Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to next

5 posters

Go down

Where to next Empty Where to next

Post  MaryB Wed 13 Feb - 21:50

At least something is happening now. I am watching with interest to see what the judge says in last weeks case. The review seems to not have come up with very much considering the millions of public money spent on it. But that isn't really much of a surprise. And the other case with Mr Amaral that has been postponed for six months. So three different things to await the outcome of. It just goes on and on and on and no nearer to finding out what happened to Madeleine. But the abductor hasn't struck again which is a good thing.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
Where to next Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Where to next Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Where to next Empty Re: Where to next

Post  nospinnaker Wed 13 Feb - 22:03

And, of course, the subplot, where Gerry the new Hackgate Poster Boy irritates the pants of most of the press. I have to admit a certain fascination with that one. The Fourth Estate collectively know what's what in the world, they certainly know - collectively again - more about the McCanns than they have wished thus far to use, and they certainly don't want legally enforceable regulation.

They have supped with this devil, and they have supped with a long spoon, too. So far Gerry must think it's all rosy in the garden huddled up with them.

But isn't it just possible that he'll overdo it? Isn't it possible that there may come a tipping point where they all begin to think the wheels have come off the 'legend of the victim doctors' and they each won't want to be the only paper or magazine or whatever that's still singing yesterday's tune?

Then we'll see some fireworks, methinks.
nospinnaker
nospinnaker
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 13 Feb - 22:17

MaryB wrote:At least something is happening now. I am watching with interest to see what the judge says in last weeks case. The review seems to not have come up with very much considering the millions of public money spent on it. But that isn't really much of a surprise. And the other case with Mr Amaral that has been postponed for six months. So three different things to await the outcome of. It just goes on and on and on and no nearer to finding out what happened to Madeleine. But the abductor hasn't struck again which is a good thing.

Well, the Review isn't at an end and we will not be told it's outcome in detail, so I'm not sure how we can say it hasn't come up with much. The liaison with Lisbon is what really matters and crucially if the Portuguese Judiciary can be persuaded to take further steps. I really can't see us being kept informed.

As` for Amaral, the postponement is for a maximum of six months and is expected to be less, but equally it can be extended, so little can be read into that, either.

And there was no Abductor .................. !! Where to next 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Wed 13 Feb - 22:20

if i was the press now i would give them something to really get them HACKED off at -- go for the weakest link -- one of the tapas see what happens then -- because with all gerrys bravado they must be thinking shut the man up
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 13 Feb - 22:32

cass wrote:if i was the press now i would give them something to really get them HACKED off at -- go for the weakest link -- one of the tapas see what happens then -- because with all gerrys bravado they must be thinking shut the man up

I don't - absolutely don't - want the Press to do anything to prejudice a fair Trial.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Wed 13 Feb - 22:44

teis -- i agree in what you are saying -- but tbh i think that is the only way it will go to trial if the tapas friends are going to talk -- as much as i would love this to move on to a court case i dont think it will
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Thu 14 Feb - 0:40

http://www.portugaldailyview.com/whats-new/maddie-portuguese-and-british-police-reassessing-abduction-case

Reported March last year...is there any evidence in the files of abduction? NO

In partnership with Britain’s Metropolitan Police Service (Scotland Yard), the Portuguese crime investigation police – Polícia Judiciária (PJ) – has been asked to review the case which was shelved in 2008 by the Portuguese Attorney General. A new team of PJ investigators has been appointed to sift through the evidence and eventually proceed with the reconstitution of the events in the run-up to Maddie’s disappearance, according to Friday’s edition of the Portuguese daily newspaper Jornal de Notícias.

Is Gerry feeling the heat lately?he's acting like a cornered rat.
Great comment on twitter this week ...My old man used to say,never trust anyone with a head you could stand your pint on.....he was so right Where to next 294124

Last edited by matthew on Thu 14 Feb - 0:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Thu 14 Feb - 4:30

MaryB wrote:At least something is happening now. I am watching with interest to see what the judge says in last weeks case. The review seems to not have come up with very much considering the millions of public money spent on it. But that isn't really much of a surprise. And the other case with Mr Amaral that has been postponed for six months. So three different things to await the outcome of. It just goes on and on and on and no nearer to finding out what happened to Madeleine. But the abductor hasn't struck again which is a good thing.
Abductor? Where to next 310216
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content