Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kellys Bar

+3
Badboy
Panda
fred
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kellys Bar Empty Kellys Bar

Post  jd16 Sat 29 Dec - 21:25

I remember these 2 days very clearly now (May 1st and May 2nd 2007). This was when 3 British clubs were in the semi finals of the champions league and back then everyone was buzzing about the first all Engllish final, I remember in London everyone was in pubs packed to the rafters watching both matches and was all the news (until May 3rd!). You can bet that the mccanns and T7 were watching the games and Kellys bar seems credible considering it has 2 big TV screens for Sky. This will be why the 'football comment' was in jane tanners head because of these matches over these 2 nights...I'd very much doubt they would be watching in their apartment otherwise they would have said so especially as it would also show them being at the apartment looking over their kids.... they were at Kellys without doubt on one or both of these nights...6 mins walk away from the apartments

The KELLY's in PdL / McCanns neglect
Hi All. Just a short post to see if I can get feedback on a bar / hotel-bar-/-restaurant/ club called The Kelly's in Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.

INFO NEEDED ON KATE AND GERRY MCCANN, WEEK 28th APRIL to 3rd MAY 2007 AT:
The Kelly's (BAR) in Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.

I have been tipped-off about Locals of Praia who said that Mr and Mrs McCann / Ms Healy (and possibly other connections) had been using this venue while on holiday, just prior to when they stated Madeleine had "vanished". It doesn't seem they mentioned any of this in police statements ( well apparently, once again, it was all about leaving their children on their own!)
This information seems to be strong, given other details it was surrounded with.
If anyone has more info about this, please comment using the "Anonymous" facility or any name you wish/ Blogger. - You can also reach me in confidentiality on tlpb@rocketmail.com

- and don't forget you may also contact the police (Erm...!) or NSY... -

T.Y! Obrigada.

please note: some info there: the venue does really exist: look out on http://www.macpherson-neil.co.uk/JustLuz/Bars2aa.htm#Kellys

Anonymous22 March 2012 02:39
It was Jane Tanner who mentioned the FOOTBALL on Tv... Whereas if you actually go on a holiday (supposedly only being in the flat to take a TURN of CHECK...) it'd be pretty hard to focus on a TV search and find the miraculous Football match, right here, right now... Abroad, not on your usual TV... Answer: BEST is: GO TO THE KELLY'S BAR, PdL, where LIVE FOOTBALL is on large screens. Imo that's why TANNER hinted at Football, and also that's why I got tipped off by a LOCAL re THE KELLY'S! No check!
LaPieinsky

Tuesday 1st May 2007..Champions League Semi-Final Liverpool v Chelsea
Wednesday 2nd May 2007..Champions League Semi-Final Manchester United v AC Milan

http://thelostmarketingploy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/kellys-in-pdl-mccanns-neglect.html
Kellys Bar 4959364398_393d725045_z
Despite the Irish sounding name, Kellys is actually a Welsh owned bar. Nice friendly staff. A good sized bar with plenty of outside seating ( a good afternoon sun trap ). Crisps and nuts only. ● Two Sky T.V.'s for football. ● Lively Quiz nights Mondays and Fridays. A popular haunt of the English residents especially on the quiz nights.
WHERE : Just off of the main town square past the Bull pub and before the Dolphin Restaurant. 10/2007
WHERE: Rua da Calheta.
10/2007

jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :
Kellys Bar Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kellys Bar Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Kellys Bar Empty Re: Kellys Bar

Post  cherry1 Sat 29 Dec - 22:14

Kelly's Irish Bar, three minutes' walk from the Mark Warner Complex where the McCanns stayed, is -- allegedly -- one of the places visited by Gerry and Kate McCann during their brief stay on the peninsula.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/mystery-remains-why-was-she-left-alone-1360358.html
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sat 29 Dec - 22:18

The manager, Mary, is a friendly native of Donegal who has lived in Portugal for the past 20 years.......
Small world!!!
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 29 Dec - 22:40

Kelly's bar is Irish owned, so could it be the same owners as the Kellys Bar in Donegal.

found some info saying Irish owned, other info saying Welsh owned!
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sun 30 Dec - 4:12

I wonder if Kellys Bar in either PDL or Donegal has any connections to Joe's Bar/Mccanns Bar in Donegal, the mccanns family-owned pub in St Johnston on the Donegal side of the border

I love this story (you couldn't make it up!), it goes:

From: Madeleine's great grandfather Joe running a pub in St Johnston once upon a time (after he retired)

To: Madeleine's grandfather John being born in the "McCanns" Pub. (after Joe mccann retired?)

Then to: Brothers John and Hughie running the pub (supposedly in the early sixties)

Then: John meets Eileen from a different county, they get married and run the McCann pub. Eileen apparently gives birth to John & Philamena whilst living in this pub

They then emigrate to Scotland (1967). Eileen a biscuit factory worker, Johnny, a carpenter. But they apparently never let go of "the pub" John dies 2004 leaving the pub to Eileen who still owns it to this day under the watchful guide of Joe Peoples, a Peace Commissioner and Treasurer of St Johnston Cricket Club

Joe Peoples, who took over the pub after Gerry's parents, Johnny and Eileen, moved away to start a new life in Scotland in the mid- 1960s, said the thoughts of local people were with the devastated family as they faced the second |anniversary.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/donegal-town-promises-to-keep-praying-for-madeleine-14288826.html

A website www.stjohnstonandcarrigans.com is the only other source (outside media reporting on the McCann case) that tells us this pub "Joe's Bar"/"McCanns Bar" in Donegal exists. This website was set up early 2007. The name "Joe's Bar" was only registered as a business 6th Feb 2009! The individual who registered it is named Martin Peoples, his profession is given as accountant, age 32. His address is also given as St Johnston

Is Joe Peoples the funeral director in Donegal or the one who works for Donegal County Council as the Director of Water?

Here's a photo of the pub.....Can't say it looks like one myself!
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Main+Street,+Saint+Johnston,+Ireland&hl=en&ll=54.934515,-7.461739&spn=0.00057,0.001725&sll=37.805851,-122.420568&sspn=0.006341,0.013797&vpsrc=6&gl=us&hnear=Main+St,+St+Johnston,+County+Donegal,+Ireland&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=54.934615,-7.461775&panoid=2TTKDePGrwqq8X3dfskbyA&cbp=13,343.45,,0,1.33

Its also mentioned and shown in this UTV report

jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 30 Dec - 9:17

Yes, the story of the McCanns' supposed link to the pub in Donegal is an interesting one. Personally I think there may be an element of truth about it (someone on another forum did find evidence that John Senior had held a vintner's licence) but it has been much exaggerated to "sell" Madeleine to the Irish as one of their own.

Supposedly the first four McCanns were born there with Gerry the only one born in Scotland after the family moved there in 1967. I don't think that Irish birth records are available online to verify this.

I can believe that the building is or was used as a pub, despite its appearance as a delapidated house, as this isn't unusual in small Irish villages; neither is it for somebody to have more than one job so the mysterious Joe Peoples could be a real jack of all trades.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 30 Dec - 10:43

Despite the Irish sounding name, Kellys is actually a Welsh owned bar. "

This is from the lostmarketingploy postes by jd16, mentioned underneath the photo of the Bar.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sun 30 Dec - 13:05

Thanks Panda, that is the reference I saw to Welsh owned - some sites are listing it as Irish
owned for some reason

Best Travel guide of PDL - An Irish owned bar with friendly staff with very reasonable priced drinks.
http://www.praiadaluz.info/detaillist.php?produid=208&categorydesc=Kellys&category_type=Praia da Luz

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sun 30 Dec - 13:37

Yes Kellys is Welsh owned. The McCanns could have been at The Bull pub, which is on the same road as Kellys, they also have a t.v. and show the football.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sun 30 Dec - 13:42

In all seriousness though I cant think who would want to spend the
evening watching a Liverpool V Chelsea match! You would have to be
pretty desperate! Kellys Bar 424625
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 30 Dec - 14:36

Wasn't Madeleine an Everton Fan like her Mum??? that's how she got the special blue shirt. don't know if Gerry supported Everton as well.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sun 30 Dec - 14:39

well I suppose if you are a man and a football fan you would watch anything
that is going, even regardless as to whether they can actually play football! Kellys Bar 294124
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sun 30 Dec - 15:09

cherry1 wrote:well I suppose if you are a man and a football fan you would watch anything
that is going, even regardless as to whether they can actually play football! Kellys Bar 294124

These 2 matches were all that the news were talking about at this time in 2007

Both gerry and kate mccann were at Wembley in May this year as VIP's at the Liverpool v Everton semi final
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sun 30 Dec - 15:18

this is them at an Everton match they went to Kellys Bar Th_BCOOMB_301010_145904_0_0209_r647947
and funnily enough the mystery abductor they were looking for, who looked like Ruud Gullit, turned up as well to the same match - along with his twin brother!
Kellys Bar Th_fellaini-420189955
Kellys Bar 424625
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sun 30 Dec - 15:23

cherry1 wrote:this is them at an Everton match they went to Kellys Bar Th_BCOOMB_301010_145904_0_0209_r647947
and funnily enough the mystery abductor they were looking for, who looked like Ruud Gullit, turned up as well to the same match - along with his twin brother!
Kellys Bar Th_fellaini-420189955
Kellys Bar 424625
Kellys Bar 23324 he probably tried to headbutt gerry mccann!
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sun 30 Dec - 15:25

Kellys Bar 294124 amazing the mystery abductors under their noses and nobody
arrested them Kellys Bar 294124
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 30 Dec - 15:28

fred wrote:Yes Kellys is Welsh owned. The McCanns could have been at The Bull pub, which is on the same road as Kellys, they also have a t.v. and show the football.
WOULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN MENTIONED IN THE PJ FILES OR WHATEVER IF THEY HAVE BEEN THERE.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sun 30 Dec - 15:39

Has been alleged they frequented Kellys

Kelly's Irish Bar, three minutes' walk from the Mark Warner Complex where the McCanns stayed, is -- allegedly -- one of the places visited by Gerry and Kate McCann during their brief stay on the peninsula.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/mystery-remains-why-was-she-left-alone-1360358.html

but not seen anything in the files to confirm, could have been held back if they did attend.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sun 30 Dec - 15:56

The PJ went there on October 2007 and got receipts from May 3rd to try and back up Martin Smiths "sighting"....the "sighting' the mccanns try to ignore (so much for leaving no stone unturned in the 'search')

I believe there is a hidden meaning indirectly from robert murat to the mccanns that the Smiths came from Kelly's bar

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P12/12_VOLUME_XIIa_Page_3277.jpg
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 30 Dec - 21:54

jd16 wrote:The PJ went there on October 2007 and got receipts from May 3rd to try and back up Martin Smiths "sighting"....the "sighting' the mccanns try to ignore (so much for leaving no stone unturned in the 'search')

I believe there is a hidden meaning indirectly from robert murat to the mccanns that the Smiths came from Kelly's bar

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P12/12_VOLUME_XIIa_Page_3277.jpg

The receipts at least prove beyond doubt the timing Mr Smith gives for his sighting. They (Smiths) had eaten at another location and popped into Kellys for a drink on the way home, as far as I recall. They were reasonably sure of the lenght of time they were there also, I think they were conscious of the fact that some of their party were leaving the following day and also wasn't Mr Smiths pregnant daughter in law feeling ill.

Yes JD16, imo the fact that the McCanns choose to ignore the Smiths statements speaks volumes. It is also unbelievable that nobody has ever come forward to say it was them walking with the child that night. So, virtual denial by the McCanns and nobody else in the whole world to hold their hand up to say they were walking on the street with a child.

There are only two possibilities really - it was indeed McCann or Mr Smith is lying through his teeth. I know which possibility I would put my money on.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sun 30 Dec - 22:11

Me too, I cant see anything that Smith would have to gain by lying, whereas there are
numerous lies and discrepancies which the Mccanns appear to have told, this is evidenced by
statements from their own mouths in interviews, statatements, books, etc, where one minute say one thing then another minute say something totally different, all of this is on record.

Madeleine deserves the truth and there can only be one version of the truth not all the different versions that the Mccanns have come out with.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 30 Dec - 22:38

cherry1 wrote:Me too, I cant see anything that Smith would have to gain by lying, whereas there are
numerous lies and discrepancies which the Mccanns appear to have told, this is evidenced by
statements from their own mouths in interviews, statatements, books, etc, where one minute say one thing then another minute say something totally different, all of this is on record.

Madeleine deserves the truth and there can only be one version of the truth not all the different versions that the Mccanns have come out with.

Hi Cherry1, it did occur to me at one stage the person who gained most from the statement was in fact Murat. Mr Smith was able to say it was most definately not Robert Murat he saw that night, he knew Murat by sight from around the village etc. Therefore, a good alibi of sorts for RM. That said, he could well have made a statement and left it at that. There was no requirement for Smith to return months later, make further contact with the police and further elaborate on his statement, as regards seeing McCann walking down the steps of the plane etc. So on balance, I believe the Smith statement, and I believe his concerns as regards his second statement.

As you say, sadly the McCanns have never given any reason to suggest they are being honest about what happened on that holiday.

mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sun 30 Dec - 23:13

Hi Mossman, I would certainly agree with your reasoning and conclusions. Kellys Bar 944533
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Mon 31 Dec - 1:02

There's a lot of hidden messages in this scam..ranging from the bag found at the airport in Nov 2007 to keep tanner/o brien quiet, to the make up photos of Maddie, to the freezer being dumped. I know I am in the minority believing (I would go further and say knowing) that the Smith sighting was set up 2 weeks later to aid robert murat after he became prime suspect. Nothing to my mind is so blantently obvious

To add whats already been said and is known, Smiths daughter "saw" the face of this man carrying the child they claimed to have seen, but nobody has ever asked for a photofit or pushed her any further...Not the PJ nor the mccanns, yet we have countless ever changing ones asked from from jane tanner but not Smiths daughter

The receipts from Kellys Bar are cash receipts...could be anybodies and does not prove anything. The only receipt that proves the Smiths "story" is from the restaurant they were at previously where they paid by credit card...but not Kellys

How is a family of 9 able to get a round of drinks and drink them in 10/15 mins...would take this long to walk to the bar with family on tow and be served. Kellys Bar was added to the "story" and said for a reason like many other things

On 26 May 2007, Martin Smith stated to the police "that it is not possible for him to recognise the individual in person or by photograph. However, Martin Smith points out the man was not Robert Murat. Martin Smith visits Portugal at least three times every year, staying at an apartment he owns within the Estrela da Luz complex. Martin Smith and his son Peter are from Drogheda in the Republic of Ireland, 30 miles north of Dublin. Irishman Gerry Fagan, who co-owns the Estrela da Luz with his English business partner Simon Burgess (as part of the Oceanico Golf Holiday franchise), is also from Drogheda. Oceanico regularly run Golfing Events with the Associação Portuguesa de Seniores de Golfe, curated by Teresa Symington, whose husband Bob Symington is a member of the famous Symington Port and Wine dynasty and the brother of Ocean Club owner David Symington. Bob's long-time friend, Andrew Bull (who died in 2009), like Bob's nephew Johnny Symington, served with the British Embassy and the British Council in Portugal. The owners of the Estrela da Luz apartments now own the Vilamoura Golf Course that Daily Telegraph journalist, Martin Symington speaks so fondly of in his Algarve Reports. Oceanico often organise events at the nearby Palmares Golf Club - where Murat and girlfriend Michaela Walczuch met with business associates Jorge da Silva and his son on the day Madeleine went missing.

It is believed that Fagan and Burgess were introduced by an English Solicitor working out of nearby Almancil called Ronald Swyer (there was an alleged sighting of a child fitting Madeleine's description at the 'Dunas Douradas' complex in Almancil).

Why would robert murat not even make any attempt to sue lori campbell after she committed the most slanderous and life destroying accusations on Sky Tv and papers anybody could make based on a "feeling"... and why did robert murat agree to brian "Bulldozer" kennedy & co to buy his silence

Would gerry mccann seriously be running the streets of Luz where he could easily be spotted just minutes prior to his wife raising the alarm. Never in a million years imo, this whole scam was planned days in advanced with the people who got involved from the outset (you don't just ring them up) with jane tanner given the role of being the main witness to an abductor which they have control over. They never believed robert murat would defend himself with the Smith sighting and the biggest reason why they try to ignore it
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 31 Dec - 1:12

thats interesting jd, I have no doubt whatsoever that this whole scam was planned
well in advance and also Murat possibly involved in some way.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content