Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man, 20, charged after 'posting offensive comments on Facebook about April Jones and likening her to Madeleine McCann'

+8
James
dutchclogs
weissnicht
Lioned
ProfessorPlum
Justiceforallkids
kathybelle
Annabel
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Man, 20, charged after 'posting offensive comments on Facebook about April Jones and likening her to Madeleine McCann' Empty Re: Man, 20, charged after 'posting offensive comments on Facebook about April Jones and likening her to Madeleine McCann'

Post  Guest Mon 8 Oct - 8:30

This seems a little heavy-handed to me - the best course of action is to ignore trolls and hope they will improve with age; they always seem to be around 20 years old!

I must admit that I wonder what he said about Madeleine's case - did he suggest that someone known to both girls was responsible?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Man, 20, charged after 'posting offensive comments on Facebook about April Jones and likening her to Madeleine McCann' Empty Re: Man, 20, charged after 'posting offensive comments on Facebook about April Jones and likening her to Madeleine McCann'

Post  kitti Mon 8 Oct - 10:39

The posts were on HIS Facebook account...

Perhaps gurney is doing her rounds...

He has been arrested yet Boyle walks around making obscene comments and gets away with it.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
 Man, 20, charged after 'posting offensive comments on Facebook about April Jones and likening her to Madeleine McCann' Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 Man, 20, charged after 'posting offensive comments on Facebook about April Jones and likening her to Madeleine McCann' Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Mon 8 Oct - 10:45

mccanns are happy, I would think. Prezence set, they can just continue to jail people + demand "donation" to the fund for their "pain".
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :
 Man, 20, charged after 'posting offensive comments on Facebook about April Jones and likening her to Madeleine McCann' Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 Man, 20, charged after 'posting offensive comments on Facebook about April Jones and likening her to Madeleine McCann' Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 8 Oct - 10:58

kitti wrote:The posts were on HIS Facebook account...

He has been arrested yet Boyle walks around making obscene comments and gets away with it.

Good morning Kitti

I had a go at gurney on You Tube, because she was using April's disappearance, in her quest to make the McCanns innocent. I make no apologies for saying the things I said to her. Nor do I make any apologies for calling the McCanns the "Muckanns.

Here is what I said to gurney, regardin what I consider an insult to April's parents.

"You've got a bloody nerve, using April's parents, in your quest to prove the Muckanns are innocent. If I had the misfortune to be in your company and I heard you use April's parents in this disrespectful way, I would have slapped you hard in your mouth. You are a vile bitch, it is no wonder you fawn over the child neglecting Muckanns. Every post I have read of yours, shows me that if you have children, your parenting skills are on a par with theirs."

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 8 Oct - 12:56

And of course the creatures on cesspit pro sites are allowed to print the vilest things about people who haven't fallen for their heroes' garbage...........
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 8 Oct - 13:01

Not Born Yesterday wrote:And of course the creatures on cesspit pro sites are allowed to print the vilest things about people who haven't fallen for their heroes' garbage...........

exactly they got awayy with wishing me dead calling me chucky mispell saying i slid down of my mums legs out of the ugly tree etc and alot more until my twin brother saw their behaviour on twitter and googled them so now my whole family is aware of their vileness and my family support me a 100% they even suggested legal action
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 8 Oct - 13:04

Not Born Yesterday wrote:And of course the creatures on cesspit pro sites are allowed to print the vilest things about people who haven't fallen for their heroes' garbage...........

Hi NBY

I don't know if it was yourself or another poster, that gave the advice on here, which was to ignore the trolls on You Tube. Anyway I have been following that advice, until I saw the post of pam gurney, where she used April's parents as a way to show posters how the McCanns were innocent and I'm afraid I saw red, when I saw what she said.

Anyway I have said what I have said to her and I am back to ignoring her and the rest of her ilk.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 8 Oct - 13:06

I was thinking of you when I posted that, Carly! Obviously you haven't been able yet to forget what was said but I hope that in time you will.

It really does illustrate that some of these people are absolute pond life - if that isn't insulting the creatures that actually live in ponds!

I would have limited respect for the McCanns if they publicly disassociated themselves from this scum element.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 8 Oct - 13:08

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I was thinking of you when I posted that, Carly! Obviously you haven't been able yet to forget what was said but I hope that in time you will.

It really does illustrate that some of these people are absolute pond life - if that isn't insulting the creatures that actually live in ponds!

I would have limited respect for the McCanns if they publicly disassociated themselves from this scum element.

i think they are sewer rats for 5 years i kept their bullying to myself because i didnt want my family to know what i was dealing with understamdibly they didnt understand why i didnt confide in them but that is the power of bullies they wear you dwon until they think they have e won but they will never stop me speaking out for maddie
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 8 Oct - 13:33

I'd advise you never to access the site again. If they see that you aren't responding to their taunts, the "fun" will go out of it for them.

There was something I said once which had them falling about with laughter and I found that annoying but it was nothing like as bad as the personal insults you've suffered.

It made me decide though never to look at the site again and since then I haven't had to disinfect myself or my computer!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Mon 8 Oct - 15:39

Steffan Rhys ‏@Steffan_Rhys

Matthew Woods, 19, from Chorley, has been jailed for 12 weeks for posting “despicable” comments on Facebook about April Jones
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  ProfessorPlum Mon 8 Oct - 18:55

There is NEVER a good reason for violence imo.
ProfessorPlum
ProfessorPlum
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 139
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 8 Oct - 19:05

Unfortunately gurney isn't the only person using Aprils mother to make out the Mccanns are good parents.

Look at the papers recently.....Amanda Platel comes to mind.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 8 Oct - 22:50

He was initially arrested for his own safety as a crowd of 50 or so had gathered outside his house,if you google him you will find out some of what he said.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Tue 9 Oct - 5:32

kate mccann: Whoever she is with, she will give them her tuppence worth. --- No jail'
gerry mccann about when they found Maddie missing: 'It was like being told you were overdrawn on your student loan” --- No jail
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Tue 9 Oct - 6:02

kathybelle wrote:
kitti wrote:The posts were on HIS Facebook account...

Good morning Kitti

I had a go at gurney on You Tube, because she was using April's disappearance, in her quest to make the McCanns innocent. I make no apologies for saying the things I said to her. Nor do I make any apologies for calling the McCanns the "Muckanns.

Here is what I said to gurney, regardin what I consider an insult to April's parents.

"You've got a bloody nerve, using April's parents, in your quest to prove the Muckanns are innocent. If I had the misfortune to be in your company and I heard you use April's parents in this disrespectful way, I would have slapped you hard in your mouth. You are a vile bitch, it is no wonder you fawn over the child neglecting Muckanns. Every post I have read of yours, shows me that if you have children, your parenting skills are on a par with theirs."

Well said  Man, 20, charged after 'posting offensive comments on Facebook about April Jones and likening her to Madeleine McCann' 307691  Man, 20, charged after 'posting offensive comments on Facebook about April Jones and likening her to Madeleine McCann' 307691  Man, 20, charged after 'posting offensive comments on Facebook about April Jones and likening her to Madeleine McCann' 307691 She is SO VILE that woman
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 9 Oct - 7:38

I used to let my kids play on their bikes outside, I didn't like it but I couldn't keep them inside for the rest off their lives BUT I would never go on holiday and leave my children in a room every night to go out drinking and I feel totally Insulted that so called journos think that playing out and leaving your kids alone in an apt is the same...I would also never go on holiday and leave my kids in creches etc every day...my holidays WERE for the kids, we went to places where there were lots off things for your children and YOU..TOGETHER ..to do I.e...Blackpool...canver sands.....they had a lovely beach and then kids loved it...disney land ....all these places were fun for you and the kids ...I loved seeing them enjoying themselves and happy...that made me happy.

Wales, which I have lived, is an entirely different place to live from London....children do play out younger there, I remember a family had four kids....one as young a three.....they all went to the playground down the hill, Including the three year old and, it was very quite and everybody knew everybody and this was only 12 years ago.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 9 Oct - 11:17

http://www.anorak.co.uk/335981/news/stu ... joke.html/

Stupid Matthew Wood sentenced by stupid court for stupid April Jones joke

MATTHEW Wood has appeared at Chorley Magistrates’ Court. He wrote something on Facebook about April Jones and Madeleine McCann that social media narks and police didn’t like. A “vigilante mob” of censorious troll-hunters arrived at Mr Wood’s home. Wood was arrested.

Matthew Wood is a dickhead. But to make him a criminal is wrong. In court, he admitted making wrongheaded comments that could caused offence (what couldn’t?). He says he was inspired to say something horrible by Sickipedia – a website that “trades in sick jokes”.

Martina Jay, prosecuting, told the court:

“When interviewed by police he fully admitted he posted messages about the two missing children. He started this idea when he was at a friend’s house when drinking, saw a joke on Sickipedia and changed it slightly. He said he did it in a bid to make people think his account had been hacked. He said it got out of hand and he was drunk while doing it.”

Wood has pleaded guilty to sending by means of a public electronic communications network a message or other matter that is grossly offensive.

Were you offended? We’d show you what Wood said but it’s so offensive that the media and courts have not included it in official reports. The news has been censored. You – you slack-jawed fool – cannot hear what Wood says. You might repeat it. And that would be awful. You could cause offence, even unwittingly.

We’d have liked it had Wood laughed in court and screamed that intolerance will not be tolerated. But he’s an idiot. He deleted his stupid message. And defending solicitor David Edwards told the bench:

“What struck me immediately is that the enormity of what he has done has finally sunk in.”

The enormity of a pisspoor joke on Facebook?

“He did seem genuinely remorseful and regretful for what he had done. At the time he posted these comments not once did he think he would find himself where he is today.”

Wood is out of touch with the mores of modern life. He failed to relise that the righteous and grasses want to stop free speech. They do not seek to mock the idiotic, or ignore it, they want to highlight it, use it to show how right-on they are.

Mr Edwards added:

“He started receiving derogatory replies almost immediately and then came threats. The reality is that before long a number of people realised what he had done and sought him out.”

The righteous attacked him for what he said.

“He has to live with this because of his stupidity.”

His stupidity. The police’s stupidity. The narks’ stupidity. The court’s stupidity.

“His future is uncertain. He does not know whether he can go back to his home address.”

He’s going to be sentenced today.

UPDATE: Magistrates said they had “no choice” but to send Matthew Wood to prison for 12 weeks., He’s 19. He will do time in a young offenders’ institute.

Reports are that around “50 members of the public cheered as the sentence was read out”.

Bloody hell. Those 50 are at large. Be afraid!
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 9 Oct - 12:03

Sky News Newsdesk ‏@SkyNewsBreak

Man who posted offensive Facebook message about British soldier deaths has been given a community order by magistrate

I have to say that I am finding the sentencing of Matthew Woods over the top. I don't agree with what he posted but it seems inconsistent. Plus nowt will happen to Frankie Boyle.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue 9 Oct - 12:15

chrissie wrote:Sky News Newsdesk ‏@SkyNewsBreak

Man who posted offensive Facebook message about British soldier deaths has been given a community order by magistrate

I have to say that I am finding the sentencing of Matthew Woods over the top. I don't agree with what he posted but it seems inconsistent. Plus nowt will happen to Frankie Boyle.

i have to agree about inconsistency.

And social class and money is a factor.

This stupid young man is unemployed, uneducated and was very drunk when he wrote the offending remarks. His solicitor asked for community service - much better than putting him in an overcrowded jail and keeping perhaps a dangerous person out on bail. Frankie Boyle presumably has a decent income so he can afford good lawyers like the McCanns can.
James
James
Reg Member
Reg Member

Male
Number of posts : 155
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 9 Oct - 12:35

Well said James. A community order would have been much more productive.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 9 Oct - 13:07

I would never endorse the supposed wit of Matthew Woods.
I like humour which is genuinely funny - better yet, humour that is quirky, original and clever.
I suspect the Woods offering was none of these things.
More, I wager, like the internet equivalent of deliberately farting in someone's face.

HOWEVER.

Having spent almost six long and wearisome years around the McCann case and much longer on the net in general, I can confidently assert that there are people hanging around, nay, squatting, on various outlets for public opinion and self-expression, waiting, just waiting to be offended.

They probably started out as that kid rushing up to teacher, flushed, and eagerly pointing at the spotty urchin in the corner of the playground whilst declaring: "Miss! Miss! He said BUM!"
Forty years on and they're still around, only now they've got all that luvverly technology that their nieces or nephews installed for them, and so they sit there, on their ever-expanding posteriors, with their gimlet eyes, pinched lips and clenched hair, waiting, just waiting to be offended.
Only now they've learned to screenshot and fire off Disgusted Of Tunbridge Wells missives to extortionate lawyers and scum tabloids.
And they're in their element.

Sounds familiar?

OK, so I admit that I'm a bit more of a libertarian than most when it comes to freedom of expression.
No-one could sue me for that.
But I s'pose it won't stop them trying ......
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 9 Oct - 13:18

Thank you for that, Almostgothic - so true I think!

I'm reminded of watching TV many years ago with a relative who wasn't known to be broad-minded. There was some slightly risque programme which she announced her intention to see. I warned her that she wouldn't like it and she replied that she wanted to see how bad it got.

How embarrassing it is to watch programmes with someone like that; they're just looking for trouble!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 9 Oct - 14:41

Here's another verdict to highlight the inconsistencies in sentencing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19869630

Justin Lee Collins found guilty of harassing Anna Larke

TV personality Justin Lee Collins has been sentenced to 140 hours of community service for harassing his former partner Anna Larke.

Collins, 38, of Kew, London, was convicted at St Albans Crown Court of harassment causing fear of violence between January and July 2011.

How does this compare to 12 weeks for some idiotic, ill advised, drunken 'jokes' on facebook? Oh yes, he's a TV celeb.

chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum