Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Kate got the boot?

+10
susible
tabs
kathybelle
Lillyofthevalley
cherry1
AnnaEsse
pennylane
Bobsy
wjk
marxman
14 posters

Go down

Has Kate got the boot? Empty Has Kate got the boot?

Post  marxman Mon 13 Aug - 18:51

Appears that, according to David Bret,
that Kate has been stood down from
her latest post as figure-head of the
Missing People charity.

http://davidbretbiographer.blogspot.ie/2012/08/missing-people-organisation-apology-if.html?zx=e60b532b9c8739b3
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :
Has Kate got the boot? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Has Kate got the boot? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Has Kate got the boot? Empty Re: Has Kate got the boot?

Post  Guest Mon 13 Aug - 18:56

Very interesting indeed IF it turns out to be true!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 13 Aug - 19:04

VERY interesting if true!
Is David Bret trustworthy?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
Has Kate got the boot? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Has Kate got the boot? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 13 Aug - 19:07

Well, she was not a popular choice and I'm sure it wasn't just a small minority of folks who complained. Very poor choice by Missing People to choose a woman who, by her own admission, had left her three children alone in an unlocked apartment in a foreign country.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 13 Aug - 19:08

Kate is still featuring on their website Has Kate got the boot? 303636 !
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Mon 13 Aug - 19:18

If true I shall send a donation, if not no way.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 13 Aug - 19:26

cherry1 wrote:Kate is still featuring on their website Has Kate got the boot? 303636 !

So was Tia Sharp until yesterday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 13 Aug - 19:53

I thought Philip Schofield looked a tad hostile when he interviewed Kate on This Morning regarding her new Ambassadorship for a charity that he himself belongs to.

If Kate does get the 'heave ho,' the charity will never admit the reasons why.... she will simply be quietly whoosh clucked when nobody's looking.... just as Gerry was from COMARE.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 13 Aug - 19:55

Is it ok to clik on the Brett link as says something about content suitable for adults! Not that Im not an adult Has Kate got the boot? 294124 but is there anything dodgy like on it re adult content if you know what I mean.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 13 Aug - 19:57

cherry1 wrote:Is it ok to clik on the Brett link as says something about content suitable for adults! Not that Im not an adult Has Kate got the boot? 294124 but is there anything dodgy like on it re adult content if you know what I mean.

Nothing dodgy. It just means that a few people who disagree with David have reported the blog.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Mon 13 Aug - 19:59

Sorry, but I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of Bret's mouth...he has lied on so many occasions and has created so many problems for innocent people...he's a total lowlife

After he started slagging both Joana and Pat brown and so many turned against him, and saw him for what he was he left the McCann debate, but I read a recent review of his new book in either the Telegraph or the Guardian and it gets totally slated, so perhaps after that failure he's decided to jump back on this bandwagon and whilst he occasionally said some funny things, on the whole he is untrustworthy and not a person you would want to be associated with IMO
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Mon 13 Aug - 20:01

But I'm sure a quick email to Missing people will clarify the situation...

ETA I have just read the blog and he uses the word "allegedly" a lot, underlined, so that when it's proved to be totally wrong he can wiggle out of it! His unnamed contact who is usually never wrong, has been! Or else he'll just say that Missing People are denying it to avoid embarrassment at their decision to appoint Kate in the first place!

Waiting for blog No# about me...Yawn...

Last edited by susible on Mon 13 Aug - 20:23; edited 1 time in total
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 13 Aug - 20:21

Thanks Anna Has Kate got the boot? 25346
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Tue 14 Aug - 19:43

Just found this post on FB...

Despite recent speculation that Kate McCann is no longer an Ambassador for Missing People, an email has been received from MP confirming that she is indeed still their Ambassador. Email content copied below. I have deleted the name of the recipient of the email for privacy reasons but I can assure everyone I have viewed a copy of the actual email and it is absolutely genuine

Hi xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your email and interest in Missing People. I can confirm that Kate McCann is an Ambassador of the charity.

Can I ask the purpose of your question? Are you interested in supporting the charity? If so please visit our website www.missingpeople.org.uk/​supportus for ideas as to how you can help to support missing children and adults and their families left behind.

Many thanks

Chrissy

Maybe you are right about this Bret bloke susible, I remember reading something about him been unreliable recently Has Kate got the boot? 29204
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 14 Aug - 19:59

Kate McCann's role is supposedly only for 12 weeks, I hope it isn't a stepping stone towards her getting a medal, in the forthcoming New Year's Honours. Has Kate got the boot? 87849

I wonder if the charity has noticed a drop in their donations, since they announced that "Lady Muck" would be joining them.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  tabs Tue 14 Aug - 20:03

David Bret arrived very late to the Maddie family

decreed he was king had inside information and was working for Scotland Yard

decided he was the authority on everything and then turned on anyone that challenged him to prove what he was saying

insulting many hard working people along the way

personally if he told me today was Tuesday I would assume it was Wednesday such is the rubbish that has come out of his mouth

a personal opinion only - take it or leave it

tabs
tabs
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Tue 14 Aug - 20:07

Thanks for that lotv...yes, he has made up some preposterous stuff in the past, alleged contacts in SY, PJ etc, the list is endless and he caused a lot of friction among a number of us who are genuinely looking for the truth and don't believe the McCanns, even dissing Joana and Pat Brown, simply because I think he wanted to be the "top dog" if there even is such a thing.

He would start rumours and if anyone questioned him, he would immediately diss them in his blog, he wrote 4 about me, calling me Anal Slush (anagram of my name) and many other things..he had to retract a couple of the blogs though, because he claimed I'd sent him an abusive email and that he'd passed it onto the police and they would be knocking on my door..so I fronted him out about it as I have never emailed him, don't even have his email address and the blogs disappeared, and needless to say I've never had a knock at my door from the police, and never will!

It's very sad that he seems to want to cause disruption, we have enough hassle from the pros and those in the McCann camp who would like to silence us just because we want the truth..we really don't need someone coming in with their own agenda to cause trouble by making up stories about other posters and putting out things that are just not true, like the above blog, because it just makes us look like the nutters the pros claim we are, when it proves to be totally false.

Sadly, although I totally disagree with the appointment of Kate as ambassador, unless she turns round and admits any wrongdoing in the case of her missing daughter or SY come up with something and arrest them, Missing People will retain her as ambassador for whatever period of time they initially decided on, because it would look bad if they ditched her because there was a backlash from a number of people and whilst they probably did misjudge the mood of the public in the appointment, they can't really back out of it now..lets face it the Mc's would probably sue them if they did!

No, I think after a decent time or perhaps even the 12 week campaign that she was spearheading, she'll slink off stating "too busy with the search/time for family" excuse, so she doesn't have to come into the firing line whenever a case such as Tia's comes into the headlines, drawing attention to the fact that most missing kids are missing as a result of actions of the family.
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Tue 14 Aug - 20:08

tabs wrote:David Bret arrived very late to the Maddie family

decreed he was king had inside information and was working for Scotland Yard

decided he was the authority on everything and then turned on anyone that challenged him to prove what he was saying

insulting many hard working people along the way

personally if he told me today was Tuesday I would assume it was Wednesday such is the rubbish that has come out of his mouth

a personal opinion only - take it or leave it

Well said Tabs...Totally agree Has Kate got the boot? 307691
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 15 Aug - 15:42

Our thanks go to Kate for so generously giving the charity her time and energy. 

Click here to read about Kate's FIRST mission - launching a new way to find missing people with the Outdoor Media Centre.

Believe me.......she's here to stay?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Wed 15 Aug - 16:10

kitti wrote:Our thanks go to Kate for so generously giving the charity her time and energy. 

Click here to read about Kate's FIRST mission - launching a new way to find missing people with the Outdoor Media Centre.

pity she didn't put as much time and energy into looking after her three vulnerable children.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 15 Aug - 16:15

kitti wrote:Our thanks go to Kate for so generously giving the charity her time and energy. 

Yes, but that was at the start of July and we are now halfway through August. She doesn't seem to actually do very much, does she?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Wed 15 Aug - 17:41

From Facebook
David Bret To be brief, she's not there--and they are hardly likely to broadcast the fact they made a mistake! But, it's up to the individual to believe it or not!

I don't believe David, he has been caught out so many times, I think he is now back tracking or just covering his tracks!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Wed 15 Aug - 19:00

Launching a new way to find missing people. What about the old way of using dogs. But didn't somebody say they were so unreliable. And pity she didn't give enough of her valuable time to make sure her three children were safe instead of leaving them alone in an apartment. What on earth is that charity thinking about employing her. It's madness. They must think she knows the right people and can get them to donate. It makes me totally sick when I think about it.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 15 Aug - 20:06

Someone sent an email to them and kate McCann is there for the duration.

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down