Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the big lawyers --the mcanns have

+5
fred
matthew
devonmum
chrissie
nospinnaker
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

the big lawyers --the mcanns have  Empty the big lawyers --the mcanns have

Post  cass Fri 1 Feb - 8:28

are they sending out a message to the world -- we have these big hot shot lawyers -- anything other than abduction being talked about and we are after you ?

for me it is showing the public that they what they are -- 2 drs that left 3 children alone on holiday to have their me time and came back with only 2 --set up a fund to find her and now can afford the best lawyers money can buy -- not their money -- whos footing this bill ?we are in hard times and this is a smack in the face for anyone that is skint
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
the big lawyers --the mcanns have  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100the big lawyers --the mcanns have  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

the big lawyers --the mcanns have  Empty Re: the big lawyers --the mcanns have

Post  nospinnaker Fri 1 Feb - 8:35

I certainly doesn't give the impression that they need your donations. The appearance of power and wealth doesn't sit happily with the begging bowl, the show of power doesn't gel with the image of damaged parents grieving for their stolen child.

I have pondered the Team McCann tactics from time to time, and my overwhelming impression is that they haven't actually been in charge for some time. This is Carter Ruck's gig, not theirs.

How on earth can this fiasco do anything other than destroy their revenue stream from donations? Perhaps they're confident they can make up the shortfall in the libel courts of London and Lisbon.

Whichever way things go next week I can't see that the McCanns will benefit, nor can I see how any searching can increase.
nospinnaker
nospinnaker
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :
the big lawyers --the mcanns have  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100the big lawyers --the mcanns have  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 1 Feb - 9:03

they want to destory tony --there would be no need to have such a big line of hot shot lawyers for this -- thing is it is all about damage limitation they have to be seen as doing this for their family -- what their family think is important to them at all costs - the phone calls at stupid oclock to them it has to be abduction -- not missing -- i think the uk public will see them for what they are -- if it ever went to press some newspaper needs to print costing of this case and the list of hot shot lawyers
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 1 Feb - 9:24

It's a big PR disaster either way for the McCanns.
But that's of no concern to the lawyers. They're not even concerned about the way they themselves look to a wider society.

Example - TB getting updates on the extortionate costs and fees - it must be akin to having a monstrous taxi cab meter shoved at intervals through your letterbox. And it's the kind of money that they know full well that the average guy couldn't afford, so what's the point, apart from intimidation?
It's like observing the tactics of a bunch of East End gangsters.

The law was always an ass.
But of late it strikes me that it has become such a low-rent, vulgar ass.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 1 Feb - 9:47

its disgusting -i hope sy are looking at all this -- i mean if and i say if tony does go to jail -- it will be the uk tax payer footing this to keep a man in jail - it is sending a message out that if you repeate anything that is in the files you will pay -- would the take on sy -- or the pj think not -- all this needs stopping the power and clout the mcanns have -- i hope portugal are seing all this too -- i think a suspended sentance might be given -- hope not but thats what i think
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  devonmum Fri 1 Feb - 10:00

The more i think about this,( and being laid up at the moment i have had plenty of time to think.)

There must be a reason for the late filing of accounts, the suspending of GA'S case and asking to negotiate, the bringing in Adrienne Page, sending more papers to Tony just before the hearing and then sending the huge statement of costs, all within a couple of weeks.

It cannot be anything else but fear, they are scared of something, i don't know what or when but something has spooked them.

If the case against Tony was black and white, a slam dunk, why bring in a QC? They already had a barrister acting for them, why the big guns for a foregone conclusion?

devonmum
devonmum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 185
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 1 Feb - 10:07

nospinnaker wrote:I certainly doesn't give the impression that they need your donations. The appearance of power and wealth doesn't sit happily with the begging bowl, the show of power doesn't gel with the image of damaged parents grieving for their stolen child.

I have pondered the Team McCann tactics from time to time, and my overwhelming impression is that they haven't actually been in charge for some time. This is Carter Ruck's gig, not theirs.

How on earth can this fiasco do anything other than destroy their revenue stream from donations? Perhaps they're confident they can make up the shortfall in the libel courts of London and Lisbon.

Whichever way things go next week I can't see that the McCanns will benefit, nor can I see how any searching can increase.

It's only going to be CR's gig as long as they are getting paid. Believe me, when the money dries up, they'll vanish like a snowball in hell. Which begs the question - who is footing the bill?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 1 Feb - 10:11

the person footing the bill must be someone that is loaded -- celeb maybe there was talk of it in the early days -- oh t10
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 1 Feb - 10:29

Good question, Iris.
Take your average, sincere, full-on philanthropists - they know a genuine cause when they see one.
This isn't their kinda gig.

Has to be an element of self-interest here, and by that I don't mean self-promotion.
I think it gets much murkier than that, but in what way?
Self-interest usually revolves around power, sex and money.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 1 Feb - 10:38

tony has posted a message -- can someone copy it please -- im uselss --thanks
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 1 Feb - 10:55

cass wrote:tony has posted a message -- can someone copy it please -- im uselss --thanks

You mean the one about the Carter Ruck/court fees?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 1 Feb - 11:05

its a thread from tony -message to members of missing madeleine
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 1 Feb - 11:08

To members of the Missing Madeleine forum,

A quick note to those of you who've been kind enough to show messages of public support for me on your site.

I usually check in to MM at least once a day and still find it useful for info; every bit of info is like another piece of the jigsaw puzzle, which I say with feeling as I've been relaxing by doing my first-ever 1,000-piece jigsaw the past 4 weeks. A difficult one. Ironically it was a picture of 5 dogs!

At this moment in time I truly wish that someone else was first in the line of fire; at the moment I am wounded by Carter-Ruck's firepower plus two basristers, but still alive and fighting.

I hope that I can at least give a good account of our viewpoint at the trial; good wishes to you all (someone please cross-post to MM for me).

Tony
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Fri 1 Feb - 16:03

its scare mongering to show him what they believe he willhave to pay. if they were that certain of a win,they wouldnt need the additional QC. another way of saying to the present council theyre not up to the job! imo.

i really hope they can all sleep at night, or maybe this is why this is happening. they cant sleep at night because Tony is just one of many who have seen the case unfold, read the PJ files and are not happy with what they see and read. jimo
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  devonmum Fri 1 Feb - 16:26

Yep they re trying every trick in the book to scare Tony, but he has stood fast against it all.

Could this new QC be there to stop the chance of the Judge ordering it to go to libel trial? They have tried to avoid that all along, i can see no other reason for her to be engaged, and that is the only sense i can make of their latest letter to Tony.
devonmum
devonmum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 1 Feb - 16:35

Yes, Devonmum. perhaps they are getting desperate, they didn't think that Tony would go to the end, just like they didn't think Amaral would, perhaps it is their last shot, apart from Tony backing down there isn't much left is there?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  devonmum Fri 1 Feb - 16:42

Yes Fred it would be very interesting if Amaral and the other defendants refused to settle and the libel case went ahead in Portugal, while the judge decides in Tonys case to order a full libel trial.

What on earth would they do? They are desperate not to set foot in court
devonmum
devonmum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 1 Feb - 16:56

That is what i hope will happen, that there will be trials, and Joe Public can see, along with fair reporting, just how vindictive and malicious the Mccanns really are.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  devonmum Fri 1 Feb - 17:02

I don't believe GA will settle, i think he wants his day in court, he has nothing left to lose.

As for Tony i can only applaud him sticking it out.

One day, hopefully soon, people will see what these parents are really like.
devonmum
devonmum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 1 Feb - 17:11

No, Amaral won't settle out of court for sure. The McCanns didn't think Tony would go the whole hog, and I applaud him for doing so, I hope he wins and I hope that a huge amount of negative publicity goes to the mccanns,they have had their way for so long now, it is time the tide turned against them!
A whole lot of new people are joing the 'anti' groups on Facebook and having their eyes opened big time.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Fri 1 Feb - 17:13

The bigger they are...the harder they fall the big lawyers --the mcanns have  25346
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 1 Feb - 17:13

The problem Fred is with those two words "fair reporting". In view of the media's behaviour so far, is that likely to happen?

In the event of a worst case scenario for Tony, it's possible that Antonella Lazzeri will sharpen her crayons and come up with something along the lines of "Justice catches up with vile troll at last" but, then again, there could be nothing to avoid giving people the chance to make their own enquiries into what's been going on.

If there is some other more favourable outcome for him, I just can't see the story being reported at all by anyone.

All we can do is to wait and see exactly what happens next week.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 1 Feb - 17:25

Well up to now there has been NO fair reporting, but we can live in hope.[u] I don't expect papers like the Sun, to change their ways, but surely at least the more serious part of the media might report what truly happened, and not biased bullshit, like it has been for 5 years. Hmm, well maybe not, thinking about it. At least on FB, twitter etc. some people will see the truth!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 1 Feb - 18:25

i dont think it is going to look good if a oap --sorry but he is -- will be sent to prison --the uk tax payer will have to pay for this -- not only this theres still the review ongoing -- i think they will pass a suspended prison sentance and they will have some sort of gagging order saying no more bla bla
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 1 Feb - 18:49

I don't think he'll even get a Suspended Sentence: Absolute Discharge (which is still "Guilty" or Conditional Discharge).

Imprisonment is highly unlikely and always has been. Too much scaremongering. Imprisonment is the Maximum Tariff, not the norm.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next