Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

trial delayed to january

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  Panda on Tue 11 Sep - 12:16

It is only Sept. 11th so 5 months is right, I don't subscribe to the occult Oldartform or anything supernatural about the protagonists in this case. LOL I would however like to know just exactly what is wrong with Amaral's Lawyer , maybe the Portugese Press will comment on this.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  Guest on Tue 11 Sep - 12:23

The medical status of Amaral's Lawyer is a personal and private matter - except in so far as him having to satisfy the Judiciary/Court Officials that the request for delay was appropriate. There really is not a conspiracy lurking behind every door.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  almostgothic on Tue 11 Sep - 12:35

The exact nature of the lawyer's medical condition does not concern me..
I just hope the guy is restored to good health, a hope from one human being to another.

And better that Mr Amaral has a lawyer on tip-top form in January than one under the weather in September.

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  Panda on Tue 11 Sep - 12:39

The End Is Nigh wrote:The medical status of Amaral's Lawyer is a personal and private matter - except in so far as him having to satisfy the Judiciary/Court Officials that the request for delay was appropriate. There really is not a conspiracy lurking behind every door.

Well TEIN, sorry to say, this is a farce of a case. I have lost interest in it from today and see the money wasted by both Countries in this case has made the McCanns and the Tapas 7 richer.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  cass on Tue 11 Sep - 12:39

Panda wrote:
Oldartform wrote:
Panda wrote:
Oldartform wrote:Talk about the McCann`s `suffering` - ha ha - what about poor Goncalo. Sofia has said he`s ill, his previous lawyer got ill and now his present lawyer is ill and has to have surgery. Ah well dear Kate wanted revenge - seems she`s getting it. `Eye of newt and toe of frog` etc ......


Makes one wonder, particularly as Maddie disappeared on the occasion of the full moon being in Scorpio and during the festival of Beltane. Plus the symbolism of the thousand lights - all very occult.




I don't know about that Oldartform I put it down to political intrigue.LOL Here we have a case presented over two years ago which unless there is something we don't know , should have been tried long before now. A date of 13th September is finally given, Amaral's Lawyer is suddenly taken ill but deemed well enough to attend the hearing ONE WEEK LATER. Now we are told he has to have an operation and the case is delayed for 5 MONTHS!!!!! No symptoms revealed about exactly what is wrong with him .....I had quite a serious operation about 3 years ago, had to have a blood transfusion etc, but still fully recovered after 3 months. Iv'e lost all faith in justice for Madeleine .
panda love we have had our ups and downs regarding this case to have our hopes dashed --- i used to spend hrs and hrs every day on forums -- my friends and family think im nutty that i keep a intersest still in the case obbsessed they say -- hands up i am --- for the last 6 months ive been up and down --- more down than up because of none news --- what does justice mean ? someone said in the early days if you think the mcanns and tapas will ever face a court you are wrong -- i said they was talking out of their arse -- that in no way can a beautiful innocent little girl leave the uk never to return -- and it be covered up -- no way --- as the years have gone by it seems that madeleine is not the focus anymore -- just the the mcanns reputation etc -- justice works in many ways --- but sorry to say -- cannot see it happening for a very long time if ever

cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1652
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  Panda on Tue 11 Sep - 13:08

Hi cass, like most of you , from day I I have followed the ups and downs of this case,.my friends think I'm nuts for being so obsessed and the only way I can disuss it is on this Forum . However, this latest setback , although most will see it as just that, is suspicious to me and I cannot think of one person involved as having any merit. From the Leicester Police inspector telling the Tapas Group not to bother attending a recon because he didn't see any benefit in it, the many who have made money from Madeleine's disappearance, the millions of Pounds wasted by both Countries with nothing to report and now this latest development.



I'll stick to the Euro crisis and post again when something inccredible happens, like the McCanns are tried for Fraud or something, that should be easier to prove than trying to implicate them in Madeleine's disappearance which has been a Godsend for the many Lawyers involved.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Tue 11 Sep - 13:24

That reminds me Panda that the only thing that Al Capone was ever convicted of was tax evasion!

There certainly seems to be in my view sufficient evidence for the McCanns to be investigated for offences relating to the Fund but, while SY is falling over itself to accommodate their every wish, that's not very likely to happen.

A reminder of the independent report into the Fund.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id405.html

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6697
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  Justiceforallkids on Tue 11 Sep - 13:30

the thing is thpugh the mcanns and pro mcanns have beggded for us to go away for 5 years are we going to let them win and let maddie down yet again like everybody has?? NOT me thats for surre

Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 37
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  Panda on Tue 11 Sep - 13:49

[quote="Not Born Yesterday"]That reminds me Panda that the only thing that Al Capone was ever convicted of was tax evasion!

There certainly seems to be in my view sufficient evidence for the McCanns to be investigated for offences relating to the Fund but, while SY is falling over itself to accommodate their every wish, that's not very likely to happen.

A reminder of the independent report into the Fund.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id405.html[/quote]

Yes, thanks NBY I have read it, very good article. The Point I would make about this latest "setback" which has taken over two years to be given a court date, now delayed twice is this. Had the case been tried earlier and the McCanns lost it would have put doubts in peoples minds, even maybe the Press who might have investigated the case further . It would have silenced the McCanns and saved both Countries a lot of money, Portugal is in dire straits economically so I don't blame them for not wanting to spend any more money on this case.

By ordering this review Cameron has done a lot of damage to the relationship of these two Countries if the SY report

proves nothing.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  Oldartform on Tue 11 Sep - 15:38

Panda wrote:It is only Sept. 11th so 5 months is right, I don't subscribe to the occult Oldartform or anything supernatural about the protagonists in this case. LOL I would however like to know just exactly what is wrong with Amaral's Lawyer , maybe the Portugese Press will comment on this.

Not saying you do Panda - just saying that some people do.

ok 4.5 months then

Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  Claudia79 on Tue 11 Sep - 15:43

I wish people would take the time to read and understand that what's happening with this case is NOT unusual at all! The fact that it has been postponed until January does not mean that the lawyer's recovery time will take that long. The problem is that every time there is a delay a new day has to be set where ALL people involved are available. And I'm sure you know judges, lawyers, prosecutors etc are involved in many other cases! There are cases which drag for years. Some more than a decade.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  Panda on Tue 11 Sep - 15:51

Oldartform wrote:
Panda wrote:It is only Sept. 11th so 5 months is right, I don't subscribe to the occult Oldartform or anything supernatural about the protagonists in this case. LOL I would however like to know just exactly what is wrong with Amaral's Lawyer , maybe the Portugese Press will comment on this.

Not saying you do Panda - just saying that some people do.

ok 4.5 months then

As I said earlier Oldartform, if this case had been tried earlier and the McCanns lost, who knows what the situation might be now? We might have discussed their arrest a year ago and been discussing other cases now.

You make a note now, if the January date is 10th January or later, it.s 5 months and don't go writing to Amaral to make sure it's before then.LOL

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  Panda on Tue 11 Sep - 16:00

Claudia79 wrote:I wish people would take the time to read and understand that what's happening with this case is NOT unusual at all! The fact that it has been postponed until January does not mean that the lawyer's recovery time will take that long. The problem is that every time there is a delay a new day has to be set where ALL people involved are available. And I'm sure you know judges, lawyers, prosecutors etc are involved in many other cases! There are cases which drag for years. Some more than a decade.

That's quite a feat then Claudia that the first delay was given only a week to be arranged. I expect you know what ails

Amaral's Lawyer , can you tell us or shall we wait until a Portugese or U.K. Paper reports on this..

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  Keela on Tue 11 Sep - 16:15

Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:I wish people would take the time to read and understand that what's happening with this case is NOT unusual at all! The fact that it has been postponed until January does not mean that the lawyer's recovery time will take that long. The problem is that every time there is a delay a new day has to be set where ALL people involved are available. And I'm sure you know judges, lawyers, prosecutors etc are involved in many other cases! There are cases which drag for years. Some more than a decade.

That's quite a feat then Claudia that the first delay was given only a week to be arranged. I expect you know what ails

Amaral's Lawyer , can you tell us or shall we wait until a Portugese or U.K. Paper reports on this..



Why are you so concerned to know what is the matter with his lawyer? If you had to go into hospital for an operation would you want everyone and his dog to know what the operation was for?

Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Age : 63
Location : Darkened room, hoping for the best.
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  Panda on Tue 11 Sep - 16:46

Keela wrote:
Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:I wish people would take the time to read and understand that what's happening with this case is NOT unusual at all! The fact that it has been postponed until January does not mean that the lawyer's recovery time will take that long. The problem is that every time there is a delay a new day has to be set where ALL people involved are available. And I'm sure you know judges, lawyers, prosecutors etc are involved in many other cases! There are cases which drag for years. Some more than a decade.

That's quite a feat then Claudia that the first delay was given only a week to be arranged. I expect you know what ails

Amaral's Lawyer , can you tell us or shall we wait until a Portugese or U.K. Paper reports on this..



Why are you so concerned to know what is the matter with his lawyer? If you had to go into hospital for an operation would you want everyone and his dog to know what the operation was for?

I just want to know why a date was fixed for the 20th so what is wrong with the Lawyer during that week Keela which has necessitated an operation, usually symptoms appear unless it is a Heart Attack or Stroke which symptoms would not be apparent during that week . If it is one of these conditions, wouldn't it be better not to give another date until the Lawyer makes a full recovery ?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  MaryB on Tue 11 Sep - 16:51

I must say I find it quite strange that a trial is delayed for five months because a lawyer is ill. Wouldn't people just have to appoint somebody else. I could see it if it was suddenly taken ill a few days before. It just seems strange to me. And it;s difficult not to speculate about the impact. Like whether or not this review will be any further forwards. And even if they didn't finish the review would they still reach a conclusion. Hmm it's all very mysterious. It's that world again. They whole thing from start to finish is one complete mystery and makes no logical sense.

MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  Panda on Tue 11 Sep - 17:03

MaryB wrote:I must say I find it quite strange that a trial is delayed for five months because a lawyer is ill. Wouldn't people just have to appoint somebody else. I could see it if it was suddenly taken ill a few days before. It just seems strange to me. And it;s difficult not to speculate about the impact. Like whether or not this review will be any further forwards. And even if they didn't finish the review would they still reach a conclusion. Hmm it's all very mysterious. It's that world again. They whole thing from start to finish is one complete mystery and makes no logical sense.



Thanks MaryB:flower:

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  pennylane on Tue 11 Sep - 17:11

A 5-month delay following an operation and recovery, could primarily be due to the next available court date.

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Tue 11 Sep - 17:13

Claudia79 wrote:I wish people would take the time to read and understand that what's happening with this case is NOT unusual at all! The fact that it has been postponed until January does not mean that the lawyer's recovery time will take that long. The problem is that every time there is a delay a new day has to be set where ALL people involved are available. And I'm sure you know judges, lawyers, prosecutors etc are involved in many other cases! There are cases which drag for years. Some more than a decade.

I'm sure that's the same everywhere. Thank you for clarifying that, Claudia.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6697
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  pennylane on Tue 11 Sep - 17:20

Not Born Yesterday wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:I wish people would take the time to read and understand that what's happening with this case is NOT unusual at all! The fact that it has been postponed until January does not mean that the lawyer's recovery time will take that long. The problem is that every time there is a delay a new day has to be set where ALL people involved are available. And I'm sure you know judges, lawyers, prosecutors etc are involved in many other cases! There are cases which drag for years. Some more than a decade.

I'm sure that's the same everywhere. Thank you for clarifying that, Claudia.

Whoops, more or less what I was stating above but far better explained. Thanks Claudia.

Dr Amaral has my deepest respect, and whatever reasons he and his lawyer have for the delay, whether tactical or due to ill health, is fine by me.

I hope and pray the libel trial goes 100% in Dr Amaral's favour.... that is my main concern.

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  mossman on Tue 11 Sep - 17:23

Claudia79 wrote:I wish people would take the time to read and understand that what's happening with this case is NOT unusual at all! The fact that it has been postponed until January does not mean that the lawyer's recovery time will take that long. The problem is that every time there is a delay a new day has to be set where ALL people involved are available. And I'm sure you know judges, lawyers, prosecutors etc are involved in many other cases! There are cases which drag for years. Some more than a decade.



Sweet devine mother of god - "some more than a decade" !. My heart will not take that, I can't begin to understand how Mr Amaral puts up with it.

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  Claudia79 on Tue 11 Sep - 17:59

Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:I wish people would take the time to read and understand that what's happening with this case is NOT unusual at all! The fact that it has been postponed until January does not mean that the lawyer's recovery time will take that long. The problem is that every time there is a delay a new day has to be set where ALL people involved are available. And I'm sure you know judges, lawyers, prosecutors etc are involved in many other cases! There are cases which drag for years. Some more than a decade.

That's quite a feat then Claudia that the first delay was given only a week to be arranged. I expect you know what ails

Amaral's Lawyer , can you tell us or shall we wait until a Portugese or U.K. Paper reports on this..

I don't know, I haven't asked and even if I had I wouldn't talk about someone's illness on a forum. Especially someone I don't know.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  Claudia79 on Tue 11 Sep - 18:01

Yesterday a verdict was reached for a case of tax evasion in which a former Portuguese known footballer was involved. The supposed tax evasion happened in the summer of 2000. The verdict was yesterday.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  Chris on Tue 11 Sep - 18:13

Panda wrote:
Keela wrote:
Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:I wish people would take the time to read and understand that what's happening with this case is NOT unusual at all! The fact that it has been postponed until January does not mean that the lawyer's recovery time will take that long. The problem is that every time there is a delay a new day has to be set where ALL people involved are available. And I'm sure you know judges, lawyers, prosecutors etc are involved in many other cases! There are cases which drag for years. Some more than a decade.

That's quite a feat then Claudia that the first delay was given only a week to be arranged. I expect you know what ails

Amaral's Lawyer , can you tell us or shall we wait until a Portugese or U.K. Paper reports on this..



Why are you so concerned to know what is the matter with his lawyer? If you had to go into hospital for an operation would you want everyone and his dog to know what the operation was for?

I just want to know why a date was fixed for the 20th so what is wrong with the Lawyer during that week Keela which has necessitated an operation, usually symptoms appear unless it is a Heart Attack or Stroke which symptoms would not be apparent during that week . If it is one of these conditions, wouldn't it be better not to give another date until the Lawyer makes a full recovery ?

Was a revised date ever fixed for the 20th? As I recall when the trial dates were announced it was a projected 4 day hearing - 13th and 14th and two days the following week. Maybe it was just assumed it would start on the 20th one of the original dates. Since all this talk of a week adjournment was never from any official source it is just as likely the 20th was a red herring.


Last edited by Chris on Tue 11 Sep - 18:21; edited 1 time in total

Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1607
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  Carolina on Tue 11 Sep - 18:18

Panda wrote:
Keela wrote:
Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:I wish people would take the time to read and understand that what's happening with this case is NOT unusual at all! The fact that it has been postponed until January does not mean that the lawyer's recovery time will take that long. The problem is that every time there is a delay a new day has to be set where ALL people involved are available. And I'm sure you know judges, lawyers, prosecutors etc are involved in many other cases! There are cases which drag for years. Some more than a decade.

That's quite a feat then Claudia that the first delay was given only a week to be arranged. I expect you know what ails

Amaral's Lawyer , can you tell us or shall we wait until a Portugese or U.K. Paper reports on this..



Why are you so concerned to know what is the matter with his lawyer? If you had to go into hospital for an operation would you want everyone and his dog to know what the operation was for?

I just want to know why a date was fixed for the 20th so what is wrong with the Lawyer during that week Keela which has necessitated an operation, usually symptoms appear unless it is a Heart Attack or Stroke which symptoms would not be apparent during that week . If it is one of these conditions, wouldn't it be better not to give another date until the Lawyer makes a full recovery ?

You don't need to know what the problem is with the lawyer, the only persons who need to know are the judicial authorities. Also, with regard to the supposed new dates a week later, I believe that it was a mistake made by a blogger who said that the trial had been delayed for a week due to the fact that the second session was already scheduled for 20 and 21 September. Nothing really important, these things happen all of the time.

Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Age : 70
Location : Algarve, Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: trial delayed to january

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:51


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum