Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  Justiceforallkids on Sat 23 Feb - 11:15

McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement
by Brendan de Beer, in General · 20-02-2013 15:31:00 · 8 Comments

The parents of missing British girl Madeleine McCann and a former PJ police inspector have this week reportedly failed to reach agreement on an out-of-court settlement.
McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

The defence team of Gonçalo Amaral told Lusa News Agency that court proceedings are back on track after the two parties failed to agree terms.
Kate and Gerry McCann sued Amaral for 1.2 million euros in damages, and the case was put on hold due to an apparent attempt in January by the McCanns to reach an out-of-court settlement.
The case centres around the publication of a best-selling book by Amaral, The Truth of the Lie, which was later transformed into a television documentary shown on national television.
It was reported last month that more than 1.2 million
euros was made from Kate McCann’s book about her missing daughter.
“Income from the book has significantly improved the position”, of the funds’ accounts, its directors said this week, who added: “This will continue as a result of publication in other countries and the release of the paperback.”
Madeleine’s Fund climbed to around 2.5 million euros in the immediate months after her disappearance in May 2007, but in 2009, Gerry McCann told The Portugal News, “We are in danger of running out of money by the end of the year.”
While the Fund has admitted it has scaled back following UK Prime Minister David Cameron’s creation of Operation Grange, it revealed that it still pays for “a 24-hour, 7 day a week telephone line to receive and capture information from around the world which may assist the investigation while also supporting a small investigation team, including a Portuguese speaker to help with the above and with campaign activities.”


Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 37
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  cass on Sat 23 Feb - 11:59

great news that the case against ga is still on going -- they are still begging i see -- 24 hrs phone line anyone with any real news re the case can phone sy free

cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1652
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  wjk on Sat 23 Feb - 13:30

JFAK and cass
Heres a link to the thread about this started by Claudia

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t22853-no-settlement

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  cass on Sat 23 Feb - 14:30

thanks jwk

cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1652
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  kitti on Mon 25 Feb - 7:41

The thread has a different heading to claudias.....



It states that...in black and White.....the Mccanns asked for an out off court settlement ...perhaps Pal16 could read it...


kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  Palmeras16 on Mon 25 Feb - 11:47

kitti wrote:The thread has a different heading to claudias.....



It states that...in black and White.....the Mccanns asked for an out off court settlement ...perhaps Pal16 could read it...


I’ve read the article, Kitti, but from whence did the Lusa News Agency derive the information? The answer, unfortunately, for those who wish to believe this to be true, is GA’s defence team, and not an unbiased and impartial source. Never mind, I am certain that eventually the truth shall emerge from the spin created by those with a hidden agenda.

Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 275
Warning :
66 / 10066 / 100

Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  cass on Mon 25 Feb - 12:02

talking of spin -- clarrie id the best wouldnt you say ?

cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1652
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  Guest on Mon 25 Feb - 12:07

Palmeras16 wrote: I am certain that eventually the truth shall emerge from the spin created by those with a hidden agenda.

Oh, yes, make no mistake that this will be happening quite soon.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  AnnaEsse on Mon 25 Feb - 12:12

Palmeras16 wrote:
kitti wrote:The thread has a different heading to claudias.....



It states that...in black and White.....the Mccanns asked for an out off court settlement ...perhaps Pal16 could read it...


I’ve read the article, Kitti, but from whence did the Lusa News Agency derive the information? The answer, unfortunately, for those who wish to believe this to be true, is GA’s defence team, and not an unbiased and impartial source. Never mind, I am certain that eventually the truth shall emerge from the spin created by those with a hidden agenda.

Well there's no hidden agenda here. We are quite open about what we are seeking and that is justice for Madeleine. There is no hiding the fact that most of us think Kate and Gerry McCann have a lot to answer for: leaving 3 small children alone in an unlocked apartment in a foreign country; telling all the friends and relations that the shutters had been jemmied; employing private detectives with no experience of looking for missing children; there being glaring inconsistencies in statements they have made over the past nearly 6 years.

No hidden agenda here!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18417
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  cass on Mon 25 Feb - 12:16

AnnaEsse wrote:
Palmeras16 wrote:
kitti wrote:The thread has a different heading to claudias.....



It states that...in black and White.....the Mccanns asked for an out off court settlement ...perhaps Pal16 could read it...


I’ve read the article, Kitti, but from whence did the Lusa News Agency derive the information? The answer, unfortunately, for those who wish to believe this to be true, is GA’s defence team, and not an unbiased and impartial source. Never mind, I am certain that eventually the truth shall emerge from the spin created by those with a hidden agenda.

Well there's no hidden agenda here. We are quite open about what we are seeking and that is justice for Madeleine. There is no hiding the fact that most of us think Kate and Gerry McCann have a lot to answer for: leaving 3 small children alone in an unlocked apartment in a foreign country; telling all the friends and relations that the shutters had been jemmied; employing private detectives with no experience of looking for missing children; there being glaring inconsistencies in statements they have made over the past nearly 6 years.

No hidden agenda here!
well said anna

cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1652
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  almostgothic on Mon 25 Feb - 12:17

Palmeras16 wrote:
kitti wrote:The thread has a different heading to claudias.....



It states that...in black and White.....the Mccanns asked for an out off court settlement ...perhaps Pal16 could read it...


I’ve read the article, Kitti, but from whence did the Lusa News Agency derive the information? The answer, unfortunately, for those who wish to believe this to be true, is GA’s defence team, and not an unbiased and impartial source. Never mind, I am certain that eventually the truth shall emerge from the spin created by those with a hidden agenda.
So, Palmeras16, I take it from what you say that you don't believe that it's true.
And therefore it follows that you believe that Dr Santos de Oliveira and his team are liars.

As you were so obviously present during this part of the legal process, perhaps you would like to enlighten us as to what transpired ...

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Mon 25 Feb - 12:33

Link to earlier topic.

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t22853-no-settlement#434305

Both of them are now waiting clarification from Palmeras16!

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  Guest on Mon 25 Feb - 17:28

Palmeras16 wrote:
kitti wrote:The thread has a different heading to claudias.....



It states that...in black and White.....the Mccanns asked for an out off court settlement ...perhaps Pal16 could read it...


I’ve read the article, Kitti, but from whence did the Lusa News Agency derive the information? The answer, unfortunately, for those who wish to believe this to be true, is GA’s defence team, and not an unbiased and impartial source. Never mind, I am certain that eventually the truth shall emerge from the spin created by those with a hidden agenda.
and you know, do you, for a concrete fact, where Lusa got their information?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  Claudia79 on Mon 25 Feb - 23:01

There is a very obvious reason why Lusa (the best Portuguese news agency, btw) got their info from GA's defence. The other 'party' had nothing to say about these latest developments. In fact, they never wanted for them to get in the public domain. Which is understandable. Had things been different and we would have had the pleasure of seeing the pink one live...

ETA: before Lusa, several other journalists spoke on live TV about the request. And they all said the same thing. And they all said how surprised they were because it is very unusual for the party which starts the court proceedings to ask for a potential agreement.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  Me on Tue 26 Feb - 0:05

Claudia79 wrote:There is a very obvious reason why Lusa (the best Portuguese news agency, btw) got their info from GA's defence. The other 'party' had nothing to say about these latest developments. In fact, they never wanted for them to get in the public domain. Which is understandable. Had things been different and we would have had the pleasure of seeing the pink one live...

ETA: before Lusa, several other journalists spoke on live TV about the request. And they all said the same thing. And they all said how surprised they were because it is very unusual for the party which starts the court proceedings to ask for a potential agreement.

And isn't this the first time in this case where the McCann's have been silent and the other party have been the ones doing the leaking and spinning to the media?

It's almost as if the defence team wish to apply the pressure and press home their clear advantage through the media.

How very McCann of them!

And the fact that Team McCann remain silent and apparently unable or unwilling to counter this news speaks volumes. They appear to be frozen like rabbits in the headlights.

It's a public show of Amaral's team taunting them.

"We have publically rejected your offer and we are quite happy to go to court".

I'm still betting it won't go to court because Team McCann knows that if it does they can't possibly win.

This strikes me as a put up or shut up on the part of the defence and they are calling the bluff of the McCann's initial, no doubt, derisory offer.

I expect capitulation from the team at which point Clarence will then be awoken from his hairspray induced slumber and placed into full on spin mode.

The fact that the defence have come out and rejected the offer (and that there has been no counter spin) should tell anyone with half a brain who is holding the cards here.

Me
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 79
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  kitti on Tue 26 Feb - 7:25

'I expect capitulation from the team at which point Clarence will then be awoken from his hairspray induced slumber and placed into full on spin mode. ..'



I wonder if he knows we take the piss out off him lol and even typing this I can smell Ellnet Hairspray!!!


The Mccanns must be pooping their pants with thought off mr amaral spilling the beans on what he has up his sleeve.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  Me on Tue 26 Feb - 7:28

kitti wrote:I wonder if he knows we take the piss out off him lol and even typing this I can smell Ellnet Hairspray!!!


I've always had him down as a "Falcon For Men" man!

Me
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 79
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  cass on Tue 26 Feb - 7:56

Me wrote:
kitti wrote:I wonder if he knows we take the piss out off him lol and even typing this I can smell Ellnet Hairspray!!!


I've always had him down as a "Falcon For Men" man! bet he wears hi karate aftershave too

cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1652
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  almostgothic on Tue 26 Feb - 10:58

It's laughable that we've known about the McCann cave-in and Amaral's 'on-yer-bike' response for quite a while now - and yet thus far Clarence has been gagged.
It's a story that desperately needs to be spun and he can't, for the moment, find a way to spin it.
He's waiting for the white smoke emanating from Rothley Towers - signifying the new fallback position which he must then mould into something approaching credible.

Good luck with that one, Clarrie.
Will the clocks be striking thirteen again?

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns and Amaral fail to reach settlement

Post  Sponsored content Today at 17:52


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum