Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Politicians.....respect for them is gone

3 posters

Go down

Politicians.....respect for them is gone Empty Politicians.....respect for them is gone

Post  Panda Tue 7 Aug - 14:51

I.m starting this thread for malena and anyone who wants to have a moan about our diconnected Politicians.Politicians.....respect for them is gone 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Politicians.....respect for them is gone Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Politicians.....respect for them is gone Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Politicians.....respect for them is gone Empty Re: Politicians.....respect for them is gone

Post  Guest Tue 7 Aug - 17:36

I suspect that the majority of them are as corrupt as they always were but it's just that we're more aware of it now.

In the far off days of my childhood it was considered dreadful to criticise or make fun of politicians. I was not allowed to watch the programme That Was The Week That Was because it did just that. My mother nurtured a dream that my sister would marry an M P - they were highly respected in the way that perhaps doctors still are today. It's hard to imagine anyone thinking that today!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Politicians.....respect for them is gone Empty Re: Politicians.....respect for them is gone

Post  Panda Tue 7 Aug - 18:00

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I suspect that the majority of them are as corrupt as they always were but it's just that we're more aware of it now.

In the far off days of my childhood it was considered dreadful to criticise or make fun of politicians. I was not allowed to watch the programme That Was The Week That Was because it did just that. My mother nurtured a dream that my sister would marry an M P - they were highly respected in the way that perhaps doctors still are today. It's hard to imagine anyone thinking that today!

Yes, in the old days Politiciains were respected , I can vaguely remember when James Callaghan was electioneering and

we used to sing "Vote vote vote for Mr Callaghan, boot old ? out the door. If I had a penny gun I would shoot him up

the bum and he wouldn't come around here any more""Politicians.....respect for them is gone 23324

I think it must have been my Father taught me that, he was quite Political ,.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Politicians.....respect for them is gone Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Politicians.....respect for them is gone Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 7 Aug - 18:18

IT IS SAID THAT GUY FAWKES WAS THE ONLY PERSON TO ENTER PARLIAMENT WITH HONEST INTENT.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 7 Aug - 18:40

Badboy wrote:IT IS SAID THAT GUY FAWKES WAS THE ONLY PERSON TO ENTER PARLIAMENT WITH HONEST INTENT.

Nice one Badboy.Politicians.....respect for them is gone 294124

Would you believe it, Cameron has just announced he is altering the Boundaries in Wales and cutting number of MP's,

just to make sure he wins the next election , the B***ard.!!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 7 Aug - 22:08

Badboy wrote:IT IS SAID THAT GUY FAWKES WAS THE ONLY PERSON TO ENTER PARLIAMENT WITH HONEST INTENT.
Well said Badboy... Politicians.....respect for them is gone 307691
It's a great pity he failed in his intentions.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 7 Aug - 22:10

Panda wrote:I.m starting this thread for malena and anyone who wants to have a moan about our diconnected Politicians.Politicians.....respect for them is gone 294124
Thanks Panda, this is a rant topic we should have had many moons ago.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 7 Aug - 22:13

Panda wrote:

Nice one Badboy.Politicians.....respect for them is gone 294124

Would you believe it, Cameron has just announced he is altering the Boundaries in Wales and cutting number of MP's,

just to make sure he wins the next election , the B***ard.!!!!
Hasn't Cameron's pet poodle Clegg said he and the Lib Dems will vote against the proposed boundary changes?
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 7 Aug - 22:32

malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:I.m starting this thread for malena and anyone who wants to have a moan about our diconnected Politicians.Politicians.....respect for them is gone 294124
Thanks Panda, this is a rant topic we should have had many moons ago.

yes, malena, we've all got something to moan about . It was reported on the News tonight that Cameron, by altering

the Boundaries in Wales and reducing the number of MPs will gain 4% extra tory votes...how blatant is that??? However,

the Welsh will never have a Conservative majority and probably vote more Labour than before. I have no time for any of the Parties this move by Cameron will cause a Lib/Lab pact and ensure he does not get re-elected. I think the Tory

backbenchers will oust him before then.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Aug - 9:21

Cameron in his usual reactive mode!!

David Cameron defends scrapping school sports targets

10 August 2012 Last updated at 13:04 Help

The prime minister has told 5 liveBreakfast he stands by a decision to scrap a requirement on schools to offer pupils at least two hours a week of sport.

Labour has called for a cross-party ten year plan for school sports following the success of Team GB at the Olympics but David Cameron defended the government's plans.

He added that sports clubs needed to play more of a part in encouraging children.

To listen to other Radio 5 live interviews, please visit the Best Bits page.

It was the Tories who sold off School Playing fields , Local swimming baths where pupils used to be able to have lessons. Now he's jumping on the Olympic bandwagon.!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down