Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help wanted re early Madeleine website content

+11
Bobsy
T4two
matthew
margaret
kitti
Panda
weissnicht
pamalam
Lillyofthevalley
HiDeHo
almostgothic
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Help wanted re early Madeleine website content  - Page 2 Empty Re: Help wanted re early Madeleine website content

Post  cherry1 Sat 5 Jan - 17:23

I saw some reference on one of the sites to 5p a minute lilly but dont know if that was correct, I believe Crimestoppers was free number. There were a number of references to the fact that the hotline was not a freephone number and money raised to the number would be split between provider and 'client' taken to mean the mccanns. Very relevant I would say due to the number seemingly not being answered at times when people rang it, maybe worth finding out exact charge.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :
Help wanted re early Madeleine website content  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Help wanted re early Madeleine website content  - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Help wanted re early Madeleine website content  - Page 2 Empty Re: Help wanted re early Madeleine website content

Post  tigger Sat 5 Jan - 17:29

weissnicht wrote:
cherry1 wrote:Some discussion here 2007 regarding a hotline number although number not
mentioned, saying that they should have had a freephone number - the number
they had some of the money goes to the provider and some to the 'client'

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071025071122AAPt0q2

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071029010010AAhBocz

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071024091743AAG0dxq
Aaaaah, I have forgotten all about that. They wanted to make money with phone calls, if people phone for leads.

Would be very neat, getting people to donate to the Fund and not use that money for a freephone number. It would not maximise the chance of getting information. Some people, on hearing there was a charge might simply have put the phone down.
Therefore it was essential imo to have a freephone number.

It's all one with the unauthorised collection boxes which were placed all over the Ocean Club.
Every little bit counts....

@ Panda , the photo of the boxes is on page 1.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :
Help wanted re early Madeleine website content  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Help wanted re early Madeleine website content  - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 5 Jan - 17:33

Re 0845 numbers I have seen all different amounts mentioned from 1.5p to 10p per minute but this seems to say that fees can be added on so really no way of knowing how much it would have cost to call the hotline number as we dont know whether it was just so much per minute or whether any additional fees added on in order to make some additional revenue.

HOW MUCH DO 0845 NUMBERS COST TO RING

Posted in Articles by julian.saunders

Concerning 0845 numbers, the most common question is, how much does it cost to ring these numbers? There seems to be some confusion surrounding 0845 numbers and other NGNs, and many people assume that the charges are quite high. It doesn’t have to be that costly, however, and the costs are generally only high when the owner of the line chooses to assign the number additional charges.

So how much does it cost to ring 0845 numbers? Well, it depends on three factors: the owner of the number, the provider who sold the number and the provider that is facilitating the call. From the caller’s perspective, you cannot assume 0845 numbers carry a local charge. Most home service plans do include 0845s free now, but you cannot take this for granted. It is not uncommon for mobile carriers, for instance, to levy significant charges against numbers with 0845 prefixes.

Another main factor is the source or original provider of the number. By default, most providers do not want to assign additional fees to 0845 numbers. However, in order to make the cost of such a number more palatable to small businesses, the provider can assign a fee to the number in order to subsidize the line, which allows them to offer the line to the small business at a reduced rate.

The final factor is the owner of the 0845 numbers. The basic use of NGNs like the 0845s for a business is flexibility. They simply want to be able to invest in the number without risk, and they want to be able to offer a local call to clients and prospective clients. Some businesses, however, use a different model, and they actually earn their revenue through charges on the line. For example, some telephone-based IT services targeted at the home-user market charge for their help and advice by assigning the 0845 number a per-minute rate.

http://www.planet-numbers.co.uk/blog/how-much-does-it-cost-to-ring-0845-numbers/
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 5 Jan - 17:58

tigger, that is definitely not the photo I saw. I'm pretty sure it was taken in the McCanns lounge. or maybe dining room. Gerry is sitting on a chair and there are three boxes in front of him on the floor , one says Maddie another Nasty...can't remember the third. Anyway he is being filmed and mentions the Nasty ones being hurtful, but no mention of the fact that Maddie was written on the box, not Madeleine.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 5 Jan - 18:26

I know the one you mean Panda, Ive looked on Pamalam's site but cant see that
particular one on there.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 5 Jan - 21:39

cherry1 wrote:I know the one you mean Panda, Ive looked on Pamalam's site but cant see that
particular one on there.

Thanks, cherry 1.....glad I'm not the only one who saw it. The bit that got to me was. why keep the nasty ones? burn them as soon as read ... I would have.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pamalam Sun 6 Jan - 1:05

Day 105 - 16/08/2007 – Thursday

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/m/DAYS_101_to_200.htm#d105

As well as the huge number of messages of support we have had a large increase in letters of support. We did some photos of us opening the mail and we received some lovely messages and a few symbols of hope. Afterwards I made a lot of phone calls and managed to catch up with all my e-mails.

Late afternoon we were invited round to a friends house with a pool which the kids and I really enjoyed. We stayed for dinner and the kids fell asleep on the way back to our house. Our accommodation is a very modest family home and, most definitely, not a luxury villa, as was reported in one of the Portuguese newspapers yesterday.
I can confirm that it does not have a swimming pool, 2 storeys and in fact was amongst the cheapest accommodation available, at short notice, in Luz in August. I would also like to point out that Madeleines fund has not paid for any of our accommodation in Portugal.
Help wanted re early Madeleine website content  - Page 2 105new

I don’t have the one that includes the boxes. Just the ones below

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/m/GERRY_KATE_MCCANN.htm#16aug7

KATE & GERRY PHOTOGRAPHED OPENING MAIL 16-08-07

Help wanted re early Madeleine website content  - Page 2 GerryKate%20(4)

Help wanted re early Madeleine website content  - Page 2 GerryKate%20(5)
pamalam
pamalam
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 364
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-11

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Sun 6 Jan - 8:31

Panda wrote:
tigger wrote:I'm sure I've seen a request by the McCanns at an early date NOT to contact them, but to contact local police.

Can't remember if it was also in the blogs - I've gone through the early ones but can't see it.

Also looking for a photograph where the correspondence they got in PdL was sorted in cardboard boxes and one of them was labelled 'loopy' or something like that.
Struck me at the time that considering they'd already contacted psychics very early on, that labelling correspondence as loopy seemed curious. It would have to be very, very weird to compete with their own theories.

Iv'e seen that photo tigger. It was taken at the McCanns Home oi the early days and Gerry has 3 big cardboard boxes in front of him and he is sorting the fan mail into each box. One is labelled "Maddies", a direct contradiction to Kate saying she was never called Maddie, only Madeleine. One of the boxes contained hate mail which is why Gerry called it loopy I presume. I think that photo was taken at their home not PDL., They returned home in September 2007.
And that was a big fat lie and we know it.
"Extract's from Gerry's blogs

14 June 2007 - Kate and I picked up a friend [Jon Corner] from Faro airport who has been instrumental in helping with the campaign. He has been fantastic, producing the DVD of Madeleine to 'Don't you forget about me' which has been shown at many sporting events and concerts as well as producing the look for maddie logo and various posters. We spent most of the day updating each other and discussing future campaign ideas."

"Gerry on 'Friends Reunited'

Original entry:

Good to see so many familiar names and a few faces! Is anyone not doing well?

Finished medicine and working as a cardiology registrar in Leicestersince Jan 2000 (hopefully temporarily). Had a brilliant year in New Zealand 1995/96. Married to Kate (Healy, for those docs in Glasgow) and very happy although no kids-yet!

Don't get to Glasgow that often but have bumped into a few old friends around the southside where my mum still lives.

June 2003- Still in Leicester but now family of 3 after birth of Madeleine Beth on 12/05/03. Thankfully she takes after her mother although definitely has my lungs even without a dew drinks.

August 2004- Bones- glad i left after 5th year! Currently in Amsterdam learning some fancy heart scanning(MRI) but returning to UK in New Year when hopefully will become family of 5. Looking for a consultant job and shortlist is Glasgow, Liverpool, Leicester in fact pretty much anywhere north of Birmingham

April 2005- Back in Leicester and looking for a job. Now father of three with Sean and Amelie joing Maddie. Anyone fancy babysitting?"

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id1.html

Last edited by weissnicht on Sun 6 Jan - 9:31; edited 1 time in total
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 6 Jan - 8:45

Morning weissnicht......nope, that's still not the one.! The one I saw was definitely labelled "Maddie " and I don't think Kate was with him . These were photographed while they were still in PDL......did someone go over to Rothley to collect them all so the McCanns could be seen reading them , suntanned, smiling, no sign of grief or worry that after 3 months , still no news about Madeleine.

I think Jon Corner might have filmed this photo as part of his Video when he was in PDL in September.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Sun 6 Jan - 9:35

Panda wrote:Morning weissnicht......nope, that's still not the one.! The one I saw was definitely labelled "Maddie " and I don't think Kate was with him . These were photographed while they were still in PDL......did someone go over to Rothley to collect them all so the McCanns could be seen reading them , suntanned, smiling, no sign of grief or worry that after 3 months , still no news about Madeleine.

I think Jon Corner might have filmed this photo as part of his Video when he was in PDL in September.
Sorry for the confusion, I talked about this big fat McLie:

kate: "she was never called Maddie,"

gerry pre and after 3th of may: "Sean and Amelie joing Maddie" "maddie logo"

weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 6 Jan - 10:15

weissnicht wrote:
Panda wrote:Morning weissnicht......nope, that's still not the one.! The one I saw was definitely labelled "Maddie " and I don't think Kate was with him . These were photographed while they were still in PDL......did someone go over to Rothley to collect them all so the McCanns could be seen reading them , suntanned, smiling, no sign of grief or worry that after 3 months , still no news about Madeleine.

Sorry for the confusion, I talked about this big fat McLie:

kate: "she was never called Maddie,"

gerry pre and after 3th of may: "Sean and Amelie joing Maddie" "maddie logo"

O.K. Gotcha Help wanted re early Madeleine website content  - Page 2 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 8 Jan - 10:07

On the first site Kate McCann was not mentioned, gerry was, the grandparents were along with the aunts but NOT Kate McCann.

Also, the villa they stayed in cost £600 per week.......one off the relatives sorted this out, don't tell me the money didn't come from the fund to pay for this because it did....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 8 Jan - 10:41

weissnicht wrote:
April 2005- Back in Leicester and looking for a job. Now father of three with Sean and Amelie joing Maddie. Anyone fancy babysitting?"[/b]

That comment came back to bite him on his bum didn't it? Who knew they would be so flippant about the care of their children?
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Tue 8 Jan - 10:54

margaret wrote:
weissnicht wrote:
April 2005- Back in Leicester and looking for a job. Now father of three with Sean and Amelie joing Maddie. Anyone fancy babysitting?"[/b]

That comment came back to bite him on his bum didn't it? Who knew they would be so flippant about the care of their children?

...and calling her Maddie - it's well known she was ALWAYS called Madeleine - quite a few sightings were based on that statement.

Kate also complained about the press calling her Maddie - yet it's even in the first statements given to the police as I recall.
So why hang a name on the child that wasn't use and which she probably wouldn't respond to?
Why also stress the unique right eye with the thunderbolt coloboma, when it's retracted in May 2011 (Piers Morgan interview) but back in the SY age advanced photograph. This coloboma is like no other in the world, it moves position in the eye and comes and goes at the parents' whim.

The world was looking for:
A 3 yr old
90 cm tall
Coloboma
Blond
Only answers to'Madeleine'
Best image: poster girl at approx. 2.5 years old.

Instead of:
A 4 yr old (minus 9 days)
approx. 114 cm tall
Tiny fleck in eye could only be seen from very close by
Light brown hair/blonde highlights (e.g. certainly not as blond as one of the Everton shirt pictures)
Answers to 'Maddie.'
Best image: tennis girl at nearly 4 yrs. old.

Hmm, would pretty well guarantee she'd never be found? Since the girl from the description didn't exist.

tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 8 Jan - 13:28

In their home video, Amélie says quite clearly, "Maddie's shoes".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Tue 8 Jan - 14:55

Iris wrote:In their home video, Amélie says quite clearly, "Maddie's shoes".

FACT-They have lied

Why lie over something as trivial as a nickname

matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Tue 8 Jan - 15:15

tigger wrote:
margaret wrote:
weissnicht wrote:

...and calling her Maddie - it's well known she was ALWAYS called Madeleine - quite a few sightings were based on that statement.

Kate also complained about the press calling her Maddie - yet it's even in the first statements given to the police as I recall.
So why hang a name on the child that wasn't use and which she probably wouldn't respond to?
Why also stress the unique right eye with the thunderbolt coloboma, when it's retracted in May 2011 (Piers Morgan interview) but back in the SY age advanced photograph. This coloboma is like no other in the world, it moves position in the eye and comes and goes at the parents' whim.

A 3 yr old
90 cm tall
Coloboma
Blond

Instead of:
approx. 114 cm tall
Light brown hair/blonde highlights (e.g. certainly not as blond as one of the Everton shirt pictures)
Answers to 'Maddie.'

Hmm, would pretty well guarantee she'd never be found? Since the girl from the description didn't exist.

If the child that disappeared was indeed the one that caused the cadaver odour and it was her blood that the dogs alerted to in the apartment and the parents know this to be a fact - why would they bother with misleading descriptions and photographs if they knew she couldn't be found alive? Surely it wouldn't make the slightest difference whether the description was correct or not?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Tue 8 Jan - 16:35

T4two wrote:
tigger wrote:
margaret wrote:
weissnicht wrote:

A 3 yr old
90 cm tall
Coloboma
Blond

Instead of:
approx. 114 cm tall
Answers to 'Maddie.'

If the child that disappeared was indeed the one that caused the cadaver odour and it was her blood that the dogs alerted to in the apartment and the parents know this to be a fact - why would they bother with misleading descriptions and photographs if they knew she couldn't be found alive? Surely it wouldn't make the slightest difference whether the description was correct or not?
Because that was the description of the girl who was signed into the creche each day, maybe, and she was similar to the photographs of a younger Madeleine McCann, maybe. That is of course if you go with the early, very early demise of Madeleine McCann, before she ever went to the creche and was substituted with another child. This is a theory believed by some.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  ELI Tue 8 Jan - 21:02

Bobsy wrote:
T4two wrote:
tigger wrote:
margaret wrote:
weissnicht wrote:

A 3 yr old
90 cm tall
Coloboma
Blond

Instead of:
approx. 114 cm tall
Answers to 'Maddie.'

Because that was the description of the girl who was signed into the creche each day, maybe, and she was similar to the photographs of a younger Madeleine McCann, maybe. That is of course if you go with the early, very early demise of Madeleine McCann, before she ever went to the creche and was substituted with another child. This is a theory believed by some.

I wonder what the creche workers called her, Madeleine or maddie ?
ELI
ELI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 337
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Tue 8 Jan - 23:25

Creche workers seem to refer to her as Madeleine but in Charlotte Pennington interview it states

The informant adds that Madeleine was usually called "Maddie" given that it was under that name that Madeleine introduced herself to the informant, the shortened form of her first name.

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Wed 9 Jan - 0:36

Ocean Club nannies
'all the child-care workers, having contact with Madeleine, state that Madeleine introduced herself to them by her shortened name "Maddie".'
Excerpt summary of police interviews carried out from 05 May 2007 to 07 May 2007

Madeleine's Fund launched

By phone:
Text "MADDIE" to 60999 and £1 will be taken from your phone for the Madeleine Fund. (Standard network charges apply)

FindMadeleine.com, 16 May 2007

Trish Cameron (Gerry's sister)
"When Kate checked, she came out screaming. Maddy had gone. The door was open and the window in the bedroom and shutters were jemmied open."
Daily Mirror, 05 May 2007

John McCann (Gerry's brother)
"We are hoping this is going to be resolved very soon. We have got one objective - we want to get our darling wee Maddy back."
Daily Mirror, 10 May 2007

Susan Healy (Kate's mother)
"We want her back, we're not going to accept that Maddie's gone from our life altogether."
Antena3 interview, 22 October 2007

Jon Corner
"Kate phoned me in the early hours totally devastated.
"She just told me that Maddy had been abducted, that the shutters of the apartment had been forced and someone had taken her.
"Maddy was asleep in the room with Sean and Amelie and whoever has taken her has gone straight past the sleeping twins, left them completely alone and snatched Maddy."
Liverpool Daily Post, 06 May 2007

Mark McQueen (Sean's godfather)
"We know Maddie very well. She is an adorable, glorious and funny three-year-old."
Liverpool Confidential, 09 May 2007

Russell O'Brien (Tapas 7)
'Kate returned through the reception area standing at the end of the path near the stones, and yelled over towards our table in the Tapas bar I cannot recall exactly what she yelled but it was along the lines of Maddy is missing. We all got up immediately except Dianne who remained at the table.'
Excerpt from rogatory interview, 10 April 2010

'Maddy was abducted... '
'She (Jill Renwick) said Madeleine - known as Maddy - was "gorgeous, active and chatty and intelligent, not shy".
Daily Mail, 05 May 2007

Pat Perkins (close family friend)

'Whether you are in the UK, Portugal, Europe or beyond, please forward to all your family, friends,colleagues and business associates. Someone out there will have some information that will lead to Maddy's return.

The internet can be a powerful tool in finding Maddy, who is so loved and missed by us all.

Let's use it positively.

Please pray for Madeleine and all the family at this devastating time.

We need your help. We know you won't let Maddy down.'

extract from chain e-mail sent 07 May 2007

------

However

"Madeleine called herself 'Madeleine', and that was very much the name in the family as well, so that makes us wonder if this was indeed Madeleine," said Clarence Mitchell to the BBC in August 2008, in relation to another false 'sighting'.

Kate McCann
"My consolation is that on the cover he calls her Maddie, the name that the media have invented. We never called her anything like that." Help wanted re early Madeleine website content  - Page 2 23324
Expresso interview, Kate talks about 'The Truth of the Lie' by Gonçalo Amaral, published 06 September 2008
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Wed 9 Jan - 10:43

kitti wrote:On the first site Kate McCann was not mentioned, gerry was, the grandparents were along with the aunts but NOT Kate McCann.

Also, the villa they stayed in cost £600 per week.......one off the relatives sorted this out, don't tell me the money didn't come from the fund to pay for this because it did....

Actually I have once seen the total bill for the rent of the villa. I'm sure it came off the Fund (or perhaps the cash donations helped?) a bill of around 4/5000. I noticed it at the time because I'm also sure I once saw a statement that they were 'given' the villa free by 'friends'.
A lot of things were said to be 'free' - it's a very good ploy as it encourages others to give freely as well.

Kate not mentioned on the first site? Whose 'baby' was this?
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2