Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘This could’ve been another Maddie..my child could’ve been taken forever’

3 posters

Go down

‘This could’ve been another Maddie..my child could’ve been taken forever’  Empty ‘This could’ve been another Maddie..my child could’ve been taken forever’

Post  chrissie Wed 15 Aug - 13:14

Not sure if this has already been posted, mods please delete if it has:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/irishsun/irishsunnews/4487893/This-couldve-been-another-Maddiemy-child-couldve-been-taken-forever.html

‘This could’ve been another Maddie..my child could’ve been taken forever’

Post sharonl Today at 8:01 am
A YOUNG Irish boy has escaped an abduction bid in the Canary Islands — by karate chopping his evil would-be kidnapper.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/irishsun/irishsunnews/4487893/This-couldve-been-another-Maddiemy-child-couldve-been-taken-forever.html

A suspected paedophile known to police grabbed Kildare lad Jack Butler near his family holiday bungalow in Lanzarote last Friday.

But the brave 12-year-old fought off the beast — and later identified him from a mugshot.

Spanish cops are now hunting the suspect — who’s alleged to be behind an indecent assault on a little girl just a short time earlier.

Last night, Jack’s mother Jane told the Irish Sun: “My greatest fear is it could have been another Madeleine McCann situation, that my child could have been taken from us and never seen again.

“The thought of what could have happened to Jack makes me feel physically sick. I threw up after we attended the police station.”

Jack was just 20 metres away from Jane, dad David and four younger siblings — near their Puerto del Carmen bungalow — when the depraved predator pounced.

The monster tried to drag Jack into an underground car park.

Jane explained: “We were in a restaurant and Jack was cold, so we let him go back to our bungalow, 20 metres away, to get a jumper. He was on his way back when the man grabbed him.

“He’d been hiding behind a wall in a car park. He must have been watching and waiting.

“Jack managed to break free by karate chopping him on the arm.

“He ran to us and told us what had happened and that he heard the man driving off in his car with screeching tyres.”

Jane told how Jack was able to describe what the man wore — and even noticed he had a scar from his nose to his cheek.

She added: “The police arrived and told us they’d keep and eye out for him and to come in and make a statement the next day.

“They pulled up photographs of eight different men — and Jack immediately picked him out.

“The detectives told us that the man had already flown to Madrid at 9am that morning, but that the police there knew where he lived and would pick him up.

“Although we’re not due home until August 22, we wanted to leave straight away as the kids can’t sleep at night and are afraid to leave the windows open.

“But the police asked us to stay as they need Jack to go to court if they are to prosecute him.

“Jack has been very brave, but he is really shook up.

“When Madeleine McCann went missing I told my kids that if someone steals you it’s because they’ve no children of their own.

“But Jack now knows that’s not the truth and we have had to explain to him that this man’s intentions were not good.”

==============================

Personally, I can't see any similarities with the disappearance of Madeleine.

chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :
 ‘This could’ve been another Maddie..my child could’ve been taken forever’  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 ‘This could’ve been another Maddie..my child could’ve been taken forever’  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

‘This could’ve been another Maddie..my child could’ve been taken forever’  Empty Re: ‘This could’ve been another Maddie..my child could’ve been taken forever’

Post  almostgothic Wed 15 Aug - 13:35

There are no similarities - but the Irish Sun is pretending that there are.

I could just imagine those words being carefully spoonfed into that parent's mouth ......

If you think I'm being unfair to the hack Joanne McElgunn, read this:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/republic-of-ireland/tabloid-must-give-louis-walsh-papers-relating-to-false-sex-attack-claims-16196578.html
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
 ‘This could’ve been another Maddie..my child could’ve been taken forever’  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 ‘This could’ve been another Maddie..my child could’ve been taken forever’  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

‘This could’ve been another Maddie..my child could’ve been taken forever’  Empty Re: ‘This could’ve been another Maddie..my child could’ve been taken forever’

Post  chrissie Wed 15 Aug - 13:45

Ah, thank you almostgothic. That explains a lot!
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 15 Aug - 14:07

A mention of Madeleine is guaranteed to attract attention to any story involving a child at risk, no matter how irrelevant it might be.

Interesting about the Sun's involvement in the Louis Walsh story. He's not everyone's cup of tea that's for sure but why did they feel the need to pay someone to tell lies?

There are lots of people out there with skeletons in their closets who need to be brought down a peg or two!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 15 Aug - 16:17

So the Irish Sun are conceding that Maddie has gone "for ever"? Not findable, then? How hurtful and unhelpful.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 15 Aug - 16:22

Iris wrote:So the Irish Sun are conceding that Maddie has gone "for ever"? Not findable, then? How hurtful and unhelpful.

Good point Iris, didn't think of that!
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  James Wed 15 Aug - 16:49

reading the article I'm wondering if there was some creativity on the part of the journalist and/or the parents. they said the holiday bungalow was only 20 METRES from the restaurant where the child became cold. Reminds me of Gerry McCann - the tapas bar was like 'dining in the back garden.'

The evil paedophile was hiding behind a wall in a car park - obviously the wall/carpark must have been taken up the 20 metres walk from restaurant to holiday bungalow. Not a big car park?
James
James
Reg Member
Reg Member

Male
Number of posts : 155
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum