Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Met chief asks for decision on Maddie review

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Met chief asks for decision on Maddie review

Post  IAMBAZZA on Sun 26 Aug - 21:59

anyone reading this is free to believe it or not...

but a friend of a friend of a friend etc... is a former 'very senior' policeman now working on the investigation and the word very much on the street is that general view of the police is this: the McCanns are hiding 'something' but they just can't quite get to the bottom of it.

IAMBAZZA
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts : 40
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Met chief asks for decision on Maddie review

Post  Guest on Sun 26 Aug - 22:06

Your friend of a friend etc. is not alone.

The smell is rank, but pinning down the source - irrefutably - is not easy.

I'd go further and suggest that it is well known what lies (an apposite word in its other meaning) beneath, but proving it is the trick.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Met chief asks for decision on Maddie review

Post  Fern on Sun 26 Aug - 22:57

kitti wrote:A child is missing fern, the Mccanns want her found and YES they should do anything to help the police and if that means being reinterviewed, so be it.



There are thousands upon thousands of pages contained within the files Kitti and in order that NOTHING is over looked or any future proceedings are disrupted due to any translation errors (and yes they do exist) then in my opinion the Met/SY who are conducting the review SHOULD have them translated themselves.

I would be absolutely horrified to discover that the Met had spent this many on a review based on translations they had found on the internet/or taken from the Sun newspaper. How can any sort of review be done properly when the prime basis of the review MAY contain inaccuracies ?

There can be no room for any doubt whatsoever if any possible future trials has any chance of success.

The statements given by the McCanns are a very small percentage of the files therefore the entire lot should be done regardless of the cost. As you have said above, a child is missing therefore how can a price be placed on finding her especially when you consider in the grand scale of things just how many billions of our money is wasted each year by this reckless Government.

Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Age : 45
Location : Either in or on the Irish Sea
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Met chief asks for decision on Maddie review

Post  LJC on Sun 26 Aug - 23:59

Fern wrote:
kitti wrote:A child is missing fern, the Mccanns want her found and YES they should do anything to help the police and if that means being reinterviewed, so be it.



There are thousands upon thousands of pages contained within the files Kitti and in order that NOTHING is over looked or any future proceedings are disrupted due to any translation errors (and yes they do exist) then in my opinion the Met/SY who are conducting the review SHOULD have them translated themselves.

I would be absolutely horrified to discover that the Met had spent this many on a review based on translations they had found on the internet/or taken from the Sun newspaper. How can any sort of review be done properly when the prime basis of the review MAY contain inaccuracies ?

There can be no room for any doubt whatsoever if any possible future trials has any chance of success.

The statements given by the McCanns are a very small percentage of the files therefore the entire lot should be done regardless of the cost. As you have said above, a child is missing therefore how can a price be placed on finding her especially when you consider in the grand scale of things just how many billions of our money is wasted each year by this reckless Government.

Fern is absolutely right and makes wholly sensible arguments. Of course the Met should rely on their own translations. Re-interviews may be taking place as well as - I would not be surprised. But not everybody can be re-interviewed. The elderly lady from the apartment above cannot be as she's deceased and I am sure a senior PJ officer who was initially involved is also deceased. Definitely they should carry out their own translations. They have to be professional in this.

LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Met chief asks for decision on Maddie review

Post  HiDeHo on Mon 27 Aug - 0:33

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/342018/Cash-fears-over-Madeleine-McCann-probe

CASH FEARS OVER MADELEINE MCCANN PROBE

Maddie McCann hasn't been found after vanishing in the Praia da Luz, Portugal, in 2007
Sunday August 26,2012
By James Fielding

"Much of the budget has gone on sending officers to Portugal and Spain to chase leads and on translating Portuguese police files and witness statements."

HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Met chief asks for decision on Maddie review

Post  jinvta on Mon 27 Aug - 1:49

Fern wrote:As you have said above, a child is missing therefore how can a price be placed on finding her especially when you consider in the grand scale of things just how many billions of our money is wasted each year by this reckless Government.

I agree with most of what you said except for the above. Of course a missing child is priceless to that child's parents and family, but that missing child cannot be the burden of an entire country, two countries at that, to continue to look for indefinitely with very little chance of success in finding the child alive. Without unlimited funds, there is opportunity cost in every dollar spent on investigating the Madeleine case. At some point enough is enough and it must be determined that money would be better spent on searching for other missing children or other services provided by the government.

However, the McCanns themselves should continue to search for Madeleine until the fund is dry and they have exhausted every last penny of their personal savings and sold all of their assets, because as you say, "a price can't be placed on fiding her." This is where I disagree, as I believe that "price" only applies to the family, not the rest of the world, particularly when her own family members are at least partially responsible for her disappearance.

jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Met chief asks for decision on Maddie review

Post  fred on Tue 28 Aug - 10:05

HiDeHo wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/342018/Cash-fears-over-Madeleine-McCann-probe

CASH FEARS OVER MADELEINE MCCANN PROBE

Maddie McCann hasn't been found after vanishing in the Praia da Luz, Portugal, in 2007
Sunday August 26,2012
By James Fielding

"Much of the budget has gone on sending officers to Portugal and Spain to chase leads and on translating Portuguese police files and witness statements."

Why so much on translations? Surely some cops in the met must be bi-lingual, my daughter can speak 2 languages fluently and she is only 11!

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4828
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Met chief asks for decision on Maddie review

Post  mossman on Tue 28 Aug - 10:39

Didn't Kate Healy say it took her six months and thirty thousand pounds to have the files translated when she got them ?

Surely the met could halve this time by doubling the number of translators, thereby all the files could be translated in three months at most. How long do they need to read them for then ? Does each and every officer read each and every page ?

I think SY are throwing down the gauntlet. They know the direction in which they want to proceed or at the very least have come to a conclusion as to what possibly may have happened. It is perhaps a direction they know is not the popular choice so put the ball back in Cameron's net. He either decides no further funding is available and those in hiding can breathe a sigh of relief or if he truly wants to do the right thing he will make "funding" available.

Interesting times ahead I think.

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Met chief asks for decision on Maddie review

Post  kitti on Tue 28 Aug - 11:19

Why didn't they go to Kate McCann and get her translated files...

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Met chief asks for decision on Maddie review

Post  T4two on Tue 28 Aug - 11:27

mossman wrote:Didn't Kate Healy say it took her six months and thirty thousand pounds to have the files translated when she got them ?

Surely the met could halve this time by doubling the number of translators, thereby all the files could be translated in three months at most. How long do they need to read them for then ? Does each and every officer read each and every page ?

I think SY are throwing down the gauntlet. They know the direction in which they want to proceed or at the very least have come to a conclusion as to what possibly may have happened. It is perhaps a direction they know is not the popular choice so put the ball back in Cameron's net. He either decides no further funding is available and those in hiding can breathe a sigh of relief or if he truly wants to do the right thing he will make "funding" available.

Interesting times ahead I think.

Do we really believe that the Met only investigate crimes if the government of the day are prepared to fund the investigation? Questioning the funding of a 'review' of the files is one thing - investigating a crime is another. If the Met do not investigate the crime of the disappearance of Madeliene McCann then the principle of independent police and judiciary which is a mainstay of the British constitution will have been violated with serious implications and unforeseeable consequences for democracy in Great Britain. I personally do not believe that opinion in the UK would stand for it just to 'protect' the McCanns. Before anyone points out the excuse of jurisdiction, let me reiterate that crimes against British subjects can be investigated by the British police even if perpetrated in a foreign country if sufficient grounds exist to suspect that the perpetrators of the crime are also British. The McCanns are British and IMO sufficient grounds exist.

T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Age : 68
Location : Germany/England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Met chief asks for decision on Maddie review

Post  kathybelle on Tue 28 Aug - 11:56

T4two wrote:
mossman wrote:Didn't Kate Healy say it took her six months and thirty thousand pounds to have the files translated when she got them ?

Surely the met could halve this time by doubling the number of translators, thereby all the files could be translated in three months at most. How long do they need to read them for then ? Does each and every officer read each and every page ?

I think SY are throwing down the gauntlet. They know the direction in which they want to proceed or at the very least have come to a conclusion as to what possibly may have happened. It is perhaps a direction they know is not the popular choice so put the ball back in Cameron's net. He either decides no further funding is available and those in hiding can breathe a sigh of relief or if he truly wants to do the right thing he will make "funding" available.

Interesting times ahead I think.

Do we really believe that the Met only investigate crimes if the government of the day are prepared to fund the investigation? Questioning the funding of a 'review' of the files is one thing - investigating a crime is another. If the Met do not investigate the crime of the disappearance of Madeliene McCann then the principle of independent police and judiciary which is a mainstay of the British constitution will have been violated with serious implications and unforeseeable consequences for democracy in Great Britain. I personally do not believe that opinion in the UK would stand for it just to 'protect' the McCanns. Before anyone points out the excuse of jurisdiction, let me reiterate that crimes against British subjects can be investigated by the British police even if perpetrated in a foreign country if sufficient grounds exist to suspect that the perpetrators of the crime are also British. The McCanns are British and IMO sufficient grounds exist.

Good morning T4two.

Well said, Madeleine is also a British subject and she is entitled to justice, just as her parents should face justice. It doesn't matter that Chief Inspector Andy Redwood is of the mind that Madeleine was abducted. If she was abducted, then her parents should face charges of gross neglect. If Madeleine wasn't abducted, then they should face other charges. Either way the McCanns are complicit in Madeleine's disappearance.

In my opinion, the Chief of Scotland Yard, is hinting that the review will close because the Portuguese Authorities won't reopen the case. If that is so, then Bernard Hogan-Howe, should grow a pair and bring the review to a conclusion, which results in a prosecution for the McCanns.

The McCanns will soon squeal if there was any corruption that resulted in them walking away from their crimes.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Met chief asks for decision on Maddie review

Post  mossman on Tue 28 Aug - 12:26

T4two wrote:
mossman wrote:Didn't Kate Healy say it took her six months and thirty thousand pounds to have the files translated when she got them ?

Surely the met could halve this time by doubling the number of translators, thereby all the files could be translated in three months at most. How long do they need to read them for then ? Does each and every officer read each and every page ?

I think SY are throwing down the gauntlet. They know the direction in which they want to proceed or at the very least have come to a conclusion as to what possibly may have happened. It is perhaps a direction they know is not the popular choice so put the ball back in Cameron's net. He either decides no further funding is available and those in hiding can breathe a sigh of relief or if he truly wants to do the right thing he will make "funding" available.

Interesting times ahead I think.

Do we really believe that the Met only investigate crimes if the government of the day are prepared to fund the investigation? Questioning the funding of a 'review' of the files is one thing - investigating a crime is another. If the Met do not investigate the crime of the disappearance of Madeliene McCann then the principle of independent police and judiciary which is a mainstay of the British constitution will have been violated with serious implications and unforeseeable consequences for democracy in Great Britain. I personally do not believe that opinion in the UK would stand for it just to 'protect' the McCanns. Before anyone points out the excuse of jurisdiction, let me reiterate that crimes against British subjects can be investigated by the British police even if perpetrated in a foreign country if sufficient grounds exist to suspect that the perpetrators of the crime are also British. The McCanns are British and IMO sufficient grounds exist.

I agree totally with what you are saying, but there is something rotten here. I have never been in the "this will definately be a white wash" camp, however I have always believed and still believe there is the potential for one to happen.

The bottom line is, there is an underlying issue that none of us know about. Since this crime first occurred it has been one step forward and two steps back. Every time somebody made progress in the direction of implicating the parents they were side lined.

However good SY's intentions might be, I do not believe they have carte blanche to proceed with this beyond stating their findings of their review. I believe they will require a go ahead to proceed to the next stage - the investigation. I do not think this is dependent on funding, but I do think it is dependent on something else - who or what that something else is, is the million dollar question.

If SY are not to proceed to the next stage they will need a good reason not to. It is quite likely they do not have a good reason, therefore seems to me like they will want the Government to state publically that they are not to go forward with this and the excuse they use will be money. It was after all the Government who stated publically it was they who were instigating and funding the review.

I cannot recall ever reading an article in which any police force has asked for permission to keep going with an investigation. Nothing about this is usual so nothing at all would surprise me.

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Met chief asks for decision on Maddie review

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:09


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum