Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

The McCanns being interviewed 1 year on

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The McCanns being interviewed 1 year on

Post  Panda on Thu 2 Aug - 12:54



Don't mince your words kathybelle, feel free.

These were two Professional people who obviously wanted children and when they married I think in 1998 lost little
time in trying before having IVF in Holland and Madeleine was born in 2000. Because Kate was about 36, they decided to have another child and probably did not envisage twins. Kate conceived for the twins11 months after Madeleine was born . I know from experience that my elder son , three years old when his brother was born was very jealous and played
up a lot. It looks as though Madeleine was demanding, the expense of having 3 children , Kate being unable to work
full time , Gerry busy working on his thesis for the British Heart Foundation , playing golf and taking on private Patients,
moving to a bigger House set the scene for I think a troubled marriage.

As you say, Kate, an only child was probably spoilt as was Gerry, the youngest in his family and when they went on holiday they both regarded it as THEIR holiday, not a Family holiday. There was also an element of sloppy parenting that
they did not take a Baby Monitor and Buggy , but I wouldn't say they didn't love their children .

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The McCanns being interviewed 1 year on

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Thu 2 Aug - 13:07

A minor correction there, Panda.

Madeleine was of course born in 2003.

I think that the reality of caring for children 24/7 can be a shock to the system for many people - it certainly was for me and I only had one child who was actually no major problem. Now is a different story though!

I was as green as the grass and believed everything that the so-called experts wrote in books about baby care. It didn't take me long to throw them all in the dustbin and thankfully a bit of common sense kicked in.

Kate certainly does give the impression of wanting everyone and everything to meet her expectations and thus is likely to have had problems with her children.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: The McCanns being interviewed 1 year on

Post  Keela on Thu 2 Aug - 13:13

Kathybelle, every point made valid.

Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2302
Age : 63
Location : Darkened room, hoping for the best.
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The McCanns being interviewed 1 year on

Post  tigger on Thu 2 Aug - 13:51

kathybelle wrote:
Panda wrote:
Morning kathybelle,

A statement from an OC Barman says he was meant to close the Bar at 11.30pm but the Tapas Group were there until
11.45pm one night, which must have been the night Madeleine was crying. As far as I know, the McCanns were never
asked directly about Mrs. Fenns statement which was why the McCanns kept repeating their claim that Madeleine said
"Mummy , why didn't you come when Sean and I were crying".

In that video, at certain points Gerry gulps and his Adam's Apple moves and it looks like he is trying to compose himself.
I do think he loved Madeleine and whatever happened to Madeleine I think he blames Kate . Not saying Kate didn't love
Madeleine and the twins but she resented the fact that Gerry was not much help .

Good morning Panda

I must be as hard as nails or I'm missing a point, because I cannot see how the McCanns had an ounce of love for their children, given their behaviour towards them and their behaviour after Madeleine went missing. Especially the part where they used Madeleine as a cash cow.

I've said it before the McCanns have acted like a pair of petulant toddlers and they have been backed up by their families. The pair of them have been used to having their own way when they were growing up and it shows in the way they have acted when they've given their media interviews.

If Gerry wasn't around to help with the kids, neither was Kate. Kate worked 1½ days per week, Madeleine was in nursery for around 3 days a week and the twins were in a creche for part of the week. Kate's mother said she regularly went to her daughter's home, to help with the children, because Kate was finding it hard to cope, with Madeleine, who was a difficult child. Was Madeleine difficult? Or was she just a typical toddler who was fighting for her mother's love and was jealous of these two tiny intruders, who had come into her home, uninvited by her.

I'm not being funny, but Kate herself said that Madeleine was a difficult baby, because of colic she suffered from. However knowing how hard work Madeleine was, along with her husband, she decided to have more IVF treatment, knowing full well that there would have been two babies in the house who she couldn't cope with and who were both in nappies. As it turned out there were 3 babies who she couldn't cope with.

All of us who have had children, or been around children, know that rearing children isn't easy especially when they are the ages the McCanns children were. However the McCanns probably had more day to day help than a lot of other mothers who have to cope with children without much help from their partners. They could have afforded to put their children in the nursery/creche 5 days a week if Kate was finding it so hard to cope with the children, especially difficult Madeleine.

When Madeleine first disappeared, none of this family had a good word to say about her, they stressed all of her so called bad points, which in my mind were just normal toddler behaviour.

Kate bleated on about how Madeleine, would follow her around the house screaming for her attention and trying to climb on her knee, when she was trying to feed the twins. Gerry's mother said that child could throw a tantrum when she didn't get her own way, in fact Gerry's mother said in the video "Eileen McCann and Brian Kennedy in Rothley" which wasn't long after Madeleine disappeared, how uplifted Gerry was, regarding the fighting fund. Then of course you have Kate's mother saying how she had to regularly go to her daughter's home to help look after the children.

I failed to see why they all spoke of Madeleine this way, there was nothing about how much love they felt for Madeleine. Maybe because they had very little love for her.

To get back to the time Madeleine disappeared, I would have thought the McCanns would have wanted the twins around them as much as possible. However, this wasn't the case, they put the twins in the creche, within days of Madeleine's disappearance. Sean and Amelie, weren't put in the creche, while their parents got on with the job of looking for Madeleine, they were put in the creche, so their parents could get on with their leisure activities. They were even put in the creche, when family and friends came to stay with the McCanns.

Maybe the twins were glad to be in the creche, it must have been hard for them to be around their neurotic parents, who weren't neurotic because Madeleine disappeared, they were neurotic because of their inflated egos.

On that so called family holiday, the McCanns spent more time with their friends than they did with their children. Nothing changed after Madeleine disappeared and I can't see things being much different 5yrs on. The McCanns care more about their so called celebrity status, than they do about being a family.

Sorry about the rant Panda.


Kathybelle: this is exactly how I feel about them. The general feeling I get is that Maddie was a burden, not a bundle of joy. My nephew and his wife are coping with a baby who has eczema very badly - neither of them gets enough sleep, it's a 24 hour job and yet they love the little chap madly. They don't have to say it, it's just evident in all they do and say.
I'm personally convinced that Maddie had a medical or psychological condition that needed a lot of attention. I don't see a healthy child in many, many photographs so that might have been yet another failure on her part to be the perfect baby, the mini-me of 'perfect' Kate.

tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Age : 50
Location : The Hague
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: The McCanns being interviewed 1 year on

Post  Panda on Thu 2 Aug - 13:59

Not Born Yesterday wrote:A minor correction there, Panda.

Madeleine was of course born in 2003.

I think that the reality of caring for children 24/7 can be a shock to the system for many people - it certainly was for me and I only had one child who was actually no major problem. Now is a different story though!

I was as green as the grass and believed everything that the so-called experts wrote in books about baby care. It didn't take me long to throw them all in the dustbin and thankfully a bit of common sense kicked in.

Kate certainly does give the impression of wanting everyone and everything to meet her expectations and thus is likely to have had problems with her children.

Yes, your'e right , maybe it was 2000 she started the IVF treatment. Anyway, I can sympathisw with her in some ways, but not for the way the Parents spent so little time with their offspring while on the holiday. I copied a photo of them
in PDL . kate has on the famous check trousers and a Grey T shirt and they are walking along on the pavement and Gerry
is looking at Kate and obviously having a row with her and she really looks cowed. I tried to copy and paste it here but it
doesn't work.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The McCanns being interviewed 1 year on

Post  duncanmac on Thu 2 Aug - 14:34

wjk wrote:
tigger wrote:
wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:Mrs Fenn, the McCanns neighbour, reported that Madeleine had cried for her father between 22.30 and 23.45. The evidence shows that Kate McCann was in Apartment 5A 14 minutes before Madeleine started crying. Tuesday 1st May 2007 is the only night (except, of course, for Thursday 3rd May 2007) that either of the McCanns or any of their friends made calls after dinner.

This means no one checked on the children for an hour abd a quarter and Madeleine must have been awake when the
McCanns returned from the Bar. How could they then say that Madeleine asked them the following morning why they
didn't come when she was crying.?

Yes, heres Mrs Fenns statement where she says it.
http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t8609-statement-of-mrs-fenn

Kate's telephone pings show that her phone was very busy in those 14 minutes, only 2 minutes after the phone activity stopped, the crying began.
My god! Yet the PJ were not allowed to use this info!


It was clarified on this forum along time ago that the phone pings can only prove that KM was in PDL at the time of those phone calls. It is not possible to say she was in the apartment. She could have been at the Tapas, Chaplins, jogging or down at the beach for all we know, there is no way of proving she was in the apartment when they were made.


duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: The McCanns being interviewed 1 year on

Post  Panda on Thu 2 Aug - 15:01


Hi duncanmac,

I remember the Portugese Prosecutor going to Court to ask if the phone information could be used but was told it was an intrusion. Presumably there was enough info to suggest the McCanns were guilty of something , I can't understand why it could not be used since the McCanns were adamant it was an abduction so if phone evidence proved it wasn't it seems
absurd not to use it.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The McCanns being interviewed 1 year on

Post  tigger on Thu 2 Aug - 17:31

duncanmac wrote:
wjk wrote:
tigger wrote:
wjk wrote:

Yes, heres Mrs Fenns statement where she says it.
http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t8609-statement-of-mrs-fenn

Kate's telephone pings show that her phone was very busy in those 14 minutes, only 2 minutes after the phone activity stopped, the crying began.
My god! Yet the PJ were not allowed to use this info!


It was clarified on this forum along time ago that the phone pings can only prove that KM was in PDL at the time of those phone calls. It is not possible to say she was in the apartment. She could have been at the Tapas, Chaplins, jogging or down at the beach for all we know, there is no way of proving she was in the apartment when they were made.


As they all agreed they never took their mobiles to the Tapas - it's not likely that Kate had these six quick-fire calls there. Chaplins and jogging are out imo.
They would all be at the Tapas bar at that time, Happy Hour at Chaplins didn't start till later - I think after the Tapas closed. There's no record of jogging at that time and it's extremely unlikely.
Kate McCann mobile phone activity 01 May 2007
Mobile phone activity:

10:16:42, 11:56:06, 12:17:21,
19:45:03, 20:31:31, 20:33:32,
20:35:58, 20:37:24, 22:16:15,
22:23:15, 22:23:28, 22:24:22,
22:25:36 and 22:27:50

The crying started at 22.30

tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Age : 50
Location : The Hague
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: The McCanns being interviewed 1 year on

Post  wjk on Thu 2 Aug - 19:37

How interesting would it be to know who's number she was calling?

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: The McCanns being interviewed 1 year on

Post  duncanmac on Thu 2 Aug - 20:46

So how does this prove KM was in the apartment at the time of the phone calls ?
The phone pings only confirm the phone was used in PDL.
The Tapas 7 never said they did not take phones to the Tapas, that quote came from CM and he has been proved to be a bigger liar than the leader of the miners union in 1984.

duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: The McCanns being interviewed 1 year on

Post  tigger on Thu 2 Aug - 21:04

From McCannfiles 4/12/2008 Paulo Reis:
quote:

On Tuesday 1st May 2007, Gerald McCann's handset was silent all day. Kate McCann's mobile first activated the Luz antenna at 10.16, but all details of the day's calls have been deleted from the handset and there is no nothing in the CD from her mobile provider. Another activation took place at 12.17. The crèche records show that Gerald McCann picked up Madeleine at 12.20 (a bit earlier than usual) but Kate McCann’s call at 12.17 does not appear to have been to him, (because his mobile was not activated at all that day). Kate McCann dealt with her last call before leaving for the Tapas Bar at 20.35.

At around 8.45pm on Tuesday 1st May 2007, Miss Nejoua Chekeya, the Ocean Club's busty Aerobics Instructor, held a "Quiz Night" and was later invited, allegedly by Gerald McCann, to join his table which she did sometime between 9.30pm and 9.50pm. She did not say how long she had remained with them, but she is not the sort of woman men would wish see to leave too quickly. Miss Chekeya stated that one dinner setting was unused and that she could not remember seeing Kate McCann.

However, both Jane Tanner and Russell O'Brien have stated that he did not go to the Tapas Bar on the "Quiz Night" (ie Tuesday 1st May 2007), but had stayed in their room looking after his sick daughter. Jane Tanner took his dinner to the room; thus explaining the unused plate setting. Russell O'Brien was not asked by either the Policia Judiciaria or Leicestershire Police whether he had heard Madeleine crying!

Kate McCann's mobile was next activated six times, in rapid fire, between 22.16 and 22.27, after she had returned to Apartment 5A after dinner. The antenna traffic proves that these calls were not made to any of the "Tapas 9".

The evidence from the call logs gives the strongest clue that the "Tapas 9" left their telephones in their rooms when they went to dinner. Clarence Mitchell, the McCann's spokesperson, confirmed this. In an interview, reported on 6th April 2008 by Ned Temko of "The Guardian", Mr Mitchell said: "You had nine people in a bar without watches on, without mobile phones and absolute panic set in when they realised what had happened…. We would say that, if the police had a perfect time line across nine people, that would be a damn sight more suspicious than the fractured, illogical, composite statements they might have got"

Mrs Fenn, the McCann's neighbour, reported that Madeleine had cried for her father between 22.30 and 23.45. The evidence shows that Kate McCann was in Apartment 5A 14 minutes before Madeleine started crying. Tuesday 1st May 2007 is the only night (except, of course, for Thursday 3rd May 2007) that either of the McCanns or any of their friends made calls after dinner.

Mrs McCann volunteered to the PJ that on the night of Wednesday 2nd May 2007, she had slept in the spare bed in her children's room because her husband had not paid her enough attention over dinner. Or put another way, does she mean the amorous Scot was paying someone else (like Miss Chekeya) too much attention, causing her to stomp out of the Tapas Bar before him: ultimately leading to the spare bed in a strop? Gerald McCann said he thought the reason his wife had slept in the children's bedroom was because of his snoring and that he did not even bother asking her the following morning what the problem was.

Could it be that their timings are wrong by 24 hours and that Kate McCann's nocturnal shenanigans took place on the night of Tuesday 1st May 2007? It would fit, but why be untruthful about it? A possible reason is that they wanted to conceal both Kate McCann's state of mind and the fact that she had returned to Apartment 5A, just before Madeleine's cried for help.

unquote

tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Age : 50
Location : The Hague
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: The McCanns being interviewed 1 year on

Post  matthew on Thu 2 Aug - 22:13

Kate went back to the apartment angry...the Mccanns never called Madeleine Maddie...Mrs Fenn heard a child crying daddy


matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Age : 43
Location : holywell
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: The McCanns being interviewed 1 year on

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:25


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum