Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revealed: Sex Abuse Charges for Top Child Doctor

4 posters

Go down

Revealed: Sex Abuse Charges for Top Child Doctor Empty Revealed: Sex Abuse Charges for Top Child Doctor

Post  interested Sat 8 Sep - 0:04

Saturday front page of Independent indicates exclusive story re above topic. I haven't seen the article but could be of interest.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Revealed: Sex Abuse Charges for Top Child Doctor Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Revealed: Sex Abuse Charges for Top Child Doctor Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Revealed: Sex Abuse Charges for Top Child Doctor Empty Re: Revealed: Sex Abuse Charges for Top Child Doctor

Post  T4two Sat 8 Sep - 0:25

interested wrote:Saturday front page of Independent indicates exclusive story re above topic. I haven't seen the article but could be of interest.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/revealed-sex-abuse-charges-for-top-child-doctor-8118206.html
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :
Revealed: Sex Abuse Charges for Top Child Doctor Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Revealed: Sex Abuse Charges for Top Child Doctor Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Revealed: Sex Abuse Charges for Top Child Doctor Empty Re: Revealed: Sex Abuse Charges for Top Child Doctor

Post  interested Sat 8 Sep - 0:43

Thanks to T4two for providing the link.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 8 Sep - 9:10

That is an old story.....why have they regurgitated it again, not that I'm moaning about it but it's very odd.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 8 Sep - 9:14

Ah....i see it went to trial because i thought a while ago he was going to get away with it.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 8 Sep - 9:58

Another physician with a speciality in cardiology.....
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 8 Sep - 10:44

kitti wrote:Ah....i see it went to trial because i thought a while ago he was going to get away with it.

Actually kitte you were correct in thinking that he was going to get away with it because apparently charges were not brought by the Met at the time. This appears to be the professional body or tribunal taking the action. It's an interesting precedent. Even though he's more of a recognized expert than a certain celebrity bad parent who comes to mind, the good doctor apparently doesn't have the right connections. I particularly like the following quotation from the article:

... When the allegations first emerged, the Metropolitan Police travelled to Kenya in 2008 to investigate and interviewed A among other witnesses but no prosecution was brought. UK residents can be prosecuted for crimes against children abroad but only for those committed after May 2004. ...
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sat 8 Sep - 17:31

"...U.K. residents can be prosecuted for crimes against children abroad but only for those committed after May 2004..."

Surely that includes the crime of leaving three children under the age of four unattended for several nights in May 2007.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 8 Sep - 17:41

............ if that actually happened.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 8 Sep - 18:04

Debatable I agree but, if it did happen, don't forget the three other wonderful sets of parents who admit to leaving their children unattended - two of whom were ill at the time!

If they thought that this was better than revealing what actually happened, we can only wonder how bad the reality was.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down