Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blacksmith- A worthless Weapon

+7
matthew
almostgothic
tigger
cherry1
Panda
marxman
frencheuropean
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Blacksmith- A worthless Weapon - Page 2 Empty Re: Blacksmith- A worthless Weapon

Post  Guest Sun 10 Feb - 11:26

AnnaEsse wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:I think we established yesterday, in the "I've been kicked off CMOMM" Thread, that the two are not the same.

Suggestions but how can it be established?

Denial (!) and style.

But I'd agree there is no certainty Blacksmith- A worthless Weapon - Page 2 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Blacksmith- A worthless Weapon - Page 2 Empty Re: Blacksmith- A worthless Weapon

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 10 Feb - 11:35

The End Is Nigh wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:I think we established yesterday, in the "I've been kicked off CMOMM" Thread, that the two are not the same.

Suggestions but how can it be established?

Denial (!) and style.

But I'd agree there is no certainty Blacksmith- A worthless Weapon - Page 2 25346

Absolutely not. As someone else said, no certainty on the internet. For example, I can check IP addresses, but some people are clever at finding ways for their IP not to look like a proxy address, which we do not allow and I can't tell if a new member has been here before and been banned.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Blacksmith- A worthless Weapon - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Blacksmith- A worthless Weapon - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 Feb - 11:42

There are better Tools, Anna: My own Forum has extensive Alter-Ego detection features and they are fairly (but nowhere near entirely) effective.

That's for vBulletin and IP.Board platforms, but I've no idea if Forumotion Boards have add-ons to improve detection rates.

To be honest, Spam is more of a problem than Multiple User Names! You should see some of the disgusting stuff that doesn't make it into public view.

However, posting style is often a very useful comparative as it is incredibly difficult to sustain an "unnatural" style for long. Maybe long enough to do damage, though.

(Apologies for drifting off-topic)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 10 Feb - 12:40

The End Is Nigh wrote:There are better Tools, Anna: My own Forum has extensive Alter-Ego detection features and they are fairly (but nowhere near entirely) effective.

That's for vBulletin and IP.Board platforms, but I've no idea if Forumotion Boards have add-ons to improve detection rates.

To be honest, Spam is more of a problem than Multiple User Names! You should see some of the disgusting stuff that doesn't make it into public view.

However, posting style is often a very useful comparative as it is incredibly difficult to sustain an "unnatural" style for long. Maybe long enough to do damage, though.

(Apologies for drifting off-topic)

Thanks for the info. I do have my own ways and means! And yes, posting style is one thing I am always on the look-out for.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Blacksmith- A worthless Weapon - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Blacksmith- A worthless Weapon - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 Feb - 13:16

Get a grip, people. C Edwards isn't even here right now, but it's managed to derail yet another thread. Think about it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2