Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grief unites Morcombe, McCann families

+6
weissnicht
kitti
tigger
whatsupdoc
AnnaEsse
Annabel
10 posters

Go down

Grief unites Morcombe, McCann families Empty Grief unites Morcombe, McCann families

Post  Annabel Tue 4 Sep - 6:53

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2012/09/04/437731_gold-coast-news.html

Grief unites Morcombe, McCann families

Ann Wason Moore | 10:47am September 4, 2012

TWO families half a world apart have been brought together by their shared pain.

Bruce and Denise Morcombe, whose son Daniel, 13, was abducted in December 2003, have become firm friends with British couple Gerry and Kate McCann.

The McCann's daughter Madeleine was abducted while the family holidayed in Portugal in May 2007. She has never been found.

Daniel Morcombe's disappearance was not solved until August last year when some of Daniel's bones and clothing were found in a creek in the Glass House Mountains. A Perth man was arrested and charged with murder.

Bruce and Denise Morcombe told SHE Magazine they connected online with the McCanns years ago, later meeting in person for a few pints at a pub.

"Obviously and unfortunately we have a lot in common," Mr Morcombe said.

"Everyone knows our story and everyone knows the story of Madeleine McCann.

"We all understand what it's like to have that uncertainty, that pain, that nightmare and intrusion."

The families met up when the Morcombes were touring the UK last year, and they stayed in the McCanns' home.

"They are truly lovely, wonderful people," Mr Morcombe said.

"Like us, this just came out of nowhere for them.

"And like us, they have vowed to fight on for the truth.

"We're more than victims of circumstance and more than friends now.

"We're part of the family of survivors."

Read the rest of the interview in SHE Magazine, free in today's Gold Coast Bulletin.
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
Grief unites Morcombe, McCann families Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Grief unites Morcombe, McCann families Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Grief unites Morcombe, McCann families Empty Re: Grief unites Morcombe, McCann families

Post  Panda Tue 4 Sep - 7:46

Thanks Annabel

Rupert Murdoch owns Newspapers in Australia...........need I say more???

"Daniel Morcombe's disappearance was not solved until August last year when some of Daniel's bones and clothing were found in a creek in the Glass House Mountains. A Perth man was arrested and charged with murder"

I should think the McCanns would not want to have that printed, they are still insisting Madeleiene is alive.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Grief unites Morcombe, McCann families Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Grief unites Morcombe, McCann families Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Grief unites Morcombe, McCann families Empty Re: Grief unites Morcombe, McCann families

Post  kitti Tue 4 Sep - 7:58

I don't believe for one minute that the Mccanns organised this.....PR.

I still think that someone is pulling there strings and telling them do such things to get there 'profile' looking good......using people to make them look like innocent and suffering parents ....they will use whoever they need to use...simple as that.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 4 Sep - 8:07

Murdoch does own this paper.

And it's an old story - August 2011.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/morcombes-and-mccanns-united-in-grief-20110817-1iwsv.html

Interesting that someone thought it was important to regurgitate it now.

Oh my aching sides ......
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 4 Sep - 8:14

Thanks for confirming my suspicion was right almostgothic.

I think it has something to do with Kate's new book which The Sun has probably already signed a Contract with the McCanns to serialise. This article does them no harm, "staying in their home" sharing grief etc.

Also, I don't think they are so confident about winning the upcoming Trial which is why they want a video link instead of

going to Portugal and risk being given red carnations again.Grief unites Morcombe, McCann families 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 4 Sep - 8:26

Panda wrote:Thanks Annabel

"Daniel Morcombe's disappearance was not solved until August last year when some of Daniel's bones and clothing were found in a creek in the Glass House Mountains. A Perth man was arrested and charged with murder"

I should think the McCanns would not want to have that printed, they are still insisting Madeleiene is alive.

I'm still convinced that Maddie will be found when a dog (or some other small carnivore) runs off a tip carrying a human bone.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Tue 4 Sep - 8:38

AnnaEsse wrote:

I'm still convinced that Maddie will be found when a dog (or some other small carnivore) runs off a tip carrying a human bone.

Or that vase falls off the shelf.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 4 Sep - 8:40

theres no links between the mcanns and the Morcombes daniel was 13 maddie was 3 ............and daniels parents physically looked for him for 8 bloody years!!! i mean day and night denise never said it was too dark for her like kate mcann did!!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 4 Sep - 8:45

AnnaEsse wrote:

If the McCanns did hide Madeleiene's body, I think Jon Corner could have hidden it in the equipment costing £1.800 he had shipped back to the U.K......speculative I know, but anything goes in this case.Grief unites Morcombe, McCann families 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Tue 4 Sep - 8:48

Panda wrote:Thanks for confirming my suspicion was right almostgothic.

I think it has something to do with Kate's new book which The Sun has probably already signed a Contract with the McCanns to serialise. This article does them no harm, "staying in their home" sharing grief etc.

Also, I don't think they are so confident about winning the upcoming Trial which is why they want a video link instead of

going to Portugal and risk being given red carnations again.Grief unites Morcombe, McCann families 294124

I don't know about the red carnations? What significance does this have?

And as Justiceforallkids says: it's an old story, to cushion the blow to the McCanns and create even more xenophobia when Amaral wins? He didn't start the case in the first place

They're printing outright lies about him in the OP by saying that he is taken to court by the McCanns for saying they killed Madeleine. Note that the money isn't mentioned.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 4 Sep - 8:53

tigger wrote:
Panda wrote:Thanks for confirming my suspicion was right almostgothic.

I don't know about the red carnations? What significance does this have?

And as Justiceforallkids says: it's an old story, to cushion the blow to the McCanns and create even more xenophobia when Amaral wins? He didn't start the case in the first place

They're printing outright lies about him in the OP by saying that he is taken to court by the McCanns for saying they killed Madeleine. Note that the money isn't mentioned.

intresting kate and gerrry invited the Morcombes to stay with them so they (kate and gerry) could get more publicity here in australia when the media reported on it??
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 4 Sep - 9:03

Morning tigger, when the McCanns emerged from the Courthouse in Portugal during the injunction case, there was quite a crowd outside and some gave the McCanns red carnations which the McCanns smiled and thanked them for. It turned out the gesture was an insult because the Group holding the Carnations were Members of a political Freedom group whose symbol is a red carnation and they were showing their disgust at the injunction of Amaral's book.Grief unites Morcombe, McCann families 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 4 Sep - 9:19

More about the red carnation symbolism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnation_Revolution
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 4 Sep - 9:25

I'd never heard about the freedom group and the McCanns but it's perhaps not surprising that the incident was played down. Red carnations normally signify something like "my heart aches for you" so the McCanns must have thought they were among devoted fans!

This nauseating regurgitated story about the meeting between the Morcombes and the McCanns nearly had the same effect on my breakfast. Grief unites Morcombe, McCann families 477442

I feel so sorry for the Morcombes - not just for the loss of their son but for having been taken for jackasses by the McCanns.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 4 Sep - 10:55

The incident with the Carnations was televised and I think the reason for Gerry sending Fiona Payne to Portugal to sit next to Kate at the hearing on the grounds that he had to return to work was cowardly. He didn't want to face the Reporters again.

I do sense a desperation now in the McCann camp and this clutching at straws with ridiculous sightings and the "kind" McCanns ,plus the request to have a video link and the demand for E1.2 million damages is way beyond any award the Portugese Court would normally make. Add to this the fact that after 15 months the SY review has found nothing to suggest Madeleine was abducted , a Senior Police Officer is questioning the cost ....maybe the tide is turning .!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 4 Sep - 11:25

I still believe that Madeleine is buried somewhere in Portugal hence Kate McCann slipping up by saying...'I feel close to Madeleine here...I mean she could be anywhere.......'...

Kate Mccanns little secret jaunts back to portugal to see 'friends'.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Tue 4 Sep - 12:11

They met last year.. and .... a wonder.. it is in a paper today.. why on earth.

Did mccanns call them and said: we need free "sing praises" PR.. or what?
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 4 Sep - 12:22

weissnicht wrote:They met last year.. and .... a wonder.. it is in a paper today.. why on earth.

Did mccanns call them and said: we need free "sing praises" PR.. or what?

The article appeared a year ago in Rupert Murdoch's Australian Newspaper......this is a cheap regurgitation for the Amaral

Trial , hopefully taking place on 13th of September,
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 4 Sep - 12:27

Things come in threes as they say so we've had the silly sighting in Ibiza and a rehash of a "what wonderful people the McCanns are to think of others" story from last year - so I wonder what the next one will be!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 4 Sep - 12:36

An Appeal for the Find Madeleine Fund?

Didn't we give enough already (before certain things became apparent)?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 4 Sep - 12:37

Hewlett might be due for another airing.
And the ubiquitous gypsies.
Or a sighting in Holland.
By someone in heath/social care.
And connections with Leicester.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 4 Sep - 12:43

The McCanns daren't ask for more donations when Kate has made so much money from the sales of her Books.!!!

I think a sighting in a Country never mentioned before , outer Mongolia springs to mind.Grief unites Morcombe, McCann families 25346

Or, what about a holidaymaker visiting Russia, buys a set of Dolls, you know the ones that fit into each other from a local stall where the owner says he made them himself. On her return home to the U.K. she realises how much the face of the Doll looks like Madeleine and the significance and contacts Leicester Police.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 4 Sep - 13:03

almostgothic wrote:Murdoch does own this paper.

And it's an old story - August 2011.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/morcombes-and-mccanns-united-in-grief-20110817-1iwsv.html

Interesting that someone thought it was important to regurgitate it now.

Oh my aching sides ......

Oh dear. 'Truly lovely, wonderful people' do NOT neglect their children night after night AND they search for them when they go missing. What planet are these people on? Grief unites Morcombe, McCann families 87849
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 4 Sep - 13:05

I don't blame the Morcombes or anyone else in their situation as they can't be expected to know that the media isn't reporting the McCann story properly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 4 Sep - 13:08

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I don't blame the Morcombes or anyone else in their situation as they can't be expected to know that the media isn't reporting the McCann story properly.

daniels mum denise hada pretty public nervius breakdown........ losing daniel destroyed their lives daniel also has a living twin brother......
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum