Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing link overlooked in the Madeleine McCann case

+10
pamalam
Christine
kathybelle
almostgothic
kitti
Badboy
LJC
tigger
AnnaEsse
Annabel
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Missing link overlooked in the Madeleine McCann case Empty Missing link overlooked in the Madeleine McCann case

Post  Annabel Thu 9 Aug - 12:18

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2012/08/09/missing-link-overlooked-in-the-madeleine-mccann-case/

PUBLISHED: August 9, 2012 at 11:50 am • LAST EDITED: August 9, 2012 at 11:52 am
Lead2, National News • 0 Comments

• Maddie went missing in 2007

A PILE of discarded cigarette butts could have been the link to finding missing Madeleine McCann.

A witness claims the discarded butts were found on a shared balcony that had a bird’s eye view of the apartment (above) in Portugal, from where the five-year-old was snatched in 2007.

However the tourist, who contacted the police, insists detectives never took vital DNA evidence from them.

She had stayed in the apartment a week after Maddie’s disappearance from Praia de Luz, while on a family holiday.

“You could see the front and back of the building from that view point.” she told detectives.

“It was as if there had been someone stood there for some time smoking.

“I thought that was odd and it could have been someone watching the McCann’s apartment to monitor their comings and goings.”

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
Missing link overlooked in the Madeleine McCann case Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Missing link overlooked in the Madeleine McCann case Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Missing link overlooked in the Madeleine McCann case Empty Re: Missing link overlooked in the Madeleine McCann case

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 9 Aug - 12:22

Annabel wrote:
http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/ ... cann-case/

A PILE of discarded cigarette butts could have been the link to finding missing Madeleine McCann.

A witness claims the discarded butts were found on a shared balcony that had a bird’s eye view of the apartment (above) in Portugal, from where the five-year-old was snatched in 2007.

However the tourist, who contacted the police, insists detectives never took vital DNA evidence from them.

She had stayed in the apartment a week after Maddie’s disappearance from Praia de Luz, while on a family holiday.

“You could see the front and back of the building from that view point.” she told detectives.

“I thought that was odd and it could have been someone watching the McCann’s apartment to monitor their comings and goings.”

It was probably just somebody or a couple of somebodies who smoked on the balcony of a smoke-free apartment for the whole week of their holiday and never cleaned up!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Missing link overlooked in the Madeleine McCann case Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Missing link overlooked in the Madeleine McCann case Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Missing link overlooked in the Madeleine McCann case Empty Re: Missing link overlooked in the Madeleine McCann case

Post  Annabel Thu 9 Aug - 12:28

The teenager went out for a cigarette, around the same time Jane
Tanner said she saw a man carrying a child. She only mentioned what she
saw to her family latter, because she had also to confess the reason
why she was there. Since the beginning, Police had some doubts about
Jane Tanner [sic] statement, as Jeremy Wilkins, a tennis partner of
Madeleine’s father, told them he only saw Gerry McCann near the
apartment.

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t10322-paulo-reis-writes-on-madeleine-mccann-anorak-news
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 9 Aug - 12:35

We heard about the dog ends in may 2007 where they were found in the stair well...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 9 Aug - 12:37

kitti wrote:We heard about the dog ends in may 2007 where they were found in the stair well...

And now someone thinks the police should have gathered up all the cigarette ends from anywhere around apartment 5A and had them tested for DNA? Most of the apartments and villas for rent would be non-smoking, so there's gonna be thousands of fag ends!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Thu 9 Aug - 12:40

Hmm, I know I had read somewhere in the dim and distant past that there was a building that overlooked the McCanns apartment. However, I would have thought it had been investigated. Even so though, if you are overlooking them with a bird's eye view, could you get down there fast enough if you thought the coast was clear? I mean, the tapas bunch admit to the smallest window of opportunity, 4 minutes was it? You would have to be mighty quick to scramble down the floors of one building, cross over the road perhaps and scramble into the room of another, without being seen, without leaving a trace of anything? Even if it was as generous as 15 minutes it would take some doing I think. What DNA should have been taken? From the butts themselves. No proof a cigarette butt would have a link to Madeleine I would have thought. Or perhaps the interior of the apartment? Well, that would be worth a closer inspection but I would be very surprised if it had not already been done. How would the tourist know what had and what had not been done if she landed there a week later? She must be talking about the butts. Also, if someone smoked that heavily, you would smell it. If the McCanns had not noticed anything else, they would have noticed the lingering smell of cigarettes in their apartment. No one did though. Gerry says he spent some time in the apartment and believes the abductor was in there at the same time. But Gerry never said he could smell cigarettes. The smell of tobacco gets onto clothes and if a heavy smoker had got anywhere near the childrens beds, there would have been traces of nicotine I would have thought. Any non smoker will tell you, you can detect it a mile off, but smokers themselves never notice how they smell. Unless the McCanns themselves smoked? Well, that's another question but I doubt they do or ever did.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 9 Aug - 12:41

There will sightings off fag ends soon....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 9 Aug - 12:44

Wasn't a man seen in the stair well near apt 5a......smoking.....this is an old story I remember BUT whom exactly was he and was an efit done off him....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Thu 9 Aug - 12:48

AnnaEsse wrote:
Annabel wrote:
http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/ ... cann-case/

It was probably just somebody or a couple of somebodies who smoked on the balcony of a smoke-free apartment for the whole week of their holiday and never cleaned up!

What annoys me most about these claims that they almost invariably imply that the PJ were useless. Their reports show otherwise. Your idea - in this smoke free world we live in - is the most likely. Hanging over the balcony because some asthmatic family member won't have smoke in the house.

Besides, finding the DNA of a suspect in a public location accessible to everyone is hardly going to be definite evidence. DNA of the same smoker in 5a might, but then there was none...
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Thu 9 Aug - 12:51

Like Anna Esse rightly points out, holiday makers in their hundreds smoke and they have no choice nowadays but to either go onto the pavement or onto a balcony, or do their thing around the hotel/apartment grounds. Can you imagine the number of fag ends there would be during the course of a week's holiday? If there was no ashtray they would accumulate on the ground. Even at a rate of just 5 a day, that would equal 35 and that's just for one person! And how would Madeleine's DNA possibly get onto a cigarette? She would have had to have handled it somehow, put it into her mouth somehow. And what of the stranger's DNA on the butts. Unless their DNA is already on a police database there would be no way of knowing who it belonged to and even if they did know, the same DNA would have to be matched up in the McCann's apartment.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Thu 9 Aug - 12:57

I know, maybe all the discarded chewing gum holds a clue? Or the discarded paper hankies.

Missing link overlooked in the Madeleine McCann case 25346
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Thu 9 Aug - 13:08

kitti wrote:There will sightings off fag ends soon....

There was one outside my shop this morning. Should I report it? I can describe it very well.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 9 Aug - 13:47

Keela wrote:
kitti wrote:There will sightings off fag ends soon....

There was one outside my shop this morning. Should I report it? I can describe it very well.

OMG! I've got 10 in an ashtray in my back garden! Missing link overlooked in the Madeleine McCann case 497573
I'm going into hiding! Missing link overlooked in the Madeleine McCann case 234512
Missing link overlooked in the Madeleine McCann case 294124
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 9 Aug - 13:53

From The Olive Press:

"You could see the front and back of the building from that view point,” she told detectives.

And from the witness statement of Graham McKenzie 06 DEC 07:

You could actually see the front and back of the building from that view point. I noticed on the balcony that there was a pile of cigarette butts as if there had been someone stood there for some time smoking. I thought that was odd , and it could have been someone watching the McCann's apartment to monitor their comings and goings.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GRAHAM-MCKENZIE.htm
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 9 Aug - 14:01

The Olive Press is building up quite a reputation for silly stories about Madeleine, usually involving sightings not reported at the time they supposedly happened.

Here's a typical one which I don't remember seeing here before.

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2012/05/03/i-saw-maddie-at-costa-del-sol-beach-restaurant/#comment-143301

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 9 Aug - 14:33

I thought the fag ends were found in a stair well where the mccanns walk up to their apt via the car park along with seeing a man loitering their too .
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 9 Aug - 14:35

Let's keep the fag end sightings to pdl at the moment otherwise people will be reporting fag end sightings in morocco and it could get silly!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 9 Aug - 17:07

ANY CONNECTION WITH THAT SIGHTING OF 2 BLOND PEOPLE ON A BALCONY.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 9 Aug - 17:10

That sighting was in the same block wasn't it......was it in the empty apt?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 9 Aug - 19:43

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 9 Aug - 20:45

The fag ends can have nothing at all to do with Madeleine's disappearance. The short fat, tall skinny, bald hairy clean shaven pimply man JT described with succinct clarity in such acute detail was not smoking!
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 9 Aug - 21:05

malena stool wrote:The fag ends can have nothing at all to do with Madeleine's disappearance. The short fat, tall skinny, bald hairy clean shaven pimply man JT described with succinct clarity in such acute detail was not smoking!

Missing link overlooked in the Madeleine McCann case 23324
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Thu 9 Aug - 23:57

I think that whatever they come up with about an abductor or someone watching the McCanns comings and goings, their routine... there is no way the 'abductor' could have known Maddie would be drugged and make no noice when he lifted her from the bed. That for me is THE reason there can't have been any abduction.
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  pamalam Fri 10 Aug - 0:49

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GRAHAM-MCKENZIE.htm

It was across the road from the McCann's apartment and the public balcony overlooked the side of their building and the road. You could actually see the front and back of the building from that view point. I noticed on the balcony that there was a pile of cigarette butts as if there had been someone stood there for some time smoking. I thought that was odd , and it could have been someone watching the McCann's apartment to monitor their comings and goings.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/5A_FORENSIC_4_5_7.htm

The recovery of cigarette stubs was not viable due to the existence of a reasonable quantity thereof within the referred perimeter.
pamalam
pamalam
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 364
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-11

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Fri 10 Aug - 8:27

This should be placed in one of Gerry's "Waste of Time" boxes.
Im sure between now and 12th Sept we are going to be getting afew more "stupid" reports/sightings coming up Missing link overlooked in the Madeleine McCann case 847843
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next