Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"I want to live " Extraordinary Courage of Rape Victim who lost Intestines

+5
malena stool
wjk
Badboy
cherry1
Angelina
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

"I want to live " Extraordinary Courage of Rape Victim who lost Intestines - Page 2 Empty Re: "I want to live " Extraordinary Courage of Rape Victim who lost Intestines

Post  kitti Thu 10 Jan - 11:52

With people like him who happens to be a male , telling the world ...'she deserved it' no wonder rape in India is counted as 'nothing really'..That's who men have got to look up to!!!

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
"I want to live " Extraordinary Courage of Rape Victim who lost Intestines - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100"I want to live " Extraordinary Courage of Rape Victim who lost Intestines - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

"I want to live " Extraordinary Courage of Rape Victim who lost Intestines - Page 2 Empty Re: "I want to live " Extraordinary Courage of Rape Victim who lost Intestines

Post  Panda Mon 21 Jan - 12:08

21 January 2013 Last updated at 11:14

Share this page

Share this page

India gang rape trial begins in fast-track Delhi court

"I want to live " Extraordinary Courage of Rape Victim who lost Intestines - Page 2 _65404504_65404503

The BBC's Sanjoy Majumder: "More protesters are gathering now outside the court"

Continue reading the main story

Rape scandal

The trial of five men over the gang rape and murder of a 23-year-old woman has begun at a specially convened fast-track court in India's capital, Delhi.

If convicted, the men could face the death penalty. A sixth suspect, who is thought to be 17, is expected to be tried by a juvenile court.

The case has shocked India and sparked a debate about the treatment of women.

On Sunday, the victim's mother condemned public figures who implied her daughter had brought it on herself.

In an interview with the BBC, she said those who criticised Indian women for adopting Western dress and lifestyles were "sexist and irresponsible" and were in effect condoning rape.

The physiotherapy student, who cannot be named for legal reasons, and a male friend were attacked on a bus in south Delhi on 16 December.

Police said the assailants beat both of them, and then raped the woman. She suffered massive internal injuries and died nearly two weeks later.
'Forensic evidence'
The start of the trial was delayed for more than an hour on Monday as defence lawyers argued that it should be open to the media. The judge rejected their request and said it should be held behind closed doors.

After receiving the charge sheet, the judge adjourned the trial until 24 January, when opening arguments will be heard.

India's fast-track courts

• Some 1,200 fast-track courts were operating in India as of March 2012
  • In Delhi, six fast-track courts were ordered for the trial of cases related to crimes against women, especially rape. Some other states such as Punjab and Maharashtra are also setting up fast-track courts for this purpose
  • In 2000, central government started a scheme for more than 1,700 fast-track courts to try to clear the backlog of cases clogging up the Indian judicial system, partly related to a shortage of judges
  • Funding is an issue because the central government said it could no longer fund them after March 2011, leaving future funding decisions to individual states

The defendants have been named as Ram Singh and his brother Mukesh, Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma and Akshay Thakur. The sixth suspect claims to be a juvenile and his case is being handled separately.

Lawyers for two of the suspects have said they will plead not guilty. It is unclear how the other three accused will plead.

Prosecutors say they have extensive forensic evidence linking all six men to the crime. It is supported by the suspects' mobile-phone records and the testimony of the dying woman and her friend, they add.

However, defence lawyers told the Reuters news agency that they were preparing to argue that the forensic evidence had been fabricated.

They also said the trial was unsafe because police had rushed the investigation into the crime as a result of the public outrage.

Two of the four defence lawyers had said their clients were beaten in custody and forced to make confessions which were suspiciously similar. Officials have declined to comment, citing legal restrictions.

The defence is also expected to argue that the men were denied legal aid for several weeks. The lawyer for Ram Singh, VK Anand, said he would ask to move the trial out of the capital because of the media attention.

"We are sure we will not get justice in Delhi," he added.
'Quick justice'
The brutal assault on the 23-year-old student has led to nationwide protests against the treatment of women in India.

Campaigners have called for tougher rape laws and reforms to the police have been accused of too often failing to file charges against attackers.

The government has promised to fast-track future rape cases. Legal proceedings in India sometimes involve years of delays.

Six fast-track courts will be set up in Delhi to allow crimes against women to be dealt with swiftly. There are believed to be about 95,000 rape cases pending nationwide, according to Ranjana Kumari, a women's activist and director of the Centre for Social Research.

"'We need a system in which women can get justice quickly. Otherwise, in the normal course of things, it can take 10 or 12 or 14 years for cases to be taken up by the court. That is tantamount to denying justice to the victim," she told the Associated Press.

The government has also said that it will bring in stronger sexual assault laws and has established several committees to recommend change
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
"I want to live " Extraordinary Courage of Rape Victim who lost Intestines - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100"I want to live " Extraordinary Courage of Rape Victim who lost Intestines - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

"I want to live " Extraordinary Courage of Rape Victim who lost Intestines - Page 2 Empty 2 MEN IN INDIA RAPE AND MURDER 4 YEAR OLD GIRL

Post  kitti Thu 31 Jan - 12:06

2 men have been arrested in connection with the rape off a 4 year old girl.

The little girl was playing with a friend when the men enticed one off the 4 year olds away from the friend and raped her.

The men tried to rape the girl 'the unconventional way' and when they couldn't they raped her and when they had done this they THREW her into the river.

The little girl was thrown in and could not swim and she drowned.

Poor little mite .
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 31 Jan - 13:48

That's a dreadful story kitti, but Indian Men are marrying girls as young as 6 , I posted somewhere a photo of two girls married to these old men.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 31 Jan - 16:17

kitti wrote:2 men have been arrested in connection with the rape off a 4 year old girl.

The little girl was playing with a friend when the men enticed one off the 4 year olds away from the friend and raped her.

The men tried to rape the girl 'the unconventional way' and when they couldn't they raped her and when they had done this they THREW her into the river.

The little girl was thrown in and could not swim and she drowned.

Poor little mite .

If those men are so ruled by their appendages, they should not be allowed out in public alone. Thoroughly disgusting, depraved excuses for human beings.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

"I want to live " Extraordinary Courage of Rape Victim who lost Intestines - Page 2 Empty India Gang Rape Plead Not Guilty

Post  Panda Sat 2 Feb - 11:55

India Gang Rape Accused Plead Not Guilty

11:31am UK, Saturday 02 February 2013
"I want to live " Extraordinary Courage of Rape Victim who lost Intestines - Page 2 158633722-1-522x293
Demonstrators have called for tougher punishments for sex crimes in India

!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs");

window.___gcfg = {lang: 'en-GB'};

(function() {
var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;
po.src = 'https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);
})();

Five men accused of the brutal murder and gang rape of a 23-year-old medical student on a Delhi bus have denied the allegations.

They pleaded not guilty after being indicted on 13 charges in a special fast-track court in the capital.

The defendants are due back in court on February 5, when the prosecution will call three witnesses to the formal start of the trial.

The accused, who have been named as Ram Singh, Mukesh Singh, Vinay Sharma, Akshay Thakur and Pawan Gupta, could face the death penalty if convicted.

They reportedly filed into the courtroom with their faces covered.

A sixth 17-year-old suspect, will be tried separately in a juvenile court where the maximum sentence is three years in a reform facility.

The victim was repeatedly raped and assaulted with a metal bar before being thrown of a moving bus on December 16 with a male companion, who was beaten up by the assailants.

She died of internal injures two weeks later in a hospital in Singapore.

Her death has sparked nationwide protests about violence against women.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 5 Feb - 8:11

5 February 2013 Last updated at 07:51
Delhi rape case: First witness to take stand at trial
"I want to live " Extraordinary Courage of Rape Victim who lost Intestines - Page 2 _65703158_v0p355tc The assault outraged India and sparked a debate about treatment of women

Rape scandal

A court in the Indian capital, Delhi, is beginning to hear evidence from witnesses in the case of the gang rape and murder of a 23-year-old physiotherapy student in December.

Five of the accused men have arrived at the specially convened fast-track court. They have pleaded not guilty.

If convicted, they could face the death penalty. A sixth suspect is to be tried by a juvenile court.

The assault outraged India and sparked a debate about treatment of women.
Reporting restrictions
The first of 80 witnesses to be produced by the prosecution takes the stand in the Saket District Court on Tuesday.

All reporting of proceedings inside the courtroom have been banned and lawyers cannot speak to reporters.

A key witness in the case will be the victim's male friend who was with her when she was attacked on a bus and thrown from the vehicle.

India's fast-track courts

• Some 1,200 fast-track courts were operating in India as of March 2012
  • In Delhi, six fast-track courts were ordered for the trial of cases related to crimes against women, especially rape. Some other states such as Punjab and Maharashtra are also setting up fast-track courts for this purpose
  • In 2000, central government started a scheme for more than 1,700 fast-track courts to try to clear the backlog of cases clogging up the Indian judicial system, partly related to a shortage of judges
  • Funding is an issue because the central government said it could no longer fund them after March 2011, leaving future funding decisions to individual states

The student died in a Singapore hospital on 29 December from her internal injuries.

Her 28-year-old companion cannot be named for legal reasons. He arrived at the courthouse in a wheelchair, still unable to walk properly due to injuries he also allegedly suffered in the attack.

His father, who accompanied him into the court complex, told Agence France-Presse news agency: "My son will go to any lengths to ensure that the guilty are punished."

The five defendants facing trial on Tuesday are Ram Singh and his brother Mukesh, Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma and Akshay Thakur.

They face 13 charges, including murder, gang-rape, kidnapping and destruction of evidence.

Prosecutors say they have extensive forensic evidence, supported by the suspects' mobile-phone records and the testimony of the dying woman and her companion.

Defence lawyers are expected to argue that the forensic evidence has been fabricated and that the rush to prosecute has led to an unsafe trial.

The BBC's Sanjoy Majumder in Delhi says the trial is being closely followed in India, where the case has led to massive protests about the treatment of women and how the police and legal system tackle sex crimes.

On Sunday, Indian President Pranab Mukherjee signed a new anti-rape law which has increased the minimum sentence for those convicted of gang-rape and allows for the death penalty to be used in extreme cases.

But women's groups have come out against the new law, saying that marital rape and sexual assaults by Indian security forces in conflict zones should have been included.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 11 Mar - 7:40

The man accused of leading the gang rape of a student on a New Delhi bus has hanged himself in his prison cell.
Ram Singh was found dead in the high-security Tihar jail where he had been on suicide watch in an isolated cell, officials said.
The suicide has angered the family of the 23-year-old rape victim who said the authorities had been negligent and they had been denied justice.
Her father, who cannot be named for legal reasons, said: "We don't understand how could the police fail to protect Ram Singh? They knew he was the prime accused in my daughter's case.
"How could they let him choose the way he wanted to die? The police have failed and I wonder what will happen to the case now."
Singh, 35, was accused of leading a gang of five others who subjected the physiotherapy student to a two-and-a-half hour sex attack in which she was gang raped.
Her internal injuries were so horrific she died two weeks later in a hospital in Singapore despite surgery to try to save her.
Singh's suicide comes in the middle of his trial. He and four others are accused of luring the woman and a male friend, who were on their way home from a trip to the cinema, on to the bus where they beat him before repeatedly raping her.
A senior police officer on the case said: "The case will continue. There is no reason for the case to suffer."
Singh's lawyer confirmed his client's death but claimed he had been "killed in prison". Lawyers for the men have previously accused police of beating confessions out of their clients.
Singh was the regular driver of the white private bus, usually used to carry school children, which is alleged to have been used in the December 16 attack.
Police say he had been out with friends and drinking heavily when they decided to take the bus out for a night-time joyride.
The men are facing charges of murder, rape, and kidnapping, and if found guilty are expected to be given the death penalty.
A sixth suspect aged 17 is being tried in a juveniles' court, where he faces a maximum three years imprisonment.
The attack caused worldwide revulsion and outrage in India. Days of protests followed in a country where a woman is raped every 20 minutes.
The woman's friend, who is still suffering from the injuries he sustained in the attack, has already given evidence at the trial. His account was said to be a crucial part of the case.
He had previously spoken of the attack in an interview in which he told how he begged the rapists to stop "the cruelty that should never be seen".
Protesters have called for all rape suspects to be hanged and want a better deal for women so the streets are safer and men who rape women are put on trial.
National crime records show that 228,650 of the total 256,329 violent crimes recorded in India last year were against women and rape cases more than doubled between 1990 and 2008.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2