Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Letter to the U.K. Passport Office

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Letter to the U.K. Passport Office

Post  malena stool on Wed 22 Aug - 20:53

fuzeta wrote:
malena stool wrote:
fuzeta wrote:
malena stool wrote:Hi fuzeta, no I'm midlands born and bred... It's all; me duck, gerroff and aint gorrenuff round here I'm afraid. I've cousins in that strange land down south, (Wiltshire) who call their mother, (my aunt) mum. But they are a weird bunch who can't speak proper..

Glad to hear you are one of us Malena. I am Wolverhampton born and bred so I do know the lingo and I do talk proper. Moved to the frozen North when I was just a babby. Lived right on the river Tees It was that cold we used to put all the. coats on the bed Moved back when I was 12. I do not live in Wolverhampton now but my relatives do.
I'm from Leicester, born in Wharf Street and when I was a lad our house was so cold we had condensation on the outside...

We could not see out of our windows for the ice on the inside.
I love reminiscing of the good old days and the things we had then that they don't have now.... Rickets, diptheria, rationing and neighbours that spoke English...

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13363
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta on Wed 22 Aug - 22:01

malena stool wrote:
fuzeta wrote:
malena stool wrote:
fuzeta wrote:
malena stool wrote:Hi fuzeta, no I'm midlands born and bred... It's all; me duck, gerroff and aint gorrenuff round here I'm afraid. I've cousins in that strange land down south, (Wiltshire) who call their mother, (my aunt) mum. But they are a weird bunch who can't speak proper..

Glad to hear you are one of us Malena. I am Wolverhampton born and bred so I do know the lingo and I do talk proper. Moved to the frozen North when I was just a babby. Lived right on the river Tees It was that cold we used to put all the. coats on the bed Moved back when I was 12. I do not live in Wolverhampton now but my relatives do.
I'm from Leicester, born in Wharf Street and when I was a lad our house was so cold we had condensation on the outside...

I love reminiscing of the good old days and the things we had then that they don't have now.... Rickets, diptheria, rationing and neighbours that spoke English...

Oh but we were happy, despite dodging death. You could leave door open all day. Anytime now one of us is sure to say " every morning I licked road clean" Neighbours that spoke English! I have a hard time remembering that Malena. I must ask my Mother

fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4182
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool on Thu 23 Aug - 9:28

fuzeta wrote:
malena stool wrote:
fuzeta wrote:
malena stool wrote:
fuzeta wrote:

Oh but we were happy, despite dodging death. You could leave door open all day. Anytime now one of us is sure to say " every morning I licked road clean" Neighbours that spoke English! I have a hard time remembering that Malena. I must ask my Mother
"I must ask my Mother", Ouch, that barbed remark really hurt...

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13363
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta on Thu 23 Aug - 9:43

malena stool wrote:
fuzeta wrote:
malena stool wrote:
fuzeta wrote:
malena stool wrote:

"I must ask my Mother", Ouch, that barbed remark really hurt...

Malena To make up for it I will tell you I am well old enough to remember but I did'nt think you were

fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4182
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

The good old days......

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Thu 23 Aug - 9:43

It was indeed very unusual in the far off days of my childhood to hear anyone speaking anything but English but my mother was at loggerheads with most of the neighbours so I didn't get much chance to speak to them!

I don't think that situation was unique - a falling out would happen over something very trivial like a child throwing a ball into someone's garden and the adults never (and I mean literally never) spoke to each other again.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6697
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda on Thu 23 Aug - 9:56

Another thread hijacked. Why doesn't anybody use the chatbox to talk to each other?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:51

Sponsored content