Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  wjk on Sun 2 Dec - 18:43

tigger said, "I don't like Murat one bit, but I'm sure he 'helped' after the fact. Imo he certainly knows more or less what happened but he certainly didn't expect to be the patsy for the faked abduction imo. That must have come as a total surprise"

Hi tigger, why didn't he squeal when he was fingered by the tapas lot if he knows what happened and was being accused of her abduction?

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  tigger on Sun 2 Dec - 19:26

wjk wrote:tigger said, "I don't like Murat one bit, but I'm sure he 'helped' after the fact. Imo he certainly knows more or less what happened but he certainly didn't expect to be the patsy for the faked abduction imo. That must have come as a total surprise"

Hi tigger, why didn't he squeal when he was fingered by the tapas lot if he knows what happened and was being accused of her abduction?

Because he was implicated - it's still quite a heavy prison sentence to be an accessory 'after the fact' e.g. helping someone to hide a body, even if you don't physically do anything. Supplying a key would be enough. Murat got a phone call in Devon and left hurriedly on the night of the 30th April, arriving on the 1st May. In his interview with the police he had to correct some 15 points as to what he was doing that day - the thinking is that Gerry knew Murat (remember that 'no comment' with Gerry dragging Kate away?). Whatever was going on, I don't think Murat was in on the planning of it. I do think that he was instrumental in supplying contacts to 'help'. I also think the body was long gone by the 3rd.

Not completely relevant, but Cameron mentioned briefly that the McCanns had been accused by the press of hiding the body in a freezer. The PJ thought the body in the car had been thawing out. Murat would - as a sort of estate agent - certainly know of empty houses. But again imo, the actual moving of the body (Kate said something about being accused of putting Maddie's body in a bag and in a freezer which may be close to the truth, remember the lost tennis bag?) wasn't done by either the McCanns or Murat - I think he might have known someone who could do it for them. Murat's cooperation ended when he was made an arguido.
But he was exonerated and the arguido status on the McCanns was merely lifted.
Still, Murat couldn't talk and probably - in fact almost certainly imo- was assured by Brian Kennedy in November 2007 that he would be compensated. Murat, his lawyer and Kennedy and Smethurst had two meetings. Not long before the Rothley meeting where the song sheets were handed out to the Tapas and others who were to be at the Rogatory interviews which finally took place in April 08.

tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Age : 50
Location : The Hague
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  tanszi on Sun 2 Dec - 19:43

i am not sure that he was involved in anything at all, i think his comment that he tried to help was relating only to his assistance as translator with the police. It could be that he decided he wanted nothing more to do with anyone after the case, and when he received the libel payment he drew a line under it all, till Kate's bewk. I for one will buy his mother's book.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3096
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  Bobsy on Sun 2 Dec - 19:50

tanszi wrote:i am not sure that he was involved in anything at all, i think his comment that he tried to help was relating only to his assistance as translator with the police. It could be that he decided he wanted nothing more to do with anyone after the case, and when he received the libel payment he drew a line under it all, till Kate's bewk. I for one will buy his mother's book.

Me too tanzi, she and her son lived there during the four plus months the McCanns and their hangers on were lording it around PdL so maybe give us some new angles to explore.

Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  wjk on Sun 2 Dec - 21:41

tigger wrote:
wjk wrote:tigger said, "I don't like Murat one bit, but I'm sure he 'helped' after the fact. Imo he certainly knows more or less what happened but he certainly didn't expect to be the patsy for the faked abduction imo. That must have come as a total surprise"

Hi tigger, why didn't he squeal when he was fingered by the tapas lot if he knows what happened and was being accused of her abduction?

Because he was implicated - it's still quite a heavy prison sentence to be an accessory 'after the fact' e.g. helping someone to hide a body, even if you don't physically do anything. Supplying a key would be enough. Murat got a phone call in Devon and left hurriedly on the night of the 30th April, arriving on the 1st May. In his interview with the police he had to correct some 15 points as to what he was doing that day - the thinking is that Gerry knew Murat (remember that 'no comment' with Gerry dragging Kate away?). Whatever was going on, I don't think Murat was in on the planning of it. I do think that he was instrumental in supplying contacts to 'help'. I also think the body was long gone by the 3rd.

Not completely relevant, but Cameron mentioned briefly that the McCanns had been accused by the press of hiding the body in a freezer. The PJ thought the body in the car had been thawing out. Murat would - as a sort of estate agent - certainly know of empty houses. But again imo, the actual moving of the body (Kate said something about being accused of putting Maddie's body in a bag and in a freezer which may be close to the truth, remember the lost tennis bag?) wasn't done by either the McCanns or Murat - I think he might have known someone who could do it for them. Murat's cooperation ended when he was made an arguido.
But he was exonerated and the arguido status on the McCanns was merely lifted.
Still, Murat couldn't talk and probably - in fact almost certainly imo- was assured by Brian Kennedy in November 2007 that he would be compensated. Murat, his lawyer and Kennedy and Smethurst had two meetings. Not long before the Rothley meeting where the song sheets were handed out to the Tapas and others who were to be at the Rogatory interviews which finally took place in April 08.
Thanks for your reply tigger.
I'm not sure one way or the other with RM. Some of the things that went on eg, his changing his story make me suspicious, meeting with Kennedy etc. But wouldn't he tell his mum to let it drop if he were (implicated)? You know, just let it fade away now? He can't be happy she's bringing everything back up again in her book. (Although, I do look forward to reading it and seeing what she has to say. She may throw more light on what REALLY went on during that time).

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  Panda on Sun 2 Dec - 22:21

I think Gerry's "no comment" when asked if he knew Murat was an odd remark to make , Gerry had played Golf in Portugal some years before and might have met him there. Same as Geraghty who persuaded Fr. Pacecho to give the key to Gerry and Kate, supposedly kept the Scenic in his garage so Gerry could have a second examination of it. It really is hard to tell fact from fiction and I would like to know what is in the shelved files.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  tigger on Mon 3 Dec - 7:40

Panda wrote:I think Gerry's "no comment" when asked if he knew Murat was an odd remark to make , Gerry had played Golf in Portugal some years before and might have met him there. Same as Geraghty who persuaded Fr. Pacecho to give the key to Gerry and Kate, supposedly kept the Scenic in his garage so Gerry could have a second examination of it. It really is hard to tell fact from fiction and I would like to know what is in the shelved files.

That's just it, Panda. I don't think they were 'babes in a foreign wood' at all. They knew people there. Funny that golf (four courses there) is never mentioned by Gerry, whilst he even made golfing trips to Portugal. He could have had a few really nice rounds of golf - borrow or rent the clubs.

The area is known as 'Little Britain' - PdL had about 1000 inhabitants, no point in having four golf courses for that number of natives is there?

tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Age : 50
Location : The Hague
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  BelEddie on Mon 3 Dec - 8:23

Panda wrote:I think Gerry's "no comment" when asked if he knew Murat was an odd remark to make , Gerry had played Golf in Portugal some years before and might have met him there. Same as Geraghty who persuaded Fr. Pacecho to give the key to Gerry and Kate, supposedly kept the Scenic in his garage so Gerry could have a second examination of it. It really is hard to tell fact from fiction and I would like to know what is in the shelved files.

Search this forum for.. Mccan, Murat 32 hours.
It tells of Murat shortly after arriving in PDL turning his mobile off, mcscam does the same to his mobile six minutes later. Approx 32 hours later Murat turns his back on followed six minutes later by Mcscam.

Murat in his statement to the police states he knew mcscam .

BelEddie
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 145
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  Panda on Mon 3 Dec - 10:00

BelEddie wrote:
Panda wrote:I think Gerry's "no comment" when asked if he knew Murat was an odd remark to make , Gerry had played Golf in Portugal some years before and might have met him there. Same as Geraghty who persuaded Fr. Pacecho to give the key to Gerry and Kate, supposedly kept the Scenic in his garage so Gerry could have a second examination of it. It really is hard to tell fact from fiction and I would like to know what is in the shelved files.

Search this forum for.. Mccan, Murat 32 hours.
It tells of Murat shortly after arriving in PDL turning his mobile off, mcscam does the same to his mobile six minutes later. Approx 32 hours later Murat turns his back on followed six minutes later by Mcscam.

Murat in his statement to the police states he knew mcscam .

thanks BelEddie.......it's like climbing 2 steps and going back 1.......after 5 years what do we REALLY know.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  matthew on Mon 3 Dec - 15:54

MADELEINE McCann: Gerry McCann has called for all the recommendations raised in Lord Leveson’s Report on media standards to be made State sanctioned. He and his wife Kate McCann undoubtedly suffered at the hands of a voracious media. Others also suffered.

Daily Express: “JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK”

James Murray writes about Robert Murat. He’s the man who, like the McCanns, was libelled by the British press.

A MOTHER whose son was wrongly linked to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann has hit out at the way he is portrayed in a best-selling book about the mystery.

Oh?

Briton Robert Murat was cleared of any involvement in the case four years ago but Kate McCann’s book Madelaine [sic], about her missing daughter, has brought back painful memories for Jenny Murat, 76.

The book is called Madeleine. Th paperback came out in May 2012. Why is this news now?

Having seen the McCanns’ suffering at the hands of the British press highlighted in last week’s Leveson report, she is anxious to stress her son’s total innocence.

Why? We know he’s innocent. The media has moved on. He got paid out. His name is forever tarnished. But life goes on…

She and Robert had hoped their nightmare would end in 2008 when he won £600,000 damages from British newspapers, but last night at her home on the Algarve, Mrs Murat spoke of how still the “tragedy consumes us, day in, day out”.

Horrible. To be give The Full Murat is the pits. Chris Jeffferies got it. The Murat might become a watchword for being monstered in the press.

The widow and former nurse said: “Kate of all people should know what it is like to be wrongly accused, so how can she be comfortable repeating wrong allegations about my son in her book?”

Eh?

In the book published last summer, Kate wrote: “Two officers talked openly about Robert Murat, who remained an arguido [suspect] and drip-fed us snippets of ‘evidence’ linking him to Madeleine.” However, later in the book she writes: “Nothing we were told by the police indicated Murat took Madeleine or was in any way involved in her abduction.”

That looks a lot like a statement of facts. But Mrs Murat is upset.

Mrs Murat argues: “Surely it would have been wiser not to mention the allegations from the outset if there was ‘nothing relevant’.”

The entire case is full of “nothings relevant”. The child went missing. That is the start, middle and end of the story. Oh, we closure. But we haven’t got it. The police and private detectives have yet to prove what crime if any befell the innocent child.

She feels Robert, too, should have been called to give evidence to the Leveson inquiry. She explained: “Again we were denied an opportunity to put our side of the story. Robert was the subject of a most disgraceful character assassination, yet was not even invited to contribute to the debate. His life has been hugely damaged. This tragedy consumes us, day in, day out…Kate’s book and the resulting publicity did not help. I do feel sympathetic towards the McCanns and obviously wish they could find their daughter. We can’t fathom the hell they must go through but they seem oblivious to the impact all this has had on our lives and the lives of others. We tried our best to help, but have ended being pilloried and abused and still it goes on.”

Might it be an idea to let it go? Move on?

Mrs Murat, now working on her own book about the case, added: “I am sick of all the half-truths and innuendos, so I do want a full and accurate record of the truth. It is important that our story is told.”

Why wait for a book deal? You can write it up online and distribute to the world for free.

http://www.anorak.co.uk/341415/madeleine-mccann/madeleine-mccann-robert-murats-mum-is-writing-a-book.html/

matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Age : 43
Location : holywell
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  tigger on Mon 3 Dec - 16:14

Actually, although it probably isn't in the book, Kate did state in January that Murat was no longer suspected of having abducted Madeleine by TM but she still thought he was a 'spotter' for paedophile gangs.
That's not very nice is it? Murat is probably still out for revenge, they dropped him in it big time. Perjury by the Tapas and so on.

I rather like this idea of his mother writing a book, a bit like the McCann tactics of disseminating news via Philomena et al.
I'm sure Murat and McCann knew each other, the phone records are quite clear I think. I think he 'helped' and was subsequently dropped in the deep end by TM because it suited them to do so.

tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Age : 50
Location : The Hague
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  LJC on Mon 3 Dec - 17:42

If Gerry does know RM in any way at all, then why does he know him? If it is true that the McCanns think RM is a spotter for paedophile gangs, why do they know this? It must be more than suspicion if this is true. If it is true that they or Gerry at least knows Murat, then that alone means the McCanns are hiding something. And if they think they know for a fact that he's a spotter, then what they are hiding is very serious indeed.

I am inclined to think they just know his face, know him by sight only, with him being a close neighbour whilst they were on holiday. He cannot sue because Kate, cleverly, has merely re-told what police told her rather than out and out point a finger at him. However, it does make her a hypocrite of the highest order.

I am trying to think now, when did she write her first book? Surely Murat had been cleared before she wrote her first book? If so, no need to mention him in this particular way at all. Okay, so she later goes on to admit he's in the clear, but its obvious to me that the McCanns dislike him and still think he's got something to do with it, whatever it is.

As for Gerry's comments post Leveson, so he'd like a law to regulate the press would he. Well, there are laws also to regulate how children are cared for, in particular leaving them unattended.

Hyprocites the pair of them.

LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  Panda on Mon 3 Dec - 18:25

Yes, aren't they.!!!

It was at the airport when Gerry was asked if he knew Murat and he reploed"no comment" which made us suspect. Not sure about the pedophilia, can't see it myself. Murat was friends with the Russian guy who had his computer taken away by the PJ but they never found anything incriminating.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  matthew on Mon 3 Dec - 21:01

http://textusa.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/these-bothersome-elderlies.html

matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Age : 43
Location : holywell
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  Fern on Mon 10 Dec - 21:36

I read the book in question some time ago however I don't recall Kate McCann accusing Rob Murat of anything ?
I understand the OP has come from a newspaper and has been accepted by the majority on this thread therefore I gather I must have missed the extract from Kate's book where the accusation involving Rob Murat is made.

Should anyone have access to Kate's book, please could you post the page number in question.

Thank you




Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Age : 45
Location : Either in or on the Irish Sea
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  AnnaEsse on Mon 10 Dec - 22:40

Fern wrote:I read the book in question some time ago however I don't recall Kate McCann accusing Rob Murat of anything ?
I understand the OP has come from a newspaper and has been accepted by the majority on this thread therefore I gather I must have missed the extract from Kate's book where the accusation involving Rob Murat is made.

Should anyone have access to Kate's book, please could you post the page number in question.

Thank you




I think the accusations against Murat are in Kate's diary, which can be found on the McCann Files web site.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18417
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  Fern on Mon 10 Dec - 22:46

AnnaEsse wrote:
Fern wrote:I read the book in question some time ago however I don't recall Kate McCann accusing Rob Murat of anything ?
I understand the OP has come from a newspaper and has been accepted by the majority on this thread therefore I gather I must have missed the extract from Kate's book where the accusation involving Rob Murat is made.

Should anyone have access to Kate's book, please could you post the page number in question.

Thank you




I think the accusations against Murat are in Kate's diary, which can be found on the McCann Files web site.

So the allegations are NOT in Kate's book after all then, as it states in the OP, but in her own personal diary ?

Is this correct ?

Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Age : 45
Location : Either in or on the Irish Sea
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  AnnaEsse on Mon 10 Dec - 22:54

Fern wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Fern wrote:I read the book in question some time ago however I don't recall Kate McCann accusing Rob Murat of anything ?
I understand the OP has come from a newspaper and has been accepted by the majority on this thread therefore I gather I must have missed the extract from Kate's book where the accusation involving Rob Murat is made.

Should anyone have access to Kate's book, please could you post the page number in question.

Thank you




I think the accusations against Murat are in Kate's diary, which can be found on the McCann Files web site.

So the allegations are NOT in Kate's book after all then, as it states in the OP, but in her own personal diary ?

Is this correct ?

I've just checked and copied a paragraph from the book. Don't know what page it is, but it's from chapter 10: Meeting the PJ.

Luís and Guilhermino usually volunteered little but would respond quite candidly to direct questions. We were often surprised at the detail they were prepared to share with us. In fact, the British police once suggested that we might be better off putting any questions or requests directly to the PJ, as we seemed to have more influence with them than they did.
The two officers talked openly about Robert Murat, who remained an arguido, and drip-fed us snippets of ‘evidence’ linking him to Madeleine’s disappearance. Not enough, apparently, to arrest and charge him. In some ways, I wish now they hadn’t done this. It served only to colour my judgement of Murat. They told us, for example, about a newspaper clipping they’d seized from his house, an article entitled ‘Lock up Your Daughters’, which claimed that Casanova had been a paedophile. It made us shudder. Back then we feared everything and, perhaps understandably, leaped to the worst conclusions without pausing to consider innocent explanations


So, the reference in the OP is quite correct.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18417
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  Guest on Mon 10 Dec - 23:00

Since they had insinuated throughout that he might be the person responsible for the unimaginable fear and pain suffered by our little girl, is it any wonder I felt as I did?

I thought that there was no evidence that she had come to any harm?


Last edited by Iris on Mon 10 Dec - 23:04; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  Fern on Mon 10 Dec - 23:01

AnnaEsse wrote:
Fern wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Fern wrote:I read the book in question some time ago however I don't recall Kate McCann accusing Rob Murat of anything ?
I understand the OP has come from a newspaper and has been accepted by the majority on this thread therefore I gather I must have missed the extract from Kate's book where the accusation involving Rob Murat is made.

Should anyone have access to Kate's book, please could you post the page number in question.

Thank you




I think the accusations against Murat are in Kate's diary, which can be found on the McCann Files web site.

So the allegations are NOT in Kate's book after all then, as it states in the OP, but in her own personal diary ?

Is this correct ?

I've just checked and copied a paragraph from the book. Don't know what page it is, but it's from chapter 10: Meeting the PJ.

Luís and Guilhermino usually volunteered little but would respond quite candidly to direct questions. We were often surprised at the detail they were prepared to share with us. In fact, the British police once suggested that we might be better off putting any questions or requests directly to the PJ, as we seemed to have more influence with them than they did.
The two officers talked openly about Robert Murat, who remained an arguido, and drip-fed us snippets of ‘evidence’ linking him to Madeleine’s disappearance. Not enough, apparently, to arrest and charge him. In some ways, I wish now they hadn’t done this. It served only to colour my judgement of Murat. They told us, for example, about a newspaper clipping they’d seized from his house, an article entitled ‘Lock up Your Daughters’, which claimed that Casanova had been a paedophile. It made us shudder. Back then we feared everything and, perhaps understandably, leaped to the worst conclusions without pausing to consider innocent explanations


So, the reference in the OP is quite correct.

Thank you for finding this Anna.

On reading it though, in my opinion it doesn't read as if Kate is in any way directing any anger towards Rob Murat. If anything I would say it's the PJ the above comments are referring to.

Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Age : 45
Location : Either in or on the Irish Sea
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  maebee on Mon 10 Dec - 23:30

Fern wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Fern wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Fern wrote:I read the book in question some time ago however I don't recall Kate McCann accusing Rob Murat of anything ?
I understand the OP has come from a newspaper and has been accepted by the majority on this thread therefore I gather I must have missed the extract from Kate's book where the accusation involving Rob Murat is made.

Should anyone have access to Kate's book, please could you post the page number in question.

Thank you




I think the accusations against Murat are in Kate's diary, which can be found on the McCann Files web site.

So the allegations are NOT in Kate's book after all then, as it states in the OP, but in her own personal diary ?

Is this correct ?

I've just checked and copied a paragraph from the book. Don't know what page it is, but it's from chapter 10: Meeting the PJ.

Luís and Guilhermino usually volunteered little but would respond quite candidly to direct questions. We were often surprised at the detail they were prepared to share with us. In fact, the British police once suggested that we might be better off putting any questions or requests directly to the PJ, as we seemed to have more influence with them than they did.
The two officers talked openly about Robert Murat, who remained an arguido, and drip-fed us snippets of ‘evidence’ linking him to Madeleine’s disappearance. Not enough, apparently, to arrest and charge him. In some ways, I wish now they hadn’t done this. It served only to colour my judgement of Murat. They told us, for example, about a newspaper clipping they’d seized from his house, an article entitled ‘Lock up Your Daughters’, which claimed that Casanova had been a paedophile. It made us shudder. Back then we feared everything and, perhaps understandably, leaped to the worst conclusions without pausing to consider innocent explanations


So, the reference in the OP is quite correct.

Thank you for finding this Anna.

On reading it though, in my opinion it doesn't read as if Kate is in any way directing any anger towards Rob Murat. If anything I would say it's the PJ the above comments are referring to.

I agreee Fern. KM is blaming the PJ for "feeding them "evidence" about RM. A kind of a roundabout compliment. The PJ were nasty to tell her questionable stuff abour RM but she still gets in details of the "evidence". Did she ever expand on the innocent explanations?

maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  tigger on Tue 11 Dec - 7:58

But we only have Kate's word for it that the PJ fed them evidence. If two officers from the PJ talked openly about Murat in her presence, did Kate understand Portuguese? That's news to me.
It's highly unlikely that two Portuguese officers would take the trouble to speak to each other in English, so I think this is the usual hogwash.

Murat was made an arguido very much against the PJ's intentions. While the PJ just kept an eye on him (tapping his phone and following him generally - Murat complained about it) they found insufficient indications to arrest him.
Enter JT and two more Tapas, JT who identifies Murat positively as the man she saw carrying a child and the other two who suddenly remember seeing him hanging around the area on the night of the 3rd.
The PJ had no option but to arrest him. The British security services and a profiler had urged the PJ to arrest Murat as well.

It's rubbish imo what the book states about Murat. It seems that the decision to let Murat off in stages started in October/November. After the Rothley meeting TM let it be known that they no longer thought Murat was the kidnapper.
But as late as January Kate told the press that she still suspected him of being a spotter for a paedophile gang.
Tut, tut. She doesn't seem to like the man much, I just wonder what it is that he did or didn't do for the sainted parents.

tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Age : 50
Location : The Hague
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  cherry1 on Tue 11 Dec - 19:49

The two officers talked openly about Robert Murat, who remained an arguido, and drip-fed us snippets of ‘evidence’ linking him to Madeleine’s disappearance.

I wonder if the PJ are aware of the comments Kate has made about them in her book and would agree we have no idea as to whether this is true, judging by their interviews, statements book etc, truth is a word that would appear to hold little meaning for the mccanns.

cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6187
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  Guest on Tue 11 Dec - 22:32

Murat worked as an interpreter in the very early stages of the investigation. Even Kate admits that, in her book. I would've thought that that was ample reason to make him arguido, if only to stop him discussing aspects of the case that he learned through his translating. Remember he was/is a civilian and not part of the PJ, and so would not be bound by the same rules.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  tigger on Wed 12 Dec - 8:28

This is from 'The truth of the lie'
[...]

As the law demands, all foreign people interviewed by the police must have the benefit of an interpreter. In this investigation, the considerable number of interviews we had to conduct in record time forced us to call on the services of volunteers.

‘And this guy, you checked him out? No criminal record or trouble with the law?’

‘No, no, it's all OK, but I didn't know he lived here. It's true that his house is on the route taken by the abductor’.

‘Stay here, carry on being friendly with him; I'm going to Portimão to see what we've got on him: we've got to find out more about this guy’.

I immediately telephone the team to alert them. The Director of the Department of Criminal Investigation in Faro has to take part in a meeting the same morning, where we will discuss the case of Robert Murat. We decide to request the latter's help again in order not to lose sight of him. We must act with the utmost speed, because Madeleine could be in one of the houses he has access to. The investigators continue to check the information we have about him. He is English, aged 33 and is separated from his wife.

The latter lives in Great Britain with their daughter; the latter is nearly the same age as Madeleine and looks like her. The English journalist to whom he gave this information during an interview was immediately distrusting of him and the reasons that motivated him to help the police. Murat has lived with his mother in Vila da Luz for several years, but he goes to England regularly. Back from his last stay in Exeter on May 1st, he has to return there on the 9th. He is ready to postpone his departure, desirous above all, he states, of helping the police to find Madeleine.

His behaviour starts to seriously intrigue us. He often makes reference to similar cases that happened in the United Kingdom and which he seems to know in detail. He displays suspicious curiosity and seeks to know more. He offers to help us identify possible suspects. He knows the workings of the Ocean Club and the habits of the holiday-makers very well. He even, allegedly, tried secretly to access the investigation files. It is also known that he visits web sites of a pornographic nature.
(note: there is a copy of a report by the officer to his superior about catching Murat going through documents)
His mother has set up a desk near the Tapas restaurant in order to gather and give out information about Madeleine. We don't know if this woman's actions are philanthropic in nature, or if she is hoping to keep up-to-date with all the information circulating about the case. Members of the British agency, CEOP [Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre], take a close interest in Murat and work to develop his psychological profile.

unquote

tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Age : 50
Location : The Hague
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: JENNY MURAT: KATE MCCANN PRINTED SUCH AWFUL THINGS ABOUT MY ROBERT IN HER MADELEINE BOOK

Post  Sponsored content Today at 21:17


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum