Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pakistan....another Country to erupt ?

2 posters

Go down

Pakistan....another Country to erupt ? Empty Pakistan....another Country to erupt ?

Post  Panda Sat 27 Oct - 17:44

27 October 2012 Last updated at 10:29
Pakistan's Imran Khan says US questioned him on drones
Pakistan....another Country to erupt ? _63749682_63749677 Mr Khan has campaigned for an end to US drone strikes in Pakistan
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

Pakistani cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan says he has been stopped by US immigration officials and questioned about his views on US drone strikes in his country.

He says he was taken off his flight from Toronto to New York on Friday.

As leader of the Pakistan Movement for Justice party (PTI), he has campaigned for an end to drone strikes against suspected militants in Pakistan.

He says the strikes kill many civilians and foster support for militants.

"I was taken off from plane and interrogated by US Immigration in Canada on my views on drones. My stance is known. Drone attacks must stop," he wrote on Twitter.

He was said to have been questioned for about one hour, and said the delay meant he missed his flight and a party fundraising event in New York, but said "nothing will change my stance".

The US immigration authorities say they cannot divulge any information on particular cases due to privacy laws, according to the Toronto Sun.

"Our dual mission is to facilitate travel in the United States while we secure our borders, our people, and our visitors from those that would do us harm like terrorists and terrorist weapons, criminals, and contraband," one official said.

Earlier this month, Mr Khan led thousands of supporters on a march to the edge of the restive tribal areas where drone strikes target militants.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Pakistan....another Country to erupt ? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Pakistan....another Country to erupt ? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Pakistan....another Country to erupt ? Empty Re: Pakistan....another Country to erupt ?

Post  malena stool Fri 2 Nov - 12:45

Panda wrote:27 October 2012 Last updated at 10:29
Pakistan's Imran Khan says US questioned him on drones
Pakistan....another Country to erupt ? _63749682_63749677 Mr Khan has campaigned for an end to US drone strikes in Pakistan
Related Stories

Pakistani cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan says he has been stopped by US immigration officials and questioned about his views on US drone strikes in his country.

He says he was taken off his flight from Toronto to New York on Friday.

As leader of the Pakistan Movement for Justice party (PTI), he has campaigned for an end to drone strikes against suspected militants in Pakistan.

He says the strikes kill many civilians and foster support for militants.

"I was taken off from plane and interrogated by US Immigration in Canada on my views on drones. My stance is known. Drone attacks must stop," he wrote on Twitter.

He was said to have been questioned for about one hour, and said the delay meant he missed his flight and a party fundraising event in New York, but said "nothing will change my stance".

The US immigration authorities say they cannot divulge any information on particular cases due to privacy laws, according to the Toronto Sun.

"Our dual mission is to facilitate travel in the United States while we secure our borders, our people, and our visitors from those that would do us harm like terrorists and terrorist weapons, criminals, and contraband," one official said.

Earlier this month, Mr Khan led thousands of supporters on a march to the edge of the restive tribal areas where drone strikes target militants.
I agree with Khan the US attacks on Pakistani soil are wrong. He would however, be more correct and respected as a true politician if he plugged the gaping holes in Pakistan's borders and stopped foreign terrorists taking shelter in Pakistan, setting up their, 'training camps' and exploiting the people of Pakistan as 'Martyrs.'
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Pakistan....another Country to erupt ? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Pakistan....another Country to erupt ? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Pakistan....another Country to erupt ? Empty Re: Pakistan....another Country to erupt ?

Post  Panda Sun 4 Nov - 6:42

3 November 2012 Last updated at 14:12

Pakistan bomb kills politician in Buner
Pakistan....another Country to erupt ? _55610432__48767620_pak_floods464x350-1

Taliban Conflict

A bomb attack in the north-west Pakistani city of Buner has killed a local anti-Taliban politician and three of his guards, police sources say.

Fateh Khan, an ex-leader of the secular Awami National Party, was killed as his car left a petrol station.

It was not immediately clear if he was victim of a suicide attack or of a bomb placed on a motorcycle.

Security forces largely freed Buner from the control of Taliban militants three years ago.

District police chief Jehanzeb Khan told AFP news agency a suicide bomber had blown himself up in front of Mr Khan's vehicle, killing the politician and his guards.

Up to five people were also injured in the attack, he said.

According to Pakistan's Express Tribune, Mr Khan was a former ANP leader who had recently joined the Qaumi Watan Party.

Mr Khan was also the head of a local tribal anti-Taliban force.

The BBC's M Ilyas Khan in Islamabad says ANP leaders have been a regular target of the Taliban in this region but that this is the first suicide attack there for several months.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down