Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teachers caught at wedding after sending children home for "staff development"

2 posters

Go down

Teachers caught at wedding after sending children home for "staff development" Empty Teachers caught at wedding after sending children home for "staff development"

Post  Panda Wed 7 Nov - 9:17

Teachers caught at wedding after sending children home for 'staff development'

Furious parents have called for an investigation after a school was closed for teachers to undergo vital training, only for them to be found celebrating at a colleague's wedding instead.

Teachers caught at wedding after sending children home for "staff development" Wed_2390234b

Kamal Hussain confronted headteacher Gillian Pursey at the wedding Photo: CAVENDISH PRESS/MEN SYNDICATION

By Hannah Furness

1:50PM GMT 06 Nov 2012

The teachers, who had sent children home from school an hour and a half early to allow them to train, were spotted enjoying a wedding party after a suspicious father tracked them down.

Kamal Hussain, a father-of-two, is now calling for a formal investigation into St Hilda¹s School, Oldham, after the headteacher claimed it was “all above board”.

Children at the primary school had been sent home at 2pm rather than their usual 3.30pm on Tuesday, October 30, due to vital staff development training.

Parents had received letters informing them of the change, which was said to allow teachers to research future lessons.

Instead, Mr Hussain claims, they travelled straight to a colleague’s wedding reception instead.

Related Articles

He alleges he was tipped off that staff were not undertaking in-school training, and travelled there himself to verify.

When he arrived, he said, the carpark was empty and a cleaner informed him staff had left “straight after” the pupils.

Amateur sleuth Mr Hussain then drove to the The Grand Venue, Oldham, to find 24 teachers and members of staff celebrating the wedding of a colleague, a Mrs Begum.

Despite confronting headteacher Gillian Pursey at the wedding, he has now called for an official external inquiry into how it could happen.

"I don't know why they've lied to so many parents and children, when the children need to be learning,” he said.

"When I spoke to Mrs Pursey she said that all the school governors were aware and had agreed to it, but the council and authorities need to be made aware of this.

"It's just not good enough. As tax-payers we pay their wages, and now they're being paid to go to a wedding. It's just not on.

"I want someone to do an inquiry into this and get to the bottom of it because it's unfair on the children."

Mrs Pursey has claimed staff were permitted to use the hour and a half to research in their own time, choosing to complete the work later in the evening instead.

"The staff were given that hour and a half of staff development time to research things to do in the school for our golden jubilee celebrations that are coming up,” she said.

"They could do that research on or off site, and whenever they liked. Some people decided to do it straight away, and others decided to do it after the wedding.

“It was all agreed with the school governors and is all above board."

In response to Mrs Pursey's claims, Mr Hussain said: "I don’t believe her, I don’t buy it. I think she's using it as a cover for letting her staff go to the wedding.

"I got to the wedding at 2.50pm so they obviously had gone straight there, all 24 of them, and weren't even thinking about doing any research.

"There are hundreds of pupils at that school so she's just taken away hundreds of hours of education."

A spokesman for Oldham council said: “While the management of staff resources is a matter for the school and their governing body, the Council are asking the Diocese to establish the facts of the matter and report back to the local authority.

"It would be inappropriate to comment further during that investigation.”

Teachers caught at wedding after sending children home for "staff development" Share3

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Teachers caught at wedding after sending children home for "staff development" Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Teachers caught at wedding after sending children home for "staff development" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Teachers caught at wedding after sending children home for "staff development" Empty Re: Teachers caught at wedding after sending children home for "staff development"

Post  Guest Fri 19 Apr - 20:49

Why wasn't the ENTIRE report posted then?

"The staff were given that hour and a half of staff development time to research things to do in the school for our golden jubilee celebrations that are coming up,” she said.
"They could do that research on or off site, and whenever they liked. Some people decided to do it straight away, and others decided to do it after the wedding.
“It was all agreed with the school governors and is all above board."

In other words, move along people, nothing to see here.

And there's no mention anywhere of what the complainant does for a living. Does HE have a job?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Teachers caught at wedding after sending children home for "staff development" Empty Re: Teachers caught at wedding after sending children home for "staff development"

Post  Guest Fri 19 Apr - 20:58

And besides, this was six months ago. If there was some big scandal going on, I think we would all have heard a bit more about it by now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 19 Apr - 21:52

What is the point of this story ? Who is this suspicious father and why was he suspicious ?

Its rubbish where are you finding this nonsense,the lazy journalist made up boring story times?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Teachers caught at wedding after sending children home for "staff development" Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Teachers caught at wedding after sending children home for "staff development" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 19 Apr - 22:00

do we believe a group of teachers, or an ignorant thug who by his own admission, stalks a teacher, gatecrashes a wedding and causes a disturbance in public? Good job it wasn't my wedding, I would have had him arrested.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down