Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good?

Go down

Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Empty Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good?

Post  comperedna on Mon 1 Oct - 12:05

The prime minister, in the UK, on the advice of the security services maybe? Panda, do you know? Annaesse, do you? I don't often write on here. I more usually read, but my mind has been fired up by new thoughts after seeing the DA notices slapped on Paulo Reis, a foreign journo domiciled in Macao, and using a foreign ISP, and on Joana Morais a Portuguese journalist living in Portugal and again, not using a UK ISP. Even in the UK these things are not legal documents but 'gentlemen's agreements' between UK media proprietors not to publish something 'for security reasons' (usually unspecified)! Joana took her posting down: fortunately I had read it through first, presumably to consult further with lawyers. Are we to assume the UK and Portugal have some agreement over this, or is it a collossal quasi-imperial bluff? The problem appears to be about the identity of H.E. whose name must never be mentioned, let alone his previous job, who was also in PDL at the time, and with the McCanns and co, but who may be the one who did the swift runner back to the UK. Slapping on a DA notice makes it seem 'there is something serious to look at here'. It has set a lot of fresh hares running in my mind. Certain ideas I have could explain a couple of puzzling statements: one by GM and one by Diane Webster... but then, this case is all thistledown in the wind, isn't it? Maybe H.E. applied to the courts and got a DA notice ... on very thin grounds... but it surely wouldn't apply abroad?
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :
Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Empty Re: Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good?

Post  Panda on Tue 12 Nov - 20:53

comperedna wrote:The prime minister, in the UK, on the advice of the security services maybe? Panda, do you know?  Annaesse, do you? I don't often write on here. I more usually read, but my mind has been fired up by new thoughts after seeing the DA notices slapped on Paulo Reis, a foreign journo domiciled in Macao, and using a foreign ISP, and on Joana Morais a Portuguese journalist living in Portugal and again, not using a UK ISP. Even in the UK these things are not legal documents but 'gentlemen's agreements' between UK media proprietors not to publish something 'for security reasons' (usually unspecified)! Joana took her posting down: fortunately I had read it through first, presumably to consult further with lawyers. Are we to assume the UK and Portugal have some agreement over this, or is it a collossal quasi-imperial bluff? The problem appears to be about the identity of H.E. whose name must never be mentioned, let alone his previous job, who was also in PDL at the time, and with the McCanns and co, but who may be the one who did the swift runner back to the UK. Slapping on a DA notice makes it seem 'there is something serious to look at here'. It has set a lot of fresh hares running in my mind. Certain ideas I have could explain a couple of puzzling statements: one by GM and one by Diane Webster... but then, this case is all thistledown in the wind, isn't it? Maybe H.E. applied to the courts and got a DA notice ... on very thin grounds... but it surely wouldn't apply abroad?
 
Hi comparedna, I think this answers your query. I remember Tony Blair slapped a D Notice on the Sunday Herald to stop them publishing news about
homosexuality /pedophilia that was in the 70's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DA-Notice
 
"
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 62
Location : Wales
Warning :
Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Empty Re: Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good?

Post  tanszi on Wed 13 Nov - 1:52

well whether there was a D notice on things or not Exxton is all over the media as a result of the Crime Watch programme and the efits which he gave to the McCanns and which they suppressed for 5 years.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Empty Re: Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good?

Post  fred on Wed 13 Nov - 9:00

Who is H.E?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4925
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Empty Re: Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good?

Post  Panda on Wed 13 Nov - 9:36

Good Morning, who is Exxton and who is H.E.?Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? 25346 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 62
Location : Wales
Warning :
Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Empty Re: Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good?

Post  tanszi on Wed 13 Nov - 10:03

H E Is H Exxton of Oakley International, employed but not paid by Halligen. He is ex M15 who did the report for the McCs which was suppressed.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Empty Re: Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good?

Post  Panda on Wed 13 Nov - 10:08

tanszi wrote:H E Is H Exxton of Oakley International, employed but not paid by Halligen.  He is ex M15 who did the report for the McCs which was suppressed.
O.K. Thanks, another question where is this thread posted? it.s not in the Main Madeleine Thread and seems to be confined to last May.I know it.s early in the morning tanzi Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? 294124 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 62
Location : Wales
Warning :
Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Empty Re: Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good?

Post  tanszi on Wed 13 Nov - 10:23

yes maybe too early for me although half morning gone, which thread you referring to Panda.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Empty Re: Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good?

Post  Panda on Wed 13 Nov - 10:33

tanszi wrote:yes maybe too early for me although half morning gone, which thread you referring to Panda.
I started off last night answering a query from comparedna regarding D notices and thought it was from the small section , but this morning first of all you, then fred posted, but the last posts were May last Year , so this thread is not in the main Madeleine thread.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 62
Location : Wales
Warning :
Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Empty Re: Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good?

Post  chrissie on Wed 13 Nov - 10:46

Panda, it's in the Scotland Yard investigation section. I can't see any posts from May on this thread?
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Age : 58
Warning :
Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Empty Re: Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good?

Post  Panda on Wed 13 Nov - 13:30

chrissie wrote:Panda, it's in the Scotland Yard investigation section.  I can't see any posts from May on this thread?
thanks chrissie , found it, why isn't it in the main Maddie section? There is also another thread about the review and that one goes back to May , It's not one of my better days chrissie LOl
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 62
Location : Wales
Warning :
Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good? Empty Re: Who is able to slap on a DA notice? Where do they hold good?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum