Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad times for the Mccanns

+11
cherry1
almostgothic
interested
Annabel
ProfessorPlum
wjk
mossman
Lioned
Lillyofthevalley
tigger
fred
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sad times for the Mccanns - Page 2 Empty Re: Sad times for the Mccanns

Post  cherry1 Sat 22 Dec - 20:24

I seem to remember the last hotline they had wasnt even being answered, wonder
if this one is any different! Sad times for the Mccanns - Page 2 303636
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :
Sad times for the Mccanns - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sad times for the Mccanns - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 22 Dec - 22:34

"Whilst Gerry and I think it constantly, Sean and Amelie now vocalise it, especially when doing something really nice like putting up the decorations... ’If only Madeleine was here too...""

Does Kate ever stop and think about what she says???? the twins were barely two years old, their memories of Madeleine would be very vague .

So far, this is only being reported by the local Press......I wonder if the Main press will also print her ramblings.

Thanks Annabrl BTW

Read More http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2012/12/22/madeleine-mccann-s-parents-rue-another-christmas-without-their-daughter-99623-32479921/2/#ixzz2Fp3gclQn
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Sad times for the Mccanns - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sad times for the Mccanns - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 22 Dec - 22:44

If Kate stopped to think if what she was about to say was absolute shoe repairers, she wouldn't say anything at all - I can dream, can't I?

That comment "if only Madeleine was here too" allegedly from the twins who were 27 months old in May 2007 and didn't have much to do with her even before then is one of the most stupid she has come out with.

I've remembered that I did phone the hotline number a couple of years ago. I'd ordered the good quality wrist bands for a joke and they hadn't arrived. There was no other number to ring so I used the hotline. Don't faint, it was actually answered.

Whether that's still true now, I don't know and of course, as has been said before, information should be passed to the police.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 22 Dec - 23:01

Not Born Yesterday wrote:If Kate stopped to think if what she was about to say was absolute shoe repairers, she wouldn't say anything at all - I can dream, can't I?

That comment "if only Madeleine was here too" allegedly from the twins who were 27 months old in May 2007 and didn't have much to do with her even before then is one of the most stupid she has come out with.

I've remembered that I did phone the hotline number a couple of years ago. I'd ordered the good quality wrist bands for a joke and they hadn't arrived. There was no other number to ring so I used the hotline. Don't faint, it was actually answered.

Whether that's still true now, I don't know and of course, as has been said before, information should be passed to the police.
Not to the Leicestershire Police NBY, it is or was a direct line to Rothley Towers where Mitchell manned the switchboard. Sad times for the Mccanns - Page 2 25346
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 22 Dec - 23:02

Unless he's had a sex change it wasn't Clarence I spoke to - thank goodness it wasn't Kate either!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 22 Dec - 23:16

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Unless he's had a sex change it wasn't Clarence I spoke to - thank goodness it wasn't Kate either!
Heaven forbid it was Auntie Phil...
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 22 Dec - 23:17

I think I'd have recognised her dulcet tones. It was a young-sounding female with no noticable accent.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sat 22 Dec - 23:51

AnnaEsse wrote:
malena stool wrote:Has anyone ever tried to claim the £million reward after leaving info on the McHotline?

In the first few weeks, someone tried claiming the reward and Gerry was set up to wait for a phone call. He browsed the net and sucked a lollipop while waiting.

And was joking around on the internet with the UK police browsing the football and rugby....meanwhile his daughter was scared for her life hoping and praying her parents were taken her abduction seriously
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 23 Dec - 8:27

From chapter 5 of Amaral's book:

AN ATTEMPTED EXTORTION AND AN UNCONCERNED FATHER

On June 14th, the parents are contacted by a stranger who states that he is in possession of information about Madeleine's whereabouts. Following the advice of the investigators, the McCanns set up an email address in order to maintain contact more easily and to better evaluate the reliability of the source. In the course of exchanges, the stranger demands 2 million Euros, of which an advance of 500,000 Euros must be sent to a person of his acquaintance in The Netherlands.

A rogatory letter is obtained. The Dutch courts and police are asked for assistance in locating and identifying the individual. The McCanns are anxious and impatient; they think the emails sent are credible and they respond very quickly. They lived in The Netherlands with Madeleine before the birth of the twins. Would someone they knew there have kidnapped their little girl to obtain a ransom? Kate and Gerald are convinced they are going to succeed, thanks to this lead, in finding Madeleine. But that conviction will not last long, as we will find out later.

Informed of these mails, the Portuguese PJ, acting in agreement with the English and Dutch police, engage in negotiations by email with the informant. The police advise Gerald McCann on how to act in order to obtain the maximum information. If the lead turned out to be credible, Madeleine might be freed and her abductors captured.

One day, we were all together at the PJ in Portimão - inspectors and negotiators, members of Scotland Yard and the Leicestershire police - waiting for a contact to define the place and the conditions for the handing over of the money in Holland; when the tension was at its height and we were all holding our breath, Gerald McCann displayed a nonchalance that surprised all of the police officers present, including the English. The atmosphere got heavier as the waiting drew out, but McCann, relaxed, was reading trivia on the internet and discussing rugby and football with the English police, while licking a lollipop. On the telephone, he laughed with friends who called him. Perhaps this was nervousness; sometimes it's totally displaced, given what is at stake at the time. His attitude shocked. When, two days later the dutch police informed us that the individual had been arrested, that he was not holding any information and had lied from start to finish with the sole objective of extorting money from the couple, we were not surprised.

Did Gerald McCann know that this lead would take us to a dead end? Is that the reason he appeared to be so nonchalant? Or was it due to the coldness that he never lost throughout the investigation - an attitude that made one of the English police officers say: "Don't forget he's a heart surgeon and he cuts people open before breakfast. "
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 23 Dec - 8:37

But he isn't a Heart Surgeon: He's a Cardiologist.

I'm surprised that the "English Police Officer" failed to get that basic detail right - upon such pedantry more important matters can succeed or fail.

It's to be hoped that the SY Review Team are more conscientious in what they are doing (Whatever it is!).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 23 Dec - 9:57

I checked out mailonline earlier and this article is not reported there so if none of the main Press is reporting, it could be significant.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2