Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

out come on thursday

+6
mossman
cass
MaryB
margaret
chrissie
xtina
10 posters

Go down

out come on thursday  Empty out come on thursday

Post  cass Mon 18 Feb - 10:34

re tony going up against the mcanns on thursday -- i really hope that the judge sees the mcanns for what they are -- i wish tony all the luck in the world a true gentleman -- one day i hope they find out what really went on the 3rd of may 2007 - i have been around forums since 2007 we have all had out ups and downs -- but if the judge goes against tony what justice is madeleine ever going to get none imo -- very sad indeed that a little girl came go on holiday never to return and because we ask questions we are classed as internet nutters -- i have been proud of being a internet nutter because i dont think all that went on 3rd of may 2007 adds up --but if a man then goes to jail because of his beliefs what hope is there of justice none
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
out come on thursday  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100out come on thursday  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

out come on thursday  Empty Re: out come on thursday

Post  xtina Mon 18 Feb - 11:20

out come on thursday  306321 cass

well said ...i cant bear to think about thursday going wrong for tony ....because that is what it will be WRONG....but right now i have faith ..the out come will be the right one ....
xtina
xtina
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 329
Warning :
out come on thursday  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100out come on thursday  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 18 Feb - 11:29

I will be in court and I'm getting more nervous as the time approaches!

I find that, generally, it's better not to be too optimistic about the outcome of a future event and that leaves leeway to be pleasantly surprised.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Mon 18 Feb - 11:56

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I will be in court and I'm getting more nervous as the time approaches!

I find that, generally, it's better not to be too optimistic about the outcome of a future event and that leaves leeway to be pleasantly surprised.

Well said NBY
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 18 Feb - 12:19

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I will be in court and I'm getting more nervous as the time approaches!

True NBY, l do the same - expect the worse and anything else is a bonus.

The members on the FB pages and boards are rising more and more, on one FB page l've seen 60 new members since last week! and we only have to look at the comments from people on the news pages after yesterdays appearance to know that the McCanns unfortunately do not have the support they say they do.

If Tony gets sent to jail l expect the press will have a field day and it will be a cataclysmic own goal for the McCanns. That said l don't expect he will be sent to jail, despite peoples' best efforts free speech is still highly respected in this country.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Mon 18 Feb - 13:14

I think Tony will get a telling off from the judge for breaching the undertakings and told to be a lot more careful in future. But that's just my opinion. I think there is no chance of him being sent to prison or being asked to fill the coffers of the McCanns. Ready to sue the next person who dares disagree with the mighty duo.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 18 Feb - 14:12

I agree, MaryB.

I'd go further and suggest that not only will TB be treated fairly and proportionately, but that Healy & McCann will be reprimanded for the manner and scale of their Case - something which can be reflected in the award of notional costs only (£1!!) against TB.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Mon 18 Feb - 14:52

The End Is Nigh wrote:I agree, MaryB.

I'd go further and suggest that not only will TB be treated fairly and proportionately, but that Healy & McCann will be reprimanded for the manner and scale of their Case - something which can be reflected in the award of notional costs only (£1!!) against TB.
oh i hope so -- they should not be able to get away will this bullying anymore -- with someone elses money
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 18 Feb - 15:09

Yes, cass, that's the real shame of it - using "Search" money given in good faith by sincere people.

That said, wasn't it also stated in the past that Carter-Duck (with whom nothing rhymes) were working Pro Bonio?

Can't see how spending over £200k of their own Company Funds would gain them any benefit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Mon 18 Feb - 16:07

The End Is Nigh wrote:Yes, cass, that's the real shame of it - using "Search" money given in good faith by sincere people.

That said, wasn't it also stated in the past that Carter-Duck (with whom nothing rhymes) were working Pro Bonio?

Can't see how spending over £200k of their own Company Funds would gain them any benefit.

If they are working pro bono for the gruesome twosome, it hardly seems fair that TB gets caught to pay costs. Where is the justice in that ? What is to stop them suing the world if it is to cost them nothing in the event of them loosing.

They really have sunk to an all time low lately
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 18 Feb - 17:16

i agree if companies can go pro bono then i dont think anyone should have to pay. Pro bono should mean that for all concerned. I expect well have a little edict from someone saying oh no Carter Ruck will demand payment from the McCanns if they lose, theyre not going pro bono their no win no fee. Although if i recall somewhere did someone from Carter Ruck make a note of what K said in her book about them working quietly behind the scenes at no cost. jimo
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 18 Feb - 17:32

I was watching the PCC meeting when Adam Ruck was asked by one of the Members whether the McCann case was working on a no win no fee basis......not pro-buono. Adam was visibly taken aback by the question and agreed with the PCC Member who asked the question . The PCC were completely useless, this Man was the only one who asked a question which I gues was because he knew the high fees CR charged and wondered how the McCanns could afford them. In the event they had plenty of money in the Fund to pay.
BTW, I noted the Judges' comment about the case being tried was renaging on an injunction so I don't think Tony will get off scot free, nor sent to prison. I think he will be given a Fine and Community work
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 18 Feb - 17:43

The End Is Nigh wrote:Yes, cass, that's the real shame of it - using "Search" money given in good faith by sincere people.

If they are indeed working pro bonio, I shall be taking a large selection of dog biscuits to court with me! I wouldn't have thought the McCanns would have chosen such a dog-loving firm though.......
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 18 Feb - 17:52

Thank heavens someone got the doggy reference!

The pro-bono business was, as far as I can recall, a misunderstanding and the real basis was no-win, no-fee.

But nevertheless, it's a lot of resource to lay out for what can only be a pyrhhic victory anyway. If they are expecting to be richly rewarded in Costs, I rather think they are going to be somewhat disappointed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 18 Feb - 17:56

I wasn't sure if it was a genuine error!

Judging by the £288,000 bill which Tony could be faced with, I'm off to clear out Tesco's of their entire stock of doggy treats.

out come on thursday  608891
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 18 Feb - 17:57

And how do you know they are 100% Doggy ..................... out come on thursday  23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 18 Feb - 18:17

tanszi wrote:i agree if companies can go pro bono then i dont think anyone should have to pay. Pro bono should mean that for all concerned. I expect well have a little edict from someone saying oh no Carter Ruck will demand payment from the McCanns if they lose, theyre not going pro bono their no win no fee. Although if i recall somewhere did someone from Carter Ruck make a note of what K said in her book about them working quietly behind the scenes at no cost. jimo

Hi tanszi out come on thursday  Icon_flower

Yes Mr Bennett referred to this piece from Kate's bewk at the trial - and so Mr Justice Tugendhat is now privy to this evidence.

Thank you for sharing Kate! out come on thursday  944533
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Mon 18 Feb - 18:35

Quite true. I remember being totally shocked when Amaral first lost the case regarding the book ban. I had always thought for sure it would go in his favor. Thankfully that wrong was eventually righted, but I just never know what to expect any more.

I agree with others who say he will likely receive a strong reprimand, and possibly a fine and community service work.

The fact of the matter is that this whole case is a huge waste of taxpayers money. To reward the McCanns handsomely for a frivolous lawsuit would be a big mistake.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum