Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was Maddie in Ibiza? The Olive Press (appears in paper edition)

+9
ann_chovey
almostgothic
jinvta
Claudia79
LJC
Badboy
flower
AnnaEsse
Annabel
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Was Maddie in Ibiza? The Olive Press (appears in paper edition) Empty Was Maddie in Ibiza? The Olive Press (appears in paper edition)

Post  Annabel Sun 26 Aug - 20:20

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

Was Maddie in Ibiza?, 26 August 2012

Man believes he saw the missing girl on a flight to Germany

Vol 6, No 142 Aug 23 - Sept 05 2012

A German holiday maker has claimed he saw Madeleine McCann aboard a flight from Ibiza to Munich.

Frank Bode, 42, was returning home to Germany earlier this month following a five day break in Spain when he caught sight of a girl that immediately reminded him of the missing toddler.

"My intuition told me that the girl, who was around seven to 10 years old, could be Madeleine," Bode told the Olive Press.

"She didn't seem to fit in with her family. Her father was clearly German as were her two brothers, both around 10 to 12 years old, but her mother appeared to be British.

"They were all speaking German except for the girl who I clearly heard speaking British English."

He continued, "The two boys were touching her strangely and the girl seemed totally out of place - nervous, stuttering, just not normal. And her mother, who bore no resemblance to the girl, was a strange woman and didn't talk the entire trip.

"I was never very interested in the case, but my instinct told me something was up, and I'm almost never wrong about these kind of things," added Bode, a sales manager for a currency printing company.

"I took a photo and showed it to some of my friends who agreed it could definitely be Maddie."

Bode was so convinced the girl on his Lufthansa flight was Maddie, who disappeared from Portugal in 2007, he immediately contacted the British Police.

"The woman at the hotline said it is on file, but that's all she said.

"I'm mainly interested in the family getting the photo, but it's difficult to find a channel through which to contact them."

When the Olive Press contacted British Police about Bode's report, they said: "At this time we cannot find any record of his information."

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
 Was Maddie in Ibiza? The Olive Press (appears in paper edition) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 Was Maddie in Ibiza? The Olive Press (appears in paper edition) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Was Maddie in Ibiza? The Olive Press (appears in paper edition) Empty Re: Was Maddie in Ibiza? The Olive Press (appears in paper edition)

Post  Guest Sun 26 Aug - 20:25

"British English"?

That'd be "English" then.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Was Maddie in Ibiza? The Olive Press (appears in paper edition) Empty Re: Was Maddie in Ibiza? The Olive Press (appears in paper edition)

Post  Guest Sun 26 Aug - 20:27

Let's have a round of  Was Maddie in Ibiza? The Olive Press (appears in paper edition) 307691 for the Olive Press with its increasingly silly stories.

Where do they dredge these people up from!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Sun 26 Aug - 20:37

Story from May 2012:(so they've changed the story a little in august)

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2012/05/08/did-german-couple-snatch-maddie-mccann/

Police probe whether German couple could have snatched a ‘groggy’ Madeleine McCann?
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
 Was Maddie in Ibiza? The Olive Press (appears in paper edition) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 Was Maddie in Ibiza? The Olive Press (appears in paper edition) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 26 Aug - 20:40

"... he immediately contacted the British Police."

Or should that be the British English police ...

And why does he (and The Olive Press, who should know better) think that the UK police are one big homogenous mass?

This latest barmy article would even make a pig laugh ...  Was Maddie in Ibiza? The Olive Press (appears in paper edition) 771556
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 26 Aug - 20:45

Annabel wrote:Story from May 2012:(so they've changed the story a little in august)

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2012/05/08/did-german-couple-snatch-maddie-mccann/

Police probe whether German couple could have snatched a ‘groggy’ Madeleine McCann?

Here's the topic about the remarkably similar earlier story.

http://www.missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t20190-that-wasn-t-maddie-it-was-my-daughter-dailymail
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 26 Aug - 20:54

Annabel wrote:http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

Was Maddie in Ibiza?, 26 August 2012

Man believes he saw the missing girl on a flight to Germany

Vol 6, No 142 Aug 23 - Sept 05 2012

A German holiday maker has claimed he saw Madeleine McCann aboard a flight from Ibiza to Munich.

Frank Bode, 42, was returning home to Germany earlier this month following a five day break in Spain when he caught sight of a girl that immediately reminded him of the missing toddler.

"My intuition told me that the girl, who was around seven to 10 years old, could be Madeleine," Bode told the Olive Press.

"She didn't seem to fit in with her family. Her father was clearly German as were her two brothers, both around 10 to 12 years old, but her mother appeared to be British.

"They were all speaking German except for the girl who I clearly heard speaking British English."

He continued, "The two boys were touching her strangely and the girl seemed totally out of place - nervous, stuttering, just not normal. And her mother, who bore no resemblance to the girl, was a strange woman and didn't talk the entire trip.

"I was never very interested in the case, but my instinct told me something was up, and I'm almost never wrong about these kind of things," added Bode, a sales manager for a currency printing company.

"I took a photo and showed it to some of my friends who agreed it could definitely be Maddie."

Bode was so convinced the girl on his Lufthansa flight was Maddie, who disappeared from Portugal in 2007, he immediately contacted the British Police.

"The woman at the hotline said it is on file, but that's all she said.

"I'm mainly interested in the family getting the photo, but it's difficult to find a channel through which to contact them."

When the Olive Press contacted British Police about Bode's report, they said: "At this time we cannot find any record of his information."

If the mother didn't speak the entire trip, why would she appear to be British? And if everyone else was speaking German and the mother didn't speak at all, who was the girl speaking English with/to?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 26 Aug - 20:58

"The two boys were touching her strangely ..."

And what the hell does THAT mean?

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 26 Aug - 21:04

It should be fairly easy to identify the people this 'witness,' is referring to. From where he was sitting, he could indicate where the couple with the children were sitting and they could be identified from the passenger list.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 26 Aug - 21:30

almostgothic wrote:"The two boys were touching her strangely ..."

And what the hell does THAT mean?

THE MIND BOGGLES
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  flower Sun 26 Aug - 21:49

"She didn't fit in with the family"

After 5 years I think Madeleine would by now fit in with any family................
flower
flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 678
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 26 Aug - 22:01

Mmmmm, very thought provoking... I wonder what Herr Bode was smoking just before boarding his flight?
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 26 Aug - 22:37

malena stool wrote:Mmmmm, very thought provoking... I wonder what Herr Bode was smoking just before boarding his flight?
WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SOME WEED OR OTHER?
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Sun 26 Aug - 23:47

I'd have punched the lights out of anyone taking a photo of my family.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sun 26 Aug - 23:52

LJC wrote:

I'd have punched the lights out of anyone taking a photo of my family.

Photograph any child who's with me (without permission) and you'll be eating through a straw for a couple of weeks.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Mon 27 Aug - 1:59

What I find most interesting about this "sighting" is that just months ago it would have been splattered all over the papers, not just a single paper. Interest in the case is fading, as most sane and clear-thinking people realize that Madeleine is mostly likely dead. One would not even have to read the case files or know of Amaral's book to come to that conclusion. Sadly, children go missing, and the longer they are missing, the less likely they are to be found alive. This man was just seeking his five minutes of fame, but apparentley he was too late.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 27 Aug - 8:19

This article now online:

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2012/08/27/was-madeleine-mccann-in-ibiza/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Was+Madeleine+McCann+in+Ibiza%3F

ETA - and for those with much better eyesight than mine, there is now a photo, taken by Herr Bode, of the latest Not-Madeleine.

Enjoy.

Last edited by almostgothic on Mon 27 Aug - 12:27; edited 1 time in total
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 27 Aug - 12:17

The Olive Press offers a brief, self-justifying apologia for all those unbelievably daft faux sightings:

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2012/08/27/false-maddie-trails/

"With each story that appears, hope is temporarily revived only for it to seemingly be dashed again, but the media has a duty to keep these cases in the public domain."

Aw bless.
It's all about duty then.
Such decency and altruism.

Nothing to do with circulation figures, sensationalism or flogging manure to the Scum.
Hush my wicked mouth for even thinking that ......
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 27 Aug - 12:52

almostgothic wrote:This article now online:

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2012/08/27/was-madeleine-mccann-in-ibiza/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Was+Madeleine+McCann+in+Ibiza%3F

ETA - and for those with much better eyesight than mine, there is now a photo, taken by Herr Bode, of the latest Not-Madeleine.

Enjoy.

I don't think that having excellent eyesight will help much here.

You'd think though that the parents of a missing child would definitely investigate all sightings especially those who claim to leave no stone unturned!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Mon 27 Aug - 12:56

How did he come the the conclusion that it WAS Madeleine. Which photo was he comparing the girl with. I personally think that this is more bullshit.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Mon 27 Aug - 13:01

Even blurred it's nothing like her.

Was Maddie in Ibiza? The Olive Press (appears in paper edition) Maddie-mccann-flight-ibiza-to-germany
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Mon 27 Aug - 13:25

ann_chovey wrote:Even blurred it's nothing like her.

Was Maddie in Ibiza? The Olive Press (appears in paper edition) Maddie-mccann-flight-ibiza-to-germany

You would need a good imagination.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  mummy45 Mon 27 Aug - 13:38

East to check flight list
Easy to upload photo
Easy to find photo to compare to
Why not look into it? Any parent with a child missing would look further even if no resemblance a combination of hope and desperation but these 2
can dismiss things without even seeing Psychic doctors
mummy45
mummy45
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 170
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 27 Aug - 20:51

A blind man on a galloping horse could see this isn't anything like Madeleine, but if one of my children had gone missing I'd certainly want to check it out... Why aren't you on a plane for Germany, Kate and Gerry?
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 27 Aug - 22:28

Madeleines hair wasn't even blond when she went 'missing' so it would be even darker now.....that girl has blond hair and doesn't even look 9 or 10
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next