Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SY IN OPORTO

+22
hobnob
matthew
Chris
margaret
cass
T4two
dazedandconfused
Karen
almostgothic
interested
Lillyofthevalley
jd16
MaryB
fred
marxman
tanszi
Lioned
Bobsy
cherry1
devonmum
SteveT
Carolina
26 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

SY IN OPORTO - Page 4 Empty Re: SY IN OPORTO

Post  Guest Tue 22 Jan - 17:00

It's a cooperative exercise - the Portuguese are very much "in the loop" already.

Don't hold out much hope for the established protocols and methodologies to be thrown out of the window and any detailed report being published in the public domain for 30 years (or more): An overview is all we'll get, unless there's a Criminal Trial at some point.

Cameron doesn't determine the outcome of such Reviews, but merely oils the wheels to set them going. It won't make any appreciable difference to his electability when set against all the other factors people will (or should) take into account at Elections.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Tue 22 Jan - 17:06

The End Is Nigh wrote:It's a cooperative exercise - the Portuguese are very much "in the loop" already.

Don't hold out much hope for the established protocols and methodologies to be thrown out of the window and any detailed report being published in the public domain for 30 years (or more): An overview is all we'll get, unless there's a Criminal Trial at some point.

Cameron doesn't determine the outcome of such Reviews, but merely oils the wheels to set them going. It won't make any appreciable difference to his electability when set against all the other factors people will (or should) take into account at Elections.

I imagine it's only us "internet nutters" who have any interest in the Review and if no outcome is aired, it will largely go unnoticed by the general public and wouldn't have any impact whatsoever on opinions on Cameron.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
SY IN OPORTO - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100SY IN OPORTO - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 22 Jan - 17:13

dazedandconfused wrote:

I imagine it's only us "internet nutters" who have any interest in the Review and if no outcome is aired, it will largely go unnoticed by the general public and wouldn't have any impact whatsoever on opinions on Cameron.

Yes indeed.

And in any event, there are bound to be a great many minor issues which would be seized upon and blown out of all proportion by either parts of the Media or nutters of one sort or another, creating a furore and debate and potentially harming relationships between nations.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 22 Jan - 17:35

I think there are many people who will want to know the SY findings......when the Country is in dire straits there will be those who will question Cameron's decision to spend £3 million , not least Labour MP's !!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
SY IN OPORTO - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100SY IN OPORTO - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 22 Jan - 17:43

I can't imagine that a Labour Government/Prime Minister would have done any different - So carping about the cost would just be the usual kindergarten bickering that seems to keep them happy!

I most certainly don't think this is a Cameron vanity project and absolutely don't believe it arose solely from the request by Healy & McCann (Though the latter may have been fortuitous) but was formulated as a considered and necessary response to intelligence and advice from robust sources.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 22 Jan - 18:11

The End Is Nigh wrote:I can't imagine that a Labour Government/Prime Minister would have done any different - So carping about the cost would just be the usual kindergarten bickering that seems to keep them happy!

I most certainly don't think this is a Cameron vanity project and absolutely don't believe it arose solely from the request by Healy & McCann (Though the latter may have been fortuitous) but was formulated as a considered and necessary response to intelligence and advice from robust sources.

It was the open letter to Cameron from the McCanns , published in The Sun by his friend Rebekah what dunnitt....especially the tasteless reminder about the death of his own Son. He overrode his Home Secretary's thought of doing a scope and used Home Office money to finance the Review.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 22 Jan - 18:38

The End Is Nigh wrote:I can't imagine that a Labour Government/Prime Minister would have done any different - So carping about the cost would just be the usual kindergarten bickering that seems to keep them happy!

Agreed.
A scoping exercise had already been instigated and completed (Alan Johnson, 2010).
That probably told them most of what they needed to know.
Which is why the McCanns were desperate to see the outcome of it.
And I think it was all quietly building up from there.
The McCanns and the Scum like to take credit for everything, but ......
Nah. Just worthless, fluffy words, I reckon.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 22 Jan - 18:48

Panda wrote:

It was the open letter to Cameron from the McCanns , published in The Sun by his friend Rebekah what dunnitt....especially the tasteless reminder about the death of his own Son. He overrode his Home Secretary's thought of doing a scope and used Home Office money to finance the Review.

That's certainly what some people think - and it's probably convenient to continue to do so.

Doesn't make it the whole story, though. Or even an important part of it. Good PR fodder.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 22 Jan - 18:49

almostgothic wrote:
Agreed.
A scoping exercise had already been instigated and completed (Alan Johnson, 2010).
That probably told them most of what they needed to know.
Which is why the McCanns were desperate to see the outcome of it.
And I think it was all quietly building up from there.
The McCanns and the Scum like to take credit for everything, but ......
Nah. Just worthless, fluffy words, I reckon.

Exactly.

There are Carts in front of Horses and there are Horses in front of Carts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Wed 23 Jan - 8:04

sorry cannot do links -- but on a fb page theres a bit from the sun today -- link for this on justice4maddie fb page
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed 23 Jan - 8:20

Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Wed 23 Jan - 8:29

thanks karen -- yes -- theres more vanished --or missing to papers headlines at min -- not seen abducted in a while SY IN OPORTO - Page 4 23324
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 23 Jan - 9:21

The Article isn't really telling us anything new...but these are the two comments so far:-

bex1980 0 likes

I know someone who has worked at this hotel and they told.me the babysitting is someone will go to the door of the apartment and listen at the door every 15-30 minutes. what the Mccans did was better than the service provided. not that it is something I'd do I like my kids round me and I don't mind them stopping up late on holiday. I can't understand why people would think they had something to do with it. I actually feel bad for them. a poor judgement choice has led to this awful event. I pray that this case can be solved do they can piece their lives back together

shareflag

• spam
  • offensive
  • disagree
  • off topic

New commentMark as read
SY IN OPORTO - Page 4 50

den89 0 likes

an another policeman holiday just wasting more cash ,let the local police should check it out , is Interpol still operating well use them

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4758570/Missing-Madeleine-McCann-cops-fly-out-to-Portugal-for-fourth-time-in-recent-months.html#ixzz2ImxcP7mr
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Wed 23 Jan - 10:17

Karen wrote:Here's the link

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4758570/Missing-Madeleine-McCann-cops-fly-out-to-Portugal-for-fourth-time-in-recent-months.html

Notice how the article states VANISHED and not ABDUCTED - this is a first SY IN OPORTO - Page 4 25346

They may have dropped the word "abducted" but still geared towards leading us to believe she's out there somewhere and police are working very hard towards finding her.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Wed 23 Jan - 10:33

The remit for the investigative review stated clearly that there would be no report published. As a rule the police do not publish reports of their activities/findings - it would only help the perpetrators/suspects. Why would this case be any different?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 23 Jan - 10:33

Well there seem to be a lot more comments now. And most of them are negative. That has to be some sort of first for the Soaraway Stun.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Wed 23 Jan - 18:56

Panda wrote:
Lillyofthevalley wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:I feel that the SY verdict was written in stone from the outset

I don't. Never have done.

I appreciate much has gone on in recent times to engender a sense of mistrust and pessimism about the efficacy and perhaps the loyalty of our beloved Police, but by far and away the vast majority of our Protectors are honest as the day is long, and damned professional.

But, as you say, we shall see. 'twas ever thus!

I agree TeiN if it the verdict was set in stone from the start then the Review would have never taken place, it wouldn't have been needed would it, think about it logically.

Hi LOTV the verdict was open which is why the Review was commissioned to check that the PJ had not overlooked any vital evidence as Kate believed. I don't think SY found any overlooked evidence and Cameron is going to come out of this with egg on his face and even less chance of being re-elected. I just hope the Press insists on the Report being published. If he doesn't, I'm sure the Portugese Press will have something to say, how would you like it if a brigade of Detectives came to your Country to check on your Police handling of a case.???

That is an inaccurate interpretation of the investigative review.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 24 Jan - 9:23

Sorry loopdeloop, Madeleine had been missing for over 4 years without a review being suggested. It was only the McCanns , with the help of Rebekah Brooks , who forced Cameron to agree.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 24 Jan - 9:41

re the review i think there was a lot of pressure on dc to start one -- there was the mcanns bleating on in the sun -- portugal must have known what the mcanns were at then -- they sat watched and didnt bait to all the name calling -- when the review was announced --i really thought it was a case of shut up mcanns once and for all -- also by the uk goverment working on this review there was no need for the mcanns to say nobody cares nobody is looking -- we have nearly run out of money --and imo this was a way to stop it all -- the fund being one of the facts --- so what now ?WHY should portugal reopen the case -- even if the uk was paying for it ? they have been called names had the most awful press about them -- that isnt the way you conduct yourself when dealing with a police force trying to find out what has happened to your daughter -- the mcanns should have tried to get things on good terms with portugal -- so why again should they reopen the case --unless there is something big to work on it would be a no no -- if i was portugal -- i would was reasurances that the mcanns and their friends -- would be prepared to all be interviewed again start from the beginning -- anything less than that and it would be no way --
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 24 Jan - 10:36

cass wrote:WHY should portugal reopen the case -- even if the uk was paying for it ? they have been called names had the most awful press about them

An excellent reason to prove to the world that indeed they were right all along!

I'm not sure the Portuguese really care for bad press, they are the police, they work for justice.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 24 Jan - 16:33

I think 35 SY Detectives researching for over a Year with nothing to report has vindicated the Portugese Police and the McCanns know this which is why they don't want to set foot on Portugese soil again.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 24 Jan - 17:00

Panda wrote:I think 35 SY Detectives researching for over a Year with nothing to report has vindicated the Portugese Police and the McCanns know this which is why they don't want to set foot on Portugese soil again.

Its only a few months short of two years.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Thu 24 Jan - 17:02

SY had to be seen to be fair,they would be quite aware of a future defence claims of following the pj blindly...they have looked into the abduction angle...obviously no evidence?

Looked into the psychics ,metodo3,halligen,dumb & dumber etc...nothing

Then free to follow the files & we know where this will take them...tower du Rothley
3.5million of taxpayers money says the McCanns & Co do exactly as they are told regarding a return to Portugal
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 Jan - 17:14

Panda wrote:I think 35 SY Detectives researching for over a Year with nothing to report has vindicated the Portugese Police and the McCanns know this which is why they don't want to set foot on Portugese soil again.

Evening, Panda

How do you know this? They are in regular contact with the Portuguese and I can't imagine any reason why SY might feel it necessary (or even appropriate) to keep the public informed.

Not only is that contrary to convention and protocol, but could well be highly prejudicial. It was also clearly stated at the inception that the report would not be published.

So it's quite impossible for us here to know what the status of the Review is.

But I certainly agree that the PJ were always correct in their conclusions - and Healy & McCann know that, too.

PS: Should I change my User Name to "The End Is Neigh" (qv latest Avatar)???
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  hobnob Thu 24 Jan - 19:27

How can you claim Goncalo Amaral is hindering the investigation by writing a book based on the facts and conclusions of his own investigations and the publicly available police files when kate herself admitted she knew she was hindering the investigation by not answering the 48 previous questions.

This is the huge nellifant in the room that no matter how they spin it cannot be ignored and should it have gotten into a court would have resulted in the case being tossed in Amaral's favor , them being labelled vexatious litigants and huge whoppers of bills for costs damages as well as a massive blow to their public reputation.
hobnob
hobnob
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 431
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next