Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

twitter -- and news from court

+23
almostgothic
malena stool
Angelina
Lillyofthevalley
wjk
kitti
susible
Chris
jeanmonroe
AnnaEsse
interested
pennylane
margaret
dutchclogs
chrissie
welshy
T4two
devonmum
mossman
maebee
jd16
MaryB
Karen
27 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

twitter -- and news from court  - Page 6 Empty Re: twitter -- and news from court

Post  Panda Wed 6 Feb - 22:23

The End Is Nigh wrote:Potentially libellous .............. the distinction is crucial.
I can't remember what Tony said to be honest but he did rather put himself about , going to Rothley and distributing leaflets, holding public meetings, sending his Booklet to every MP and at the end of the day, what do any of us really know what happened to Madeleine???
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
twitter -- and news from court  - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100twitter -- and news from court  - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

twitter -- and news from court  - Page 6 Empty Re: twitter -- and news from court

Post  Guest Wed 6 Feb - 22:27

Not as much as Healy & McCann (et al), but enough to know that the hypothesis of Abduction is deeply flawed and self-serving, as recognised and publicised by the original Investigating Authority.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 6 Feb - 22:28

Re collateral damage:
Sometimes they make me think of The Third Man - the scene where Harry Lime is on the Ferris wheel:

Martins: Have you ever seen any of your victims?

Harry Lime: You know, I never feel comfortable on these sort of things. Victims? Don't be melodramatic. Look down there. Tell me. Would you really feel any pity if one of those dots stopped moving forever? If I offered you twenty thousand pounds for every dot that stopped, would you really, old man, tell me to keep my money, or would you calculate how many dots you could afford to spare? Free of income tax, old man. Free of income tax - the only way you can save money nowadays.

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
twitter -- and news from court  - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100twitter -- and news from court  - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 6 Feb - 22:32

And we all know that Harry met his end as a Sewer Rat.

Nuff said!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 6 Feb - 22:40

if I had his energy and legal knowledge i think i would be doing something similar. not idle words i have fought my own battles for justice and succeeded as i am sure many have against the odds. i cannot bear to see or hear of abuse of power, albeit that some is garnered through association, or bought and used by others. jimo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Wed 6 Feb - 22:53

regarding the mcanns now saying they do not want tony to go to jail -- i think someone has told them that if you do send tony to jail this is gong to get bigger than you can ever believe possible -- i dont think they thought that all the internet would have so much interest -- tweeters fb pages and so on -- i dont think tony will go to jail -- but how can they be so sure of this -- they cannot -- tony already has gone through so much stress and they must know the impact on his health now -- could you amagine the uproar if something happened to tony and he was admitted to hospital -- dont tell me that they havent noticed the public support for a oap -- nah its damage limitation -- also the fact that they havent even attended the trial will be enough damage - all the money spent --- but most of all if it ever went to trial in future how would all this look then -- and not to mention their tapas friends too needing immodium -- it isnt just about gerry and kate its about all of them tapas included
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 6 Feb - 23:15

Depending on this outcome will be the action the McCanns take with regard to Amaral , this NZ sighting is very important as well. If Tony is treated leniently by the Judge the McCanns will lose not only a lot of money, but face with the public.
Amaral's defence is much stronger and the claims by the McCanns ridiculous so they will want a Settlement and I hope Amaral asks them for E1.2 million and a public apology, his Legal fees to be paid by them and recompense for him and his Book publisher for loss of income because the books were not returned for a long time when the injunction was lifted.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 7 Feb - 1:38

Im quite sure this missive from the QC was in response to the support for Tony. i dont think it was given in an opening statement to the court, or was it after realisation that many people held similar opinions tothat held by Tony. seems there was reference to Goncalo Amaral as well, however irrelevant that situation was to Tonys it was still mentioned in court, as were some other points of interest as i understand it. i think that sent tremors and the result is todays speech by the qc also Gs speech at Levenson was a bit of a shot in the foot. jimo
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Thu 7 Feb - 8:48

Panda wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:Potentially libellous .............. the distinction is crucial.
I can't remember what Tony said to be honest but he did rather put himself about , going to Rothley and distributing leaflets, holding public meetings, sending his Booklet to every MP and at the end of the day, what do any of us really know what happened to Madeleine???

We pretty well know what DIDN'T happen to Maddie and take it from there. Deductive reasoning.

tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 7 Feb - 9:55

tigger wrote:
Panda wrote:

We pretty well know what DIDN'T happen to Maddie and take it from there. Deductive reasoning.

Morning tigger, yes, we do know quite a bit, not first hand information I might add, and the probability of Madeleine being abducted is very low. We all abhor the way Madeleine's Parents have misused the Fund and hope that justice will be done and charges will be made . However, unless there is a dramatic turn of events , this will not happen , I predict the Fund will be wound down because the McCanns now know they have exhausted public sympathy and they can't any more keep producing these "sightings" of Madeleine.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6