Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  mossman on Mon 8 Oct - 8:54

When you go into the "about us" section, choose who we are, then ambassadors, she is not shown there. That is as far as I went this morning, bit early to see her face in front of me.

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  Panda on Mon 8 Oct - 8:58

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Kate is still there in all her (lack of) glory.

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/missing-people/about/kate

The horrible photo of her is still on the home page too.

Morning NBY there is no date on the article showing Kate running, the one where she is standing by the missing people poster is the one where she looks p***ed off.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Missing People website

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Mon 8 Oct - 8:59

Mossman, yes it is a bit risky just after breakfast! I've tried to access the "About us" section and got a warning message saying we don't recommend you going there as there is a problem with the website's security certificate!


Last edited by Not Born Yesterday on Mon 8 Oct - 9:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo corrected)

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6697
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  malena stool on Mon 8 Oct - 9:03

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Kate is still there in all her (lack of) glory.

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/missing-people/about/kate

The horrible photo of her is still on the home page too.

Yes, she certainly taken the word 'horrible' to a whole new dimension......
Kate's writing abilities are Horribly limited.
Kate's acting talents are Horribly lacking.
Kate has Horrible parenting skills.
Kate had a Horrible relationship with the Portuguese Police who searched for Madeleine.
Kate had a Horrible attitude when answering the legitimate questions put to her by the police.

I wonder if their income from donations has fallen Horribly since the Sainted one has taken up residence?

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13371
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  mossman on Mon 8 Oct - 9:10

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Mossman, yes it is a bit risky just after breakfast! I've tried to access the "About us" section and got a warning message saying we don't recommend you going there as there is a problem withe the website's security certificate!

I didn't get any such message, hope I have not been infected !

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  Panda on Mon 8 Oct - 9:27

back on topic.....



April Jones Suspect Arrives At Court


9:22am UK, Monday 08 October 2012







Mark Bridger has arrived at Aberystwyth Magistrates Court to face charges of abduction and murder.

The 46-year-old is also accused of perverting the course of justice.

It is now a week since five-year-old April was seen playing near her home in Machynlleth before she got into what is believed to be a Land Rover Discovery.

Hundreds gathered in the town yesterday for a silent march, followed by a special church service in remembrance of the youngster.

In a Facebook post this weekend, her mum Coral, 40, wrote: "April has still not been found, I am not giving up hope that she will come home, so please keep looking for my baby girl April, she's our world, the whole family are in bits as we don't know where she is."

From today, mountain rescue volunteers are scaling back their efforts because the work ahead is more suited to specialist police search teams.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  Panda on Mon 8 Oct - 10:14

April Jones: Suspect Appears In Court


The man suspected of abducting and murdering April Jones appears in court looking "tearful and tired".


10:00am UK, Monday 08 October 2012



Video: Mark Bridger appeared at Aberystwyth Magistrates' Court



Mark Bridger has appeared at Aberystwyth Magistrates Court to face charges of abducting and murdering April Jones.

The 46-year-old stood in the dock as the charges were put to him.

As well as abducting and murdering April, Bridger is charged with the unlawful disposal and concealment of her body with intent to pervert the course of justice.

Bridger was described as "tearful" as he spoke to confirm his name, age and address. He also confirmed he understood the charges.

He was remanded in custody and will next appear at Caernarfon Crown Court on Wednesday.

It is now a week since five-year-old April was seen playing near her home in Machynlleth before she got into what is believed to be a Land Rover Discovery.
April was reported missing a week ago
Hundreds gathered in the town yesterday for a silent march, followed by a special church service in remembrance of the youngster.

In a Facebook post this weekend, her mum Coral, 40, wrote: "April has still not been found, I am not giving up hope that she will come home, so please keep looking for my baby girl April, she's our world, the whole family are in bits as we don't know where she is."

From today, mountain rescue volunteers are scaling back their efforts because the work ahead is more suited to specialist police search teams.

Over the past seven days, mountain rescue teams have scoured 70 sq km of remote terrain, to no avail.

The number of police search teams will double from 10 to 18 as more officers are drafted in this week, and military assistance will remain for as long as police need them.
Search teams are continuing to comb the area
"We'll do what we're good at which is the wilderness and rural areas," Warrant Officer John Roe, from RAF Mountain Rescue, told Sky News.

"The police specialists are excellent in the urban areas and searching closer to people's homes and things like that. We're good at sustaining and keeping ourselves in the outdoor environments.

"So if the weather does deteriorate, we can continue searching, obviously we're far better at searching when there are good conditions."

He added: "We're here to help and we're wanting to do the best we can for the community and the family to try to get this resolved as soon as possible."

The searchers have made the town's leisure centre their base.

Although local volunteers were stood down last week, people in the close-knit community are continuing to help where they can.

Sue Winchurch and her family, who live seven miles from the town, travelled to the leisure centre yesterday to drop off food for the searchers.

"It's been my son's birthday and we've been over to the West Midlands for a party so we've brought over some things - leftover sandwiches and cakes - just because we wanted to do something," she said.

Sue, whose son Richard attends school in Machynlleth, added: "It's affected everyone and everyone's really scared and shocked. It's been really emotional for everyone."

Later, a man charged with posting offensive comments on Facebook about the missing youngster is due to appear before magistrates In Lancashire.

Matthew Wood, 20, from Chorley, Lancashire, has been charged under Section 127 of the Communications Act 2003 with sending by means of a public electronic communications network a message or other matter that is grossly offensive.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  kathybelle on Mon 8 Oct - 10:52

Panda wrote:April Jones: Suspect Appears In Court


The man suspected of abducting and murdering April Jones appears in court looking "tearful and tired".


10:00am UK, Monday 08 October 2012



Video: Mark Bridger appeared at Aberystwyth Magistrates' Court



Mark Bridger has appeared at Aberystwyth Magistrates Court to face charges of abducting and murdering April Jones.

The 46-year-old stood in the dock as the charges were put to him.

As well as abducting and murdering April, Bridger is charged with the unlawful disposal and concealment of her body with intent to pervert the course of justice.

Bridger was described as "tearful" as he spoke to confirm his name, age and address. He also confirmed he understood the charges.

He was remanded in custody and will next appear at Caernarfon Crown Court on Wednesday.

It is now a week since five-year-old April was seen playing near her home in Machynlleth before she got into what is believed to be a Land Rover Discovery.
April was reported missing a week ago
Hundreds gathered in the town yesterday for a silent march, followed by a special church service in remembrance of the youngster.

In a Facebook post this weekend, her mum Coral, 40, wrote: "April has still not been found, I am not giving up hope that she will come home, so please keep looking for my baby girl April, she's our world, the whole family are in bits as we don't know where she is."

From today, mountain rescue volunteers are scaling back their efforts because the work ahead is more suited to specialist police search teams.

Over the past seven days, mountain rescue teams have scoured 70 sq km of remote terrain, to no avail.

The number of police search teams will double from 10 to 18 as more officers are drafted in this week, and military assistance will remain for as long as police need them.
Search teams are continuing to comb the area
"We'll do what we're good at which is the wilderness and rural areas," Warrant Officer John Roe, from RAF Mountain Rescue, told Sky News.

"The police specialists are excellent in the urban areas and searching closer to people's homes and things like that. We're good at sustaining and keeping ourselves in the outdoor environments.

"So if the weather does deteriorate, we can continue searching, obviously we're far better at searching when there are good conditions."

He added: "We're here to help and we're wanting to do the best we can for the community and the family to try to get this resolved as soon as possible."

The searchers have made the town's leisure centre their base.

Although local volunteers were stood down last week, people in the close-knit community are continuing to help where they can.

Sue Winchurch and her family, who live seven miles from the town, travelled to the leisure centre yesterday to drop off food for the searchers.

"It's been my son's birthday and we've been over to the West Midlands for a party so we've brought over some things - leftover sandwiches and cakes - just because we wanted to do something," she said.

Sue, whose son Richard attends school in Machynlleth, added: "It's affected everyone and everyone's really scared and shocked. It's been really emotional for everyone."

Later, a man charged with posting offensive comments on Facebook about the missing youngster is due to appear before magistrates In Lancashire.

Matthew Wood, 20, from Chorley, Lancashire, has been charged under Section 127 of the Communications Act 2003 with sending by means of a public electronic communications network a message or other matter that is grossly offensive.

Good morning Panda

Thanks for the information, regarding Mark Bridger's court appearance this morning. The information states that Bridger was tearful, when he said he understood the charges that were read out to him. If he has taken April and concealed her body, why on earth doesn't he say where he has put her, for the sake of her mum and dad, who will be suffering immensely, along with the rest of their family.

Bridger must have been a friend of April's family, for him to have been allowed to take April along with his two children, fishing for crabs and he must know that they are all in bits over April's disappearance. It's a pity that someone close to Bridger, someone who he would listen to,
can't appeal personally to him, to do the decent thing and tell the police where he put April's body. The very least her family deserve, is to give their little girl a decent burial.


kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  Panda on Mon 8 Oct - 11:46

Morning Kathybelle,

First of all, Bridger can't say where April's body is because that would be admission of guilt.

Secondly, he has not pleaded guilty, it is up to the Prosecutor to prove otherwise, and Bridger's Lawyer would have already advised him not to say anything.

Whether it was the Press or April's Friend who gave the colour of the Car when it was first reported that April got into a

Van as cream or white , I don't know but that is significant , because Bridgers is Blue.

Many years ago a Prostitute was found dead in her Flat and 3 Guys were named suspects. Although they protested their innocence they were found guilty and sentenced to several years imprisonment. About 3 years ago they were released after several appeals and found not guilty. The Birmingham 4 is another example.

Bridger's tears and tired look was more because of repeated questioning over the 5 days I should imagine and the fact that April's disappearance caused such unprecedented publicity for a small Town would put pressure on the Police to charge him.

I'm playing Devil's Advocate here because Bridger knew the Family and had taken April out with his own children. Why would he pick her up in an area where he would be spotted and drive off with her? There is no evidence he preyed on young girls as far as we know and nobody saw him as a suspicious person.

I'm not sure the Police had the right to search his home before he had been charged, all they had really was a little girl saying April got into a van because she knew the Driver , but the child did not identify Bridgers as the Driver as far as I know.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  kathybelle on Mon 8 Oct - 12:29

Panda wrote:Morning Kathybelle,

First of all, Bridger can't say where April's body is because that would be admission of guilt.

Secondly, he has not pleaded guilty, it is up to the Prosecutor to prove otherwise, and Bridger's Lawyer would have already advised him not to say anything.

Whether it was the Press or April's Friend who gave the colour of the Car when it was first reported that April got into a

Van as cream or white , I don't know but that is significant , because Bridgers is Blue.

Many years ago a Prostitute was found dead in her Flat and 3 Guys were named suspects. Although they protested their innocence they were found guilty and sentenced to several years imprisonment. About 3 years ago they were released after several appeals and found not guilty. The Birmingham 4 is another example.

Bridger's tears and tired look was more because of repeated questioning over the 5 days I should imagine and the fact that April's disappearance caused such unprecedented publicity for a small Town would put pressure on the Police to charge him.

I'm playing Devil's Advocate here because Bridger knew the Family and had taken April out with his own children. Why would he pick her up in an area where he would be spotted and drive off with her? There is no evidence he preyed on young girls as far as we know and nobody saw him as a suspicious person.

I'm not sure the Police had the right to search his home before he had been charged, all they had really was a little girl saying April got into a van because she knew the Driver , but the child did not identify Bridgers as the Driver as far as I know.

I know what your saying regarding Bridger not being found guilty of any offence, that is why I said if he had abducted April and concealed her body, he should say where he has put her. I have to say as well that it isn't up to the police to press charges against anyone, without the say so of the CPS. The CPS representative, who was at the press conference last Saturday, said he had studied all the evidence presented to him by the police and there was enough evidence to charge Mark Bridger, with the 3 offences he was charged with.

http://blog.cps.gov.uk/

Regarding the child's description of the vehicle that April got into, the police would have been aware that the description they were given by the child was not an accurate one. What the child did say, which would have been helpful to the police, was that April got into what the child thought was a van, at the driver's side and the police deduced that the van/car would have been a left hand drive. Bridger's landrover was a left hand drive. I would imagine that when the landrover was taken away, to be examined by Forensic Scientists, there must have been evidence in the vehicle, to show that April had been in the vehicle as recently as the day she disappeared.

Regarding the police searching Bridger's home, as long as they have a warrant, they have the power to search the property of anyone, if they suspect them of committing an offence.

Bridger is appearing in the Crown Court this Wednesday, it is there where he will enter a plea, if he chooses to do so. If he has taken April and concealed her body, I just hope he does what is right by her parents and not what is right by his lawyer, who will be looking to make money out of this case.

If Bridger has played no part in April's disappearance, then of course he must plead not guilty and let the British Justice take it's course.


kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  Panda on Mon 8 Oct - 12:53

Kathybelle, I didn't know about the left hand drive which is obviously significant , if he pleads not guilty he obviously can't say where April is. Do you remember reading at the very beginning that a pair of children's Sandals was found by the riverbank?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  kathybelle on Mon 8 Oct - 13:00

Panda wrote:Kathybelle, I didn't know about the left hand drive which is obviously significant , if he pleads not guilty he obviously can't say where April is. Do you remember reading at the very beginning that a pair of children's Sandals was found by the riverbank?

Hi Panda

No I don't remember reading about the sandals, I did read an article where two women said they saw a man throw something that was in a black bin liner, into a river. I'll try and find the article and the article about the sandals. Was April wearing sandals, on the night she disappeared?

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Surely the CPS must have had more to go on than we know?...

Post  comperedna on Mon 8 Oct - 13:29

I'm thinking that details currently unknown to us, included in the police's evidence presented to them, must have been enough to charge him... surely? There remains the five % of my thoughts which remembers Chris Jeffreys in the Joana case in Bristol, where the obvious, and in that case gratifyingly oddball looking person, was dragged in, and almost assumed to be guilty; and also the case of Barry George and the death of Jill Dando... just so obvious: the local slow-witted nutter.

Do we suppose that this man was on the sex offenders register? Did the police seize his computers to look for child porn? We have not been told. Surely a man of 46 with child molesting predilections would have a record of offending behaviour and pictorial evidence at home in plenty?

It will be difficult enough to organise a fair trial with his picture all over the TV and also that of his vehicle. It must have been, on balance, thought allowable, and for the best, because at the time it was believed that April could still be alive. It makes me wonder if the police were not sure of the purpose of the abduction...

Do people ever, when under pressure (he had been evicted recently from his house and was having to rent a cottage, though he was still in work) suddenly get overwhelmed by paedophiliac feelings which have never surfaced before... at age 46? I just don't know.

Most importantly, April was SEEN getting into a left hand drive SUV/van type vehicle. The young children with her described it as possibly grey, but it was getting to be dusk, and we know colours are not clear at such a time. Also, an adult, a pensioner on her way home, also witnessed some of the vehicle's departure with the child. Bridger was known to the Jones family. We do not know if anyone else was in the vehicle besides Bridger himself. The whole business is complicated forensically because April and her friends, including Bridger's own children, had previously been playing in the vehicle.

Does anyone know of a previous case where someone in middle age, who had never done anything like it before, suddenly flipped in a cruelly child-molesting and murderous way?

Interesting that the 'perverting the course of justice' charge was not, as I had believed likely, about lying to the police and misleading them, but about 'hiding or burying a body' or some such phrase...

Hmmm...

comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 855
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  Panda on Mon 8 Oct - 14:09

Hi comperedna.....long time since I have seen you posting, hope you are well.

Now we have another enigma to cogitate on......I had a Dictionary for lunch.

As you see, I am not at all sure Bridgers is guilty and quoted miscarriages of justice as proof that the Police make mistakes. Bridgers was known to the Community and had just split from an 11 month relationship, and as you say, no one has suggested he was creepy or suspected of child abuse.

I reserve judgement on this case for two reasons. 1) The Police must have taunted Bridgers about the evidence they had against him to charge him , it would be natural to get a confession from him, as far as we know he is still maintaining his innocence. 2) Aberystwyth Police has never known anything like this in a small Market town like Mackynlleth and the Press invasion, outpouring of grief , unprecedented search . The Police would have been under tremendous pressure to charge him before the 5 days ran out and the CPS accepted the information was enough.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Hi Panda it certainly makes me feel edgy...

Post  comperedna on Mon 8 Oct - 14:57

He was not as far as I understand a known paedophile or on the S.O. register. No-one spoke of his computer being impounded. Could there have been some dreadful accident and he tried to get rid of the body? That doesn't add up either... It is very thin circumstantial evidence that we have been told so far.

I use my long experience of young children to maintain that three under fives in a strange holiday environment, locked or unlocked in a flat, if left alone when their parents went out wining and dining, WOULD NOT LIE DOWN AND GO TO SLEEP... but would wake up! shout and play, and climb out of their bed and cots, and horse around and switch the light on and off, and make their parents an apple pie bed, and strew stuff around the place, and raid the fridge, and the oldest would likely go out and shout for her parents from the balcony, at the very least, and my goodness a lot else... unless they were given something 'to help them sleep'.

My experience of arrested or suspected child molesting men is limited, but it is NOT nil. In the few cases I have known about directly via the education service (or at second remove in the press) it was said that such tendencies are persistent and difficult to change even with intensive therapy. I do know though that some are able to sublimate overt behaviour for most of their lives. They have computers stuffed with child porn. I have never heard of a person 'turning this way' suddenly aged 46, especially with a history of normal, if rather casual, heterosexual relationships. That is what makes me uneasy, and I hope there is a lot of evidence, circumstantial or otherwise, that we are not being told.

comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 855
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  the slave on Mon 8 Oct - 15:20

Do you honestly believe ( particularly with the McCann case still looming in the background) that the police will make the same mistakes again ? They will now play their cards VERY close to their chests.
No more 'leaking' no more snippets given out to Sun journos.
They've learned the lessons.
We know next to nothing about what they have or haven't found in this tragic case.
And that is how it's supposed to be.
No more 'back filling' no more 'putting things into the investigation.'

The police aren't stupid.

the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Age : 62
Location : upstairs
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  Panda on Mon 8 Oct - 15:28

comperedna wrote:He was not as far as I understand a known paedophile or on the S.O. register. No-one spoke of his computer being impounded. Could there have been some dreadful accident and he tried to get rid of the body? That doesn't add up either... It is very thin circumstantial evidence that we have been told so far.

I use my long experience of young children to maintain that three under fives in a strange holiday environment, locked or unlocked in a flat, if left alone when their parents went out wining and dining, WOULD NOT LIE DOWN AND GO TO SLEEP... but would wake up! shout and play, and climb out of their bed and cots, and horse around and switch the light on and off, and make their parents an apple pie bed, and strew stuff around the place, and raid the fridge, and the oldest would likely go out and shout for her parents from the balcony, at the very least, and my goodness a lot else... unless they were given something 'to help them sleep'.

My experience of arrested or suspected child molesting men is limited, but it is NOT nil. In the few cases I have known about directly via the education service (or at second remove in the press) it was said that such tendencies are persistent and difficult to change even with intensive therapy. I do know though that some are able to sublimate overt behaviour for most of their lives. They have computers stuffed with child porn. I have never heard of a person 'turning this way' suddenly aged 46, especially with a history of normal, if rather casual, heterosexual relationships. That is what makes me uneasy, and I hope there is a lot of evidence, circumstantial or otherwise, that we are not being told.

Yes, I agree, from what we know the evidence is flimsy to say the least, and it was at the last minute that he was charged, which makes me suspect it was a panic decision rather than a confident one. A poster here said the Woman he had just split from had nothing bad to say about him, his 19 yr old Son who admitted he never sees his Father said he didn't think he was guilty, there was no comment from Residents suggesting he was wierd or suspect. It's all very sad and heartbreaking for the parents.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  mossman on Mon 8 Oct - 15:35

the slave wrote:Do you honestly believe ( particularly with the McCann case still looming in the background) that the police will make the same mistakes again ? They will now play their cards VERY close to their chests.
No more 'leaking' no more snippets given out to Sun journos.
They've learned the lessons.
We know next to nothing about what they have or haven't found in this tragic case.
And that is how it's supposed to be.
No more 'back filling' no more 'putting things into the investigation.'

The police aren't stupid.


The whole handling of the press in this case has had a different air about it. TV cameras up close and personal with the searchers, a continuous presence, constant reporting and then the police giving press briefings every few hours at one stage. However, very little specific information on the investigation.

Can somebody please tell me if they know what happened to that white van, that was filmed abandoned on the roadway on day 1 ? It just disappeared out of reports and discussions when the police then identified the car in the garage as being the suspects. Is or was this white van significant or not ?

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  Panda on Mon 8 Oct - 15:37

the slave wrote:Do you honestly believe ( particularly with the McCann case still looming in the background) that the police will make the same mistakes again ? They will now play their cards VERY close to their chests.
No more 'leaking' no more snippets given out to Sun journos.
They've learned the lessons.
We know next to nothing about what they have or haven't found in this tragic case.
And that is how it's supposed to be.
No more 'back filling' no more 'putting things into the investigation.'

The police aren't stupid.

I don't think the Police ARE stupid, but they have been overwhelmed by this case and waited until the last minute to charge Bridgers, which suggests that whatever they found was not strong enough evidence to charge him. Aberystwith Police are very provincial and must not have felt confident because of course they havn't found April's body. Yes, the Police will be more circumspect , we will just have to see what evidence there is when the Trial begins.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  Panda on Mon 8 Oct - 15:40

mossman wrote:
the slave wrote:Do you honestly believe ( particularly with the McCann case still looming in the background) that the police will make the same mistakes again ? They will now play their cards VERY close to their chests.
No more 'leaking' no more snippets given out to Sun journos.
They've learned the lessons.
We know next to nothing about what they have or haven't found in this tragic case.
And that is how it's supposed to be.
No more 'back filling' no more 'putting things into the investigation.'

The police aren't stupid.


The whole handling of the press in this case has had a different air about it. TV cameras up close and personal with the searchers, a continuous presence, constant reporting and then the police giving press briefings every few hours at one stage. However, very little specific information on the investigation.

Can somebody please tell me if they know what happened to that white van, that was filmed abandoned on the roadway on day 1 ? It just disappeared out of reports and discussions when the police then identified the car in the garage as being the suspects. Is or was this white van significant or not ?

It was April's friend who said the van was white , would she have been taken to it and said it was not the one she saw.?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  cass on Mon 8 Oct - 15:54

so in a nut shell --- april has died at the hands of mark bridges -- fact --- and no body found --- yet madeleine mcann is still findable after 5 years -- wonder if sy may be changing their minds very soon -- i think not --- unbelieveble isnt it --- unless mb has confessed how do they know for sure april is dead ?

cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1652
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  mossman on Mon 8 Oct - 16:05

Panda wrote:
mossman wrote:
the slave wrote:Do you honestly believe ( particularly with the McCann case still looming in the background) that the police will make the same mistakes again ? They will now play their cards VERY close to their chests.
No more 'leaking' no more snippets given out to Sun journos.
They've learned the lessons.
We know next to nothing about what they have or haven't found in this tragic case.
And that is how it's supposed to be.
No more 'back filling' no more 'putting things into the investigation.'

The police aren't stupid.


The whole handling of the press in this case has had a different air about it. TV cameras up close and personal with the searchers, a continuous presence, constant reporting and then the police giving press briefings every few hours at one stage. However, very little specific information on the investigation.

Can somebody please tell me if they know what happened to that white van, that was filmed abandoned on the roadway on day 1 ? It just disappeared out of reports and discussions when the police then identified the car in the garage as being the suspects. Is or was this white van significant or not ?

It was April's friend who said the van was white , would she have been taken to it and said it was not the one she saw.?



Hi Panda. You see, on Sky on the Tuesday, they had a road closed, with a white van abandoned at the side of the road and they also reported that they had found Bridges walking along the road in close proximity to that white van. This all fit "perfectly" with the description the children had given of a white van.

However, fast forward a couple of days and the van is never again mentioned. They now talk about Bridges own left hand drive van found in a garage and very obviously not white. So where is the white one gone ? Was it proven to be of no significance ? I specifically remember it being said that it was a van Bridges has use of, not that he owned it.

It just kind of got whooshed once the blue van came on the scene and has never again been mentioned. Perhaps it proved to be nothing and the explanation not reported, I just thought somebody else might know

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  AnnaEsse on Mon 8 Oct - 16:07

kathybelle wrote:
Panda wrote:Kathybelle, I didn't know about the left hand drive which is obviously significant , if he pleads not guilty he obviously can't say where April is. Do you remember reading at the very beginning that a pair of children's Sandals was found by the riverbank?

Hi Panda

No I don't remember reading about the sandals, I did read an article where two women said they saw a man throw something that was in a black bin liner, into a river. I'll try and find the article and the article about the sandals. Was April wearing sandals, on the night she disappeared?

Did they say the man was throwing something into the river or just carrying something towards the river?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  comperedna on Mon 8 Oct - 16:18

The latter, as far as I remember. It was two women who together reported a man carrying a black bin bag beside the river. Also Sky News had shots of a man in a camouflage top and waterproof trousers walking back towards the bridge along the towpath carrying nothing. They broadcast these pictures. Who knows what will turn out to be relevant.

comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 855
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  chrissie on Mon 8 Oct - 16:39

With regard to the vehicles, I'm wondering if he had use of the van but also had the land rover. From this article:

tp://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9590073/April-Jones-police-given-further-24-hours-to-quiz-Mark-Bridger-over-abduction.htmlAnother witness said he saw him driving through the Bryn-y-Gog estate, where April lives, at 6pm on Monday.

“He was driving erratically through Bryn-y-Gog,” said the witness. “He nearly hit my mate at 6pm. I heard other people say he was driving up and down the road.”

At 9.15am on Tuesday, Mr Bridger seemed “agitated” as he drove out of Ceinws, the hamlet where he lived, according to a motorist, David Richards. “I was turning into Ceinws off the main road and crossing the bridge,” he said. “He wanted to go out to the main road in his vehicle. He was flustered, he wanted to get going. He couldn’t wait for me to cross the bridge, he couldn’t get out of that road quick enough. He was very agitated. There was only him in the Land Rover that I could see.

“He was crashing the gears, making a hell of a noise. He went out to the junction, then stopped and there was an almighty bang. There was something wrong with the vehicle.”

Mr Bridger’s Land Rover was seized by police later that day at a repair garage after Mr Bridger had been arrested.

==================

So I'm wondering if he initially used the white van and then changed to the Land Rover. Obviously something happened to the Land Rover which is why it ended up in the repair garage.

chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3285
Age : 55
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Bridger Charged with Murder

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:07


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum