Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Comments on Joana's blog are back...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Comments on Joana's blog are back...

Post  comperedna on Mon 19 Nov - 12:35

Just that. Lots of comments arrived this morning... all the back ones since August 30th. No article from Joana herself, but those will only come when she has something new to say.

She will surely write after Operation Grange has reported something or other, as it surely must with all that taxpyers money having been spent on it! SOME input must surely be due from from the Met when they have officially finished... whether because they feel they have solved the mystery (unlikely) have gone as far as possible (more likely) or are collaborating with the PJ in their agreement to open the process again (even more unlikely.) We shall see.

comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 855
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments on Joana's blog are back...

Post  Panda on Mon 19 Nov - 14:15

Hi comperedna, I would imagine the review is finished ansd a report handed to Cameron by now. Since the PJ have not made a comment I think the case will remain shelved , if it was to be opened we would know be now.

Technically the public, who paid for this review should be entitled to know what the findings were but it will be shelved if no action is to be taken because Cameron's position as PM is so battered that he cannot afford more criticism.His standing among back bench MPs is very low and while he dithers about whether a referendum should be held the EU is considering passing the Budget , ignoring Cameron's veto.!!!! I would have said this action is illegal and the EU Treaty not worth a light.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments on Joana's blog are back...

Post  MaryB on Mon 19 Nov - 16:03

I don't think the review is finished as we would understand finished. I don't think they are looking at any more evidence but I don't think the report will have been written up yet. That's just my opinion. I don't know of course.

MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments on Joana's blog are back...

Post  Panda on Mon 19 Nov - 16:15

MaryB wrote:I don't think the review is finished as we would understand finished. I don't think they are looking at any more evidence but I don't think the report will have been written up yet. That's just my opinion. I don't know of course.

Hi MaryB, that Police Officer, I can never remember his name , said the money would run out by the end of the Year and I agree, the review is finished .......it remains to be seen whether there was any evidence which could lead to charges in the U.K, a forlorn hope I think. I wonder if SY was still keeping the McCanns informed? All I hope is that after all this we get to read the Report, it would be very unlikely that anyone outside the U.K. would get to know first.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments on Joana's blog are back...

Post  MaryB on Mon 19 Nov - 16:31

I wouldn't be surprised if a report didn't even exist or never will exist. I think the whole purpose of the exercise was so SY would say Madeleine taken by an abductor. End of story.

MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments on Joana's blog are back...

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Mon 19 Nov - 17:01

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a petition is set up to demand that the public know the outcome or can read the report??

I think at this moment on time if Cameron is pushed hard enough he will cave in regardiong the review outcome, everything seems to be going against Cameron at the mo and he can't be seen to be protecting and looking after the McCanns at all imo

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments on Joana's blog are back...

Post  Panda on Mon 19 Nov - 17:28

Lillyofthevalley wrote:I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a petition is set up to demand that the public know the outcome or can read the report??

I think at this moment on time if Cameron is pushed hard enough he will cave in regardiong the review outcome, everything seems to be going against Cameron at the mo and he can't be seen to be protecting and looking after the McCanns at all imo

I think it will be the Press , more clout, who will demand the Report be made Public since they have been the most obsequious towards the McCanns and the Express paid out £600.000 , others £1,000 , so they will want to know that they havn't been conned.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments on Joana's blog are back...

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Mon 19 Nov - 18:21

Panda but why would the UK press just suddenly start going against the McCanns after all this time, because that imo is what they will be doing.
I think any pressure will come from pro Maddy and no other.

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments on Joana's blog are back...

Post  kitti on Mon 19 Nov - 18:58

Is there a review?



We saw them carrying papers etc when in Portugal but they didn't talk to any off the investigating officers!


Instead they went to Spain and to the officers of.....Met 3!



A bit like the Mccanns when we were all waiting with baited breath on the DNA samples from Belgium.....they went to.....Germany!


The only review they are doing is a case for the Mccanns defence...I.e. Abduction.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments on Joana's blog are back...

Post  Oldartform on Mon 19 Nov - 23:29

I thought, from something SY said initially, that the review findings would not be made public. Can`t remember where I read it now, but remember I was incensed.



Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments on Joana's blog are back...

Post  Panda on Tue 20 Nov - 9:29

I understood that the Review was to find out whether the PJ had followed up any potential leads and in other words been competent in their investigation and shelved the case too soon.

If SY report that they found no evidence of incompetence and the McCanns had the right to reopen the case within a few weeks but never made a request this would look quite damning for them . They are a very astute couple who had/have a Lawyer in Portugal so would have asked him to make the request.

If the Report throws a different light on the McCanns in that their demand for a Review at a cost to the Taxpayer of £3 million proved unjustified, opinion of them will change and maybe their claim of "abduction" will be suspect.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments on Joana's blog are back...

Post  mara thon on Tue 20 Nov - 9:49

Oldartform wrote:I thought, from something SY said initially, that the review findings would not be made public. Can`t remember where I read it now, but remember I was incensed.



It was reported as soon as Cameron made the money available that regardless of what was found re the "review", nothing would be made public. I too felt very angry, there are people struggling to keep their homes and families, pensioners trying to live on a pittance and yet more millions on thrown at a couple who have already made millions out of the public, who have already wasted maybe millions on useless private detectives, spent even more on PR companies to attempt to make themselves look wonderful, made more money out of suing anyone who dares disagree with them and who have been hailed as heros for neglecting their small children. Then a few more millions are awarded to them by Cameron, along with a team of NSY detectives simply to go through files, but no findings will be made public ! You can't help but wonder why, but we are not going to get any answers.

mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7063
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments on Joana's blog are back...

Post  Panda on Tue 20 Nov - 10:02

I think the Press will have something to say and Cameron has no viable objection since it was taxpayers money used , a Special £3 million made available by the Home Office.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments on Joana's blog are back...

Post  cass on Tue 20 Nov - 10:45

i think the end result will be we tried -- nothing of interest came up that we dont already know --case still with portugal --they wont be opening the case because there is nothing to go on -- we have worked and worked on this case spent millions -- case closed

cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1652
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments on Joana's blog are back...

Post  Panda on Tue 20 Nov - 11:01

cass wrote:i think the end result will be we tried -- nothing of interest came up that we dont already know --case still with portugal --they wont be opening the case because there is nothing to go on -- we have worked and worked on this case spent millions -- case closed

Morning Cass, if that is the case, the McCanns will have to keep a very low profile since they were the ones bleating about the Portugese etc. Cameron is hardly in a strong position as PM and some of the backbenchers will have something to say because they complained at the time.

I honestly don't think the McCanns will have any credibility after this and will close the Fund. also, I just reported on the Armageddon thread that Brooks and Coulson are to be charged with another offence......Cameron will pay dearly for being so friendly with her since it was The Sun who published the letter to him.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments on Joana's blog are back...

Post  cass on Tue 20 Nov - 12:50

afternoon panda love i had to go off -- my 1st thought when dc said he would do a review was to shut the mcanns up -- i still think this -- even if it means no begging for money from the public -- someone said early on greed and the fact they think they are untouchable will be their down fall -- i dont think anything will become of the mcanns being asked any more questions -- i think they will be told if not already to keep a low profile and fade away

cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1652
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments on Joana's blog are back...

Post  dazedandconfused on Tue 20 Nov - 14:25

Panda wrote:
Lillyofthevalley wrote:I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a petition is set up to demand that the public know the outcome or can read the report??

I think at this moment on time if Cameron is pushed hard enough he will cave in regardiong the review outcome, everything seems to be going against Cameron at the mo and he can't be seen to be protecting and looking after the McCanns at all imo

I think it will be the Press , more clout, who will demand the Report be made Public since they have been the most obsequious towards the McCanns and the Express paid out £600.000 , others £1,000 , so they will want to know that they havn't been conned.

I think they're well aware they've been conned, but unable to do anything about it.

dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments on Joana's blog are back...

Post  Panda on Tue 20 Nov - 15:02

cass wrote:afternoon panda love i had to go off -- my 1st thought when dc said he would do a review was to shut the mcanns up -- i still think this -- even if it means no begging for money from the public -- someone said early on greed and the fact they think they are untouchable will be their down fall -- i dont think anything will become of the mcanns being asked any more questions -- i think they will be told if not already to keep a low profile and fade away

I think this is why they have not been seen since May when NBC was the only T.V. to interview them cass. I don't know if they are very active on facebook or still running FindMadeleine , selling merchandise and still asking people to put up posters .

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments on Joana's blog are back...

Post  Panda on Tue 20 Nov - 15:12

dazedandconfused wrote:
Panda wrote:
Lillyofthevalley wrote:I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a petition is set up to demand that the public know the outcome or can read the report??

I think at this moment on time if Cameron is pushed hard enough he will cave in regardiong the review outcome, everything seems to be going against Cameron at the mo and he can't be seen to be protecting and looking after the McCanns at all imo

I think it will be the Press , more clout, who will demand the Report be made Public since they have been the most obsequious towards the McCanns and the Express paid out £600.000 , others £1,000 , so they will want to know that they havn't been conned.

I think they're well aware they've been conned, but unable to do anything about it.

Actually , the donors could demand to see it. I think if we are not allowed to see the report, as DONORS , we have a right, and this is where a Petition is set up. We have over 400 Members , other blogs would sign , as would our friends and relatives so it wouldn't take long to reach 10,000 , plenty to demand the Report should be published by the Press..

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments on Joana's blog are back...

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:01


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum