Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Somebody had better explain this!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Somebody had better explain this!

Post  Guest on Fri 8 Feb - 18:09

Yes, I recall the Paediatrician episode vividly.

The ill-informed vigilante approach seems have been a fore-runner for the ignorant and threatening behaviour of a hard-core of Child Neglect Supporters, somewhat ironically.

Back to top Go down

Post  interested on Fri 8 Feb - 18:54

ProfessorPlum wrote:Bennetts name wasn't under the photo though so who, apart from people like us, would know who he was?

I saw both articles on the Daily Star website when they first appeared. I recognized the photo of Mr. Bennett over the caption of his name. My attention was drawn to the same picture of him over the caption of "Cyril Smith" in the second article.

I live in Canada and have no idea who Cyril Smith is/was and so would have no idea what he looks/looked like. I knew right away the picture with this article was not Mr. Bennett, having become familiar with his features shown in the press in connection with his devotion to obtaining justice for Madeleine.

I was alarmed enough to post my concern Wednesday evening (EDT) (see the third post on this thread) and approximately three hours later was relieved to read on mccannfiles.com that both articles had been captured as well.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2428
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  interested on Fri 8 Feb - 18:56

OOPS - I meant to say that I recognized the second picture WAS Mr. Bennett - not Cyril Smith.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Fri 8 Feb - 19:01

I don't mean to put anyone off their supper (or lunch in your case, Interested) but here's a picture of Cyril Smith.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/11/29/paedophiles-cyril-smith-jimmy-savile-friends-_n_2210121.html

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6697
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri 8 Feb - 19:08

interested wrote:
ProfessorPlum wrote:Bennetts name wasn't under the photo though so who, apart from people like us, would know who he was?

I saw both articles on the Daily Star website when they first appeared. I recognized the photo of Mr. Bennett over the caption of his name. My attention was drawn to the same picture of him over the caption of "Cyril Smith" in the second article.

I live in Canada and have no idea who Cyril Smith is/was and so would have no idea what he looks/looked like. I knew right away the picture with this article was not Mr. Bennett, having become familiar with his features shown in the press in connection with his devotion to obtaining justice for Madeleine.

I was alarmed enough to post my concern Wednesday evening (EDT) (see the third post on this thread) and approximately three hours later was relieved to read on mccannfiles.com that both articles had been captured as well.

It's perfectly reasonable for a person in Canada to not be able to recognise Cyril Smith. Hell, the only Canadian politicians that I would probably recognise would be Pierre and Margaret Trudeau (and that's only because she famously fluffed the words of the Canadian national anthem!) However I can't believe that anybody at the Star would fail to recognise him, they are, after all, supposed to be journalists and news correspondents.

Back to top Go down

Post  interested on Fri 8 Feb - 19:16

interested wrote:OOPS - I meant to say that I recognized the second picture WAS Mr. Bennett - not Cyril Smith.

I should also have mentioned that the only reason my attention was drawn to the second article was that it showed the picture of Mr. Bennett otherwise I would not even have glanced at it (very important though as it is).

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 19:15

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down