Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scarlett Johansson and Christine Aguilera have email accounts hacked.

Go down

Scarlett Johansson and Christine Aguilera have email accounts hacked. Empty Scarlett Johansson and Christine Aguilera have email accounts hacked.

Post  Panda Wed 19 Dec - 6:47

Scarlett Johansson: Hollywood hacker sentenced to 10 years

A computer hacker who broke into the email accounts of more than 50 people in the entertainment industry, including Scarlett Johansson and the singer Christina Aguilera has been jailed for 10 years.

Scarlett Johansson and Christine Aguilera have email accounts hacked. Christopher_2175446b

Christopher Chaney Photo: AP

Scarlett Johansson and Christine Aguilera have email accounts hacked. Allen_60_1770017j
By Nick Allen, Los Angeles

4:45PM GMT 18 Dec 2012

Christopher Chaney, 36, was sentenced in Los Angeles after US District Judge S James Otero heard from a tearful Johansson in a videotaped statement.

The actress said she had felt "truly humiliated and embarrassed" when topless photographs she took of herself, which were intended for her then-husband Ryan Reynolds, were placed on the internet as a result of the hacking.

Some of Aguilera's private photographs appeared online after Chaney sent an email from the account of her stylist, asking the singer for scantily clad images, Before the sentencing Aguilera said: "That feeling of security can never be given back and there is no compensation that can restore the feeling one has from such a large invasion of privacy."

Chaney, 35, a former office clerk from Jacksonville, Florida, was arrested in October 2011 as part of an investigation dubbed "Operation Hackerazzi."

He was initially charged with 28 counts related to hacking but struck a plea deal with prosecutors, pleading guilty to nine counts including wiretapping and unauthorised access to protected computers. He was ordered to pay $66,179 (£40.680) in restitution to victims.

Related Articles

Chaney also targeted two women he knew, sending nude pictures of one former co-worker to her father.

The women, who both knew Chaney, said their lives have been irreparably damaged by his actions, and described him as "calculated, cruel and creepy."

Chaney said he had become addicted to spying on the personal lives of celebrities.

He said: "I don't know what else to say except I'm sorry. This will never happen again."

"I was almost relieved months ago when they came in and took my computer because I didn't know how to stop."
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Scarlett Johansson and Christine Aguilera have email accounts hacked. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scarlett Johansson and Christine Aguilera have email accounts hacked. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down