged with anything the Press will leave "no stone unturned" to dig up the dirt. Tanner and Murat knew each other? 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 19 Jul - 22:21

Wasn't there some talk of them being related through the Symingtons?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 19 Jul - 22:22

IT IS SAID THAT JANE TANNER HAD RELATIVES WHO LIVED IN PDL AREA.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Tanner and Murat knew each other? Empty Sory?

Post  BelEddie Fri 20 Jul - 3:17

Panda wrote:
meg wrote:
Panda wrote:

They both lived in Exeter until Murat moved back to Portugal. There is the rumour that some time after Tanner and OBrien returned from PDL the Police
called and took away a sweater, that's what it is , a rumour and so is this theory about Tanner and Murat. Sorry. Tanner and Murat knew each other? Icon_flower

A rumour, that answer could just about apply to this whole fairy tale.
BelEddie
BelEddie
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 145
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 20 Jul - 6:35

BelEddie wrote:
Panda wrote:
meg wrote:
Panda wrote:

Yes,I agree......which is why we need to take a reality check at times and accept we know very little but speculate a lot.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Fri 20 Jul - 11:46

They say you have to speculate to accumulate, but not sure what we're accumulating is going to get us any further forward. If I didn't know this was a real life crime, I would think the whole thing too far fetched to be believable.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 20 Jul - 12:01

Panda wrote:
BelEddie wrote:
Panda wrote:
meg wrote:
Panda wrote:

Yes,I agree......which is why we need to take a reality check at times and accept we know very little but speculate a lot.

Yes, and the McCanns could put a stop to most of the speculation tomorrow. Just like that.

48 questions, ask for case to be reopened (all it takes is a stamp), polygraph test.
Only they won't. Instead, they shut down blogs and forums. They sue anyone who speculates. But still they can't put a stop to it.

Now why would that be?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Fri 20 Jul - 13:18

I agree that there will be coppers out there that will happily speak about the case, but the ones that dont speak to much are the ones I probably would trust more, if you know what I mean, the ones that would blab for england I pronbaly would just think they are talking b***s**t Tanner and Murat knew each other? 25346
I remember when my son and his partner visited Edinburgh, they spoke to a Scot Yard PO, my sons girlfriend told the PO of my interest in the Mccann case and he said that it isn't looking good for docs , that was back in Jan/Feb time, I asked my sons G/friend why she didn't persue it more and she said my son told her to shut up, but she did say that the copper didn't what to discuss it either, so it was left at that, they both said that they totaly believed him and that he was very genuine guy.

So yes this pub guy, could be genuine! imo.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 20 Jul - 13:22

Methinks they protest too much ..............
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 20 Jul - 16:27

I think the McCanns have used up the goodwill of so many and must secretly be worried about what, if anything new the SY review will reveal.

Maybe they have reason to fear returning to PDL which is why they are asking for a video link
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Fri 20 Jul - 16:30

Panda wrote:

This is one the biggest questions for me in this scam, why did they all turn and point the finger at Murat (its clear someone somewhere was trying to set him up). And why is SB still trying to do it 5 years on
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Fri 20 Jul - 17:03

jd16 wrote:
Panda wrote:

This is one the biggest questions for me in this scam, why did they all turn and point the finger at Murat (its clear someone somewhere was trying to set him up). And why is SB still trying to do it 5 years on

But is SB trying to set Murat up? Does having a body buried under your drive automatically make you an abductor/murderer? Isn't that a bit too simple? By the way, if someone reported to the police that I had a body buried under my drive I cannot imagine the police not popping round to take a look. So why aren't they? And if that someone was giving interviews to the press about it, I do not think that I would announce that I was suing him for trespass but would definitely take a more serious view of it and act pretty quickly to shut him up and scotch whatever was going on. So, why isn't that happening?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 20 Jul - 17:15

jd16 wrote:
Panda wrote:

Hi jd16........I tend to think it was a panic reaction by the Tapas group . suggesting Murat was outside 5a on the night Madeleine disappeared. This
took the pressure off them at the time because they knew they all left their children alone every night., not just the McCanns. Whether they knew Murat before the holiday is debateable Gerry's reaction at the Airport when asked if he knew Murat was strange "no comment" suggests he did know him
possibly when Gerry was playing Golf in Portugal a few years before.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Fri 20 Jul - 17:16

T4two wrote:
But is SB trying to set Murat up? Does having a body buried under your drive automatically make you an abductor/murderer? Isn't that a bit too simple? By the way, if someone reported to the police that I had a body buried under my drive I cannot imagine the police not popping round to take a look. So why aren't they? And if that someone was giving interviews to the press about it, I do not think that I would announce that I was suing him for trespass but would definitely take a more serious view of it and act pretty quickly to shut him up and scotch whatever was going on. So, why isn't that happening?

I honestly don't know what SB is up to. I am 50/50 on it at the moment, except the 'timing' with the ambassador role is curious. But what I do see is Murat being dragged back into the frame again with the claim of Maddie's body in his driveway, whether true or not. Even if SB says he is not pointing any suspicions on Murat, he is indirectly doing so by claiming of a body in his driveway, even though I agree this does not automatically make you an abductor/murderer. But it is getting in peoples minds again with Murat. Why Murat hasn't sued anybody (except for some papers) is a complete mystery. Lori campbell and jane tanner would be top of my list for libels, they don't have a leg to stand on, CR protected or not
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Fri 20 Jul - 17:28

jd16 wrote:
T4two wrote:

I honestly don't know what SB is up to. I am 50/50 on it at the moment, except the 'timing' with the ambassador role is curious. But what I do see is Murat being dragged back into the frame again with the claim of Maddie's body in his driveway, whether true or not. Even if SB says he is not pointing any suspicions on Murat, he is indirectly doing so by claiming of a body in his driveway, even though I agree this does not automatically make you an abductor/murderer. But it is getting in peoples minds again with Murat. Why Murat hasn't sued anybody (except for some papers) is a complete mystery. Lori campbell and jane tanner would be top of my list for libels, they don't have a leg to stand on, CR protected or not

Yes, and now Birch - but Murat still doesn't take appropriate action - which leaves the whole thing wide open to speculation and the finger pointing at him through insinuation as you say. Then there are of course the parents, who are so sure of themselves that they dismiss it out of hand and ask who is this Birch person anyway? At the same time their Portuguese lawyer is telling the Portuguese police that they should be investigating it.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Fri 20 Jul - 17:32

Panda wrote:
Hi jd16........I tend to think it was a panic reaction by the Tapas group . suggesting Murat was outside 5a on the night Madeleine disappeared. This
took the pressure off them at the time because they knew they all left their children alone every night., not just the McCanns. Whether they knew Murat before the holiday is debateable Gerry's reaction at the Airport when asked if he knew Murat was strange "no comment" suggests he did know him
possibly when Gerry was playing Golf in Portugal a few years before.

Hi Panda. Yes Gerry's reaction at the Airport when asked if he knew Murat was so strange.... "no comment" suggests he did know him...most definitely & without much doubt. Did he say it at the airport too? as he said it in a press conference as well when Sandra Felgueiras asked him this question (Sandra did many TV interviews with the mccanns and seemed to have exclusive access to them in Portugal)

Personally I think it was a lot more than a panic reaction by the Tapas 9, it smacks to me of a set up. for example, in Russell O'Brien's RI on 10th April 2008, he goes into some detail about Murat being there on the night

"Erm, and, erm, at this point, you know, there was, erm, you know, other conversations, you know, this is where I believe I had my first meeting and conversations with, with, with Robert MURAT, he’d helped break up a little bit of a, of a fracas between a couple of guests and the, and the Police, the couple of Police who were, who were there and were standing outside the apartment or just a little bit up from it, erm, and, erm, they weren’t, they weren’t visibly doing very much and I think a couple of the, either British ex-pats who live there or tourists, one of whom, they were both in kind of their fifties, if I remember rightly, they were getting quite, quite mouthy, they were quite, they had a very clear idea of what they thought that should be done and, erm, at one point they were, they were saying this quite loudly to, to, you know, a couple of members of the GNR whose English obviously wasn’t good enough to hear a, a shouted colloquial rant in English at them, erm, and I’ve a recollection of, of, of MURAT sort of saying, you know, ‘Hang on guys they can’t understand you’, you know, being actually very helpful and that is my recollection of him on the night, that he came across as concerned, like a lot of people, you know, said ‘I’ve got a daughter the same sort of age, this is terrible, this is terrible’, helping defuse the situation with, with the, erm, with the, erm, with a couple of members of the GNR. I had another conversation,.......

I mean, over, I’m not entirely sure what sort of timescale this is, I think my original statements said this was all around one am, but it’s all a little bit of a blur, erm, I had a few other conversations with him, erm, either round the back of the apartments, erm, I mean, he was saying that, you know, again, sort of console here, very consolatory kind of comments which were, which a lot of people were saying to anyone who they knew was part of the group, erm, and one thing he did make a mention of was, you know, it was something about Norfolk, which I believe is where he his, his, his wife and kid live and he said there was, you know, there was a case a few, a few years back, erm, of someone went missing and then they turned up, they may have turned up hundreds of miles away, but, you know, they were unharmed, they were safe. Again, you know, the kind of thing that most people were quite happy to, happy to hear and, you know, I didn’t have any, any great sort of suspicion about him on the night, in fact, he didn’t feature in any of our statements on the first or the second attempt, erm, I know Fiona and Rachael have much more vehement views on what he was like, they found him a little, you know, different, but, from my point of view, he was, he was just helping like a number of other individuals and, erm, and being fluent in Portuguese was, was obviously a big help on such a night. Erm, he also sort of gave the impression that he might have done some Police work before and, to be fair, I probably didn’t know at the time but now I don’t know whether he was referring to translation work that he’d done with the Portuguese Police here or whether he’d been involved in translating for, for Police in Britain, you know, in the opposite direction, but I’ve got this vague, vague now recollection of some kind of conversation on that, on that, erm, on that level. "

If you read all the GNR statements, they all say without exception that Robert Murat was never there!!!! Someone is lying heavily and I would trust the GNR over any Tapas member! The only person outside of the Tapas 9 who claimed murat was there on the night is the infamous Charlotte Pennington, who just happened to be on the same flight over and airport bus as some of the Tapas 9 on April 28th 2007!! She is another topic all together!

jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Fri 20 Jul - 17:36

T4two wrote:

Yes, and now Birch - but Murat still doesn't take appropriate action - which leaves the whole thing wide open to speculation and the finger pointing at him through insinuation as you say. Then there are of course the parents, who are so sure of themselves that they dismiss it out of hand and ask who is this Birch person anyway? At the same time their Portuguese lawyer is telling the Portuguese police that they should be investigating it.

A gerry mccann quote comes to mind "confusion is good'!!! I agree with you and am waiting for more information to try and gage what this SB theory is really about. If anything so far, the mccanns have proven that they are very much not turning stones in their 'search''. Their time is spent getting ambassador roles instead!! what did Maddie ever do to have such vile parents as them
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next